Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By Fosssil
@crunchUK said:
" Death Streaks. Death streaks? Yes, you will now be rewarded for dying too many times in a row...
wat
"
Seriously. As if Call of Duty 4 didn't cater enough to bad players, now they're deliberately punishing good players/teams for playing well? What a joke.
Lawdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Lawdaddy

Me likey.

Lawdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Lawdaddy

To those complaining about the death streaks...do people really die 3 times in a row very often?  If they do, are they good enough to even use the death streak perk to their advantage? 

I can't remember the last time I died 3X in a row in COD4.  I can only imagine this will help people who are playing the game for their first couple hours against a bunch of guys who are good. 

I've logged in far too many hours on COD4 and a buddy of mine just picked it up.  He hates playing it online because he gets killed so fast because everyone online is far better than him.  This would actually give him a way to improve and actually tolerate getting killed a lot until he really got better.

I approve.

Dexter345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Dexter345

Thanks for this information.  I am surprised I hadn't heard about the death streaks previously.  This sounds totally awesome.   Glad I've already got mine pre-ordered.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Damien

I honestly couldn't be anymore excited for this, except cringing for all the hours it will suck away.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By Crono
Cool as always.  While it is undoubtedly just more of the same with some improvements/additions, I don't think that is a terribly bad thing.  The wait is the only problem.
hitdog867

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By hitdog867

wake me up when October ends.

StalkerDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By StalkerDan

Awesome...I like the sound of the tactical insertion. Spawning wherever you place it. Good for popping up on the enemy sides....or in glitches....Whichever come 1st. 

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By napalm

Man, if Modern Warfare 2 is the first entry into the Modern Warfare series for some players, they are going to be so fucking confused. "Killstreak... cool. I can earn points from dying? What? What is this customizable streak attack thing? I'm so confused."

asdfghasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By asdfghasdf

I'm glad they're considering lame players with the addition of death streaks. I support this. 

It can be demoralising at times when really good players that you know are way better than you keep getting rewarded, making it even tougher to be somewhat competitive in the match. 

Ideally, I'd choose to get rid of all the kill and death streaks, but that isn't going to happen.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By stinky
@Napalm said:
" Man, if Modern Warfare 2 is the first entry into the Modern Warfare series for some players, they are going to be so fucking confused. "Killstreak... cool. I can earn points from dying? What? What is this customizable streak attack thing? I'm so confused." "
streaks have been a staple in games for years.
KIDA26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By KIDA26

"The titles I saw in this demo version" 

I feel like there should have been a list of titles here... instead the paragraph just ends... without a period or anything.  wtf?

lngbrdr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By lngbrdr33

can't wait for this game...no matter the killstreaks deathstreaks new guns, prestige rewards...it will all still be super fun...see you all online!
Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#114  Edited By Jackel2072

Death Streaks! NO!!! there was already enough hand holding in MW1. if its too hot, get the fuck out of the kitchen!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By natetodamax
@skunk said:
" @natetodamax said:
" So all I have to do is die three times and I automatically have 3 times as much health as everyone else? That's fucking retarded. Also not liking the spawn point flare thing. I can basically throw it at a guy, get myself killed, and immediately spawn right next to him?  What the hell "
Naw, he said you have to die 3 times while not getting any kills of your own. This will somewhat ease the pain of the many random ways you can die in this game. Like those fuckers that throw random grenades at the sky. "
That's what I meant. Let's say I'm sniping and some idiot decides to run in front of me three times, and I kill him three times. He doesn't kill anyone. This means that the next time I see him he's probably going to kill me because he'll have a lot more health. That's just stupid, and it's going to make the game horribly unbalanced. Now, let's say by chance I manage to take him out. He threw one of those flares before he died. I'm about to continue on when, uh oh, the guy spawns right behind me and kills me.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By crunchUK
@Fosssil said:

" @crunchUK said:

" Death Streaks. Death streaks? Yes, you will now be rewarded for dying too many times in a row...
wat
"
Seriously. As if Call of Duty 4 didn't cater enough to bad players, now they're deliberately punishing good players/teams for playing well? What a joke. "
Seriously. Why not make games completely impossible to get an advantage in? How does that create any interesting game scenarios? That's like saying "oh dear that warthog is killing you an awful lot, here have a free laser" It is complete and utter shit.
Myomoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Myomoto
@natetodamax: What if you're playing team death match. Would you really like the two knuckle heads on your team who keep getting killed ending up loosing you the round?
BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#118  Edited By BawlZINmotion

One thing I've noticed about MW2One thing that stands out about the environments in MW2 is the use of colour. Infinity Ward seems to have kept  the look gritty while moving away from the 1000 shades of grey method employed by most developers. 

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#119  Edited By RHCPfan24

I don't think I need to know any more info about this game until it comes out. I am fine with what I know now. It will be awesome...end of story.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Death Streaks? What the fuck?

Avatar image for aneternalenigma
AnEternalEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By AnEternalEnigma

I can't say I'm a fan of rewarding players for sucking. Make them get better, not pander to their lack of skill.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By haggis

All the whining about death streaks is hilarious. A health bonus for 10 seconds? It's only going to be enough time for new players to find some cover. It's not going to grant any significant long-term advantage. Just breathing room. I'll tell you, I know a few people who quit playing because the gap between their skills and those who had played for years was simply too wide. Getting killed three times in a row *is* pretty rare, unless you're a beginner who wanders into the wrong crowd. That's not easy to do. With any hope, the perk only works with low leveled players.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By crunchUK
@haggis said:
" Getting killed three times in a row *is* pretty rare,"
You need to play a game that isn't call of duty.
sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124  Edited By sixpin
@crunchUK: Funny thing... the topic is Call of Duty.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

YOU SONS OF BITCHES! you better have a public beta or public demo IW! we want to play this game now!!!

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Cheapoz

Jugganaught's not an issue for good players. 

Good players only play Hardcore.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@Cheapoz said:
" Jugganaught's not an issue for good players.  Good players only play Hardcore. "
hence why its not an issue, otherwise juggernaut is the most overpowered perk, since stopping power doesn't counter balance it which is stupid.
I can't count how many times ive killed someone with stopping power only to lose cause then another person has juggernaut.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#128  Edited By giyanks22

Cannot wait

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is the Taliban the opfor in the Afghan maps?

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Fosssil
@crunchUK said:

" Seriously. Why not make games completely impossible to get an advantage in? How does that create any interesting game scenarios? That's like saying "oh dear that warthog is killing you an awful lot, here have a free laser" It is complete and utter shit. "

Exactly. When are developers going to stop coddling new players at the expense of the established veterans? As much as I may rag on Bungie for making the Halo games progressively more casual-friendly over the years, what IW is doing to the skill gap in CoD is much, much worse. 

@haggis said:

" All the whining about death streaks is hilarious. A health bonus for 10 seconds? It's only going to be enough time for new players to find some cover. It's not going to grant any significant long-term advantage. Just breathing room. I'll tell you, I know a few people who quit playing because the gap between their skills and those who had played for years was simply too wide. Getting killed three times in a row *is* pretty rare, unless you're a beginner who wanders into the wrong crowd. That's not easy to do. With any hope, the perk only works with low leveled players. "

I can think of a few scenarios where it won’t just provide “breathing room” for bad players. What would your reaction be if you emptied a whole clip into someone with 3X health in an attempt to bring them down, just to have one of their more skilled teammates come up and kill you while you reload? That ammo could have been conserved, and a good player could have gotten two or three kills on normal opponents, but instead they’re handicapped simply because their opponent can barely hold the controller properly. Also, not to be judgmental, but you have to be pretty horrible at shooters to get discouraged by the level of challenge in CoD4’s online mode. While you may know people who quit because the game was too challenging, I know plenty of people who quit because the game didn’t do enough to reward skill.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By TwoOneFive

does no one else think the free extra health for a death streak can be exploited.  
imagine doing it on purpose and getting triple health boost and then WHAM you just start mowing dudes down and they're all like "WTF JUGGERNAUT!?" 

skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By skunk
@natetodamax said:
" @skunk said:
Naw, he said you have to die 3 times while not getting any kills of your own. This will somewhat ease the pain of the many random ways you can die in this game. Like those fuckers that throw random grenades at the sky. "
That's what I meant. Let's say I'm sniping and some idiot decides to run in front of me three times, and I kill him three times. He doesn't kill anyone. This means that the next time I see him he's probably going to kill me because he'll have a lot more health. That's just stupid, and it's going to make the game horribly unbalanced. Now, let's say by chance I manage to take him out. He threw one of those flares before he died. I'm about to continue on when, uh oh, the guy spawns right behind me and kills me. "
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree. This is going to be just as bad as Juggernaut and it's going to enrage a lot of people. 3 times health is fucked.
crushed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By crushed
@TwoOneFive said:

" does no one else think the free extra health for a death streak can be exploited.  imagine doing it on purpose and getting triple health boost and then WHAM you just start mowing dudes down and they're all like "WTF JUGGERNAUT!?"  "

Wasting 3 lives for 10 seconds of extra health, which will be gone by the time you reach the enemy? Seems like a pointless "strategy" to me.

And hilarious how people say that COD4 punishes skill. Once one team gets a streak going in COD4, the match is over, the kills will just keep on coming.
dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By dunc12
@rargy said:
"

" The titles I saw in this demo version "

Sentence isn't finished? "
yea really, maybe his paste button didnt work

i'm actually getting more and more excited for this, november needs to get here a tad quicker
Fritzerbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Fritzerbacon

AH!! The more I hear about MW2 the more I wanna play it. My pre-order cant come fast enough (or the release date!)

diggity_dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#136  Edited By diggity_dan

I AM FULLY ERECT FOR MW2

[ASIDE] 
We need to chill out about the potential game balance issues/death streaking until the game is actually out.
 IW spends a TON of time play testing this shit, I'm sure they accounted for this stuff. 
My guess is that the death streaking won't be nearly as annoying as martyrdom, which sadly, is back in MW2.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By stephengotlost

I like the death streaks. It can get frustrating when you're in a random match and going against a clan filled with level 10 prestiges.

Creelow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Creelow

The most abstract but perhaps coolest piece of equipment I saw was the tactical insertion, which looks like a typical flare...       

When I read that,  I was like no freaking way they would put something like that in the game. Then I read further.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#139  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yet again, people complaining about balance in a game that isn't out yet.

ErikFranco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By ErikFranco

This and Uncharted 2 is going to take over my life.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Ben_H

The game itself sounds fun.  The prospect of playing with 12 year olds yelling racial slurs at me does not.

I can't even play COD4 anymore (on PC) because I get sworn at every time I kill someone.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By crunchUK
@Fosssil said:
" @crunchUK said:

" Seriously. Why not make games completely impossible to get an advantage in? How does that create any interesting game scenarios? That's like saying "oh dear that warthog is killing you an awful lot, here have a free laser" It is complete and utter shit. "

Exactly. When are developers going to stop coddling new players at the expense of the established veterans? As much as I may rag on Bungie for making the Halo games progressively more casual-friendly over the years, what IW is doing to the skill gap in CoD is much, much worse. 

"
Honestly it's not skill gap that i care about, although that does ruin the fun of being strategic and seeing it work... It's that by evening out advantages you just make the game hopelessly bland and horrible.  Which COD4 already did to an extent.

And off topically if you think halo 3 is casual friendly, you have not played enough big team, or at least big team in full parties. Squad battle + high rank + 2 full teams = woah. In fact there are about 10 MLG 50s for every squad 50. From what i remember you told me you were a 4 in squad battle, not good enough :P
nick69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#143  Edited By nick69

Sounds like more stacked on the cod 4 mp, which is fine with me.

Smarter_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Smarter_Martyr

I like when people make long ass paragraph size comments. Who will read your opinion on an opinion? I just ate some good food. Pasteles con arroz. Hellz yeah.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#145  Edited By meteora

This is gonna be my game of the decade. Cant' really bitch about it since it's my opinion.

Also I think the most practical use for the 3x health boost is when your spawn is being camped. It's just one of those small little things that seem minor but does a huge to push those guys out of your spawn.

COD4 is pretty fun but it pisses you off a lot if you play the game TOO seriously. Just have fun, like what all games should make you.

Avatar image for raccoonusdoodus
raccoonusdoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By raccoonusdoodus

Death streaks? 3X Health?
No.
Not getting this game.

jokingknight22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By jokingknight22

This is not only going to be game of the year, but the game of 2010 too.  I have been playing MW1 since it came out and still can't get enough of it.  It is the game that you can always go back to.
Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Media_Master

good news

Trision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Trision
@diggity_dan said:
" I AM FULLY ERECT FOR MW2 [ASIDE]  We need to chill out about the potential game balance issues/death streaking until the game is actually out.  IW spends a TON of time play testing this shit, I'm sure they accounted for this stuff.  My guess is that the death streaking won't be nearly as annoying as martyrdom, which sadly, is back in MW2. "
My thoughts exactly.
thegriefer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By thegriefer

so when is the beta?