sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#1  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Hey folks-

Just a heads up that Gamestop will be having a Buy 2, Get 1 Free used games sale for the next couple of days.  The offer is for online and in-store purchases, so you might want to check it out.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheHBK

Fuck gamestop.  Anyone else agree?

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Me saving money. Me must resist temptation.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Cerza

Oooooo this is good to know. I still have $140 on my edge card and have been dieing for some new games. Looks like I will be clearing out their used PS2 section this weekend.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm thinking about picking up Nuts and Bolts.  I'd also like to pick up a Tony Hawk and a Dynasty Warriors game.  Haven't really played a Tony Hawk game in three or so years, and I'm kind of craving that sort of gameplay.  As for Dynasty Warriors, I've never tried one, but I'm in the mood for some brainless action and I hear that's pretty much a go-to series for that sort of thing.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero
Oh. Used? Bummer. I'll pass then, but good looking out. Toys R Us usually has a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale during the fall. I've jumped on board with that one the last 2 years and it's worked out pretty awesomely. I hope they do it again this year.

@Sparky_Buzzsaw:
Dude, if you're going to get a Tony Hawk game, steer clear of Tony Hawk's Proving Ground. Also, I'd strongly advise you to avoid Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam. However, Tony Hawk's Project 8 was the last great Tony Hawk game and is definitely worth owning. It's not perfect, but I think Neversoft did a great job with it overall. They added several smart new ideas as well. It's a shame that it's probably going to be the final peak of the series. Also, I would recommend Nuts & Bolts, as long as you're able to accept the fact that it's not your traditional Banjo-Kazooie game.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

I have seen this sale many times before, so it is not new. I don't have a reason to get anything now though. Maybe a used copy of inFamous, Prototype and Red Faction? When they come out, of course.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
@TheGreatGuero: Thanks for the heads-up.  I was trying to figure out which TH I wanted to buy, so I'll take your advice on that one.

And if anyone has a preferred Dynasty Warriors game (except for Gundam), let me know.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By PureRok
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: Dynasty Warriors 6 is the best one so far to me. I've played all of them but 5, which I hear a lot of praise for. So, depending on what system you want to get it for, I recommend one of those two.
Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Slunks
@Sparky_Buzzsaw: DW6, if you can. Seems to be the most ... ehh.. up to date. Although, I believe DW4 will always be my favorite.