• 71 results
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By melcene
TL;DR Version: Gamer frustrated by recent thread rants about female gamers who QQ when "harassed" for being female 

I love this line.  I truly do. 

I've never been much of a troll, but this line is such reliable, entertaining trollbait, how can one not like it? 

So here's the thing.  As a gamer, I get tired of some completely predictable things, some in particular having to do with girls.   

Girl posts picture in picture thread. 
Guys respond with typical (unserious) "zomg a girl" comments. 
Girl doesn't get that they're unserious and starts string of bouncy response comments.  I don't know why I say bouncy.  That's just how these types of girls often come across to me. 

My favorite example though... WoW Trade Channel.  This is always great. 
Someone says in trade (slash 2 didn't work)  Everyone knows girls don't play wow
Girls come out of the fricking woodwork to claim their femininity. 

Half those girls fall even further into the guys' traps and give their facebook/myspace/etc just to "prove" they're really a girl 
A.  These girls are dumb. 
B. These girls like the attention from just being a girl.  

Another one of those predictable things: 

Girls talking about how they always get treated differently as soon as the guys find out they're a girl. 
Well hmmmm.  How did the guys find out?  Usually the story is voice or picture.  We'll take WoW as an example again.   
Girl will say that she's been in her guild for like two years or something absurd and that no one knew she was a girl until she finally spoke on vent for the first time after all that time.  Then all of a sudden the whole guild treats her differently because zomg its a girl.  *BUZZER SOUND*  I call BS.  I mean, if that IS the case, then chick was in a crappy guild to start and probably should have had second thoughts before revealing herself as female, especially if she didn't want to get crap over it.  But I have NEVER seen this kind of thing actually happen.  Maybe I always end up in the right online crowds, I don't know.  There's always a fair mix of guys and girls in the online crowds I end up with and so the females are never really treated differently.  Of course, if they flirt their asses off and/or act like a slut, they'll be treated like one, but that's gender-neutral.

Here's something else that bothers me.  The people that get all offended on behalf of a girl because of sexist comments, even if said girl isn't offended.  Follows a typical political mindset but that's for another blog.  If the chick isn't offended, then back the eff off.  She doesn't need you to be knight in shining armor for her.  Chances are she's a big girl who can take care of herself.  Maybe she's not a big girl after all, and she gets all QQ over it... then either one of two things - she needs to grow a thicker skin, or she is just attention whoring.  If she's QQing, it most likely just to keep the conversation going that she's female in the first place.   

[Generalization] Girls, at heart, love attention.  
[Retraction] Did I say that out loud? While it is true you are a meatbag, I should refrain from addressing you as such.      

Ah, couldn't help it.

All we can do is hope that females start finding other ways to make themselves worth knowing like... oh, I dunno, hold intelligent discourse. 

I am suddenly reminded of a scene from the new HBO show Boardwalk Empire.  Women are working on getting the right to vote.  Only its obvious that some women don't deserve it.  The men are commenting on this.  A woman in the party pipes up about how she thinks she's smart enough to vote.  She's asked about her thoughts on the League of Nations that was recently discussed at a meeting in Paris.  She has no clue what the guy is talking about but thinks Paris would be lovely.  While that's the way many men preferred their women, she was an embarrassment to some men and women. 

I see the same thing today.  Females who pop out saying "Hey, I'm a chick!" but once the discussion turns serious, they don't have an actual opinion.  I mean the WoW equivalent to that Boardwalk Empire scene would be something like a guy asking "what do you think about the new talent trees?" The girl would respond that she doesn't know much (go even further with her just copying her talent tree from the forums or having her boyfriend spec her), but she sure is excited about the new vanity pets. 

Now granted, again this is a generalization.  And it doesn't even encompass all female gamers.  But it does seem to be a fair portion. 

This particular rant is all over the place, and I'm sorry about that.  My writing is usually a little more organized than this.  Perhaps I'll fix this up a bit tomorrow and get my thoughts straightened out.  But for now, it's time to go home.
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By melcene
TL;DR Version: Gamer frustrated by recent thread rants about female gamers who QQ when "harassed" for being female 

I love this line.  I truly do. 

I've never been much of a troll, but this line is such reliable, entertaining trollbait, how can one not like it? 

So here's the thing.  As a gamer, I get tired of some completely predictable things, some in particular having to do with girls.   

Girl posts picture in picture thread. 
Guys respond with typical (unserious) "zomg a girl" comments. 
Girl doesn't get that they're unserious and starts string of bouncy response comments.  I don't know why I say bouncy.  That's just how these types of girls often come across to me. 

My favorite example though... WoW Trade Channel.  This is always great. 
Someone says in trade (slash 2 didn't work)  Everyone knows girls don't play wow
Girls come out of the fricking woodwork to claim their femininity. 

Half those girls fall even further into the guys' traps and give their facebook/myspace/etc just to "prove" they're really a girl 
A.  These girls are dumb. 
B. These girls like the attention from just being a girl.  

Another one of those predictable things: 

Girls talking about how they always get treated differently as soon as the guys find out they're a girl. 
Well hmmmm.  How did the guys find out?  Usually the story is voice or picture.  We'll take WoW as an example again.   
Girl will say that she's been in her guild for like two years or something absurd and that no one knew she was a girl until she finally spoke on vent for the first time after all that time.  Then all of a sudden the whole guild treats her differently because zomg its a girl.  *BUZZER SOUND*  I call BS.  I mean, if that IS the case, then chick was in a crappy guild to start and probably should have had second thoughts before revealing herself as female, especially if she didn't want to get crap over it.  But I have NEVER seen this kind of thing actually happen.  Maybe I always end up in the right online crowds, I don't know.  There's always a fair mix of guys and girls in the online crowds I end up with and so the females are never really treated differently.  Of course, if they flirt their asses off and/or act like a slut, they'll be treated like one, but that's gender-neutral.

Here's something else that bothers me.  The people that get all offended on behalf of a girl because of sexist comments, even if said girl isn't offended.  Follows a typical political mindset but that's for another blog.  If the chick isn't offended, then back the eff off.  She doesn't need you to be knight in shining armor for her.  Chances are she's a big girl who can take care of herself.  Maybe she's not a big girl after all, and she gets all QQ over it... then either one of two things - she needs to grow a thicker skin, or she is just attention whoring.  If she's QQing, it most likely just to keep the conversation going that she's female in the first place.   

[Retraction] Did I say that out loud? While it is true you are a meatbag, I should refrain from addressing you as such.      

Ah, couldn't help it.

All we can do is hope that females start finding other ways to make themselves worth knowing like... oh, I dunno, hold intelligent discourse. 

I am suddenly reminded of a scene from the new HBO show Boardwalk Empire.  Women are working on getting the right to vote.  Only its obvious that some women don't deserve it.  The men are commenting on this.  A woman in the party pipes up about how she thinks she's smart enough to vote.  She's asked about her thoughts on the League of Nations that was recently discussed at a meeting in Paris.  She has no clue what the guy is talking about but thinks Paris would be lovely.  While that's the way many men preferred their women, she was an embarrassment to some men and women. 

I see the same thing today.  Females who pop out saying "Hey, I'm a chick!" but once the discussion turns serious, they don't have an actual opinion.  I mean the WoW equivalent to that Boardwalk Empire scene would be something like a guy asking "what do you think about the new talent trees?" The girl would respond that she doesn't know much (go even further with her just copying her talent tree from the forums or having her boyfriend spec her), but she sure is excited about the new vanity pets. 

Now granted, again this is a generalization.  And it doesn't even encompass all female gamers.  But it does seem to be a fair portion. 

This particular rant is all over the place, and I'm sorry about that.  My writing is usually a little more organized than this.  Perhaps I'll fix this up a bit tomorrow and get my thoughts straightened out.  But for now, it's time to go home.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Why shouldn't a girl be able to be known as a girl without getting shit constantly?

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Tiwi

I find the generalization that online, everyone is and will forever  be all 30 year old male rapists. With that in mind I never get  disappointed or surprised.
for example I take for granted when someone says they are a girl, I normaly trust them. I don't CARE if they're lying or not.
Letting people know you're female can both be a strength and a disadvantage, Not that i could speak to what those are.

@Bellum said:

" Why shouldn't a girl be able to be known as a girl without getting shit constantly? "

This is also the reason why we can't have nice things.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Girl or not, I'm not reading all that shit.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fwylo
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Girl or not, I'm not reading all that shit. "
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By KaosAngel
@fwylo said:
" @Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Girl or not, I'm not reading all that shit. "
"
Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Immuniity
@Bellum: 

Draw your attention to...

@melcene said:
"  But I have NEVER seen this kind of thing actually happen.  Maybe I always end up in the right online crowds, I don't know.  There's always a fair mix of guys and girls in the online crowds I end up with and so the females are never really treated differently.  Of course, if they flirt their asses off and/or act like a slut, they'll be treated like one, but that's gender-neutral. "

I am inclined to agree with this as it also represents my experiences online over the last decade.

@melcene:
You mention a fair portion of girls (in your WoW example) care for vanity pets more then talent tree changes. I'm struggling to see how this differentiates from the large portion of people (including males) who care more for vanity aspects of the new druid animals forms then the actual skills. Is it then okay to disregard all people who think like this (and i bet at one point in time, you've been guilty of smiler thinking) because its 'unintelligent'?

Females should not have to prove themselves into being 'worth knowing' any more then a male should. Idyllically, it should be gender neutral but you on one hand you disregard one generalization and then bolster another that is extremely similar.''

[Generalization] People, at heart, love attention.
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By captain_clayman
@Bellum said:
" Why shouldn't a girl be able to be known as a girl without getting shit constantly? "
same things with homosexuals or black people or pretty much anyone.  everyone gets shit for everything, what makes girls any different? 
if they dont want as much shit, they shouldnt have xX-Girl_GaMeR-Xx as their username or post suggestive pics on forums of themselves.  they're asking for it.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shirogane

Meatbags will be meatbags. The number of times this gets brought up...doesn't really do anything to help. Now to get out of here before this thread goes to all hell.
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Nice read!

I get the opposite really.
People find out I'm a girl with a pretty solid opinion on things.
Scares em right back into their hidey-hole it does!
Enough guys coming at me trying to show their gaming superiority only to find out I know as much or more then them about gaming.
I got these tat's for a reason boys! ain't just pretty pics!

I've been in two guilds in WoW.
The first was like: OMFG A GIRL GET DOWN TEH WORLD IS DYING etc.
The second I made with my cousin with normal peeps who didn't give a flying fuck who was behind the keyboard but focussed on the game!

Gotta say that the best times are in games like Halo.
Some guy singing or making annoying sounds in the lobby, I ask him politely to put a sock in it and suddenly half the lobby plugs in their mic.
Followed by constant betrayal by teammates and more attention on me then the game.
Granted there's a much bigger chance to come across such people on XBL, it's quite the experience nonetheless.

I mostly stick to partychat with my cousin tho =)
And on forums? Here I'm a bit more outspoken thanks to the awesome community not tripping over each other to raise me up or bring me down.
Not many other forums have made me feel at ease for being who I am!

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By meteora

With how the internet is a general dick or stalker to girls, I'm not surprised this happens. When does it end? I'm not sure.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Origina1Penguin

You're not helping things with this thread though, are you? Just don't call attention to the issue, because it's not an issue unless it is made out to be one. There are idiots regarding gender differences in games, sure, but most guys don't care as much as you think. You just won't hear anything from them because they aren't part of that vocal minority and well - like I said - they just don't care.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BraveToaster
@captain_clayman said:
" @Bellum said:
same things with homosexuals or black people or pretty much anyone.  everyone gets shit for everything, what makes girls any different? if they dont want as much shit, they shouldnt have xX-Girl_GaMeR-Xx as their username or post suggestive pics on forums of themselves.  they're asking for it. "
This.   
Everyone has eaten a piece of the Online Shit Pie. Regardless of gender, race, sexual preference etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Immuniity said:

" @Bellum: 

Draw your attention to...

@melcene said:

"  But I have NEVER seen this kind of thing actually happen.  Maybe I always end up in the right online crowds, I don't know.  There's always a fair mix of guys and girls in the online crowds I end up with and so the females are never really treated differently.  Of course, if they flirt their asses off and/or act like a slut, they'll be treated like one, but that's gender-neutral. "

I am inclined to agree with this as it also represents my experiences online over the last decade. "

Don't spend much time on GiantBomb, do you? A wretched hive of scum and misogyny. 

@captain_clayman said:
" @Bellum said:
same things with homosexuals or black people or pretty much anyone.  everyone gets shit for everything, what makes girls any different? if they dont want as much shit, they shouldnt have xX-Girl_GaMeR-Xx as their username or post suggestive pics on forums of themselves.  they're asking for it. "

She was just asking to be raped. Amirite or amirite? lolololol
Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Immuniity
@Origina1Penguin: 
I like this point so i want to take a closer look at it.

Its like the stereotype that all gamers over their teenage years are fat, glasses wearing, pimply, awkward weirdo that lives in his mothers basement. We all joke about it and use it as a strawman every time we dislike someone whos posting anonymously over the internet or someone gets too into a game...but this description of the 'classic gamer' might have existed at one point, but its been dead for a long time.

As soon as you come in and reignite an issue and then use strawmen of 'what women are like online' you just perpetuate falsity and relight a flame with generalizations that are such a parody of themselves only a person fresh on the internet would believe them.
Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Immuniity
@Bellum said:
"
Don't spend much time on GiantBomb, do you? A wretched hive of scum and misogyny. "
Honestly? I havn't seen scum (except for the most blatant of trolling attempts) or misogyny (except the kind you keep trying to perpetuate exist everywhere at all times. Possibly projecting?)
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By animateria

Wha?

Well when I played WoW there wasn't any crazies going about girls... Well, girl avatars maybe (I '/no'ed so many times to '/flirts' which is more awkward since I'm a guy) but nothing too crazy.

I've met random girls on my server, mostly from guild chat more than anything, we generally ask each other where we live and who we are. There was one crazy ass girl (and her dumbass boyfriend) in our guild that we had to boot, but the others were perfectly normal.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Sarkhan

well, i love games. and ihave a wonderfull bf, and a awsome daughter. This is my hobbie.  
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Dalai
HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HS21
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MikkaQ

Eh, as long I can shoot 'em, or win the race against them, or counter their stinkin' zerk rush, I don't really care what the gender is. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Immuniity said:
" @Bellum said:
"
Don't spend much time on GiantBomb, do you? A wretched hive of scum and misogyny. "
Honestly? I havn't seen scum (except for the most blatant of trolling attempts) or misogyny (except the kind you keep trying to perpetuate exist everywhere at all times. Possibly projecting?) "
That's because you have 122 posts. :|
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By beargirl1

ugh. 

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@AjayRaz said:
" ugh.  "
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By natetodamax

Men like sex. Men can get away with pretty much everything when they're anonymous online and have a microphone. It's the unfortunate truth but I think you can see what I'm getting at.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LiquidPrince

Does someone want to summarize.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Enigma777

Pffft. Everyone knows that there are, in fact, no girls on the internet.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Girls don't play games.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Helimocopter
@Axxol:  as a white, straight, male i take offense to this statement
Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bwast

Hey baby. I got all the stuff you are looking for. No job, I live with my parents, barely completed high school too. The complete package. Now, before you ask, I'll tell you right now - I'm single. That's right. Women are just too intimidated by my Sloth-like good looks and my John Goodman physique. You must be thinking "He's way out of my league, shouldn't he be in bed with 4 beautiful women right now? What if it's a trick?". It's OK if you are a little overwhelmed. I don't usually do this sort of thing. It's not every day that I spy a swinging gal such as yourself, though. I have my eye on you. Are those satin pillows? Move over so I can see. Man it's cold out here. Anyway, I should warn you that if we get intimate, I am not as experienced as other people my age.  I have, however, watched an infinite amount of erotic films to perfect my technique. I don't have any testimonies to share with you, of course, but I assure you, I will not disappoint. I await your reply.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By Bigheart711
That's some pure genuine bullshit over here!
MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MisterMouse

I actually know a couple girls who play video games, and it is definitely enjoyable to play with them and they are solid competitors.

Avatar image for feelthefunkness
FeelTheFunkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FeelTheFunkness

Whoa, that's bananas. I was playing a while back where your first example exactly happened, and it was so frustrating knowing that the girls were just saying that they were girls to get the attention for being one.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iam3green

lol there are no girls on the internet. if you are a girl what are you doing out of the kitchen? 

seriously i don't care if your a girl or not. people should just stop caring if they are girls or not. i do enjoy hearing girls on games and then like everyone puts on their mics and starts talking to girls.

shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By shadyspace

Nobody cares, sugar tits.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By melcene
@Immuniity said:

@melcene:
You mention a fair portion of girls (in your WoW example) care for vanity pets more then talent tree changes. I'm struggling to see how this differentiates from the large portion of people (including males) who care more for vanity aspects of the new druid animals forms then the actual skills. Is it then okay to disregard all people who think like this (and i bet at one point in time, you've been guilty of smiler thinking) because its 'unintelligent'?

[Generalization] People, at heart, love attention. "

It's not that girls CARE more for vanity pets.  In my example, I mentioned that said hypothetical girl would say she doesn't know much about the new talent changes (and just copied her spec or had her boyfriend do it for her) but is sure excited about the vanity pets.  So it's not about caring about vanity pets more than talents... it's about caring about being educated about something that is supposedly important to you.   I do completely agree with your generalization though.  Granted, females are typically worse about it than guys, but your edit to my generalization is appropriate :) 

@Axxol said:

" @captain_clayman said:

" @Bellum said:

This.   Everyone has eaten a piece of the Online Shit Pie. Regardless of gender, race, sexual preference etc. "
Really, I agree with this.  Girls might flaunt their gender much as someone might flaunt their race or sexuality, hoping to get attention out of it.  Of course, it's not politically correct to give any of the above groups crap.  In the World Wide Interwebs, political correctness is a weak polite suggestion.      

@Immuniity said:

" @Origina1Penguin:  I like this point so i want to take a closer look at it.  Its like the stereotype that all gamers over their teenage years are fat, glasses wearing, pimply, awkward weirdo that lives in his mothers basement. We all joke about it and use it as a strawman every time we dislike someone whos posting anonymously over the internet or someone gets too into a game...but this description of the 'classic gamer' might have existed at one point, but its been dead for a long time.  As soon as you come in and reignite an issue and then use strawmen of 'what women are like online' you just perpetuate falsity and relight a flame with generalizations that are such a parody of themselves only a person fresh on the internet would believe them. "

Here's the problem Immunity...  It's GIRLS that perpetuate these stereotypes too.  Much like in the offline world, there are people of every race that perpetuate stereotypes about their race.  Every time a girl comes along and bats her eyelashes and hopes all the guys swoon, she's perpetuating.  Every time she giggles over the mic during MW2, she's perpetuating.  Every time she dances on the Ironforge bridge, she's perpetuating.  I'd like to say this is often a younger girl thing, like teens, early 20s.. but I'm not so sure... I've had RL girl friends that have embarrassed me from time to time... and before people get up in arms, I'm talking embarrassing like one got caught cybering as we were waiting for a raid to start. 

And there, I added a TLDR to the original blog post.
floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By floodiastus

blame religion, they have opressed women for thousands of years making them the weaker sex and the ripples from that reaches even the internet.

Let's burn down some churches people!

StartAndPause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By StartAndPause

I liked vanity pets when I played wow. What are you trying to imply?!

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mfpantst

As they say when there are large bathroom lines- make a point or get off the pot.  I'm not reading whatever you said.  And yes I'm replying to let you know.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#42  Edited By Sin4profit

Girls...Too goddamn complicated.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dtat

[Approval] Haha! Very nice. 
@melcene
said: 

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ryax
@animateria said:

" Wha?  Well when I played WoW there wasn't any crazies going about girls... Well, girl avatars maybe (I '/no'ed so many times to '/flirts' which is more awkward since I'm a guy) but nothing too crazy.   I've met random girls on my server, mostly from guild chat more than anything, we generally ask each other where we live and who we are. There was one crazy ass girl (and her dumbass boyfriend) in our guild that we had to boot, but the others were perfectly normal. "

its true 

never had anyone get all weird on finding out some one is a girl. the people that generally do that are the losers who never get a chance to actually interact with a female besides their mom, who still makes them nervous because she is the opposite sex
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By guiseppe

In many cases this seem to be true. I've seen many ladies getting special treatments simply for being, well, ladies. And I hate it as much every time, I've even quit a guild or two because of it in WoW. That said, I can't make up my mind if I dislike the lady or the people giving her what she wants the most. Regardless, it's annoying as hell.

Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Chirag4

I'm gonna ignore what you just typed out there and say that my best friend (who is an attractive girl) is a serious gamer. She doesn't get any shit on vent or in her guild. You know why? Cos she's not a fucking attention whore.

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By turbo_toaster

Maybe before I die this topic of conversation will have finally shuffled off, seriously who the fuck cares one way or the other

actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By actionTACO

haha 
"no, you see, its womens fault that i'm a sexist sack of shit. don't you get it?" 

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By Julmust

I'm not sure what to think.

Having seen so many attention starved girls online, they do give the rest of the female gaming community a bad fucking name. Since they're not a big chunk of us video game players the onces that stick out has left me with a bitter taste. Calling out on xbox that they indeed are in possession of a vagina, amongst other stuff.

But of course, there are exceptions. But they do not stick out of the crowd and they do not want to, I fucking wouldn't want that either if I was a girl. Getting treated differently is something we should move away from not towards. My girlfriend for example does not say to her guild that she's a girl, I told her of all the advantages and special attention she'll get from online don juans, she doesn't want part of it.
I hope many people are similar. But of course, we guy gamerzzz, have a responsibility not calling out people way fucking before there has been any harm done. Just because you want to give your opinion on something, while stating that you are a girl, they probably just want to give another point of view on the subject matter.

I truly wish that someday we could be open about our gender in specific hobbies. But since there's been such a bad trend in the female-crowd of video games, they day that happens I will be amazed.

Sorry for the wall of text, I've been thinking about this shit for a while now.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I'm sure that the majority of girls who are gamers don't do the things you say and it is a minority.  A generalization is an understatement as it isn't the majority that are attention whores but the minority.  Males do it to but they don't have to say they are a male gamer, instead they act like dicks.  Blacks can say "As a black gamer" but thats a minority too.  Canadian gamer and European gamer are that way too, it's a minority not a majority that use their appearance or attitude as a way to get attention. 

So to have a thread like this telling girl gamers to shut up is kind of pointless cause the minority of girl gamers who are attention whores that see this won't care and the majority who aren't like you said won't give a shit since it doesn't apply to them.