Giant Bomb East is Listening!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jd_delgado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

To the moon, old sports/nintendo games.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampire the Masquerade was a title I saw on the chart and I support that 100%. It's one of my favorite RPGs ever.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give Crusader Kings 2 another go, I really enjoyed that and I can't be the only one.

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would love for them to continue to play Life Is Strange, that game picks up pretty fast and the characters do some really great developing and I started to care for them a lot by the end of episode 2. I would also be fine with them moving this to the GBE Playdate slot and picking something new for next week.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I hope they pull a GBE Playdate for the rest of Life Is Strange, and maybe use this community poll of what they should play for other games that are less of a long-term time investment. If they keep doing a weekly vote, and the community keeps voting for Life Is Strange until it's finished, then I think people might get kind of salty that it's a "choice" where the community just goes with whatever game already has momentum. They'd probably swallow it better if GB East just siphoned Life Is Strange off into their current GB East Playdate slot, then opened up the voting for other things.

I don't think there's any way they don't do this, because all the "full playthrough" type things are always premium content. This feature seems more like "vote on something you want us to check out", and then it's up to them if they like it enough to turn it into a full playdate series. Because otherwise, like you said, everyone's just going to vote for the game they started until it's finished, and then it's not really any different from a playdate anyway.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fugoy: I saw that too and it's a great game but the beginning is super slow going. I just don't know if it'll be interesting enough for a 2 hour stream unless they went on to do a full on playthrough. I'm still waiting for them to get back to Blade Runner.

eggheaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#557  Edited By eggheaded

@vinny

Quick Looks:

• Endless Legend/DLC (4X game that got raving reviews, not much big coverage, worth the time?)
  • Big Pharma (recently released management/Spacechem-like, not sure if it scratches the Theme Hospital itch).
  • Factorio (Steam allowing it to bypass Greenlight points to something potentially special here)
  • Brigador (isometric tanks, looks different)
  • Prison Architect 1.0 (is it worth the buy now?)
  • Caves of Qud (Sci-fi, Post Apocalyptic Roguelike)
  • Cogmind (Good looking particle effects, Roguelike, saw mixed reactions)
  • Master Spy (soundtrack by RAC is great, not sure if it is a standout platformer)
  • Jotun (is it all just pretty animations?)
  • Else Heartbreak (Saw a review that said it was hot garbage, worth a flier on the graphics, city alone?)
  • SpyParty

Potentially funny Retrospective/Playdates:

• Space Station 13
  • Crusader Kings 2 with the Game of Thrones mod
  • Police Quest 1/2 (the point and click not the terrible SWAT ones)
  • Shadow President (DOS Cold War simulator that refuses to realistically simulate the world)
  • Long Live the Queen
  • Hitman: Blood Money
  • Alpha Protocol
  • Pathologic
  • Playing through some of the top Procjam or Ludlum Dare games

Kick the Hive:

• Whatever Star Citizen actually is
hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#558  Edited By hassun

I wouldn't mind seeing them play a turn-based game, especially with some good chat interaction. Maybe something like the modern XCOM.

That or a cool, older RPG like the aforementioned Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. At least if it's fan patched.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#559  Edited By mike

@teddie said:

I don't think there's any way they don't do this, because all the "full playthrough" type things are always premium content.

That isn't the case - none of the Endurance Run series have ever been Premium content.

xerseslives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

That or a cool, older RPG like the aforementioned Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. At least if it's fan patched.

I've always heard about how interesting the story is. That's a good pick.

malestrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I vote for continuing the play through of Life is Strange.

skLaFarebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is Strange must continue!

ninnyjams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please see Life Is Strange through to the end! It's not a long game and it gets crazy!

tabiicat42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd really love to see more Life is Strange. I like seeing what choices other people make. :)

Duluoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys should play some Homeworld. Maybe the new remastered ones, but preferably Homeworld: Cataclysm. Its a little old and janky, but still a fantastic strategy game.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#567  Edited By slyspider

Another for Persona 3 FES

thevamp25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#568  Edited By thevamp25

Viking: Battle for Asgard.

Dynamitekyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is Strange is going well and I'd like to see it through.

After that, though, the one true answer is Phantasmagoria 2.

You might not realize it yet, Vinny, but you guys need to play that game.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#570  Edited By xymox

So, new thread every week or just post in this one?

Anyway, Life is apparently hella Strange and as such the playthrough must continue.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#571  Edited By Otogi

I'll throw my hat in with the Phantasmagoria 2 crowd, but also, some more mech stuff would be cool (maybe a crossover with West on that one).

Aeleby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep playing Life is Strange. It's been a great game for myself. Yes it has its issues, and I do want to kill a lot of the characters but it does have a charm to it. It's a GBE type of game.

Buddy900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Load our last save ninja gaiden

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Austin teaches Vinny how to Pro Evo.

thesteve19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Europa Universalis IV

byrjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Are we voting again? For next week? If so, I again vote Life Is Strange, at the very least till the end of episode 2, but ideally end of 3, because by then, I am positive no one can keep away from it. In a year with Bloodborne, MGSV and Witcher 3, because of some of the stuff happening in later episodes, even then, Life Is Strange might just get my top seat!

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinny

Police Quest 1/2 (the point and click not the terrible SWAT ones)

What are you even talking about?! If something, you reminded me that we should also get some new SWAT material. Though maybe that's just my craving for crappy FMV in general.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Life is Strange? OK, next: Minecraft - let's get all the dead horses into this.

randombattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Deus Ex 1 did just get a big remake on steam. I'd love to see them take a look.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glottery said:
@lilman1101 said:

Is it weird that i'd be totally up for another playthrough of Until Dawn with different goals in mind ?

Eh, in case you haven't played it yourself or watched any LPs...

The basic story is identical every time, no matter how differently you play, which I feel like would take the joy out of that. Not to mention there's a handful of false choices (can't choose to save Josh, because he's always the "bad guy", can't save that crazy hunter guy, etc...) that probably don't bother you on the first playthrough, because you don't know any better, but definitely become a bit of a bummer afterwards.

Wow. That's super weird. That kinda made me happy they stuck with the magic of the first one than. The weirdest part about that for me is the Hunter guy. It's seems insane you can't save him, but I guess for the house at the end to make sense he has to die. Eh, I guess it's a mixed bag.

Thanks for letting me know though duder.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a bit of Elder Scrolls Online being played.Giant Bomb in general seems to be all over Destiny these days but not a peep has been mentioned about ESO even though it has been a much better game for much longer, you guys didn't even put up the trailer for the new expansion.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#582  Edited By Sessh

As the crew had a lot of fun with Life is Strange and knowing where the story is going in the next few episodes, I definitely think they should complete the game.

(After that: Phantasmagoria 2!)

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

PHANTASMAGORIA 2

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

Devil May Cry 3 -- because it's a great game, challenging (though definitely beatable) and also has enough interesting and outlandish cutscenes, which make it a fun game to watch.

Persona 3 -- which requires no explanation, I think.

Condemned I and II -- excellent games, which are fun to play and feature plenty of brutality to keep things interesting.

The Yakuza games -- they're all worth playing, honestly.

Telltale games -- The Walking Dead, the Game of Thrones game: they would be interesting to watch and allow for group-based decision-making, just like Persona 4 did at the time (which made it perfect for an Endurance Run) or, more recentl, Until Dawn.

The Witcher 1 or The Witcher 2 -- requires little explanation, I think.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

If one of you guys have not played Undertale I'd really like to see you guys experience it. I haven't played it myself but watching people play it I know it's a game of the year type of game. Also hearing spoilers and stuff made me reaaaaaaly want to see more of it especially with some giant bomb commentary.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@badnews said:

If one of you guys have not played Undertale I'd really like to see you guys experience it. I haven't played it myself but watching people play it I know it's a game of the year type of game. Also hearing spoilers and stuff made me reaaaaaaly want to see more of it especially with some giant bomb commentary.

They did a Quick Look and Austin wrote a review. I want to say they also discussed it on the Beastcast--I know the Bombcast talked about it last week.

I really hope you guys get around to playing more Black Closet though, it looks like it might lend itself well to a situation like this.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#587  Edited By Teddie

@dudacles said:

The Yakuza games -- they're all worth playing, honestly.

Man those completely slipped my mind. Apparently Jeff even swung the idea by Vinny of doing a Yakuza 3 Endurance Run (might've mentioned that in the Dead Souls quick look?), but I guess they never "felt it" with that game. At the very least I hope we get a quick look for 5 out of GBeast.

LarrySkittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope you guys do a full playthrough of Undertale. It's a short game and plenty of good material to work with.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#590  Edited By kerse

More Life is Strange please. Phantasmagoria 2 would also be cool, but it was pretty fun watching them play Life is Strange.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@kerse said:

More Life is Strange please. Phantasmagoria 2 would also be cool, but it was pretty fun watching them play Life is Strange.

This ^ Play through all of Life is Strange first then do Phantasmagoria 2. Perfect few weeks of content lined up right there.

kakelards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is Strange was pretty cool and all but... PHANTASMAGORIA 2

GrantDaNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see a return of Random PC Game, although I think you guys can probably remove the PC criteria and make it a general venue for checking out some games. Phantasmagoria 2, Dark Seed and especially its sequel Dark Seed 2, maybe Gabriel Knight for PC stuff?

johnnymcginley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I voted for Kerbal initially but you gotta finish Life Is Strange now you started it!

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would like it if you guys kept playing Life is Strange.I really wanna see you guys finish it

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is Strange? OK, next: Minecraft - let's get all the dead horses into this.

This. I couldn't agree more.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byrjun said:

Are we voting again? For next week?

I suspect Vinny will make a new thread next week when they're a couple days before when they want to do the stream. The alternative is that he wades back into this thread, figure out where the cutoff was for the first stream, then see what people have been suggesting since then, but that seems like more of a hassle. I could be wrong, Vinny hasn't really posted any updates in this thread on how he wants to run this thing.

Oxyrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don Bradman Cricket 14

• Net Batting Practice
  • First Person View
  • See who can "score" the highest in a 10 min block
Souplak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Life is strange! Episode 1 is the weakest so far and I wanna see them get to the later episodes.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life Is Strange should probably be a playdate. Having a request based show then just playing one game seems like it goes against that idea.