going to buy a wii, any suggestions (should i or should i not)

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mugugipan

For about a year I have been drooling over super mario galaxy.
Now that I have played banjo kazooie nuts and bolts, I have to say I want a wii even more. I know its just one game but damn if it doesnt look good. Any suggestions are welcome.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Well, Galaxy is incredible. I would recommend not gietting a system for one game, but it's only 250$, and it is Mario Galaxy. I'd recommend it, since there are quite a few other games coming out that may tickle your fancy, but that's a looooooooong list.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

How has playing Banjo Nuts N Bolts made you get a Wii more? Just wondering.....I totally think there are plenty of good purchases elsewhere to not warrant the purchase of a Wii anytime soon/ever, but then again, I hate the Wii and everything about it. But honestly, in terms of new good games, they definitely aren't on the Wii, but everywhere else.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac
pause422 said:
"How has playing Banjo Nuts N Bolts made you get a Wii more? Just wondering.....I totally think there are plenty of good purchases elsewhere to not warrant the purchase of a Wii anytime soon/ever, but then again, I hate the Wii and everything about it. But honestly, in terms of new good games, they definitely aren't on the Wii, but everywhere else."
Your fanboyism shows brightly, pause. Purchasing a Wii now would mean getting the entire catalogue from the past two years. There's quite a few good games there.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By pause422

Fanboyism only makes sense if one is a fanboy of one system and says shit about others for no reason what so ever, and is completely illogical. I am a fanboy of no system, and I have a reason for not liking the Wii, many actually. As I stated though I referred to, especially recently and upcoming, all games that are big at the moment are coming out for everything else that isn't the Wii, therefor if he really wanted one, I just think its best to wait a while(he started the topic and asked for peoples input, so no input is wrong. Everyone has their opinion)  You never do anything but troll things anyway ark, so I have no actual words aimed at you other than explaining your mistake, nothing else needed to say.

My wondering why Banjo Nuts N Bolts made you think of the Wii though still stands Mug, assuming you know that Rare is owned by microsoft so that isn't going anywhere else. Or is it just cuz it used to be on the N64?

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By mordecaix7

Still trying to figure out how you're playing Banjo & Kazooie Nuts & Bolts on something OTHER than a 360.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
mordecaix7 said:
"Still trying to figure out how you're playing Banjo & Kazooie Nuts & Bolts on something OTHER than a 360.

"
I think he meant that his thirst for platformers has resurged after playing Banjo Kazooie. Cmon guys, it's not that hard . . .
CaptainScarLeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By CaptainScarLeg

Go for it.

• Super Mario Galaxy
  • Metroid Prime 3
  • Twilight Princess
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Those are just the games I can think of off the top of my head, I would say that makes it worth getting a Wii.
It's probably worth Galaxy alone, especially if you're a fan of the series.
mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By mordecaix7
Arkthemaniac said:
I think he meant that his thirst for platformers has resurged after playing Banjo Kazooie. Cmon guys, it's not that hard . . ."
I dunno....it could be hax0rs!  ;)
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I wouldn't. Galaxy is a great game (even though I prefer Super Paper Mario much more) but the Wii just doesn't offer much more and most of it's top games have low replayability. My opinion may not change your mind, but just prepare for disappointment.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By Atlas

I've sort of been considering this as well. Mostly because aside from Galaxy, I'd love to play Twilight Princess, No More Heroes and Okami. But that's still quite a lot of money for four games. Then again, there's always eBay, and the console is still pretty damn cheap. I guess it's just a question of value for money and available cash. The trick in these situations is always to think it through carefully, and maybe write down some thoughts. Try to make the decision with your head, as well as your heart.

Or failing that, just flip a coin. That's how I decided to stay a man.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I would not recommend getting a Wii. I've only played two games on the Wii extensively and that's Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. While both were amazing, it's not worth the $250.

If you already have a PS3 or a 360, you should be fine.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Emilio

Do it! There's a good amount of games and some really nice WiiWare titles.