Ever bought a game just for Achievements/Trophies/E-peen? (Poll)

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By artofwar420
Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Computerplayer1

What in the name of all that is sacred is E-peen?!

Sounds like the name for an expansion to Rape-Lay

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By artofwar420

I've never really done this, but maybe some of you are really invested in their gamer-peen's size and probably care, a lot. Have you descended to the depths of terrible games, just because it had easy achievements/trophies?
JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JokerClown88

Rented yes.  Bought no.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Nope, i hardly even go out of my way to get the trophies/achievments from the games i've bought specifically for the fun.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By artofwar420
@Computerplayer1: It's an Electronic Penis. Something non-existent, usually residing in the internet, that says how much time you've spent or skill you possess in a certain game. E-peen. My e-peen is about 3 inches long, I dare not guess how large Jeff's e-peen is. Probably several feet in length and girth.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By artofwar420

Probably the better question would have been to ask if you'd PLAY a game just for a achievements, regardless of quality.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JokerClown88
@artofwar420:
The only game that I played for Achievments was Peter Jacksons King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie.  It was a pretty good game.  I enjoyed the hell out of it.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By artofwar420
@JokerClown88: Which weighed more? The achievements or your enjoyment of the game?
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake

Where's the "No" option? I'm no achievement whore! In all seriousness though that's just stupid if you do play games JUST for achievements.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By JoeyIA

I rent lots of games that have easy achievements.  The only game I've bought for achievements is Halo 2 PC.  I've come really close to buying Gears of War PC and Fallout 3 PC too.  If Games for Windows games were easier to sell/trade I'd play lots more of them.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

No, but i'm considering playing Prince of Persia and Dead Space over again just to push me a bit further ahead of one of my friends.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pie

Nope, I dont have that kind of money!

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By empfeix
@eroticfishcake said:
" Where's the "No" option? I'm no achievement whore! In all seriousness though that's just stupid if you do play games JUST for achievements. "
Why, what if getting achievements is fun for you?  Games are pure entertainment and if thats what works for you, why the hell not.
JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JokerClown88
@artofwar420:
Originally I rented it for the achievments.  I think my enjoyment of the game overshined the easy 1k gamerscore because I played through the game another 2 times before I returned it.
Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thats what renting a game is for

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By GunstarRed

I have done, I will probably again. usually to round my score off to a 10-thousand. I only buy super cheap sale ones and pre-owned and often trade them back as you get the full price trade in. A lot of the so called achievement games arent all that bad, I have played some truly terrible things and even been  so sickened by my decision that I have to stop playing the game despite only getting 2-300 gamerscore in it (smackdown vs raw 2009) 

I have also put a stupid amount of time into games i actually love for the full 1000 which I dont really see as a problem as I usually do that over some rubbish game i would be playing for achievements. 

there are also some genuinely easy achievement games that are fun as well like the lego games. 

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Andorski

Bought, no.  I have rented Avatar: The Burning Earth and X-Men Origins: Wolverine for achievements.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By eroticfishcake
@empfeix said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" Where's the "No" option? I'm no achievement whore! In all seriousness though that's just stupid if you do play games JUST for achievements. "
Why, what if getting achievements is fun for you?  Games are pure entertainment and if thats what works for you, why the hell not. "
Well that works as well but it just annoys me how some people rent out crappy games just for more achievement points. If someone buys a game they can play it however they want, I wouldn't mind but they just may not fully appreciate the game for what it is.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zeforgotten

Picked "not really" but i mean "fuck no". I only play the game through when I feel like it, and if achivements/trophies or penis' are thrown my way, then I'll go "meh" 
(Except maybe the penis part, that's kinda nasty). But looking at like my trophies, I'm amazed at how many games I own and that I nearly have 1k trophies, without even trying to get them o.O 
And people think some are "hard to get" .. really? They throw them at you like candy in a free candy shop... 

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#21  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Never bought or rented a game for that purpose, but I know people who have.

harrisonave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By harrisonave
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill:  ... God I love your avatar.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xyzygy

So if I got this right, the only difference between an E-Peen and a IRL-Peen is that E-Peens can grow? 

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Branthog

I don't dislike the idea of having some public record you can make available that shows your achievements, but those acheivements shoudl be more meaningful. Like "I beat the game" and maybe "on XYZ difficulty level". Pointless achievements (find 500 flags!) are fucking stupid. Worse is wasting your cash and time on a title just so you can say "look at my meta-gaming stuff, even though it has nothing to actually do with gaming!".

I really fear that the whole trophies/achievement thing is setting an awful path for the future that will continue to destroy the joy of gaming.

laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By laticsfan

Definatly not, I only buy games if I have an interest in the game itself.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dbz1995
@Computerplayer1 said:
" What in the name of all that is sacred is E-peen?!  Sounds like the name for an expansion to Rape-Lay "
This particular one has trophies.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By GunstarRed
@Branthog:
games have had  percentage completions for years and years and the ratchet/spyro games have skill points that are basically achievements/trophies before anyone really gave a damn.  
It's just now people can share their achievements and completion data  without having to post it up on websites etc... 

I dont get why some people get so worked up over something they can basically ignore.
sealog444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By sealog444

rented yes, bought no.  Terminatior:salvation was just too easy to pass up
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By rjayb89

Yeah, I got Crackdown because I forgot to finish that game and also wanted the achievements.  Double-edged sword to my backlog.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nrain

Paying any money at all for a game like avatar is so lame it's mindboggling.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@JokerClown88 said:
" @artofwar420: The only game that I played for Achievments was Peter Jacksons King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie.  It was a pretty good game.  I enjoyed the hell out of it. "
I rented that game & I really & truly hated it all the way through.  After getting all the achievements, I didn't feel it was worth the 6-8 hours of time I put into it.  There were a few tough areas where I didn't have any bullets & had to use those dinosaur bones to get through it.  It was frustrating.

Another one I went for was that Fantastic Four:ROTSS game.  I went through part of it, turned out to be really crappy. Afterwards, I thought, "I'm better off spending time playing games I actually LIKE" rather than playing something that might give me some easy achievements.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By subject2change

nope don't play games for trophies.

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By Computerplayer1
@artofwar420 said:
" @Computerplayer1: It's an Electronic Penis. Something non-existent, usually residing in the internet, that says how much time you've spent or skill you possess in a certain game. E-peen. My e-peen is about 3 inches long, I dare not guess how large Jeff's e-peen is. Probably several feet in length and girth. "
Oh, then I wasn't that far off then? lol
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By artofwar420

OH well, I think this poll will do, I think people get what it's asking.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Meowayne

Not bought, but Dash of Destructions 200 advertisement points were too readily available for me to refuse. Other than that, no.

I sometimes play for achievements, but only if its a challenge I enjoy. If I find that I don't really enjoy what I am doing to get a certain achievement, I stop. 

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By MKHavoc

Nope, but I might consider it if the price is low enough.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By iam3green

no, i never rented or bought a game just for achievement or trophies. i don't care to much about them so i just get them if i do.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By banksrob

Yes, i bought King Kong as it was £1 i couldn't turn it down now i wish i did as that was 5 hours of my life i want back

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By MetalGearSunny

My friend considered getting the Hannah Montana game. I knocked him out of it, thank god. Anyone who has the Hannah Montana trophy list on their profile is not my friend.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#40  Edited By flaminghobo

Never.