Did you ever get to participate in TNT?

• 115 results
irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

I played against Ryan and community in EA's version of Tetris on PS3. Offstream I murdered everyone and choked on stream pretty bad lol. Good times.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I probably ended up on like 4 or 5 of them. I played Monday Night Combat, DOOM 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Syndicate, Singularity, and I want to say at least one more that I can't recall. It might've been Max Payne 3 but I could be wrong. It's cool to be cemented into GB history.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#53 FinalDasa  Moderator

I was on the XCOM TNT, and got trounced, and was on the Xboxacolypse the parts of which weren't archived anywhere I can find.

I wanna say I made it on one other show but I don't remember what for. I do remember being pretty excited to be on.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Ben_H

Yeah, I played against Jeff's Scorpion in MK9 with my Kung Lao. It turns out he's a lot better at that game than me.

I think I might have been in another one but I can't quite remember.

Edit: Oh yeah I think it was some variation of Street Fighter 4.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#55 chaser324  Moderator

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is the only one I ever participated in.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I played the Tested crew in TF2 when they took it over, however I did play Max payne 3 on the 360 with Ryan.....which has two moments in it.

One I jumped off the top a catwalk firing at Ryan and he shot at me it was in slow motion and I killed him to get "How the fuck did he get me!? That guy!" something like that. So I was "That guy!" for a moment.

The other moment is a fave for a lot of people.

Loading Video...

I was coming in and out of my room to check on the stream as the pc wasnt in my room but my xbox was. So with the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong load times I check in on the stream....to come back to this.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

I participated in the Bad Company 2 TNT and the BC2 Vietnam one as well. Those were a lot of fun! I even made first place in one of the BC2 matches. It felt oddly special being part of GB content directly, even if it is such a minor thing. Those were the stand-out PC TNTs in my mind. BC2 especially was one of the most fun TNTs even just watching I think.

MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Being in the UK, I rarely got to participate because the game they played was usually released the next day. But there were 2 occasions I got close.

Mortal Kombat was released on a Thursday because the Friday was Good Friday so shops were closed. But I had the PS3 version and that was the time PSN got royally fucked and was down for a month.

The second time was Duke Nukem 3D. I got so far as an invite from Brad but when I tried to connect it failed. Either too full or I was too far away.

After them rejections I relegated myself to viewer and mostly enjoyed them that way. I'd love for it to return it some other feature where the community got to play with the guys. I'm sure someone would defeat that damned Fish.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I seem to remember being in the Unreal Tournament 2004 one. I think I handed a tank over to them, so that was fun.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got my ass kicked by jeff in street fighter one time. I cant find the video though I think it was never archived. ugh the search on the videos page is effen useless!

Did they do Street Fighter more than once?

Loading Video...

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Twice for Starcraft 2 (one was 1 v 1 vs Brad and another was in Auir Chef mode).

I also played the first game of C&C3 where they were having connection issues so I created a game and invited them. I lost really badly (I'd never played before this...).

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I was in the Max Payne 3 one that got stopped because of the pigeon apocalypse. I slow motion jumped at Ryan who then shot me in the face. It was fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I never got to play, but one time I won a copy of Hot Pursuit on TNT and Ryan Davis said my handle out loud.

He said it correctly, too. It didn't suddenly become "Broad House" or "Bro House".

The day Diablo III came out, I played the first act and a bit with Kessler.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This all just makes me realize how much I miss TNT.

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in the Syndicate TNT and the Diablo 3 Quick Look. Good times indeed!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played in quite a few of the pc ones actually, which is silly considering they started at midnight for me :/

Me and @zagzagovich starred in the Farming Simulator quick look too, that was fun.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in the entire Torchlight 2 TNT with Ryan, which was also the only one I tried to get in. Was fun.

Tresk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myniceicelife: I was in the Torchlight 2 TNT too, I remember giving Ryan a permanent pet.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Nope, always tried but never succeeded.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

No I didn't. never really tried either so its on me. The best TNTs were the co op ones, pretty much every single one was great. I miss those types of features, where the crew sits with a game for 1 1/2 or 2 hours just playing together. You don't get that on UPF, you only get a half hour at best.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Yep, Twisted Metal.

The game was having launch week network issues, but I was lucky enough to get in and stay on the whole time (the room's weren't full, no reason to leave).

It was incredible, but it ruined the game for me. I could never get into it as much after that because the bar was set so high. My friend was texting that he kept seeing my name, there were infinite flying Sweet Tooth battles, and I just a great time overall. It was the only TNT I ever participated in, but it was so fucking cool.

No Caption Provided

That one time I was internet famous!

I was there too! I was the guy who started the flying Sweet Tooth trend! That was a blast, and it totally set the bar too high for the game. I have been meaning to go back and see how the game holds up. I have a much higher opinion of that game than most people, sometimes I wonder how much that night effected that.

I also played Burnout Paradise with the guys. That one was great because I used to play Burnout Paradise with Jeff when he was between Giant Bomb and GameSpot, and it felt like a throwback to those days.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

I got in the friends list queue back when they were playing the new NFL Blitz, but unfortunately didn't get to play them before it ended.

Avatar image for blastprocessing
BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got into the Quake and Duke Nukem 3D ones. Didn't play Duke much, but Quake was a blast.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a split second I was in a BF3 match against Norm. Loved every second of it.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mrfluke

the one i remember was dead or alive 5, because i actually beat jeff.

but i think i got in for a couple others back in the day.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#76  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I made/flew the Tron Recognizer in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, scored like eight touchdowns in Deathball in Anarchy Reigns, was complimented by Ryan for my Tron: Evolution skills, and played against Jeff in Mortal Kombat 9 on three separate occasions, going from getting my ass kicked the first time to Babalitying him on the last. (These are all under my old username Taku128) I have fond memories of TNT and miss that feature pretty hard. Was nice to be able to interact with Ryan in some way since I've never been to any Giant Bomb events in person.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I've never had a schedule that allowed me to participate or even watch a lot of the live content as it happens.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was "that asshole that blocked the ramp" during the Transformers: War for Cybertron TNT.

I was trying to snipe on the ramp while Jeff, unbeknownst to me, was driving up behind me after a wind-up to hit it.

marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#79 marino  Staff  Online

I beat Jeff in Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe and then immediately retired from TNT undefeated.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I was in the modnation racers TNT.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in the first Super Street Fighter IV TNT. I got in twice against Jeff as Cody and Dudley, he beat me both times as I recall. I did get an ultra on him as Cody while I had him stunned with his focus wrench attack, I felt pretty good about that one.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#82  Edited By JJWeatherman

Yep, I won a match of Duke Nukem 3D rather convincingly one time. I also got a few good matches and wins in on the Halo 2 portion of the Xboxalypse event.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Halo 3 and Quake and Team Fortress 2 I think...

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was in a race when they played Dirt 2. Ryan called me an asshole or something when I crashed into him. It wasn't on purpose!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Devil240Z

@toowalrus said:

@devil240z said:

I got my ass kicked by jeff in street fighter one time. I cant find the video though I think it was never archived. ugh the search on the videos page is effen useless!

Did they do Street Fighter more than once?

Loading Video...

it seems like they played it at least 3 times from what I can see. but it was this video! 2:16 is where jeff kicks my butt.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

Got killed by, I think, Eric Pope a LOT. Placed 3rd, I wanna say.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think I was on the burnout paradise one? Avril Lavigne was featured quite prominently

Newfangled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why TNTs were awesome! Direct Giant Bomb community participation. It made the site seem more connected to its duders--something which is sorely missing now (apart from the occasional UPF multiplayer game).

I never participated, as I only had (have) a PS3, and, as others have said, the crew was 360-orientated last gen.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By optimalpower

I sent Jeff an invite to Burnout: Paradise while he was playing Ridge Racer: Unbounded with freakmanj.

I was also in a couple matches of Max Payne 3, one of which I won if I'm not mistaken. They commented on my Kuribo's Shoe Rockstar Club emblem which was neat.

Oh, and Jeff did all the work helping me save Roland in the Borderlands 2 TNT.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I got invited to the Bad Company TNT before I realised that my game needed a 1GB+ patch. Bummer. Ryan did read out my old username "Chav The World" and wonder aloud if it was ironic, which surprised me as I didn't expect the crew to know the British term!

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Loading Video...

Here's where I 'nailed' whoever was playing, during Ted's wonderful Bill Cosby impersonation.

Loading Video...

I am also seen at 55:30, and I think I also fragged Jeff when he was playing the Mega Man mod.

SilentZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I punched Drew to death in the Chivalry and ended that TNT heh.

I also got booted in the Quake 3 TNT for idling even though I swear I turned the game off when I left to hang out with some friends.

I think I also revived Mike Horn in Battlefield 3, played with him a few times after that too.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Twice. One was in the Dead Space 2 multiplayer and they pointed out my suit was the special dlc suit I think, and the other was a psn game lead and gold.

SharkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a few times in trackmania

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to play against Jeff in Need for speed most wanted.

Jeff made the comment that I was driving on the wrong side of the road. Ryan commented that I was probably British. He was right.

I miss TNT

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

#98  Edited By Sdoots

I was invited to Twisted Metal, but didn't get in because of the network problems. That one really bummed me out, because I was having tons of fun with that game.

I got into Dead Space 2. Brad team killed me.

I was in Trackmania as well. Fun stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cbd3a5285f1e
deactivated-5cbd3a5285f1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I got to fight Jeff in the MvC3 TNT. I want that moment to be mentioned in my obituary.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got into the Dead space 2 TNT and the Red Dead Redemption TNT. I can't remember what happened in the Red Dead TNT, but I did some stuff in the couple matches I got into with Brad in Dead Space 2. I shot Brad in the back and he yelled at me! (I shot through him to save him if I remember correctly) And pulled a few necromorphs off his face, one of which was a buddy of mine who somehow got into the match without an invite. Good times. I need to find that video...