• 86 results
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By Hunter5024

I only get mad if people are actively being jerks. Even then it takes a very specific kind of jerk. The only time I ever actually got pissed off was when I was playing Tekken 6 online and someone came into my room to talk to me while I was in the middle of a match, so I didn't try very hard in the game because I was having a conversation (obviously he wiped the floor with me for those two rounds). Spent the whole rest of the match having some jerk condescendingly correct me about how to play Tekken, and I couldn't shut him up cause I don't use a mic, and he beat me because I was distracted for 2 rounds. Then he sent me a message telling me I shouldn't play Tekken if I'm not going to learn the game. So I asked if he wanted a rematch which he wouldn't do. The worst part is he was using my best character which I always hate losing to.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By mrpandaman

@Yummylee said:

I can admittedly get pretty pissed off in online games, but it's more at myself when I'm doing terrible. I like to have fun in competitive games, but winning can be pretty alright as well. And with games like, say, Uncharted 2/3, where I'll actually aspire to be pretty good at the competitive, getting slaughtered and falling under the realisation that there's a lot of people out there that are a lot better than I am, it can suck. I never rage out at other people playing, though. I keep my anger-induced profanities to myself <3

@Hunter5024 said:

I only get mad if people are actively being jerks. Even then it takes a very specific kind of jerk. The only time I ever actually got pissed off was when I was playing Tekken 6 online and someone came into my room to talk to me while I was in the middle of a match, so I didn't try very hard in the game because I was having a conversation (obviously he wiped the floor with me for those two rounds). Spent the whole rest of the match having some jerk condescendingly correct me about how to play Tekken, and I couldn't shut him up cause I don't use a mic, and he beat me because I was distracted for 2 rounds. Then he sent me a message telling me I shouldn't play Tekken if I'm not going to learn the game. So I asked if he wanted a rematch which he wouldn't do. The worst part is he was using my best character which I always hate losing to.

These two.

I usually get really mad at myself when I know I should have played better in SC2, but I've never let it out on the other player.

Also I hate the condescending assholes like in Hunter5024's example.

When people GG me in SC2 because they think they are winning, that also makes me mad, but at the same time I kind of laugh at it when they lose.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I don't play games that make me angry. The fact people get so worked up about things in games is exactly why I don't play games online (except with people I know).

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CaLe

I used to play at competition level in CS and was pretty much the only person in my clan that didn't get angry. Have you ever heard an angry German lose a CS match? It's really funny. Even when we were losing I was having a great time so I just can't relate, sorry. That's not to say I wasn't competitive though, I always tried my best and wanted to win. I could just appreciate another players skill and accept defeat. It takes a long time to get good at something so if someone is beating you, they usually deserve to be beating you.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By jerseyscum

On-line gaming: Serious Business.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Sooty said:

Fighting games can be rage inducing because when you fuck a combo up and it costs you the match it's easy to take that anger and disappointment in yourself and project it elsewhere.

Street Fighter has driven me to rage just cause of how bad I am. I can accept a certain amount of that but getting crushed over and over...ugh.

Proud to say I've never raged AT anyone though or rage quit. Getting pissed at a game is fine, it's when you send messages to whoever just beat you or act like a tool, thats when you need to chill out.

Avatar image for zombie_shakespeare
Zombie_Shakespeare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never get angry at games.

Although I very rarely get angry at anything at all. Once or twice a year, usually, unless you're counting frustrated or annoyed. Legitimate anger is an uncommon thing for me.

I consider myself a pretty good-natured gamer online. I try to give advice, or if someone killed me in an interesting or well-played way, I tell them that. I shit-talk, sure, but not a lot and never seriously, and I try to convey that. I think most people get it. It's just a part of online gaming. Part of the culture. As long as people don't go overboard or start actively trying to offend people, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By renmckormack

@Ben_H said:

I'mma just leave this here, since it is related to this topic. This is why I'm starting to lose interest in competitive games. Most people forget that the primary goal is to have fun. Everyone treats the game way too seriously and can't admit it is their fault that they lost. Instead of finding problem areas in their play, they take their anger out on their opponent. In this case all I did was one of the most basic strategies in SC2, the 4 gate, and he lost even though he scouted it but instead of looking at that game and finding his issue (he only had one sentry skipped a second to get a faster immortal even though he knew I was all-inning him, so I just bumrushed his ramp and threw down 2 pylons and won), he just raged at me.
No Caption Provided

Coco Crisp the baseball player?

cclemon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By cclemon36

I play a few games online, but NHL 12 is the only one that drives me insane. I don't send hateful messages or abuse other players over voice-chat, I just dwell in pure loathing for a good while, contemplating if breaking a controller would be worth it, which it isn't (that shit would get expensive).

I think it's because that is the one game I'm fairly competitive at, and when I fail to live up to my own expectations or I feel like the game cheated me out of a win, it just sucks, like it shouldn't have even been possible. This is particularly awful for me, since I've found myself at a rank where I'm losing about half of the matches, haha.

My remedy for the situation is quitting out of the game with attitude and proceeding to watch cat videos on youtube. Silly cats.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By zeforgotten
@RenMcKormack said:

@Ben_H said:

I'mma just leave this here, since it is related to this topic. This is why I'm starting to lose interest in competitive games. Most people forget that the primary goal is to have fun. Everyone treats the game way too seriously and can't admit it is their fault that they lost. Instead of finding problem areas in their play, they take their anger out on their opponent. In this case all I did was one of the most basic strategies in SC2, the 4 gate, and he lost even though he scouted it but instead of looking at that game and finding his issue (he only had one sentry skipped a second to get a faster immortal even though he knew I was all-inning him, so I just bumrushed his ramp and threw down 2 pylons and won), he just raged at me.
No Caption Provided

Fucking PvP games, they're even hard for baseball players! 
Sad to see that there's not a sarcastic "GG" in there though but hey, at least @Ben_H won!
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#61  Edited By big_jon

I'm going to admit that I am bad for getting mad in online games.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By halberdierv2

I feel bad about it, but recently, I've been getting angry while playing TF2, mainly about random crits against me, plus some server point systems being unbalanced (and seemingly against me)

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Ben_H
@ZeForgotten said:
@RenMcKormack said:

@Ben_H said:

No Caption Provided

Sad to see that there's not a sarcastic "GG" in there though but hey, at least @Ben_H won!
Oh I wish, that would have been glorious. Though usually if they go on like this dude did for a while I just type smiley faces until they stop.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By zeforgotten
@Ben_H said:
@ZeForgotten said:
@RenMcKormack said:

@Ben_H said:

No Caption Provided

Oh I wish, that would have been glorious. Though usually if they go on like this dude did for a while I just type smiley faces until they stop.
Yes, yes! I do that too. 
Or make up a conversation with them where I try to sound really interested in the things they have to say. Evne if it's just stupid shit like "you fucking idiot" and so on then I'll just go "No, that's not true is it? stop BS'ing me. What happens next?" and keep it going for as long as I can just because it makes me laugh so much knowing how much it pisses the little fuckers off. 
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You should learn to control your anger somewhat, but its better to learn what ticks you off and avoid that.

Identify the problem, try to avoid it.
But that's kinda hard in most games, especially stuff like League where your own freaking teammates will taunt the shit out of you instead of trying to play a normal match.

Try to ignore such people, avoid situations and let your playing do the talking.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Clonedzero

ill admit, if im doing bad in an online shooter or something (its what i usually play multiplayer), or if im just getting frustrated/mad, i'll just rage quit and turn the game off. if im not having fun and im just getting annoyed, then its not worth finishing the match. ive forced myself to keep playing when getting frustrated at games before, but it just puts me in a bad mood and can ruin my day, why do that to myself?

i dont yell at people or anything like that though.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By flindip

Only game that induces rage from me online, is playing NHL be a pro drop ins. The level of incompetence, flagrant ass hattery, and general lack of understanding of basic principals of hockey is mind numbing. I really believe that the most clueless sport gaming community belongs to the NHL series.

You can try to be polite and simply point out what someone is doing wrong(most of the time they just keep on doing it anyways). But it almost always devolves into a bitch fest.

Its pretty much the only game that can get my blood boiling, probably because you are dependent on others to succeed.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@churrific said:

I think it's alright to be mad. Just don't be a dick about it and let it out at other ppl. Let it out constructively (use it to fuel your next win), or at an inanimate object (keep a pillow next to you and punch the living sht out of it). Or just be zen if you can.

This pretty much. Getting mad is completely normal. Completely losing your shit over a fucking video game and taking it out on other people is not.

Let's say you're playing a team-based game and someone messes up. It sucks, but 9 times out of 10, that person was trying their hardest, but something somewhere went wrong. So you end up losing. Guess what? You'll live.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Socialone

@Deusx said:

You guys don´t seem to get when gaming becomes a sport. That´s when you get mad. I understand this happening to you. Play Dota 2, now thats a game to get mad at. It is MADE for pro circuits.

I think it shouldn't become a sport then. At that point, it seems to have all the drawbacks of aggressive competition without the benefits of physical activity.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By flindip

@Socialone said:

@Deusx said:

You guys don´t seem to get when gaming becomes a sport. That´s when you get mad. I understand this happening to you. Play Dota 2, now thats a game to get mad at. It is MADE for pro circuits.

I think it shouldn't become a sport then. At that point, it seems to have all the drawbacks of aggressive competition without the benefits of physical activity.

Playing video games isn't a sport. Unless you count playing checkers, darts, pie eating and all other competitions...sports. I do not. You want to call it a competitive hobby...fine.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Deusx

@flindip said:

@Socialone said:

@Deusx said:

Playing video games isn't a sport. Unless you count playing checkers, darts, pie eating and all other competitions...sports. I do not. You want to call it a competitive hobby...fine.

Chess is an official sport... So yeah, I do consider that video games can become a sport. Watch EVO, SCII, Counter Strike, or DOTA II, those games are made for that kind of passionate competition.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By flindip

@Deusx said:

@flindip said:

@Socialone said:

@Deusx said:

Chess is an official sport... So yeah, I do consider that video games can become a sport. Watch EVO, SCII, Counter Strike, or DOTA II, those games are made for that kind of passionate competition.

Chess is not an sport(its a game). Its not in the Olympics(even though they tried-the olympic OIC also recognizes bridge-BRIDGE). There is a difference between a gaming competition and a sport. Video games are not sports. There is not significant level of physical conditioning or aptitude, which is part of the definition of a sport.

Sorry calling pretty much all of those kids who compete in starcraft tourneys or whatever athletes is inane and childish. Its a community trying to force relevancy when it doesn't need it.

Unless of course, your definition of a sport is ANY type of competition. That would include competitive basket weaving.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#73  Edited By Slag

That's why I don't talk to anyone in PVP unless I have to or am friends with them in rl.

@Saddestmonument:

Don't play so many games in a row. If you find yourself getting mad, take a break until you calm down. Also cap yourself in general and stick it (e.g. two games max in one sitting.) If you can't limit how much you play, you should probably quit altogether before it consumes you.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Deusx

@flindip said:

@Deusx said:

@flindip said:

@Socialone said:

@Deusx said:

Chess is not an sport(its a game). Its not in the Olympics(even though they tried-the olympic OIC also recognizes bridge-BRIDGE). There is a difference between a gaming competition and a sport. Video games are not sports. There is not significant level of physical conditioning or aptitude, which is part of the definition of a sport.

Sorry calling pretty much all of those kids who compete in starcraft tourneys or whatever athletes is inane and childish. Its a community trying to force relevancy when it doesn't need it.

Unless of course, your definition of a sport is ANY type of competition. That would include competitive basket weaving.

"Its a community trying to force relevancy when it doesn't need it."

Oh wow, I shouldn´t be replying to this shit and less to someone who says this in the first place but ok, let´s fucking do this.

Chess today is a recognized sport of the International Olympic Committee. The first official World Chess Champion, Wilhelm Steinitz, claimed his title in 1886. Chess is not in the Olympics because the fucking olympics were created in the first place to demonstrate physical proesse. Chess is a mind sport, ask anyone who knows something about sports history (in this case my dad who is a historian and sports narrator in my country).

The Starcraft "kids" as you call them are not Athletes I agree, they are competitors and players. Stop being such a fucking close minded person.

Maybe you´re just bad at games lol.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By tunaburn

dont play it. its not worth it seriously. i quit playing it recently. honestly as sad as it is DOTA 2 has a better community anyways right now.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By flindip

@Deusx said:

@flindip said:

@Deusx said:

@flindip said:

@Socialone said:

@Deusx said:

Oh wow, I shouldn´t be replying to this shit and less to someone who says this in the first place but ok, let´s fucking do this.

Chess today is a recognized sport of the International Olympic Committee. The first official World Chess Champion, Wilhelm Steinitz, claimed his title in 1886. Chess is not in the Olympics because the fucking olympics were created in the first place to demonstrate physical proesse. Chess is a mind sport, ask anyone who knows something about sports history (in this case my dad who is a historian and sports narrator in my country).

The Starcraft "kids" as you call them are not Athletes I agree, they are competitors and players. Stop being such a fucking close minded person.

I also said the Olympic OIC recognizes Bridge as part of their defintion. Bridge is not a sport. You being angry, or outraged isn't going to change anything. As far as being bad at games, what does that have to do with conversation?

You want to call Chess a "mind sport"(whatever the hell that means)is semantics. A mind sport is a game. Can you tell me why checkers is not considered a "mind sport" by OIC?

BTW, I never said that the starcraft kids were not competitors or players. Also the quote that got you so outraged is silly. What I was saying that went completely over your head apparently, was that these gaming competitions don't need to qualify themselves as sports. Its irrelevant and unnecessary, it doesn't make them any more relevant whether its a sport or a gaming competition. But a sport requires physical prowess to be deemed a sport.

But please continue to be outraged and throw insults.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Deusx

@flindip said:

@Deusx said:

@flindip said:

@Deusx said:

@flindip said:

@Socialone said:

@Deusx said:

I also said the Olympic OIC recognizes Bridge as part of their defintion. Bridge is not a sport. You being angry, or outraged isn't going to change anything. As far as being bad at games, what does that have to do with conversation?

You want to call Chess a "mind sport"(whatever the hell that means)is semantics. A mind sport is a game. Can you tell me why checkers is not considered a "mind sport" by OIC?

BTW, I never said that the starcraft kids were not competitors or players. Also the quote that got you so outraged is silly. What I was saying that went completely over your head apparently, was that these gaming competitions don't need to qualify themselves as sports. Its irrelevant and unnecessary, it doesn't make them any more relevant whether its a sport or a gaming competition. But a sport requires physical prowess to be deemed a sport.

But please continue to be outraged and throw insults.

Oh god I don´t have time for this. Laters man.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By flindip

Well I guess scoffing at someone is a really good way to get your point across. Each his own I guess.

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SilverGalford

as for League of Legends , don't play ranked . if you lose a normal match , it doesn't matter . play as support , heal , wards and help your team , i play Soraka most of the time and if my team lose , nobody will blame me since Soraka doesn't have good damage lol .

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#80  Edited By toowalrus

Rarely do I rage while playing games, the only time I can really remember losing it was during my WoW days in like 2007, after some extremely close raid attempts, but even then, I get myself under control pretty quickly.

Avatar image for saddestmonument
Saddestmonument

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Saddestmonument

To all the people saying they dont rage at games online, and are even a bit competitive, i challenge you to play League of legends.. Its ...very hard not to rage..at least once and awhile.

Kaiserhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Kaiserhawk

@Saddestmonument: I only get mad when people start blaming me for stuff that, then go about failing in the same manner that I was all the while screaming 'OMG NOOOOOOOOOB'.

Sorry for sucking in a non-ranked lvl 10 matchmaking bracket, brah.

IntoTheN1ght

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By IntoTheN1ght

I think rage over online games stems from people thinking it somehow grades you as a human being. You being great at WoW raiding means you are a awesome and successful person? No, usually hardcore raiders are basement dwelling nerds, the stereotype is there for a reason. How well you play a videogame =/= who or what you are.

Dont let online idiots fool you into thinking that it somehow correlates with you as a person, afterall wouldnt you rather be successful in life and shit at games than the opposite?

It is no different than playing chess, checkers, cards. It is a game, its sole purpose is to entertain you. If you are raging over it then the whole thing has failed. You may aswell chuck your console out the window, you are wasting your time.

trebert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By trebert

This bit

@IntoTheN1ght said:

You being great at WoW raiding means you are a awesome and successful person? No, usually hardcore raiders are basement dwelling nerds, the stereotype is there for a reason.

Dont let online idiots fool you into thinking that it somehow correlates with you as a person, afterall wouldnt you rather be successful in life and shit at games than the opposite?

Contradicts this.

@IntoTheN1ght said:

How well you play a videogame =/= who or what you are.
Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Canteu

I play LoL and never really get angry, but I do get somewhat frustrated sometimes.

This doesn't mean I'm raging at my team mates or my LoL partner or whatever, but it is annoying when you're having a flawless game and lose, but there's nothing you can do about it.

Usually we just laugh it off and study the match, and decide what went wrong and where, so we can improve next time and become better players for it.

Winning is great, but losing is the key to winning. Without losing, you will never win.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By CL60

I only ever rage at fighting games.