• 90 results
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Diamond

If anything it's the fact that they read NeoGAF instead of these forums that's making them amoral.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By MysteriousBob

You'd feel pretty down too if you were expected to play Deadly Premonition daily.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By raviolisumo
@MysteriousBob said:
" You'd feel pretty down too if you were expected to play Deadly Premonition daily. "
Beat me to it.
JasonDaPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By JasonDaPsycho

Morals?
You must be talking about morale.

Perhaps it's just the overall repetitiveness once everything was settled. But you never know. Bombcast still sounds awesome.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By immike
@sopranosfan said:
people that hate on things and people that passionately defend what they enjoy 
The people that passionately defend what they enjoy are those that worry me. I understand if you defend a friend, relative, or even some random off the streets who's been getting a hard time, but defending a video game because you enjoy it seems unnecessary. I don't want to go off topic, so i'll leave it at that.
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By Trilogy

I blame the nintendouches.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Chokobo

Classic case of making mountains out of molehills here.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By oldschool
@Sweep said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @Choi said:

"You know, kinda like rock stars rocking out on the stage for their fans, and not getting any good feedback, or even getting back the opposite."

Then maybe those rockstars should listen to their fans and try to improve their music. "
Their "fans" are acting like fucking arrogant morons. "
Yes, they are, but I don't think we are talking about the same fans. 

@trophyhunter said:
" what is brad sad I called him a dipshit like 100 times? pathetic "
Oh you  :/ 

@Hamz said:
" It has nothing to do with recent internet drama, no matter how much people would love to think that is the reason :P "
You would notice I said the same thing and I am part of that drama, but to be entirely fair, the OP wasn't really aiming at that ,from what I read, it was just added by others.
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ryanwho

There are some mean dudes here. Except for when it comes to Islam, then those same people are inexplicably compassionate. 

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By oldschool
@immike said:
" @sopranosfan said:
The people that passionately defend what they enjoy are those that worry me. I understand if you defend a friend, relative, or even some random off the streets who's been getting a hard time, but defending a video game because you enjoy it seems unnecessary. I don't want to go off topic, so i'll leave it at that. "
QFT.  I generally don't feel the need to defend a friend as they are usually big enough to defend themselves against words. 

@Trilogy said:
" I blame the nintendouches. "
You would. 
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By Rhaknar
@oldschool said:
" @immike said:
" @sopranosfan said:
The people that passionately defend what they enjoy are those that worry me. I understand if you defend a friend, relative, or even some random off the streets who's been getting a hard time, but defending a video game because you enjoy it seems unnecessary. I don't want to go off topic, so i'll leave it at that. "
QFT.  I generally don't feel the need to defend a friend as they are usually big enough to defend themselves against words. 

@Trilogy said:
You would.  "
yes...and Nintendo is a poor small little company that needs you defending them at every second. Poor Nintendo, if only they weren't so small and defenseless :(
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#62  Edited By Trilogy
@oldschool said:  
@Trilogy said:
You would.  "
OH YEA?! WELL...

HAVE A NICE DAY.
AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@Guppy507 said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @Choi said:

"You know, kinda like rock stars rocking out on the stage for their fans, and not getting any good feedback, or even getting back the opposite."

Then maybe those rockstars should listen to their fans and try to improve their music. "
nononononono... NO!  The moment an artist starts writing music for the fans is the moment they cease being a great band (many refer to this as "selling out").  Not relevant to the GB crew in any way (since user feedback is very important to websites), but I had to say it. "
NO! Selling out would be ignoring your fans and going with what makes you popular and gets you the most money. Which is what any smart person would do, but it's still selling out.
MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MrSnow

If anyone has a problem with gb staff stfu and gtfa 
Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Slab64

I honestly don't know how often they read the forums, Brad did mention the forums rising up to smite him for his LP2 review on the most recent Bombcast, and of course Ryan reads all the emails, and probably some snail mail. This does remind me of a couple Bombcasts back when someone brought up telling non-gamers what they do for a living, Jeff (I think) related a story about a girl telling him "I hate video games" and he replied that he hated them too now for a totally different reason, or something like that....just thought that was interesting.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Damian
Ryan: "You don't like it too much." 
Brad: "Not so much." 
Ryan: "There's some folks that do like it, you know, and ..."
Brad: "I guess. Those people are in a distinct minority, and if they enjoy the game more power to 'em ... End of discussion." 

They see this crap for sure. But it's gotta just roll right off their backs. They've been at this for years. If they let a handful of posters bring them down in any effectual way, how could they still be doing this? 

The "morale" issue seems to be perceived by the empathetic, then projected onto the cast.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By JoelTGM

don't think so much

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By JoelTGM
@Slab64 said:
" I honestly don't know how often they read the forums, Brad did mention the forums rising up to smite him for his LP2 review on the most recent Bombcast, and of course Ryan reads all the emails, and probably some snail mail. This does remind me of a couple Bombcasts back when someone brought up telling non-gamers what they do for a living, Jeff (I think) related a story about a girl telling him "I hate video games" and he replied that he hated them too now for a totally different reason, or something like that....just thought that was interesting. "
I think he replied "then you shouldn't make a career of them"
Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ChickenPants

You're thinking way too much into things.They were just bad games.

Also, the GB forums aren't some sort of chilled out and polite mecca for videogame talk, they're filled with just as much vitriol, fanboyism and nastiness as any other forum on big videogame sites.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By iamjohn
@Rhaknar said:
" yes...and Nintendo is a poor small little company that needs you defending them at every second. Poor Nintendo, if only they weren't so small and defenseless :( "
I laughed. 

Anyhow, as others have been saying, dudes are busy.  They got to plan for E3 and continue to do work and all the other stuff for the site, they're most assuredly helping out with aspects of the other Whisky sites (the Screened podcast, videos on Comic Vine, and Tested's livestreams, for example) and most everything that has come out in the past month has sucked, with this week being the first time things have been great since March and it all just so happens to be coming out at the same time.  It is what it is.
coldblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By coldblood

I'm sure that the GB crew is not letting a few bad apples ruin their day.  Overall the community here is great, with what seems to be a loud minority of jerks. 

Anyway, I think these guys literally work day and night and are possibly overworked as a result which  could lead to low morale. 

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jams

What is this thread based on? I must be in some kind of bubble because I am having the time of my life when I visit giant bomb. I got the ER, quick looks, these forums... Thursday night throw down, the bombcast. What more do you need? 

Anyways, what was everyone up in arms about? Something about nintendo? or lost planet or something?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@AlwaysAngry said:
" @Guppy507 said:
" @AlwaysAngry said:
" @Choi said:

nononononono... NO!  The moment an artist starts writing music for the fans is the moment they cease being a great band (many refer to this as "selling out").  Not relevant to the GB crew in any way (since user feedback is very important to websites), but I had to say it. "
NO! Selling out would be ignoring your fans and going with what makes you popular and gets you the most money. Which is what any smart person would do, but it's still selling out. "
Yeah selling out is when you ditch your style and fanbase and go for whatever makes you a quick buck. 
Writing FOR your fans, however, is also lame and pathetic. Bands should just roll like they always used to roll (i dont mind experimenting, though) 

I must add here that alot of fans mistake "experimenting" with "selling out" which is quite a sad conflict. Whenever a band tries to change their sound just to refresh things, or experiment, or when they go through a certain personal-life phase and decide to write their upcoming album about that phase, they SOLD OUT AND THEIR OLD SOUND IZ ZO MUCH BETTER THEY USED TO RAWK IN THEIR OLD ALBUMZ NOW THEY SUCK. 

@MrSnow said:
"
"
Grand Theft Fucking Auto ?
Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Hourai

I'd be tired from having to play tons of shitty games every week, too. 

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Lambert

Shitty games are shitty games. Sorry, fanboys, but if GB wants to tell it like it is about crappy games, then they have every right to do so.

Sorry that your feelings are hurt over a bunch of 1's and 0's.

heghmohqib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By heghmohqib

How would you feel if you had to play Deadly Premonition for hours every damn week.  I bet Ryan pops Vicodin like candy while Brad has a panic attack just before every recording.

But seriously, your being a bit of a mother hen.

PlasmaMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PlasmaMachine

Well they are playing games they know themselves they are disinterested in and unmotivated in wanting to play and finish. They play these games to give you a taste of what to expect when you play them, and it's not exactly super-exciting or an incredible experience overall. They seemed excited when it came to other games lately, like Red Dead Redemption, Skate 3, Picross 3D and Split/Second. They like what they like, and not like what they don't like.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By iamjohn
@HeghmohQib said:
" How would you feel if you had to play Deadly Premonition for hours every damn week. "
Pretty damn good, actually.  I know from experience. :P
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Strolling through these forums would depress anyone.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Milkman

I can actually kind of understand where this guy is coming from. Obviously, their job is pretty much the best job in the world. Play video games and writing about it. It doesn't get much better at that. But at the same time, if I had idiotic fuckwits like Linkyshinks calling me "fat" or questioning my journalistic integrity every other day, I'd get a little annoyed to. Now, I don't think they let this insults "get to them" or anything stupid like that. With years in the industry, I'm sure they are accustomed to internet idiots.  But I can get see how it can just get annoying, especially from the standpoint of someone like Brad. Everything he seems to do lately has just been met with bitching, moaning and people being just general assholes. At some point, you need just get tired of hearing that bullshit. I don't think they are losing interest or "morale" but I can see them getting kind of annoyed. Anyway though, I don't see it as a big deal as they generally just ignore it but I can definitely tell they are getting really annoyed sometimes.

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BionicMonster

maybe Matt Kessler's voice is wearing down on them.
I'm sure hes a nice guy and all but damn if it isn't a little annoying.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By yakov456

Honestly I think they could give two shits about people's negativity on here. Maybe some mods are quick to swoop in and regulate, but the head staff, they are to busy to really care. I'm sure playing game after game and having to record and meet deadlines wears on them, plus I get the feeling that it's not the most profitable company in the world, but that is just my guess.

mshaw006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By mshaw006
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@MrSnow said:
"
"
Grand Theft Fucking Auto ? "
Get the fuck away?
Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Jimbo7676
@sopranosfan said:
" First Jeff has always been hard on gams.  Go back to Gamespot and look at his reviews from a decade ago, I wonder how many 9+ rated ratings he has ever given.  I usually just add a point to whatever Jeff gives as a way of comparing it to other reviewers.  Second as long as these guys have been working on the internet surely they know the mentality of it and realize that there will always be people that hate on things and people that passionately defend what they enjoy so I doubt they get to upset about what most people say on the internet which is why I was surprised over the last incident.     Edit:  and my morals have been dropping for years now. "

It's true Jeff hates legs. He's more of a T n' A man.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Hamz :
Do you know where they are moving?
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By LiquidSwords

It seems like past year or so the GB board has been invaded by future 4chan users and idiot kids that prob yell when they play multilayer games. If I were to wake up one morning and the board was gone I wouldn't care less. I've followed these guys since the GS days and only started posting recently. Here for games and GB crew shenanigans.

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda

just send them more bribe candy!!!

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
@dudeglove: 
MUST SEEEND REEEEESEES CUUUUUUUUUUUPS!!!!!!!
Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Choi
@LiquidSwords said:
" It seems like past year or so the GB board has been invaded by future 4chan users and idiot kids that prob yell when they play multilayer games. If I were to wake up one morning and the board was gone I wouldn't care less. I've followed these guys since the GS days and only started posting recently. Here for games and GB crew shenanigans. "
Exactly, you can see this is my first thread, I've been with them for years too. I don't get involved in the community here so much, I was just curious what you guys thought.
evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By evanbrau

I haven't noticed any difference in their morale levels. Oh and no matter how much you wish it to be so nothing anyone has or will ever say on this forum will effect any of them.