Halo 2 & 3 are overrated but Halo Combat Evolved isn't overrated?

• 61 results
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By crunchUK
Soap said:
"Fosssil said:
"Soap said:
"Halo = geniunely awesome game, really well made.
Halo 2 = Ctrl C, Ctrl V.
Halo 3 = Ctrl C, Ctrl V, then add lighting effects.

The game is practically unchanged from the first, which for it's time was amazing. Personally though I don't think it fits well with more modern games such as COD4.

But, of course this is just my opinion and therefor will be cut down by some fanboi accusing me of riding some form of Halo related hate transport."
Actually, that's highly incorrect. On the surface, Halo is Halo; but, the differences between the gameplay of the three games, from a multiplayer standpoint, are enormous.

I don't feel like writing an essay on the subject (since I already have), but let me just say that if Halo 3 were an actual copy/paste of Halo 1's gameplay, yet it also included its current features and online play, threads like this one questioning its quality or suggesting that it is "overrated" would never see the light of day."
Right ok, well I don't play Multiplayer and here is another problem I always have with the series. From a single player stand point I saw very little to no improvement throughout the series, and surely a game that got such high ratings as this can't be justified purely on it's Multiplayer. For the scores it got, it should have been a well rounded package all the way through, which it wasn't"
well then you're missign half the package to judge it on ¬_¬
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#52  Edited By Soap
crunchUK said:
"Soap said:
"Fosssil said:
"Soap said:
Halo 2 = Ctrl C, Ctrl V.

The game is practically unchanged from the first, which for it's time was amazing. Personally though I don't think it fits well with more modern games such as COD4.

But, of course this is just my opinion and therefor will be cut down by some fanboi accusing me of riding some form of Halo related hate transport."
Actually, that's highly incorrect. On the surface, Halo is Halo; but, the differences between the gameplay of the three games, from a multiplayer standpoint, are enormous.

I don't feel like writing an essay on the subject (since I already have), but let me just say that if Halo 3 were an actual copy/paste of Halo 1's gameplay, yet it also included its current features and online play, threads like this one questioning its quality or suggesting that it is "overrated" would never see the light of day."
Right ok, well I don't play Multiplayer and here is another problem I always have with the series. From a single player stand point I saw very little to no improvement throughout the series, and surely a game that got such high ratings as this can't be justified purely on it's Multiplayer. For the scores it got, it should have been a well rounded package all the way through, which it wasn't"
well then you're missign half the package to judge it on ¬_¬"
That still doesn't justify it's crazy high scores and ratings, COD4 has a better campaign and a better multiplayer (yeah I get that it's a different type of shooter) but yet that isn't lorded over Halo (as much as it should be anyway)
Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#53  Edited By Fosssil
Soap said:
I can't say that I disagree with you -- the overall experience and fun of the series (in my mind) has regressed noticeably with each new installment.

Sadly, I think that Halo 1 was just a fortunate mistake on Bungie's part. Their poor design decisions and gameplay tweaks for the 2nd and 3rd games were, unfortunately, completely deliberate. This disappoints me greatly, because they don't even realize that they "fixed" things that were far from broken. Based on the current trend, I have pretty low expectations for this rumored "Halo 4" that they've apparently been working on.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By crunchUK
Soap said:
"crunchUK said:
"Soap said:
"Fosssil said:
"Soap said:
Halo 2 = Ctrl C, Ctrl V.

That still doesn't justify it's crazy high scores and ratings, COD4 has a better campaign and a better multiplayer (yeah I get that it's a different type of shooter) but yet that isn't lorded over Halo (as much as it should be anyway)"
it isn't lorded over because... it's worse
Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#55  Edited By Soap
crunchUK said:
"Soap said:
"crunchUK said:
"Soap said:
"Fosssil said:
"Soap said:
Halo 2 = Ctrl C, Ctrl V.

That still doesn't justify it's crazy high scores and ratings, COD4 has a better campaign and a better multiplayer (yeah I get that it's a different type of shooter) but yet that isn't lorded over Halo (as much as it should be anyway)"
it isn't lorded over because... it's worse"
That's a matter of opinion and a poor one at that, anyway I'm done. I'm not going to get baited into arguing over a mediocre and cliché FPS, laters. 
roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By roofy
Vaxadrin said:
"For me, Halo 2 delivered excellence in all the ways I expected it to.  Halo 3 did not."
same here.

Halo 2 almost perfected the Halo formula but halo 3 stood still or even a step back.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Well I'm a big Halo fan but there are some that I prefer more than others and I can't agree with you on this one, but hey-ho lets all get aboard the train and hate on all the good games.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By wefwefasdf

I loved all three.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
crunchUK said:
"Soap said:
"Fosssil said:
"Soap said:
Halo 2 = Ctrl C, Ctrl V.

dont argue with people who haven't even played it.  It's pointless. 
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60  Edited By xruntime

Well, fact is, millions of other people enjoy the Halo series, and I will continue to enjoy every last bit of it. In my eyes, its one of the best video game series *ever*. All of you guys riding the Halo hate train are missing out.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TwoOneFive

the problem most people have, mostly people who dont really play the halo games, is that they feel as if the halo sequels never provided enough new content to make it a proper sequel worth the review scores it got. but i'll admit, halo always was and always will be some fun ass games. just that. so fun, the graphics arent top notch but are very nice and i love the gameplay. 

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Jordan23
I really dislike Halo 2, but Halo 3 is a beast.

Also, I like how Bungie has implemented Bungie.net with Halo 3.