Giant Bomb East is Listening!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Radish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah I feel like Life is Strange is the most boring choice...

Oh well always next time.

With so many interesting games on this discussion, we went with Life Is Strange. This is the first time the GB community disappointed me.

drew327

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Life is Strange would be somewhat short and definitely sweet.

fugoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I'll watch it cause it's the Beast Team and I love GB playthroughs, but they just did the Until Dawn one and we just get another Adventure game.

Avatar image for reasonablesteve
reasonablesteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#504  Edited By reasonablesteve
Strafer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Do more Life is Strange. It seems hella cool.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507  Edited By glots

I'll admit that was enjoyable thanks to them talking over it and Vinny being Vinny as much as he could, so could've been way worse...still gonna vote for Phantasmagoria 2 next week!

ExiledVip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with more Life is Strange simply because it'll finally give the game a chance of at least coming up during GOTY discussions.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I really hope they keep playing Life is Strange.

AdmiralCurtiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pterodactyl_noises:Unfortunately, the recent Tales games have co-op issues (Xillia and Zestiria have systems where one player essentially uses two characters at once, making 3 or 4 player co-op rather frustrating), so they'd have to go back to Graces or Vesperia at least for proper 4-player. Besides, those things are proper JRPG-length, that would take a really long time to finish at ~2 hours a week. I love Tales a lot, but I'm not sure if it's a good choice for a Giant Bomb stream/series.

Shenaniganery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enjoyed the Life is Strange stream today, hope they continue with it next week.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rongalaxy said:

mechanics heavy games aren't too great for prolonged video series', IMO, unless it's something like spelunky (where the player has to bang their head against it to get anywhere, which is fun to watch). I honestly think Metal Gear scanlon V was a mistake, because mgsv is fun to play and boring to watch. For me, watching until dawn/life is strange/games of the same ilk is fun, because they already don't require much interaction for enjoyment.

I'm slowly reaching that same conclusion with Metal Gear Scanlon V. Sometimes the open worldness of it causes an amusing situation to arise, but other than that, it's like 99% gameplay, and Drew is going to struggle since he keeps taking significant breaks between episodes and he doesn't want to look up how the mechanics works on his own time because he has his "well-informed" "guide" Dan.

Life Is Strange would be better to do once it's complete.

I wouldn't sweat it, the final episode of Life Is Strange comes out in like a week, and there is no way that GB East will do enough of these sessions to power through 4 episodes between now and that final release date.

reflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is strange gets so much better I hope they keep playing next week.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I liked what I saw. Please more of Life is Strange.

BrunoFFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stream was hella awesome, hope they keep playing it!

Also, the game gets waaaay better in every sense.

sigbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guys were great during the stream. Really hope they do play it again, at least through episode 2.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vinny, so this thread is definitely games you guys would live stream, and not so much games the community thinks might have been overlooked for a Quick Look? It wasn't clear from the original post, but based on the Life Is Strange livestream, I'm guessing you're asking for stream games.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Considering how weak Life is Strange opens (not to say this is bad but eps3/4 are incredible, ep2 is solid while finishing the introductions to the major cast, and this one really shows the devs still finding their feet and introducing the main characters without much time for more), I'd really like to see more of it streamed.

Definitely plenty still in the chamber that'll get some reactions from the BEast crew when it comes up.

gaggle64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Would love to see more Life Is Strange, at least to the end of Ep 3 would be brilliant.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520  Edited By enemylandlord

In a way, it's kind of a shame Life is Strange ended up in this particular feature. The idea of voting on and playing a different game every week is really neat, but if more Life is Strange is on the table it will always get my vote. Maybe make it a playdate thing?

Stream was fun though, and even if that's the last of the Life is Strange train Choose Our Own Adventure is going to be a great feature.

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is Strange seems like a real good game for GBEast to tackle. I would like to see more of it!

mbdoeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is Strange was fun, but man...Phantasmagoria 2 dog. Needs to happen.

Hyuzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

999: 9 hours 9 persons 9 doors. you could even do the iOS version if you can't get capture footage from a DS.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

a Metal Slug game would be cool, or one of the old teenage mutant ninja turtles games

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indigo Prophecy

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@xevabis:Anything Persona-related with Giant Bomb's resident anime editor sounds like a good time.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is Strange was such a predictable choice.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life is strange was a good choice. Anything like Life is Strange or an adventure game would work well

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xerseslives:I love Life is Strange and don't need anyone to justify that. I'd just like to see it get more coverage from GB. It's a really great game and the QL didn't really do it justice. I would prefer them to play something I haven't seem before though. Maybe a full playthrough of LiS isn't needed.

Seeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

I think it would make sense to at least finish up the current episode of Life is strange (and maybe the next one depending on however close to the end of the current episode we are).

That said, one game in particular which I would personally really like to see at some point is Environmental Station Alpha. It's a metroidvania which came out earlier this year around the same time as Axiom Verge and, as such, was almost completely brushed aside by the Axiom Verge hype. It doesn't so much look to redefine Metroid the way Axiom Verge does as it looks to change around the formula in some substantial ways, such as:

• The player gets various attack upgrades, but a Long Beam equivalent is not one of them.
  • The grappling hook is obtained early and is essential for navigating the environment as it can latch onto nearly any surface.
  • There are quite a few completely optional Fez-esque puzzles and secrets; you can ignore them if you just want a pure action platformer or you can choose to dig through quite a few layers before uncovering all of the secrets the game has to offer.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay, Life is Strange! I really hope you guys transition it into a full GBE playdate game.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Disgaea 5. I'd be happy with a quick look

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Bayonetta
  2. Kingdom Hearts [Vinny must have closure - someone has to give that series a chance, and also Austin's more articulate view I think could highlight the childlike sensibilities especially visible in the first game]
  3. Portal 2 (multiplayer) [many years ago Ryan implied he wanted to do a live stream of it but never did]

shotodrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The Legacy of Kain series!

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#536  Edited By mikemcn

next time... how about... Mount and Blade!

It's so loveably janky! So much horse archery!

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bassguy: Oh wow, thanks. I don't remember seeing this at all when I went back through the archive of TNT videos; but clearly I just missed it. It's always crazy to see a video with Ryan (and Patrick too) that I had missed... Also, Patrick being there 4 YEARS ago - it feels like he only joined a few months ago and left yesterday

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@dixavd: NP. I'm glad you get a little unexpected bonus Ryan. :-)

Theidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sega genesis version of Shadowrun, would be cool. But almost everything could be entertaining with the Beast crew.

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

craft beer and indie games corner!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocalcannibal said:

Yay, Life is Strange! I really hope you guys transition it into a full GBE playdate game.

Yeah, I hope they pull a GBE Playdate for the rest of Life Is Strange, and maybe use this community poll of what they should play for other games that are less of a long-term time investment. If they keep doing a weekly vote, and the community keeps voting for Life Is Strange until it's finished, then I think people might get kind of salty that it's a "choice" where the community just goes with whatever game already has momentum. They'd probably swallow it better if GB East just siphoned Life Is Strange off into their current GB East Playdate slot, then opened up the voting for other things.

SonicBoyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More life is strange, yo. It'll take them a couple of months to go through the whole thing if the community wants them to keep going (if they keep exploring at the same rate, which they should) but, as has been mentioned, the game does get progressively more interesting.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continue with Life is strange.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid Icarus (OG), Splatterhouse (OG) , Splatterhouse Wanpku Graffiti, Tomba, and Snatcher.

The 5 main gaming necessities to any gaming diet.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

As much as I love Life is Strange, I won't watch a livestream of it. MAYBE it would be a good idea to do with that game exactly what you did with Bioshock Infinite with the 'Infinite spoilers' video. Have everybody except 1 person finish that game, and then stream/record that person finishing the game for the first time with commentary from the others who finished it, though, LIS is set to have more than 1 ending so I don't know.

I would watch you guys continue playing SOMA after where you left off from the quicklook, that was really interesting and awesome to me.

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546  Edited By Nime

@bisonhero: Yeah that's kind of my worry. I'm fine with Life is Strange - it's a good game that makes a good playthrough series, I'm just kind of bummed if it's all that comes out of this feature idea for the next two months. I hope they just siphon it off into the next playdate series and then try some other things with Choose Our Own Adventure.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nime said:

@bisonhero: Yeah that's kind of my worry. I'm fine with Life is Strange - it's a good game that makes a good playthrough series, I'm just kind of bummed if it's all that comes out of this feature idea for the next two months. I hope they just siphon it off into the next playdate series and then try some other things with Choose Your Own Adventure.

Yeah, the boundaries of Choose Your Own (Our Own?) Adventure are kinda nebulous. If we exclude Life Is Strange from the voting, then Phantasmagoria 2 will just win, which is itself another 2-3 part GBE Playdate in length, I assume. The original Phantasmagoria was a hell of a video (or two videos), and I remember it being like 4 hours long. There's no way they want to keep committing to FMV games/adventure games that the community then expects them to come back to and finish.

This voting thing would be a cool way to do bonus Quick Looks of games that got overlooked, since you only have to commit to the one session of that game, but the community is probably largely going to want Endurance Runs of games.

Chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548  Edited By Chicken008
RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably already been mentioned but I'd love a regular Hearthstone feature on the site

Monty_vaca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@vocalcannibal said:

Yeah, I hope they pull a GBE Playdate for the rest of Life Is Strange, and maybe use this community poll of what they should play for other games that are less of a long-term time investment. If they keep doing a weekly vote, and the community keeps voting for Life Is Strange until it's finished, then I think people might get kind of salty that it's a "choice" where the community just goes with whatever game already has momentum. They'd probably swallow it better if GB East just siphoned Life Is Strange off into their current GB East Playdate slot, then opened up the voting for other things.

Yeah, I hope they do this. I really want the series to continue and for them to play through the whole thing, and I'll continue to vote for it if that's the only way we'll see more of it. But it would be cooler just to commit to the play through as a Playdate and allow something new to be voted in to the "Choose Our Own Adventure!" slot, that's assuming the plan is for COOA and the Playdates to run at the same time. Not sure if they said that's what they are thinking.