Features you'd like to see in the site redesign.

• 173 results
eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

#151  Edited By eccentrix

Space bar for pausing and the chat room being left open forever is all I want. I don't like comments being threaded, it feels too segregated.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By stonyman65

Mainly a better video player, and a better way of finding archived podcasts.

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By Tally_Pants

@LordAndrew said:

@Hailinel said:

@LordAndrew said:

@Tally_Pants said:

ANDROID app for the site!!!! If they had an app for my phone... I would most definitely become a premium member. I simply do not use the internet on a "regular" computer enough to bother, once I leave work, I exclusively access the internet from my phone. It works, but it's just kinda annoying.

There's an unofficial app on the Play Store. Also, subscribers get access to the official mobile site. Add a shortcut to your home screen if you want to launch it like an app.

The mobile site is pretty awful, really. Posting to the forums with it is a pain, and there's no way to edit or flag posts from it.

Yeah. It is rather disappointing for a subscriber-only feature. If the API allowed it, I'd love to try my hand at a creating a better mobile interface for the forums.

So add the thing I just said to the list of desired redesign features as well. The API needs to expose more stuff and add support for making changes.

Alright, so this isn't exactly a swaying argument for the premium only mobile site... I'll keep my credit card in my wallet for now. But I would seriously consider becoming a premium member with a good Android App. I have used the unofficial app, and I'm really thankful for whoever went through the trouble of making it, i have used it many times, but I still would like full site functionality. One can dream!

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By Ramone

The ability to search for lists

Some way of looking at a specific group of games and then ranking them by staff or community scores

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#156  Edited By LordAndrew

@Tally_Pants: They've said they don't want to create and maintain any more mobile apps. That's why the official iOS app was abandoned and the subscription-based mobile site was created.

And third-party apps are limited by what the site's API allows. So fan-made apps won't have things like forum access. Scraping is possible, but not a mobile-friendly solution. And scraping shouldn't ever be necessary when a public API already exists.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#157  Edited By Dagbiker

More statictics on achivements

Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By Tally_Pants

@LordAndrew: Ah! I wasn't aware that they were staying away from mobile apps completely. Well that is unfortunate.

xxxlynchxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By xxxlynchxxx

I would love to see user ratings for games. Perhaps accessible from you 'achievement' page, proving that you have at the very least played them. Use the same scale as GiantBomb proper and include an user average rating. Oh, and don't tie it to a studios bonuses... that would be dumb.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#160  Edited By Video_Game_King

@xXxLYNCHxXx said:

I would love to see user ratings for games.

They already have it. It's just that nobody knows about it because it's tucked away in the reviews tab.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I would love an advanced search/advanced browsing feature. Drilling down into all the games that were released in 1988 on the NES attached to the ninja concept page would be fantastic.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#162  Edited By ShadowVirus

User made TNT and other promo banners to go back to the horizontal style of images and stay on the site before and during live events.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't imagine someone hasn't already brought this up over the course of this threads already standing 162 posts, but I would really appreciate it if there was some way to search my inbox. Just today, I had a sudden urge to read a funny PM I had received some year and half ago, only to find that in order to so, I would have to hit control f over the course of some 120 pages, which is ridiculous. The site should accommodate my capriciousness, not avert it.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Video_Game_King

@chrismafuchris:

I know this won't solve the issue, but for instances like that, I usually star the PMs for future use.

Jaeya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#165  Edited By Jaeya

Maybe alternate site skins? Particularly if they involve the possibility of changing the general font of the website. I'm not too fond of Arial. (And yes, that is super picky of me.)

KlUMZeE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#166  Edited By KlUMZeE

I'd like to see better categorization of the videos. Being able to filter by "Load Our Last Save"s, "Random PC Game"s, etc. would be really nice.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#167  Edited By Slag

Mainly I'd just the framework to get established and launched, so the guys can get back to focusing on creating new content

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@KlUMZeE said:

I'd like to see better categorization of the videos. Being able to filter by "Load Our Last Save"s, "Random PC Game"s, etc. would be really nice.

Yeah being able to breakdown the subscriber category into more categories is something that needs to be done.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#169  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Kind of a joke (but not really), the ability to ignore people who constantly bitch and moan about how Giant Bomb 'isn't what it used to be'.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Video_Game_King

@PrivateIronTFU:

Ideally, these posts would be changed into this. Just this.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#171  Edited By Kazona
@mscupcakes

I'd like the ability to favourite individual threads as apposed to favouriting a whole forum section.

Or at least the ability to follow threads. I don't post much, but I do like to keep watch on some threads.
Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#172  Edited By Zripwud

I'd really like a button on the videos to mark the ones I haven't seen yet. So I can see them all listed and have them organized. That's all. Thank you.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Video_Game_King

Since this was bumped, I'll just request more convenient image uploading. For example, instead of selecting each image manually, I can select a huge swath of them at once (like when you're uploading them directly to the site from your computer).

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Slag

@Video_Game_King said:

Since this was bumped, I'll just request more convenient image uploading. For example, instead of selecting each image manually, I can select a huge swath of them at once (like when you're uploading them directly to the site from your computer).

I'm pretty sure you can already do this. I'm 90% that I've done so when I've uploaded some screenshots for a review I did.

When you go to select images on your desktop. SHIFT click the images you want, they all should port.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Slag said:

When you go to select images on your desktop. SHIFT click the images you want, they all should port.

No, I mean when you're taking images from your gallery and putting them into the wiki.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Slag

@Video_Game_King:

oh my bad I misread what you wrote.

In that case I support your idea!