• 64 results
vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vikingdeath1

I play NO fighting games. But I watched a lot of that EVO stream and even I would be pumped if they played some MK, KoF, MVC3, MK or SC5 or whatever fighting game! Throw in some WWE All Stars or Super Smash!

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@vikingdeath1

I play NO fighting games.

But I watched a lot of that EVO stream and even I would be pumped if they played some MK, KoF, MVC3, MK or SC5 or whatever fighting game! Throw in some All Stars or Super Smash!

So Jeff will grow a sex offender beard and be sexually harrassing someone?
Avatar image for deactivated-5d557b323a6f7
deactivated-5d557b323a6f7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wanna see MK or SF. Get a mini tournament going.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Skytylz

After the KOF finals I'm seriously considering picking it up, so great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Tim_the_Corsair: HA. Made me smile. Can't believe that dude was doing commentary this year.

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tan

Probably not, especially considering they've already done those and people realize they don't generate the kind of hype EVO does. If anything they'll have more angry comments now that more people know what really good play looks like.

Another scrub league would be fun, but we've exhausted our fighting game limit this week.

TMBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TMBaker

I really hope not there's been quite a few fighting themed TNTs already, ugh but whatever.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By NMC2008

Watch pros play fighting games > Watch amateurs play fighting games.

NO! After Evo I don't want to see anymore fighting games being played until DOA 5 comes out, but whatever, I don't care.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

Another scrub league would be cool, or just more Jackie Chan.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hadoken101

Although it sounds like a good idea, you have to realize that the reason you found EVO entertaining is likely because you were watching the best in the world. The Giant Bomb folk are NOT that and watching people who don't play fighting games do so just wouldn't be very fun. You're not going to get those really flashy combos because they are fucking hard to do. And you're definately not going to be getting those crazy levels of excitement because they're just a dozen dudes in an office, opposed to a few THOUSAND people.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MethodMan008

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@vikingdeath1

But I watched a lot of that EVO stream and even I would be pumped if they played some MK, KoF, MVC3, MK or SC5 or whatever fighting game! Throw in some All Stars or Super Smash!

le sigh

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Shaunage

MK Scrub League Round 2. We can make this happen.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadoken101

@MethodMan008 said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

@vikingdeath1

le sigh

Because he was doing that the entire time during Soul Calibur V right guys? Oh wait........

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Harpell

I bought MK yesterday cuz of this... I have not regretted, but I am really bad.

So yeah, a fighting game TNT would be rad.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@Symptomz

@Tim_the_Corsair: HA. Made me smile. Can't believe that dude was doing commentary this year.

I'm glad you, at least, have a sense of humour
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By TheHT

@NMC2008 said:

Watch pros play fighting games > Watch amateurs play fighting games.

this. much rather they do spelunky and... something else.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hadoken101 said:

Although it sounds like a good idea, you have to realize that the reason you found EVO entertaining is likely because you were watching the best in the world. The Giant Bomb folk are NOT that and watching people who don't play fighting games do so just wouldn't be very fun. You're not going to get those really flashy combos because they are fucking hard to do. And you're definately not going to be getting those crazy levels of excitement because they're just a dozen dudes in an office, opposed to a few THOUSAND people.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I always enjoy watching my friends matches, either online or against each other, and they're not throwing flashy combos left and right. I would imagine everyone here loves the GB crew and could get pretty invested in it even if the skill level is scrubby. The people who don't play/aren't as good might even relate to it better?

Just my 2 cents.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By xymox

They should bust out another community tournament. Perhaps things like Clay Fighter, Jackie Chan and that turtles fighting game (name escapes me). What else could they play? There needs to be some strange stuff in there, preferably stuff that wasn't featured on EVO.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Skytylz said:

Pick it up. A legitimately great, great game in a legitimately great series. Also, I need more people to crush with my sick Leona skills.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#20  Edited By Humanity

@BabyChooChoo said:

@Skytylz said:

Pick it up. A legitimately great, great game in a legitimately great series. Also, I need more people to crush with my sick Leona skills.

I felt the same way about SC5, while KOF kinda bored me.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By moffattron9000

@Symptomz said:

They really let him do commentary again. I now want nothing to do with that scene anymore if that's their opinion of what happened.

As for your idea if they do another scrub league i'm on board. Plus Tony Hawk HD isn't out until next week and it's not like they're going to do an NCAA football 13 TNT.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By sub_o

Scrub League sounds entertaining. Maybe go with Ultimate MvC 3, SFxT or KOF13. Get Vinny, Drew and Dave in. Plus some of the GameSpot staffs.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By JoeyRavn

If it's a Scrub League (or any other kind of league they can come up with in four days), I'm all for it. If it's another online fighting game TNT... nah. Random matches with random people get old fast, just like it happens with shooters.

GeekDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By GeekDown

I didn't get to see any MK fights during the stream so I would really like to see it on TNT this week. Scrub League part 2 would be awesome!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moffattron9000: He wasn't on for long, I forget where I saw him. Might have been during the UMVC3 finals. I don't like what he said before either but to his credit he didn't say any sexist nonsense this time.

@sub_o: As long as we're living in a fantasy factory, I want John Davison to do commentary over the whole thing haha.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GaspoweR

@moffatron: You assume that it is the opinion of the entire community just because he was commentating. That just sounds like a logical fallacy... "Aris was allowed to commentate ergo entire community shares his opinions." I'd rather they do a scrub league of the fighting game a GB user made out of the clips they used for the e3 intros. It might get boring after awhile though...or they should do another Warlords cash game tournament.

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By smokeyd123

Scrub league. Let it be scrub league PLEASE.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By crusader8463

I hope not. The only thing more boring for TNT's of fighting games are the FPS ones. If they did some mini-tournament thing it could be interesting, like the MK one, but given their lack of people around these days it would mostly just be random GS guys that I don't know or like so it wouldn't be as fun to watch. I miss having that large group of folks form the last office around to jump in on stuff like that.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By XenoNick

KOF! KOF! KOF! KOF!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By FLStyle

@moffattron9000 said:

@Symptomz said:

They really let him do commentary again. I now want nothing to do with that scene anymore if that's their opinion of what happened.

As for your idea if they do another scrub league i'm on board. Plus Tony Hawk HD isn't out until next week and it's not like they're going to do an NCAA football 13 TNT.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Aris represents Aris and no-one else. You want a representative of the FGC, I give you Seth Killian.

----------------------

On the subject of an EVO-inspired TNT? The Giant Bomb staff have always been about doing TNT on the games they're interested in doing TNT's about. They simply don't care about EVO or what you thought about EVO. Dave put the chat up for us with the embedded stream and Drew checked it out last night during Marvel. Those are the only two who cared.

Besides, a fighting game TNT wouldn't be fun to watch. Another fighting game Scrub League wouldn't be a bad idea. Get the GameSpot people in there and you should have an interesting 16 man bracket.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rapid

Love to see return of the Scrub League?

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rafaelfc

I was hoping for some co-op spelunky action. but I'd be totally down with either a scrub league or a fighting game TNT, it's been a while

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By aurahack
@Tim_the_Corsair said:
@vikingdeath1

Maybe then he'll also provide excellent commentary on SC5 and totally own up to the things he's said.  

*sigh* 

@Humanity said:

@BabyChooChoo said:

@Skytylz said:

I felt the same way about SC5, while KOF kinda bored me.

I would love to know why, because the KOF13 finals were easily the highlight of the night for me.
FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#35  Edited By FLStyle

@aurahack: I suspect they were a lot of people's highlight, including mine.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#36  Edited By Humanity

@aurahack: Just personal preference I guess. I don't find KOF interesting and overall dislike the character design. Just my personal opinion of course - then again I'm one of like 2 people on the planet that don't think SF x T is some disgusting piece of shit that should never be showcased ever because fuck Capcom.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By churrific

It's nice to see that there's a post-evo glow about people.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hadoken101

@Humanity said:

... then again I'm one of like 2 people on the planet that don't think SF x T is some disgusting piece of shit that should never be showcased ever because fuck Capcom.

Not to speak for others but I don't think SF x T shouldn't be showcased because fuck Capcom. I think SF x T shouldn't be showcased because I don't want to see Grand Finals where half the rounds are decided by timeout.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39  Edited By aurahack

@Hadoken101 said:

@Humanity said:

... then again I'm one of like 2 people on the planet that don't think SF x T is some disgusting piece of shit that should never be showcased ever because fuck Capcom.

Not to speak for others but I don't think SF x T shouldn't be showcased because fuck Capcom. I think SF x T shouldn't be showcased because I don't want to see Grand Finals where half the rounds are decided by timeout.

Pretty much my opinion, too. Man, I've had yawns that lasted longer than Mike Ross' total play time in the finals, too. :|

I hear you though on KOF. It's certainly not for everyone, but I really do feel like the intensity of the final matches were unrivaled for the rest of the night.

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ett

@moffattron9000:

Yeah! Because when you make a mistake you should be ostracised by the community. Doesn't matter the years you spend helping, teaching and sharing your passion . Putting you heart and soul in to the thing you love. Nope you make a mistake you created a storm of negative attention on the community. You shouldn't be aloud too what you spend years building anymor.

Well Moffattron9000 if that's the way you treat your friends. I don't think the community wants anything too do with you either.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TruthTellah

Woah. An EVO-themed TNT would be kind of awesome.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By moffattron9000

@Ett said:

@moffattron9000:

Yeah! Because when you make a mistake you should be ostracised by the community. Doesn't matter the years you spend helping, teaching and sharing your passion . Putting you heart and soul in to the thing you love. Nope you make a mistake you created a storm of negative attention on the community. You shouldn't be aloud too what you spend years building anymor.

Well Moffattron9000 if that's the way you treat your friends. I don't think the community wants anything too do with you either.

And he thinks that for one half of the worlds population should have to be abused if they want to take part in it. Because EVO let him on they sent the message that this is how the FGC works, and when something makes the success of Chris Brown look good in comparison (at least he had to wait two years before coming back) all it does is prove the stereotypes and keep people like me away from something I would like take part in.

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By pepperzz

I hope that they do another fighting game tournament like before. Need some more duder hype!

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

I just hope whatever they do actually has them playing the multiplayer in it. PSO2 and the recent BF3 TNT have been kind of slow it seemed. I vote for another Cards Against Humanity one.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

Brad might run a Spelunky themed TNT, though I kind of wish Jeff would play more Trackmania. TRACKMANIA FOREVER

Ett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ett

@moffattron9000: You are comparing Aris to a know beater? They are the same to you? Your world view is that black and white? Grow up. People make mistake they learn from it.

It was up to EVO to put him on the mic. EVO is for and by community and they invite people to come watch and hopeful enjoy it. But if they don't like what they see to bad go watch something else.

But don't go treat a whole group of people as the WBC just because you read a article based on a youtube clip 6 months ago.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RTSlord

only if its another scrub league

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#48  Edited By D_W

Y'know what I would like to see? Giant Bomb crew getting James Chen and Ultradavid (or others) up to help introduce folks to competitive fighting games. It would be great if GB reached out more to the competitive scene more. Offering the EVO stream was a great start. It was wonderful to see how many people in the chat never played or watched competitive fighting games and still enjoyed it! Having a bit more of a casual introduction to the concepts and terminology would be great. 

As for scrub leagues. Yes. Though I mainly want a Uniracers scrub league, because FUCKING UNIRACERS IS AMAZING AHHHHHHHHHHH!

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By churrific

@D_W: I actually watched UltraChen Tv's video introduction to KoF before watching those evo finals. Since I've never played KoF before, it helped me tremendously in my enjoyment of the finals. Casual introduction to the concepts and terminology is the focus of most of their videos, along with some community stuff. Seems like pretty cool stuff.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MethodMan008

@moffattron9000 said:

@Ett said:

@moffattron9000:

And he thinks that for one half of the worlds population should have to be abused if they want to take part in it. Because EVO let him on they sent the message that this is how the FGC works, and when something makes the success of Chris Brown look good in comparison (at least he had to wait two years before coming back) all it does is prove the stereotypes and keep people like me away from something I would like take part in.

Chris Brown beat the shit out a woman. Aris said something dumb and apologized, something our very own Ryan Davis has done as well. Grow up.