Happy 15th Birthday Playstation, Best moments anyone

halocursed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By halocursed

Well today is playstation's 15th birthday (released today in Japan) . I thought we could celebrate it hear in the forums by sharing the best moments you shared with that awesome console. 
Even you Xbox fanboys(I own a Xbox too and look at my profile name), there is nothing to be ashamed  of. 
Anyone remember this   

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I remember when I first got my original Playstation, and spent a lot of time messing around with the T-Rex tech demo.  It looked so amazing back then.
I also have a lot of memories of staying up late at a friends house playing every single Net Yaroze game that they used to include on the Playstation Demo discs.

And of course, it was the system that introduced me to games like the Legacy of Kain, Final Fantasy, Grand Thef Auto, Tekken and so forth..

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Playing the original RE, a memory i'll never forget.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

Happy Birthday PS1. Without you I wouldn't have played some of the best games in my life. And best of all, mine still works. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Watching my cousin play Resident Evil 3 and Silent Hill were some awesome memories.

dutch42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By dutch42

first getting home with the thing and busting out ridge racer, my buddy from accross the street came over and was fairly green eyed as at the time he had and old ass NES. I'm pretty sure that was topped by playing MGS on it for the first time though.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Diamond

It's hard to go into this because there are so many memories.

The Namco support over the years was really different.  Namco going from an obscure arcade developer to high tier console developer.
The strong Sony/partly Sony developed games, Warhawk, Twisted Metal, Jumping Flash, Minna no Golf series, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and recently the Uncharted series
The interesting, unique Japanese developer support, King's Field, Nippon Ichi games, all those JRPGs, modern stuff like Demon's Souls, Noby Noby Boy, and Valkyria Chronicles
The debut of high profile series like the 3D GTA games, Resident Evil...

I think over the years the combination of strong niche and 1st party support is always what made the Playstation systems special.

In terms of my personal experiences it's also too much to list, but all those early PS1 experiences were amazing.  The Metal Gear Solid series entries were always memorable.

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GeneralMojo_786

I still got my ps1 :p
Ahhh good memories :)
i remember playing Tekken for the first time, man the hours i out into that, once Tekken2 came out with that freaking badass intro, i got seriously draged into the series, i think the games have lost its quality touch after Tekken4
oh well :(
also playing Wipeout was bluddy awesome
and you cant forget playing Crash Bandicoot and Crash Team Racing, those two games were godly!!!!

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thecleric

RE1, RE2, Tekken 2, Megaman Legends 1 & 2, Symphony of the Night, Mickey's Wild Adventure, Brave Fencer Musashi, Strider, Rival Schools, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.  

Not my favorite system, but I dug some PS1. It was, to me though, when Japanese games peaked, and I've felt they've barreled downwards since then, and everyone else has gone up.

skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By skidd

Really wish I hadnt traded in my old PS1...it was my first ever console, absolutely loved it. First game I ever bought for it was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, played that thing to death! Also spent waaaay too much time playing Spyro 2 as well...

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Walking out of the store with a Playstation and a copy of MGS.

Happy days.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By FrankCanada97

I played the hell out of the Crash Bandicoot series on the PS1, but then Naughty Dog stopped producing it. I also played Gran Turismo 1 and 2 for a very long time.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By foggel

Man, so many memories. I don't remember the name of the game, but Megaman in 3D was a blast. The Final Fantasy games. Resident Evil (and Dino Crisis lol). TEKKEN 3!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By MysteriousBob

I think this is appropriate. Includes memories from Jeff and Brad. I love the PSX, my second console ever.

the_stig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the_stig

I remember my two PS1's fondly.  I bought my first one right when it came out and about 2 years later it ended up dying.  Once it died I traded it in for a Gameboy Pocket and bought another new PS1.  The second one died shortly before the launch of the PS2.  When it first came out I was the only one of my friends with one so I had to take everywhere with me.  The games were just sucked so much of my time especially Twisted Metal 1 & 2, MGS, NFS, Gran Turismo, Destruction Derby and so many others.  It probably is my favorite console.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ravensword

I towuld probaly be Twisted Metal 3. Me and my friend would always paly that after we got home from school, Found all the little secrets and Unlockables.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ninjakiller

I can say l own every one of those games in that commercial.  God I feel old. 

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By beargirl1

I will never forget that day I got that Playstation. me and my bro spent all night playing Crash II / Spyro II / Toy Story 2.  
@foggel: That would be Mega Man Legends. one of my absolute favorites on the PS1.  

I remember when me and my bro wanted to rent Dino Crisis, but they didn't have it so instead we rented DRIVER. we ended up buying the full game because it was so much damn fun :) 

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ninjakiller
@Abyssfull said:
" Playing the original RE, a memory i'll never forget. "
Same.  The first zombie eating that guy in the pool of blood with the cutscene.  The zombie didn't even do anything just start walking towards me, and I just about shit my pants.   Course after the 4th play-through pop off his head with the ?eagle? 1 shot and he's done.  The speed rush competitions me and my friend would have, who could beat the game with the fastest time.  

Also Battle Arena To Shin Din.  I bought my psx like 1 week after launch after seeing my friend play that game. I bought myself a copy of the game as well.   "Why'd you buy BATSD? I would have let you borrow it in a couple weeks or so."
All I could say was "No, I need to play it now!"
Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Damian

Without the PS1 I may very well have hung up my gaming cap forever because after my obsession with Nintendo (NES and SNES specifically) faded at around grade 7, and my obsession with girls started, I began falling for the perception that gaming was only for juveniles or geeks. But when my older brother sold off his (blasphemous) Sega collection and brought home the PS1 all that changed quickly.

My all-time favourite PS1 game is easily Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. 
Others brought instantly to mind:  Soul Reaver, Bushido Blade, Tenchu, MGS, Syphon Filter and Time Crisis.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MysteriousBob
@ninjakiller said:
 Also Battle Arena To Shin Din."
I must have missed that one. Is it anything like Battle Arena Toshinden?
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Rowr

I bought mine for 100 bucks off my older brother, he got pirated copies of tony hawk and ape escape for me. Good times.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ninjakiller
@MysteriousBob said:
" @ninjakiller said:
 Also Battle Arena To Shin Din."
I must have missed that one. Is it anything like Battle Arena Toshinden? "
Come here whippersnapper. 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By Claude

Turning the damn thing upside down, so I could play Silent Hill.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShaunassNZ

The GTA's

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Xeiphyer
@halocursed said:

"Even you Xbox fanboys(I own a Xbox too and look at my profile name), there is nothing to be ashamed  of. "

I see you are new.. never type anything like that ever or I will beat you up on the internet. Real bad! with letterz 'n shit.
Seriously though, we pretty fanboy resistant here, so don't support,acknowledge, or antagonize them, surely there are some lurking here somewhere.

Also i'm not sure if this topic is too similar to the other one, its probably fine. I think.

EDIT: Also, I should actually answer the topic haha. My best moments were probably finishing Final Fantasy 7 and discovering how good RPGs can be. 

Also also, I can still remember how the open tray button feels.. ahh sweet memories!.
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GunnBjorn

I remember buying it with no games what-so-ever. 
Installed it at home and was entertained for hours with the demo games on DemoDisc1. 
And then it occurred to me to watch the 'Tech-Demo's'... 
I... was... spellbound...  

And this one... 

Wow man, great memories! 
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Beating Metal Gear Solid is my greatest Playstation memory.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30  Edited By Cube

Playing Crash Bandicoot is my best memory.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShadowKing7

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2...so many hours and weekends spent on that game.
halocursed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By halocursed
@Xeiphyer: Please don't beat me up and yes I am new here. BTW whats wrong in being a fanboy anyways (they are sooner or later going to be accepted by society just like .....)
Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

My brother and I played way too much Bushido Blade.
It only got worse when Bushido Blade 2 came out.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

I'm so excited I put it as my profile picture this morning!

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rawrz
@Emandudeguyperson said:
" Beating Metal Gear Solid is my greatest Playstation memory. "
This. I was young and that game at the time seemed  hard.  I dunno if it actually was or if it was just cuz I was young at the time but still. I was totally happy to see the end of it. Too bad years later MGS2 would disappoint me since I could beat it in like 14 hours and it seemed rather easy.
hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hatking

@halocursed:
Mostly fanboy is considered a very negative term.  You do not seem to be a fanboy at all.  A fanboy being somebody void of rational thought and hates every other system than their own for no better reason other than they don't own it.  You can be an Xbox fan without being a fanboy.  I myself am a pretty big 360 fan, but I am by no means a fanboy, I totally respect other systems and admit there will be a point in time where I'll own them. 

On topic though, I have a bunch of fond Playstation memories:      

• Playing GTAIII at a friends house, at the time being "too young"  to play the game.
  • Metal Gear Solid 2, the first M rated game my parents knowingly let me buy.  I spent a ton of time playing this game.
  • My first time to ever play TimeSplitters 2.  This is a game I would fall in love with and play many, many hours... in fact I still play the TimeSplitters series from time to time.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Red12b
@Diamond said:
 The strong Sony/partly Sony developed games, Warhawk, Twisted Metal, Jumping Flash, Minna no Golf series, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and recently the Uncharted series 
You forgot Crash Bandicoot dude, 
My best memories are from Crash Bandicoot 3 warped.