fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 75

#101 fisk0  Moderator

@alexw00d said:

I know of only a single other person who has even heard of You Are Empty, so I guess that counts. Also the Stalin Subway, I don't think that's gonna be well played amongst GB readers.

Oh, I own a copy of You Are Empty, but it was too buggy on my machine to ever get past the first level.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I can't have been the only one to play Konami Krazy Racers. YOU CAN RACE AS GRAY FOX IN A BOOTLEG HAUNTED HOUSE LEVEL WITH A REMIXED METAL GEAR SOLID THEME. Needless to say, I played a fucking TON of this game. Other characters include Dracula from Castlevania and Goemon from Mystical Ninja Goemon.

Loading Video...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#103  Edited By alistercat

I'm really opposed to the phrasing of the topic. Even though I don't know someone who played it, nobody should ever think they're the only one.

For me it would be Zoombinis.

No Caption Provided

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zelyre said:

@brianp: I remember that Terminator game. I really wanted it because it was from Bethesda and was running on, I believe, the Daggerfall engine.

No Caption Provided

Had it not been for this game, I would have deeply regretted owning a launch PS2 for the first two years.

Thank you so much for posting this.

I have never wanted a sequel so badly. This is the only game I've ever downloaded an emulator for. 10/10 game for me.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Auto Destruct on PS1, where you have a missile launching car and fight some cult Illuminati.

And Cloudberry Kingdom! Neat procedurally generated platformer on PSN.

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#106  Edited By HHAP
No Caption Provided

This. I thought this would be the next big TCG. It was a decent game, but didn't follow the anime, which was why I bought it initially.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#107  Edited By monkeyking1969
No Caption Provided

Heroes of the Pacific (PS2)

No Caption Provided

Carnage Heart (PS)

That is all I can think of now, I probably played something else weird....but I cannot recall.

Played the original Dead or Alive on PS...does that count? My mom thought that game as HILARIOUS! For a PS game that early the fact that it wasn't jaggy or very polygonal was pretty nice.

Loading Video...
RWBladewing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thomasnash: I was looking for TechnoMage for a long time because I can't exactly remember the name of that game since I played it a very young age. Thanks man!

And as for my entry well, I don't think anyone played Space Rangers 2: Rise of the Dominators which is a totally fantastic game.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By Sin4profit
No Caption Provided

I'm going to say ZPC. There wasn't much reason to play it unless you were a fan of Aidan Hughes' artwork.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By FateOfNever

Oh, also, a game I'd like Patrick to check out some time for Spookin' - Kuon. Though it would be difficult as it's only on the PS2, but, yeah.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#112  Edited By killroycantkill
No Caption Provided

God Hand: The way this game sold I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people to play and or beat this game.

Evermoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mocbucket62: Custom robo was the shit! I loved that game. Peregrine+Drill+Formula? Good times.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killroycantkill: I've never played a disc copy but I've beaten the PS2 classics version on PS3 multiple times.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Ford_Dent

@evermoore: I have surprisingly lucid memories of playing Monster Truck Madness 2.

@adequatelyprepared: Killer 7 might be--no, definitely is--my favorite game, period. I loathed that PS2 port, though--the controls on the original Gamecube version felt a million times better to me (it helps that the game was part of the infamous Capcom 7, and was supposed to be a platform exclusive, so the controls were designed with the layout of the Gamecube controller in mind). Plus, that soundtrack! That absolutely bug-fuck insane plot! I need to play this again soon, it has been way too long since I rocked some fucking Killer 7. When the Wii came out I used to pray nightly that Nintendo would spring for a port, to make the shooting parts a little better (although I got real good at aiming). I need to get a replacement Gamecube memory card so I can play this again.

...I have just bought a Gamecube memory card so I can play this again. I paid extra so it will arrive at my house tomorrow, because I really want to play Killer 7. God damn it.

No Caption Provided

I got a copy of Novastorm because the guy across the street from me had a box full of Psygnosis PC games in his basement, and out of all of them Novastorm looked the most interesting. The whole game is some kind of bizarre FMV shooter on rails, and as I recall was a right bastard to beat. It was, however, one of the few games I could play with my computer's joystick (which was a piece of shit).

No Caption Provided

This is one of the best goddamn games, with what is absolutely one of the greatest soundtracks of all time. Holy shit I love this game. I have, regrettably, lost my copy of it, or I would hack together a way to get it working right now. Conversations with big muppety aliens and delightfully shoddy CGI. THIS FUCKING GAME! If I could get my hands on the soundtrack I would probably never stop listening to it.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagas said:
No Caption Provided

It is a kind of Real Life Simulation a decade before The Sims.

This was pretty popular back in the day. Everyone I knew had a *cough* copy of it.

comprox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By comprox
No Caption Provided

Polyfighter!

It was a HL1 mod that was in development around 2002. It was selected to be shown at the HL Mod Expo. I was fortunate enough to be one of the early testers (maybe 15 of us?). You can see some more shots here. Sadly soon after the expo, the coder decided to re-write all the code to make HL handle flying in a nicer fashion. The project slowly faded away after this and no release has ever seen the light of day.

Nicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling: OMG I love One Must Fall. I played it on my brother's computer all the time. Unfortunately I think he only had the demo.

The game that's coming to my mind is Raptor: Call of the Shadows. I think this was a pretty popular game, but I feel like no one talks about it.

I can't really remember too much about Raptor, I think I might have had the shareware version. One Must Fall was great being able to unlock new robots as you won matches. A lot of these older PC games bring back memories, haven't seen Airborne Ranger, Ghostbusters or Street Rod mentioned yet.

Considering the majority of people on these forums are from the US (I assume) there's a bunch of ZX spectrum games I played I doubt people are familiar with, King's Keep, Thrust, Pssst.

One I'm sure no one has heard of is a game I can barely remember on an ancient IBM, it was called Timelord to the best of my memory & I played it on a monochrome monitor.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#122 fisk0  Moderator

No Caption Provided

This is one of the best goddamn games, with what is absolutely one of the greatest soundtracks of all time. Holy shit I love this game. I have, regrettably, lost my copy of it, or I would hack together a way to get it working right now. Conversations with big muppety aliens and delightfully shoddy CGI. THIS FUCKING GAME! If I could get my hands on the soundtrack I would probably never stop listening to it.

Oh yes! I fucking love this game. Stephane Picq's music is goddamn amazing, almost better than his Dune stuff, as are all the miniature puppet animations and all that shit. Cryo made some amazing games back in the day.

Here's the intro music for reference, for people who may not have heard this masterpiece:

Loading Video...

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By matatat

Mixed-Up Mother Goose the VGA adaption I guess.

Also Swagman.

Also I want to find Lode Runner: The Legend Returns. I spent hours playing that game and making levels.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#124  Edited By Haruko
No Caption Provided

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d said:

I know of only a single other person who has even heard of You Are Empty, so I guess that counts. Also the Stalin Subway, I don't think that's gonna be well played amongst GB readers.

I actually own You Are Empty. I don't remember how I found, I remember seeing a short clip of it on Youtube and I ordered it immediately. What a pleasant surprise; it wasn't a good game, but holy shit, giant mutated chickens, there is no lighting at all so all the shadows you see are actually painted on by the texture artists, theres one 'cutscene' where this guy is talking to you (whose voice doesn't match his model at all) his eyes start spinning out of control and his voice goes out of sync and in general goes crazy while talking complete nonsense that it seems the voice actor was making up as he said it.

Loading Video...

This game was so hilarious.

Avatar image for everydayodyssey
EverydayOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#126  Edited By EverydayOdyssey
No Caption Provided

Pepsi Man - PS1 (import)

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@evermoore: I played Monster Truck Madness 2 when it was bundled with Midtown Madness and Motocross Madness. Motocross Madness was definitely the best of the three. Considering those are Microsoft IP it'm surprised we haven't seen anything from them since Microsoft got into consoles, with the exception of Midtown Madness 3 on Xbox.

@ford_dent: @adequatelyprepared I've always found it strange that nobody mentions Killer 7 when talking about Shinji Mikami's and Suda 51's catalog of work. Or that nobody mentions Suda 51 or Shinji Mikami when talking about Killer 7.

I feel like I'm the only one who has played Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Loco Roco 2, Winter Stars, Jeanne d'Arc, 10x8, and Where is My Heart?. Those are all great games that nobody talks about. Yes, even that Deep Silver Winter Olympics wannabee is pretty good for what it is. It's better than any Olympic game is, but skiing down a mountain with a parachute isn't an Olympic sport so Olympic games are at a disadvantage there.

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Wampa1

@haruko: Man Roadkill is really overlooked, I loved it's 1980's hair metal version of the apocalypse. All the radio stations played was custom recorded heavy metal that was the right kind of tongue in cheek.

I'd probably go for a fairly recent example with The Dark Eye: Demonicon picked it up for £3 and actually had a great time with it, it touches on some pretty mature stuff (similarly to the way The Witcher does) in a fantasy setting.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#129  Edited By Mortuss_Zero

@menseguez: Thank you, I feel a little bit less alone in the world.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#130  Edited By KaneRobot
No Caption Provided

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By audiosnow

@evermoore: I've played a little Fate, but MTM2 was my JAM!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ninjalegend
No Caption Provided

@mortuss_zero: I have played both of those games. Gladius was pretty good and Urban Reign was fun as well. The weird game I played that I don't think a lot of others did is Deathrow. It's a weird sports hybrid that combines football, hockey, and (fighting?). So weird but fun 2 player local co-op.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and Tim Turi...

No Caption Provided

A high class legendary Scottish review of Overblood.

Loading Video...
Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#134  Edited By Mortuss_Zero

@ninjalegend: I love hearing that other people played those games, I can't say I've played yours though.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TechiesRobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#136  Edited By TechiesRobo

@finaldasa: I loved jetpack it was one of the first games i ever played.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#137  Edited By SMTDante89

The one that immediately comes to mind is an N64 game called Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth Found it in a bargain bin at a Toys R Us when I was a kid and bought it. Played some local co-op with friends, and was an alright game. Nobody else that I know has ever heard of the game.

Edit: Also I put in an unholy amount of time into Gotcha Force on the GameCube. I loved that game so much.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy: @ford_dent

As far as I'm concerned, Killer7 is still the best thing Suda51 has ever had his name behind, and even though some of the new stuff is okay, it's a bit disheartening that everything is either a 3rd Person Shooter, or a 3rd Person Action game. Everything clicks in the game that I have yet to really see elsewhere. The gameplay, even though it at first seems bananas, eventually becomes easy to understand. The insane story at first seems incredibly loose and disjointed, but it doesn't take long to realise that there is a method to the madness in how the game chooses to present it. The soundtrack and graphical presentation fit the game perfectly, with my personal favourite effect being the explosion of blood upon character change or critical shot. My favourite level theme is "Tecks Mecks", easy. It's the type of game where a guy says "This is too easy" every time he one-shots an enemy, and you can't help but love it. I just want a HD port, it's a real shame that people forget this game exists, especially considering the popularity of Suda51 today. I can see an audience for a rerelease, especially since new copies of it can be difficult to find. Anyway, sorry for that rant, it's just so damn good.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Got this game used at Gamestop after Gamespot reviewed it so highly. I was terrible at it, but still found it really fun. Also, after a few levels the game would crash due to a scratch on the disc. I was able to get a full refund.

peakborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By peakborn

Rollcage, Stuntman: Ignition, Recettear, Zoo Keeper, Armed and Dangerous, Quidditch World Cup, Zoombinis. I have fond memories of all these games and still own copies of the latter four, QWC remains the only sports game I've ever gotten into.

Aside from the recently podcast mentioned Buck Bumble. Most of mine come from odd Mac shareware (and some of the names have faded from my memory):

Giza - a first person maze puzzle game where you descended into a pyramid collecting crystals.

Postie (?) - a top down shooter like space invaders but you where a postman throwing letters and pedestrians and increasingly difficult law enforcement up to the army with tanks, with children's TV Postman Pat theme included.

Foobar Versus the DEA - a top down scrolling shooter where you played a Foobar (who I think is a nondescript superhero) who needs to free his boyfriend (and from looking it up) from a DEA mind control camp, by blowing up a computer that spies on all Americans called NOSEY, progressive.

Twisted! - A point a click adventure where you got transported to Oz, with most of it's iconic characters and a logic I could never understand.

BOOM - Bomberman with DOOM styled sprites, up to 4 players with a co-operative main mode and competitive arena modes. It was awesome and I played this far too much.

I'm fairly sure the postman one is bootleg and shady so it's lost to the ages (edited because I found out what Twisted! was exactly).

rkofan87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By rkofan87

@andorski said:

According to a forum post, this game was played by GB at one point. I don't remember that video though, and I'm sure there haven't been many others who have played this game: MegaRace.

It's basically a prequel to Wipeout (hence the wheels).
It's basically a prequel to Wipeout (hence the wheels).
This dude was an asshole.
This dude was an asshole.

this game kicks ass!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@somedelicook: I really wish I was Russian so I could have played it in its original language, cause yeah, the English va is so horrendous, but at the same time kinda adds to the experience.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#143  Edited By SubwayD

I once made an adventure game in RPG Maker. That's something that I'm 100% certain nobody but myself played.

I couldn't be bothered putting combat into it, so instead it was about exploring the world and talking with various characters and solving their problems. It was dumb as hell and little more than an excuse to put as many early 00's pop culture references and in-jokes into a game as possible. Got about half way done before losing it in a hard drive failure, sadly.

Hmm! A meme filled pixel art non-game? Quite ahead of it's time, now that I think back.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#144  Edited By Lelcar
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
i played a loty
i played a loty
No Caption Provided

i played a lot of weird games for the playstation specifically

nevalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By nevalis
No Caption Provided

Dragon Power

I played this game long before I knew what Dragon Ball was or even what anime was. It made no sense and was hard as hell. Decades later I played through it again and, having read the manga, finally understood what was going on, which didn't help much. The game is still hard, and that music can never be unheard...

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By brutushayesosu
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball Some of you may have played this, but whenever I bring it up with others they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Each player had their own traits and each field had their own rules. Example: The school had a home run line. Over the line on the fly is a homer, but if you break a window on the school it was an out. Balls could also be caught pass the line for an out.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By T_wester
No Caption Provided

Seek and destroy

Its a acradey action game were you play as a tank, not a person in a tank a literal goddamn tank, in fact all the characters are tanks. the story is generic there are there nations the evil one the Q-Stein Empire, attacks your nation the Proton Kingdom and you have to fight back the invasion and ultimately defeat the The Q-Stein Emperor. While the story is bonkers mostly to the characters being tanks, is the gameplay quite good. think wold of tanks for the ps2 but with missile launchers lasers and other fun stuff. As you progress though the story you unlock upgraded tanks and parts; threads chassis turrets and secondary weapons. there is even some branching during the main campaign, between missions you drive around a overworld and decide which mission to do next or if you will fight in the area for money so you can buy the next upgrade.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By ZolRoyce

@fattony12000: I love the Endurance Runs Super Replays of those games. You have me beat on Overblood 2 but I played the shit out of 1 when I was a kid, I got it in a ebay grab bag of a bunch of random PS1 games and I was of the age and mindset where I didn't decipher between 'bad' and 'good' games just, 'Oh, its a game? It must be fun then! Cause gaaaaaames!" So I actually have some nostalgic connection with that game relating it to being 'good'
I actually had a very rare chance to buy the 2nd game, somehow it made its way into a pawnshop over here in Canada, no idea how or why but it did and when I picked it up and looked at it my not knowing any better and my mind when "This doesn't look like a horror game, looks to colorful and weird, must be another Overblood series or something" and I put it back down.
I mean, there is no way I would have got it working, and probably no way I would managed to play through it if I did, but man, I kind of regret at least not owning it.

No Caption Provided

Anyways, Spider: The Video Game is one of my often not heard about games, I loved it as a kid, still do, and that soundtrack is great you guys, there are two tracks on there that are amazing, they were my first introduction to the fact that a game soundtrack could just be a good song, let alone just noise to accompany a scene.

Lab Floor, Lab Top

Boxes, Machine Room

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Spoonman671

This game was pretty awful.

No Caption Provided

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

@m16mojo2 said:
No Caption Provided

I fucking loved Strike Commander, aside from the fact that it ran like shit on my PC. Basically a Wing Commander game but with jets instead of spaceships, I don't know how that game didn't catch on.

They played Reelect JFK on Unprofessional Fridays a few months back, so there's documented proof that someone besides me has played it. But I don't care, I'm naming it anyway:

No Caption Provided