Excitement: Games of 2010!

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Edited By Wildfire570

I remember a few years ago in 2007 when winter season came after the holiday season was jampacked with all of these games that I have acquired and my Christmas was full of gaming holiday joy. Then January struck which left new releases in a barren wasteland. In fact the only new game that I could think of that was of at least some significance was Lost Planet. Sad part was that I was still stuck with my PS2 so I literally had zero games to play during the freezing months until God of War II came around in March. With that said I'm excited that a ton of games are coming out in January. Even though that most games have retreated due to Modern Warfare 2 the holiday season still did really well and now we have all this awesome shit coming out in January! And even after January there are still games coming out in the latter months of 2010!

So here is a list of all the games I am excited for and are in no particular order of the level of excitement that I have for each game: 

Bayonetta

No Caption Provided
Ever since I played the demo, the more I played it, the more I got excited about the game. The things that I'm impressed with is the overall look of the game, it looks very fantastic. Also add the fact that it runs surprisingly smooth throughout my playthrough of the demo and not once did the framerate hitch on me. I also enjoy the combat to where you could get away with some button mashing but if you rely on it too much you will get hurt more than you think so you have to dodge and I felt rewarded thanks to the Witch Time if you dodge at the right time. As weird as this next sentence sounds, I found Bayonetta to look rather great without looking like Ivy from Soul Calibur IV...yikes. With all of this said now I really can't wait for it to come out on January 5th. 

*I also have the battle theme stuck in my head and its not going away! 

Final Fantasy XIII

No Caption Provided

I was gone for a few days on vacation but I luckily got the chance to watch the E3 Microsoft Conference when they announced it for the Xbox 360. I had a major nerdgasm that day and I really kept hoping to hear more about a release date only to be dashed away when Youichi Wada that it will be "simultaneously released in Europe and North America, at launch". I was like "Okay? SO when is the launch date?" and that was it. So I was pretty bitter after that and one day I watched the video with that one guy talking and the video revealed it was going to be released in March 9, 2010. I had my second nerdgasm and this time I needed clean up on aisle 5! Now that I read the 200th issue of Game Informer and got even more info about it. Although I'm still confused about the whole plot, but honestly I don't care that much anymore. Ever noticed that since the announcement I kept hearing negative things about this game from stupid people saying that "Oh the quality of the gamez iz gone to be craps cause teh grafix iz better on teh blue-ray!!!!111" Okay a bit of exaggeration but you all understand. Despite that I'm so glad that its coming to Xbox 360!

Random Question: What did you guys think of Final Fantasy 12 and is it worth playing? See I heard from critics thats its really good but my friends say that its god awful for some reason. So I'm kind of split about it. 

Dante's Inferno

No Caption Provided
I know, I know, people have already judged it as a God of War clone but is that really such a bad thing? The way that I see it is that the Xbox 360 could always use a game like Dante's Inferno. If you want my two cents on this whole God of War clone thing here it is; Fine by me. Why do you ask? Because since its going to be the exact layout of the controls, I can decided to amp up the difficulty and make it a much more challenging experience for me. What really matters to me is the over all design and aesthetics of the game. But what is my definition of a clone? Take this for example, you go to Blockbuster to rent Transformers (NOT THE SECOND ONE!) then as you look for it you find a movie called Transmorphers. That is a clone to me. 

Moving on, I'm really liking the way that the game looks. I'll have to admit that their imagining of Hell is so much more creative. At first I was thinking "Hell is nothing but fire and brimstone. How are they going to make it look different?!". After seeing a few circles of Hell, I was very impressed. I mean sure with all these different and grotesque enemies, the looks of the game, etc. this game is no doubt going to be a center of controversy and I'm pretty sure some Christian groups are going to call foul on this game especially after the whole E3 viral marketing they did when they acted like mock protesters. Personally as a man of Christian faith, I found this whole viral marketing stuff to be very clever and I find no reason for them to not keep going. Am I against it? No not really, the truth of the whole matter is this game was made as a video game as entertainment, its not promoting any kinds of satanism whatsoever. Whats the point of that rant I made? To tell you that not all Christians are as crazy as some people make them. All those crazy people you see on the news give us a bad name. 

To finish this off, I really hope to get my hands of this game soon and its interesting how its going to fare with all the other third-person action games that are coming out this year. 

Splinter Cell: Conviction

No Caption Provided
I played the first Splinter Cell and hated it. I know what it was trying go for and it never stuck with me at all and believe me I tried really hard in that game and never got that far at all. It made me mad when I made one little meager mistake and was forced to start over again. That game just made me more mad the more I played it. With that said I never played any of the series after that, however when I saw the presentation for Conviction I was very blown away. I loved how all objectives are in the environment which gives it that sense of style. The mark and execute mechanic looks very tight and all the gadgets you get and that you can use mark and execute with a cam that can explode really impressed me as well. This game looks like it will give you methods to escape if you get spotted especially with the Last Known Position idea as well. The game reminds of the Bourne movies in that you are a bad ass and you get to do all this cool tricks and awesome fighting techniques. Also the interrogation that Sam Fisher does looks entertaining and seeing him smash a dudes face in a sink made me cringe because I would hate to be that guy! The more hear about this game, the more I get excited about and it looks like the game that I always wanted in both an action and stealth game. 

Just Cause 2

No Caption Provided
Just Cause 2 (US) pre-release box art for Xbox 360.I had 100% zero interest in the first one because I thought it was going to be one of those games that was just a one-off game never to make any sequels. I really wished I could smack myself back then because after seeing first Just Cause 2 video, I was already on board with the sequel. I mean come on! You start off falling off high in the sky and he is just falling for what seemed forever then he launches his parachute and lands on the boat. Then he reaches an enemy base as the boat crashes into shore, then Rico jumps off and uses his parachute then grapples to safety and cooks some fools. Throughout the video I was cheering for how awesome this game was. It is insanity and I love it. Just seeing him do all this wicked stuff with grappling hook such as pulling an enemy and shooting him mid-air was amazing. I absolutely have very high hopes for this game because I never seen a game with so much momentum of action before! Missed the video that blew me away? Well here it is in case if you haven't seen it! 

Final Thoughts

I absolutely can't wait for next year and I know there are other notable games like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2, but those five games are what I'm excited for the most. So what games are you looking forward to this year? Any that I don't really know of? Share your thoughts by all means! 

Thanks for reading!
Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wildfire570

I remember a few years ago in 2007 when winter season came after the holiday season was jampacked with all of these games that I have acquired and my Christmas was full of gaming holiday joy. Then January struck which left new releases in a barren wasteland. In fact the only new game that I could think of that was of at least some significance was Lost Planet. Sad part was that I was still stuck with my PS2 so I literally had zero games to play during the freezing months until God of War II came around in March. With that said I'm excited that a ton of games are coming out in January. Even though that most games have retreated due to Modern Warfare 2 the holiday season still did really well and now we have all this awesome shit coming out in January! And even after January there are still games coming out in the latter months of 2010!

So here is a list of all the games I am excited for and are in no particular order of the level of excitement that I have for each game: 

Bayonetta

No Caption Provided
Ever since I played the demo, the more I played it, the more I got excited about the game. The things that I'm impressed with is the overall look of the game, it looks very fantastic. Also add the fact that it runs surprisingly smooth throughout my playthrough of the demo and not once did the framerate hitch on me. I also enjoy the combat to where you could get away with some button mashing but if you rely on it too much you will get hurt more than you think so you have to dodge and I felt rewarded thanks to the Witch Time if you dodge at the right time. As weird as this next sentence sounds, I found Bayonetta to look rather great without looking like Ivy from Soul Calibur IV...yikes. With all of this said now I really can't wait for it to come out on January 5th. 

*I also have the battle theme stuck in my head and its not going away! 

Final Fantasy XIII

No Caption Provided

I was gone for a few days on vacation but I luckily got the chance to watch the E3 Microsoft Conference when they announced it for the Xbox 360. I had a major nerdgasm that day and I really kept hoping to hear more about a release date only to be dashed away when Youichi Wada that it will be "simultaneously released in Europe and North America, at launch". I was like "Okay? SO when is the launch date?" and that was it. So I was pretty bitter after that and one day I watched the video with that one guy talking and the video revealed it was going to be released in March 9, 2010. I had my second nerdgasm and this time I needed clean up on aisle 5! Now that I read the 200th issue of Game Informer and got even more info about it. Although I'm still confused about the whole plot, but honestly I don't care that much anymore. Ever noticed that since the announcement I kept hearing negative things about this game from stupid people saying that "Oh the quality of the gamez iz gone to be craps cause teh grafix iz better on teh blue-ray!!!!111" Okay a bit of exaggeration but you all understand. Despite that I'm so glad that its coming to Xbox 360!

Random Question: What did you guys think of Final Fantasy 12 and is it worth playing? See I heard from critics thats its really good but my friends say that its god awful for some reason. So I'm kind of split about it. 

Dante's Inferno

No Caption Provided
I know, I know, people have already judged it as a God of War clone but is that really such a bad thing? The way that I see it is that the Xbox 360 could always use a game like Dante's Inferno. If you want my two cents on this whole God of War clone thing here it is; Fine by me. Why do you ask? Because since its going to be the exact layout of the controls, I can decided to amp up the difficulty and make it a much more challenging experience for me. What really matters to me is the over all design and aesthetics of the game. But what is my definition of a clone? Take this for example, you go to Blockbuster to rent Transformers (NOT THE SECOND ONE!) then as you look for it you find a movie called Transmorphers. That is a clone to me. 

Moving on, I'm really liking the way that the game looks. I'll have to admit that their imagining of Hell is so much more creative. At first I was thinking "Hell is nothing but fire and brimstone. How are they going to make it look different?!". After seeing a few circles of Hell, I was very impressed. I mean sure with all these different and grotesque enemies, the looks of the game, etc. this game is no doubt going to be a center of controversy and I'm pretty sure some Christian groups are going to call foul on this game especially after the whole E3 viral marketing they did when they acted like mock protesters. Personally as a man of Christian faith, I found this whole viral marketing stuff to be very clever and I find no reason for them to not keep going. Am I against it? No not really, the truth of the whole matter is this game was made as a video game as entertainment, its not promoting any kinds of satanism whatsoever. Whats the point of that rant I made? To tell you that not all Christians are as crazy as some people make them. All those crazy people you see on the news give us a bad name. 

To finish this off, I really hope to get my hands of this game soon and its interesting how its going to fare with all the other third-person action games that are coming out this year. 

Splinter Cell: Conviction

No Caption Provided
I played the first Splinter Cell and hated it. I know what it was trying go for and it never stuck with me at all and believe me I tried really hard in that game and never got that far at all. It made me mad when I made one little meager mistake and was forced to start over again. That game just made me more mad the more I played it. With that said I never played any of the series after that, however when I saw the presentation for Conviction I was very blown away. I loved how all objectives are in the environment which gives it that sense of style. The mark and execute mechanic looks very tight and all the gadgets you get and that you can use mark and execute with a cam that can explode really impressed me as well. This game looks like it will give you methods to escape if you get spotted especially with the Last Known Position idea as well. The game reminds of the Bourne movies in that you are a bad ass and you get to do all this cool tricks and awesome fighting techniques. Also the interrogation that Sam Fisher does looks entertaining and seeing him smash a dudes face in a sink made me cringe because I would hate to be that guy! The more hear about this game, the more I get excited about and it looks like the game that I always wanted in both an action and stealth game. 

Just Cause 2

No Caption Provided
Just Cause 2 (US) pre-release box art for Xbox 360.I had 100% zero interest in the first one because I thought it was going to be one of those games that was just a one-off game never to make any sequels. I really wished I could smack myself back then because after seeing first Just Cause 2 video, I was already on board with the sequel. I mean come on! You start off falling off high in the sky and he is just falling for what seemed forever then he launches his parachute and lands on the boat. Then he reaches an enemy base as the boat crashes into shore, then Rico jumps off and uses his parachute then grapples to safety and cooks some fools. Throughout the video I was cheering for how awesome this game was. It is insanity and I love it. Just seeing him do all this wicked stuff with grappling hook such as pulling an enemy and shooting him mid-air was amazing. I absolutely have very high hopes for this game because I never seen a game with so much momentum of action before! Missed the video that blew me away? Well here it is in case if you haven't seen it! 

Final Thoughts

I absolutely can't wait for next year and I know there are other notable games like Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2, but those five games are what I'm excited for the most. So what games are you looking forward to this year? Any that I don't really know of? Share your thoughts by all means! 

Thanks for reading!
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By Icemael

If you swap Final Fantasy XIII and Just Cause 2 for Mass Effect 2 and Dead Space 2, you've got my most anticipated 2010 games.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By thecleric

No Darksiders? For shame 

but yeah, Dante's Inferno and Bayonetta also look really good. Hopefully Lord of Shadow, Nier, and Splatterhouse are good, then it'll be a good year for Action-Adventures.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Meowayne
@Wildfire570 said:
There is no explanation for XII's good scores other than the hype machine. The gaming world is united in their disapproval of Final Fantasy XII. It's god-awful indeed.
GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

seen Transmorphers... its way more like Terminator in the future than either Transformers movie... clone in name only.... 

(is also terrible)
Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Wildfire570
@thecleric said:
" No Darksiders? For shame  but yeah, Dante's Inferno and Bayonetta also look really good. Hopefully Lord of Shadow, Nier, and Splatterhouse are good, then it'll be a good year for Action-Adventures. "
For some reason Darksiders never grabbed me. I've watched the trailers and for some reason it didn't wow me that much.
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Binman88

I share your excitement for Splinter Cell Conviction.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed the series up until Chaos Theory, I couldn't get into Double Agent at all, and was glad to see Conviction do something a bit different to the formula, and to do it so (seemingly) elegant.

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Synthballs

Just Cause 2 is up there for me. I started playing the first one the other day and it felt flawed .The second however looks like it may not fuck things up as bad, well, that is what I hope. It's possible. I mean. Look at Assassins Creed II in comparison to the original!

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By CountRockula
@Wildfire570 said:

Final Fantasy XII is absolutely worth playing, and anyone who would tell you otherwise is not your friend.
ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

im super excited for splinter cell and im glad they took hobo sam out back and killed him 

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Death_Unicorn

All I need is Mass Effect 2.
I'm going into a wistful delirium just out of anticipation.