Games this gen that you want remastered for next gen?

• 59 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm already thinking about it. I was playing a few games from a few years back, like ODST, and GTA 4 to name a few, and I was thinking that it'd be great if they put those games, and more, out in 60 frames. Other things would be secondary to me I guess. I was just thinking how great it'd be to play all the fine games that weren't originally 60 frames, on a system that can make it be that way. How about you?

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shaunk

Well I hated ODST so I hope they don't do that. Anything from early on that would really have an advantage to being on the new gen. Even then I don't care that much about any game currently.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sooty

Deadly Premonition, that game wasn't even mastered for this gen.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Not a single one. I don't see the point of all the re-releases we are getting. At least not on disk, making them download only would suffice.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shaunk

That Deadly Premonition recommendation is great.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jozzy

Souls Collection, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls available on the next xbox with silky smooth framerates and improved visuals.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Honestly, just play the PC port of the game. Next gen will probably only be 1920x1080 with minor 4K and 8K support.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

@MasturbatingestBear: ODST and GTA4 were more of an example since they're what I played recently, rather than what I would choose as my top games to be remastered.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sambambo

The only games I can think of that I want redone are games such as Fifa and Mortal Kombat, which are likely to appear on next consoles anyway.

I am sure that whatever is released in 10 years I will lap up however.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By alistercat

I'm an internet forum user, and I like to say the word gen.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

@AlisterCat: Only when it comes to consoles. I don't know what the problem is.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#12  Edited By alistercat

@NTM said:

@AlisterCat: Only when it comes to consoles. I don't know what the problem is.

I just hate seeing and especially hearing the word gen as opposed to generation. I wouldn't pay too much attention to me, really. Carry on.

DEMONOLOGY_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By DEMONOLOGY_24

the original mass effect so that it doesn't play like garbage

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Contrarian

Anything on the Wii.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By AlexW00d

I already played GTA4 in 60FPS. And you could have too.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eugenesaxe

NONE. New systems need NEW GAMES. That's kinda the whole point.

Avatar image for mylittlesisterskeeper
Mylittlesisterskeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really looking for any games this generation to be re-made, but if I had to choose it would be Bioshock but really I see no reason for it.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BrockNRolla

The thing to get excited about in the next generation is 60 frames? That sounds boring.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nottle

@eugenesaxe: @rebgav: But with that kind of thinking movies old would still be printed on VHS, never to be remastered or improved upon. There have been plenty of older games that I never played but had the chance to since they had some remake or remastering that came out.

That being said I have none in mind that I'd like to see improved upon right now. The games that I like I usually have no problems with graphically or control wise. Maybe some open world games could have better load times and draw distances.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By cstrang

At this time, I don't see the need to remaster any games that have been released this generation.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#21  Edited By Dimsey

Not a fan of re-purchasing things I probably already own just because they've been made to look a bit nicer.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordukai

None.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Deranged

@eugenesaxe said:

NONE. New systems need NEW GAMES. That's kinda the whole point.

Basically this. They only remaster games for money.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NTM

@BrockNRolla: That's not what I was saying. Just that if a game were to be remastered, it'd be nice if it were 60 frames. Games being remastered have little to do with my excitement for the next generation of consoles. I'm also shocked that people are being so negative towards the idea of games being remastered; a great experience is a great experience when it comes to any media, and if it's remastered, it's even better for it. Time can't change that, unless an individual’s opinion changes dramatically over the time it takes to put out the new version. I think people's opinion will change in the years it actually happens, if it happens. My thread also wasn't to say I'm waiting for new consoles to play old games, 'cause that'd be ridiculous. Also, as fine as it is to play on PC, not everyone (including me now), can play games on a high end PC with great looking graphics and a steady frame-rate. Then there's the fact that some PC's just don't have the console exclusives, and also some don't want to spend money on PC equipment.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Justin258

None. They need to make them both backwards compatible and available digitally. All of them. With all DLC included. For no more than $15 (or whatever your currency's equivalent of that is) a piece.

We won't get that, unfortunately.

EDIT: Improvements to how they run, however, would be nice. I am not paying again just to see a game in a better frame rate. As far as I know, the only games worth playing that also have framerate issues are available on PC, where you can eradicate most issues with framerate. GTA 4, Quake 4, and Crysis 2 come to mind here.

EDIT 2: Forgot about Wii games. Yes, those could use the ability to play in HD. Is the Wii U going to be able to do this? Not in a new copy of the game, mind you, but with the original disc in HD.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BrockNRolla

@NTM said:

@BrockNRolla: That's not what I was saying. Just that if a game were to be remastered, it'd be nice if it were 60 frames. Games being remastered have little to do with my excitement for the next generation of consoles. I'm also shocked that people are being so negative towards the idea of games being remastered; a great experience is a great experience when it comes to any media, and if it's remastered, it's even better for it. Time can't change that, unless an individual’s opinion changes dramatically over the time it takes to put out the new version. I think people's opinion will change in the years it actually happens, if it happens. My thread also wasn't to say I'm waiting for new consoles to play old games, 'cause that'd be ridiculous. Also, as fine as it is to play on PC, not everyone (including me now), can play games on a high end PC with great looking graphics and a steady frame-rate. Then there's the fact that some PC's just don't have the console exclusives, and also some don't want to spend money on PC equipment.

I think it's just a matter of being unable to really imagine what the point of a remaster would be without knowing what the next generation looks like. We can look back at the previous generation and see the value of remastered games because of the huge leap in visual fidelity. Right now though, it's hard to know what the big jump will be, and therefore, difficult to know what a remaster might bring you. All I meant was 60fps wouldn't be a reason for me to want a remastered edition of my favorite games this generation. Would more polygons make a difference? Better shaders? I'm not sure, but if the next generation brings some fantastic new visual effects to games, I'm sure people will look forward to remastered games.

GiantBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GiantBomber

Crysis

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NTM

Why are people using my words as the crux of their opinions? I just mean for me, it'd be nice to see a steady frame-rate of 60 frames, rather than 30 for the usual. I wasn't saying "How would you like it if games now, came out later to only be put in 60 frames?" I was asking what games you would like to come out, and if so, what would you like to see happen to improve them? Though it'd have to be realistic. I was asking for you to imagine.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By subject2change

Fatal Frame 1-3 on this gen. Thanks.

eugenesaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By eugenesaxe

@Nottle: So you're good paying 50-60 bucks for an old game w/ updated graphics. You be happy with that, I'm not.

Video game makers don't want players buying used games, but it's OK for them to recycle old games for full price? Hypocrisy much?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By Wemibelle

One generation isn't enough time to need to bring something back. Give it at least two.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheHT

All of the Uncharted games never not running at 60FPS

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By spankingaddict

Mainly just awesome Wii games ...

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By joshthebear

No. Just play them now and actually have new games/ideas on the next hardware. Like others have said, just play the PC versions if you want 60 fps and higher res graphics.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nottle

@rebgav said:

@Nottle said:

@eugenesaxe: @rebgav: But with that kind of thinking movies old would still be printed on VHS, never to be remastered or improved upon. There have been plenty of older games that I never played but had the chance to since they had some remake or remastering that came out.

Nothing's stopping anyone from reissuing old games as downloadables. A remaster or remake is not necessarily the same experience (See: Star Wars movies) but if people are willing to pay more money for old rope then there's really no reason for publishers to take chances on new ideas. If I buy a new console it'll be to play new games, not uprezzed leftovers from generations past.

Absolutely, not every game needs people working on it to just put it out again but slightly better. As long as there is still a way to play something a bit older without having to find it online or own an older console I'm fine with that.

But I also think that there is room for remakes and remastering. A lot of people believe that Resident Evil Remake is the best example of actual horror in that series. It did some creative a new things while staying faithful to the original. That PSP game Tactics Ogre, from what I hear is a pretty good game and a great remake of a ps1 game which was a remake of a Famicom game. I would have never played one of my favorite games of all time, Final Fantasy 6, if it wasn't for the remake on the GBA. Peacewalker which was only a few years old was redone on the HD collection, and it is better for it, it had a lot of control issues solved, same thing with MGS3 and MGS3 Subsistence, it made that game way better with the updated camera controls.

I'm not talking about some re-editing like in star wars where they kind of make the films worse or just making everything 1080p. A lot of really good remakes either fix gameplay/ control issues or they have some extra bit of fan service like the DS Chrono Trigger or the Persona 3 remakes with their extra dungeons and and new stories.

And I don't think remakes have any effect on risk taking, I think that has more to do with the fact that millions of dollars are on the line. If the rerelease for Beyond good and Evil did amazing, we'd probably have Beyond Good and Evil 2 by now, but it didn't, so why spend the money on an IP that didn't sell well in the past? That is just bad business.

overjoyedpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By overjoyedpants

condemned, fallout 3, banjo-kazooie nuts and bolts, mgs4

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By sawtooth

I want a Double Fine collection.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By benpicko

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

Honestly, just play the PC port of the game. Next gen will probably only be 1920x1080 with minor 4K and 8K support.

Yeah just like how this generation's games just look like PC games in 2004.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Nottle

@eugenesaxe said:

@Nottle: So you're good paying 50-60 bucks for an old game w/ updated graphics. You be happy with that, I'm not.

Video game makers don't want players buying used games, but it's OK for them to recycle old games for full price? Hypocrisy much?

When was the last time a HD uprez of a single game was priced $60? I may be wrong but.... NEVER. They are usually in trilogies priced at $40-50. That is not a bad deal. For 2 or 3 classic games, improved in HD with new features, that is worth it, especially if I've never played the games before. On Psn, the HD remastering of Jak and Daxter is $14 each. $14 for a charming 10-20 hour adventure, I don't find that offensive at all

What kind of stores are you shopping at where remakes are full price?

That isn't hypocrisy. They want to make money from the things they created, They are trying to give people an incentive to buy it, so they try to make it a better game and they try to make it easier to get a hold of. Take for instance God Hand, it is a pretty rare game, I could spend $17 on amazon for a used copy, or $9 on Psn. Considering how poor that game sold, as the cult following it has why not try to get a few bucks from a fan or someone that has never played it?

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

Not a single one. I don't see the point of all the re-releases we are getting. At least not on disk, making them download only would suffice.

I can understand Sony's push for it, their games often either looked or ran like shit. I go back and play old ass games a lot, so I don't see what's wrong with giving people like me an option to play a prettier version. I was realllllly bummed that Halo Anniversary wasn't on PC because I play the first Halo on PC every once in a while because I just love it so damned much.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Zleunamme

It's too soon to ask for games that have come out recently to remastered on new systems at a future time. Wait five to tens years for that to happen. I happy with the quality of games that are coming out right now. A lot of things can change over time. People's priorities in life change. People's preferences in the things they like change. There is this trend of people wanting instant nostalgia. It good to look ahead but lets see what the future can offer before wanting to revisit the past.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42  Edited By xpgamer7

A lot of people want new games. But what they're not getting is this is just taking the old code and fitting it to work with new tech. Really it's not much work compared to the rest of work a game dev does, and because it's old code lesser companies can do the work and have no impact on games.

Also games will probably be at even higher resolutions, probably have better online and more new non traditional stuff (local/online multiplayer on wii U controllers?)

So games I'd like to see would be:

Fallout bethesda collection

Assassin's creed collection

Call of Duty MW collection

Uncharted collection

Dead Rising collection

Gears of War Collection

Mass Effect Collection

Resistance collection

Killzone Collection

Yakuza Collection

Way of the Samurai collection

Infamous collection(you know 3's coming after all the stuff that could be improved in 2)

Skate Collection

Bioshock "Classic" Collection

Patapon Collection

Left 4 Dead/Borderlands collections?(if 3 ever comes out)

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#43  Edited By StarvingGamer

I wouldn't mind buying Bayonetta again.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

Honestly, these arent this gen remakes, but I would love to see a Spyro and/or crash bandicoot series/collection remake

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By M_Shini

I wouldn't want any games this gen i would want to see remade in HD, the value of a simple slight up rez and frame rate just doesn't appeal to me, unless they are going to do some serious work and actually provide good enjoyable content that makes it worth playing through. Even still i cant think of many games i'd like to see redone in different engines with added content, maybe valkyria Chronicles on the PS3 would be a good one to do.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By TepidShark
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#47  Edited By TobyD81

I would seriously like another Viva Pinata game.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#48  Edited By TobbRobb

I would buy Dark Souls again, if they fixed the framerate. Otherwise, not really I guess. If I end up buying the next Sony console I might be interested in remasters of Valkyria Chronicles, MGS4 etc. Since I haven't played them. Though hopefully that will be backwards compatible, and in that case I want nothing.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BrockNRolla: Would just like to say, good user name. 
killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By killacam

Condemned: Criminal Origins