Giant Bomb East is Listening!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@azulot: Wow! This is incredibly helpful! Did you do this all manually by reading each post?

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

One more for Crusader Kings 2! I loved the Play Date you did a few weeks back and feel that quite a few more silly stories could come out of that thing. Only problem with it was that it was so hard to read the text and I'm not sure how feasible a 1080p stream would be at this point? But hey, it's a wishlist, right?

Also, I have to second Vampire Bloodlines. Could be a perfect fit.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@flasaltine said:

I cant believe so many people want Life is Strange.

Yeah, that's the most boring option possible. Everyone and their mother has done a Let's Play of that.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455  Edited By Elwood

Vampire Bloodlines great suggestion.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The WITCHER 3

chasespace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Persona 4 please

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I mean, yeah, Vinny/Alex/Austin should stream Life is Strange as the Best GBE Playdate Ever, but only if they're willing to be kinda patient with it and actually explore as if you were playing at home (like how Vinny said he spent like 45 minutes looking around the first room of Cradle). If you just critical path Life is Strange, you literally miss mini-subplots, plus you miss 90% of the character motivations and depth to the side characters if you don't poke around.

I've seen streamers play the game where they don't really explore much, and they don't really rewind much to see how differently things can play out, and if you do neither of those and just make snap decisions for various important story choices, I feel like those streamers barely even knew the characters they were talking to.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be really fun if y'all can put together a Madden NFL 16 tournament/season and have folks in the office join in to play, while the top dawgs do commentary. And to spice things up (with a good heart in mind), have a betting system to raise money for charity.

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461  Edited By ToySoldier83

@vinny: play again you say?!

PERSONA 4 GOLDEN!!!

...on the Playstation TV of course, I'm not a monster.

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By azulot

@vinny said:

@azulot: Wow! This is incredibly helpful! Did you do this all manually by reading each post?

Pretty much! I kept track of the games suggested rather than the number of times a game was suggested (I felt like the latter was more time consuming and susceptible to my own errors) so i could use auto-fill to my advantage (and then used COUNTIF to find the number of entries).

I'm very glad I could help, and here's an update as of post #458 (if it's not too late)!

No Caption Provided

Edit: With only 4+ votes (3+ is a mess)

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463  Edited By BisonHero

@charlie_victor_bravo said:

@xerseslives said:
@flasaltine said:

I cant believe so many people want Life is Strange.

Yeah, that's the most boring option possible. Everyone and their mother has done a Let's Play of that.

I have faith in Vinny, Alex, and Austin's ability to have hilarious reactions to teens, bad teen dialogue, good teen dialogue, and any personal teen anecdotes that the game prompts out of Vinny, Alex, and Austin.

We're sitting on a video gold mine, here.

Also it's a good way to trick the staff into playing it so that anyone on GB's staff has actually played it in time for GotY, because it deserves some consideration for SOMETHING.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psychonauts

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@bisonhero: Nah, it has been done to death. It is the Bill Clinton BJ joke of the video games. They are smart enough to realize that good % of giant bomb audience would find that lame and it would not attract new viewers.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please, for the love of God, do a Persona 5 endurance run.

Also please get Vinny to finish Bloodborne.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Unplugged counts I would also like to vote for that, specifically Rogue Trader. In addition to Crusader Kings, Dwarf Fortress, and Kerbal that I said earlier.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Carmen sandiago... I don't know why, but i want to see you 3 play through the Carmen sandiago games

LionsLinden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwarf Fortress
The one game to end them all

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By BisonHero

@bisonhero: Nah, it has been done to death. It is the Bill Clinton BJ joke of the video games. They are smart enough to realize that good % of giant bomb audience would find that lame and it would not attract new viewers.

I think you're misjudging the Giant Bomb audience if you think it being "done to death" by other streamers really matters. Other streamers did their fair share of streaming out Contradiction and especially Until Dawn, but the GB East playthrough was still worth watching, and I think indicates that a lot of the GB audience really doesn't give a shit what other streamers are doing.

I think they are smart enough to reach the exact opposite conclusion than the one you think they should be reaching, especially if it ends up being Premium Content which really has no obligation to attract new viewers since it doesn't make it to their Youtube channel. Attracting new viewers can be important, but with GB's business model it is also very important to just make entertaining content that keeps premium members paying for premium.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

I'll put another vote for Kingdom Hearts or a Persona game for Alex to play through (Not 4 obviously and it sounds like Vinny and Austin both played through 3 so maybe not persona, would rather have a new experience for them).

Actually maybe Danganronpa would be something for them to try, not sure how it would work on pstv but that seems perfect for them.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think you're misjudging the Giant Bomb audience if you think it being "done to death" by other streamers really matters. Other streamers did their fair share of streaming out Contradiction and especially Until Dawn, but the GB East playthrough was still worth watching, and I think indicates that a lot of the GB audience really doesn't give a shit what other streamers are doing.

I think they are smart enough to reach the exact opposite conclusion than the one you think they should be reaching, especially if it ends up being Premium Content which really has no obligation to attract new viewers since it doesn't make it to their Youtube channel. Attracting new viewers can be important, but with GB's business model it is also very important to just make entertaining content that keeps premium members paying for premium.

bolded exactly what i'm thinking

I consume Giant Bomb content not to just simply know about games, but to know what the staff thinks about games. I don't care if all the YouTube streamers have done a Let's Play of a specific game. I wanna hear Vinny, Alex, and Austin's hot takes on that game.

Uranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanna see more witcher 3

xerseslives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the case of Life is Strange, I think it's less that people want to see them play it as much as they just want the guys to justify their love for it.

I mean, it's a fine game, a little too similar to what they've been playing, but it's fine. Certainly not in love with it like a lot of people seem to be. I dunno. It feels like we'd just be asking for another Metal Gear Scanlon situation where a lot of viewers are so invested in the game that it'll just be a bunch of "I can't believe they missed that detail" or "they totally should have taken this path" comments over and over.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expeditions: Conquistador, a lot of crazy stuff happens in that game it would be fun to see them play it. Also that game is awesome and needs some more spotlight.

Massive Chalice would be a cool one to see.

Phantasmagoria 2

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote is for The Witcher 3.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the case of Life is Strange, I think it's less that people want to see them play it as much as they just want the guys to justify their love for it.

I mean, it's a fine game, a little too similar to what they've been playing, but it's fine. Certainly not in love with it like a lot of people seem to be. I dunno. It feels like we'd just be asking for another Metal Gear Scanlon situation where a lot of viewers are so invested in the game that it'll just be a bunch of "I can't believe they missed that detail" or "they totally should have taken this path" comments over and over.

It reminds me of Until Dawn, in that you don't really need the collectibles (Until Dawn's totems and 8 zillion little clues aren't necessary for anything but achievements, Life Is Strange's photo opportunities you can find with Max aren't necessary for anything but achievements), but unlike Until Dawn there is a significant benefit to examining a lot of the examinable objects so that you know more about the various characters and be better informed about whatever is going on.

I'm still a little conflicted on whether they'd play it that way or just critical path forward and miss a lot of the side details, but I'm not opposed to them playing it and seeing how it goes. You're right to compare it to Metal Gear Scanlon, though, I could see a lot of people in the comments complaining if Vinny/Alex/Austin make a story decision based on something that is factually wrong about a character and they would know that if they had poked around more. Still, I think the critical path of Life Is Strange is still rewarding, whereas Drew's critical path of MGSV, with little to no tape-listening, is pretty bland.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

I'm game for more Crusader Kings 2, although having played it myself now, I've realized there's large stretches of playtime where not much happens. (Of course, that may have been because I am an Icelandic vassal. Not exactly the busiest part of Europe.)

I also want to see a Curious Expedition Unfinished. You can finish a game of that in 1-2 hours (ala FTL) and a game about risking curses to loot ancient ruins, then going insane & resorting to cannibalism, sounds like a great game for Vinny.

I'd also like to see Austin introduce them to Dwarf Fortress. Perhaps start in adventure mode to mix it up. Hell, a series on old-school roguelike games would either be edutaining or the perfect troll.

Oprahtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkstar_Pug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jimbozu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life Is Strange.

Zikar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha Protocol

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By a_e_martin

Soo... is there supposed to be a show going on right now or what? Or did somebody make a mistake with the schedule? It's happening!

berterbertez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

80 Days.

Playing it now and it feels like such a Giant Beast Game

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life Is Strange : Alpha Protocol

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Full Playthrough of Lego Island!

Oprahtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

play through the DanganRonpa games please, or the zero escape series.

schnoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By schnoo

Dungeon World would be cool.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

deus ex: human revolution, Alpha protocol, Homeworld, Dead Space, Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, Mass Effect :)

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491  Edited By RonGalaxy

@xerseslives: I voted for life is strange because a) I haven't bought it and haven't found good enough justification to and b) from playing the demo, it seems like a good streaming game. I bet a lot of people are in the same situation.

mechanics heavy games aren't too great for prolonged video series', IMO, unless it's something like spelunky (where the player has to bang their head against it to get anywhere, which is fun to watch). I honestly think Metal Gear scanlon V was a mistake, because mgsv is fun to play and boring to watch. For me, watching until dawn/life is strange/games of the same ilk is fun, because they already don't require much interaction for enjoyment.

LarsHJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492  Edited By LarsHJ
  • Transport Tycoon
  • Master of Magic
  • Life is Strange
  • Dwarf Fortress
  • Killer is Dead

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493  Edited By Rincewind

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge speedrun!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aww...well, I was never planning on playing this and GB is the best pick for commentary if I were to watch a playthrough, so suppose I'll sit back and relax.

...still, though, Phantasmagoria 2...

Avatar image for pterodactyl_noises
pterodactyl_noises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life Is Strange would be better to do once it's complete. Unless it would be done every other week to milk out the episodes, but that would kill the idea.

Like someone else said: Vampire: The Masquerade –Bloodlines.And I apologize, I don't remember who said it. October themed somewhat.

Another interesting suggestion: Tales of Zestiria . Local co-op, jrpg, adventure, and the Tales games are always packed with stuff, could lead to multiple episodes. Any Tales game would be good come to think about it, you can have 4 people (once you get 4 characters)... bring in Bakalar! (I might be in the minority with a Tales game)

Phantasmagoria 2 because Phantasmagoria 2

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age of Decadence. It's in full release now!

Go, go, go!

Afroofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though our current fate has already been decided, I gotta rep Kerbal Space Program and Crusader Kings 2.

Dudleyville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ristar

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499  Edited By Nime

Damn I was hoping for more of a grab bag of weird or missed shit not just playing through all of Life Is Strange (assuming that's what they'll do) which will take weeks. It's a good game and all but I guess I was just hoping this would be more diverse and not just picking the game for their next full playthrough, especially one so current. Hardly a "missed game" considering episode 5 isn't even out yet.

Life is Strange feels so much of more of the same after Until Dawn. I was really hoping for something totally different - something old, something weird, something open ended - not just another recent story based adventure game.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With so many interesting games on this discussion, we went with Life Is Strange. This is the first time the GB community disappointed me.