Hate towards the other Whiskey Media sites.

• 118 results
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I noticed this a lot during the chat for The BLLSL and even in some in the discussions about the subscription service. I mean I understand if you only care about giantbomb and don't visit the other sites because they don't interest you, but seeing comments like "Fuck Comic Vine" and "No one cares about these other people" and "Giantbomb needs to distance themselves from these hangers on" really makes me mad. 

Why the hate guys? Can't we all just get along? I'm hoping that these comments are just a vocal minority and that most of the Giantbomb community is better then this.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

Dude, just ignore those idiots, if you ignore them, they will actually go away

BenX02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BenX02

I agree. All of the sites are awesome.  

Will, Norm, Babs, Rorie, and Alex are all my buds. (Not actually, I don't know them, but you know what I mean.)

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By trophyhunter

Maybe if you don't hate springs so much that wouldn't happen.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Coombs

people are jerks, 
But there is a reason here, GB is the only one of the whiskey sites I care about,  
Tested is ok but the other sites hold NO interest for me,  
Yet my subscription fee is being given to all of these sites even though I have no desire to giving anything to a site I don't use

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60

Yup, that was one of the many annoying/pathetic things about Giant Bombs chat.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Ignore the chat.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mazik765

Because a lot of people on the internet like to be tools and don't like to think.

Avatar image for chris_stranges@
chris_stranges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By chris_stranges

Screened and Tested (along with GB, of course) all have links at the top of my browser.  I enjoy their content.

The other two I have no real opinion on.  Neither comics nor anime are my thing...

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tsolless

I'm going to be looking around at Screened and Tested over the next few days. No interest in comics and even less for anime though.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I find it stupid too. 

I wonder if the other sites are having the same conversation.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf

All the other sites are great. All the losers of the Giant Bomb community come with any sign of controversy.

Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People detest change, when they moved to the warehouse or w/e it is they are working in. They started focusing alot on whiskey media as a whole instead of giant bomb for some inexplicable reason. I just find it an awful lot to assume that every single viewer is going to be interested in every single whiskey media site.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
@griefersstolemykeyboard: I don't think every viewer needs to. But thats no excuse for some people to be assholes.
SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SquirrelGOD

The only problem I had at all with the BLLSL was that Comic Vine was dragging it down.  It would be REALLY entertaining and funny, but then they'd cut to the Comic Vine guys and it was obvious that they didn't put too much thought into what to do for the show.  Most people don't have anything against the actual website or the staff  It was just that they did not bring it today, and that reflects poorly on their portion of Whiskey Media.  I mean, really...the reading comics thing?  There's no defending that (even if you're one of the dipshits that wouldn't shut the fuck up about how hot you think Sara is).

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By CL60
@SquirrelGOD said:

" The only problem I had at all with the BLLSL was that Comic Vine was dragging it down.  It would be REALLY entertaining and funny, but then they'd cut to the Comic Vine guys and it was obvious that they didn't put too much thought into what to do for the show.  Most people don't have anything against the actual website or the staff  It was just that they did not bring it today, and that reflects poorly on their portion of Whiskey Media.  I mean, really...the reading comics thing?  There's no defending that (even if you're one of the dipshits that wouldn't shut the fuck up about how hot you think Sara is). "

Just because YOU personally didn't find it interesting/entertaining, doesn't mean it wasn't interesting/entertaining.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By lordofultima
@SquirrelGOD: They're a website about comics, what would you have them do? That's like saying, OH CMON GIANT BOMB, PLAYING GAMES ON THE STREAM?! RIDICULOUS!
Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
@SquirrelGOD:
Anyone willing to show off how terrible X-Force is gets a free pass from me.  Few comics have ruined so much so fast.
carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By carlthenimrod

Thing vs. Hawkeye was pretty hilarious.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LiquidSwords

Had to leave the GB chat and watch it on the Screened stream. When did GB Community become  /b/?

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tsolless

I feel so left out. I had to work.

Any chance that is was/will be archived?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MethodMan008

I love Norm and Will but I don't really care about PC stuff....  I love Super Heroes but don't read comics at all...  I like a few movies but I'm not a big fan but any measure...  I hate anime. 

All in all I will check out Tested and ComicVine...  I don't really need a new expensive hobby, but comics could be interesting maybe..

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I just checked the other websites and none of them are acting nearly as bitchy.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jace

@SquirrelGOD said:
" The only problem I had at all with the BLLSL was that Comic Vine was dragging it down.  It would be REALLY entertaining and funny, but then they'd cut to the Comic Vine guys and it was obvious that they didn't put too much thought into what to do for the show.  Most people don't have anything against the actual website or the staff  It was just that they did not bring it today, and that reflects poorly on their portion of Whiskey Media.  I mean, really...the reading comics thing?  There's no defending that (even if you're one of the dipshits that wouldn't shut the fuck up about how hot you think Sara is). "

This times a trillion. The comic vine section was done super poorly, and I loved everything else, and I like comics. But their section was just straight up bad.
tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tsolless

As to the chat being bad it just has to do with the size of the userbase.

The larger the userbase is, the more bad apples there are. Bad apples attract other bad apples and repel good apples. Good apples have no effect on bad apples and are less likely to attract other good apples than the bad apples are to repel good apples. It's the way of the internet. Not that I advocate the site but one can see the same principle working out on 4chan. /b/ is absolutely rotten, but some of the small boards can be helpful in their own "field".

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Novyx
@Jace: I thought it was pretty rough, too, but that just made me check the CV chat, and the guys on there were loving it. If you think about it, comics by nature don't play well on camera, so it's about what the people watching like, and that puts them in a tough spot. I just took their segments as an opportunity to grab food, instead of sitting there and bitching.
MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MiniPato

Eh, I stayed on the Screened chat. The less people there are, the less I am distracted from the actual stream by bitchy internet people. The Screened chat was chill.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
@tsolless said:
" I feel so left out. I had to work.  Any chance that is was/will be archived? "

It better be.  I won't be able to sleep at night unless I know I can watch John Drake dancing while Jeff sings Snoop Dog anytime I want.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I don't hate other sites, however I do feel a bit indifferent about tested.com, there is a strong pro mac sentimentality there I don't agree with. However yes everyone uses a mac there, however the majority of the ppl in the world use windows. I am more interested in stories about pc gaming and less about how it's mac and stuff.  

Comic vine, i'm an artist, I can just draw super heros and post there no problem at least. Anime vice, I don't know, I don't watch as much anime as I used to, just use a anime female avatar and you'll fit right in. For screened.com, I never really visted it.

edge426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By edge426

haters always be hating.

Zinc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Zinc

I love most of the Whiskey sites. The only Whiskey website that I'm not a member of is Anime Vice, just because I'm not into it. I don't consider myself a tech and comic book kind of guy, but I have started to get into them recently. Tested and Comic Vine are just fueling my fandom. They don't have the same level of personality as Giant Bomb, but they are still enjoyable websites.

NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NZV

I'm not about to start spewing hate comments in the chat, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd rather just have more Giant Bomb. It's the only site of the group that covers material that I'm really at all interested in. And while the other site's crews are definitely some cool people, they just don't have that sense of humor that keeps me coming to GB.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rawrnosaurous

The thing is that it's usually the minority that you hear or see the most. We may have seen a lot of comments about insulting the other whiskey media sites, there were how many people watching the stream and in the chat room? Which comments stick out to you more the comments insulting the other sites or the comments actually talking about whats happening. 

To be completely honest, I don't really go to the other sites but I really had no problem with the content they were bringing. Except for that last segment comic vine did, that seriously was hard to watch it wasn't the fault of the comic vine crew though more along the lines of the people that weren't part of the site.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By Brendan

Just abide by my rule of never taking part in live chat rooms of any kind.  You will feel younger, smarter, more relaxed.  It's much nicer.
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Damien

Same thing was being said in the other sites' chats, so calm down.  The feelings are mutual.

pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By pbhawks45

Comic Vine was garbage. They had at least a month (probably more) to come up with something entertaining, and they did TRIVIA. The lowest of low. That's what you do when you are a 2nd grade teacher. They were pathetic. A WHOLE MONTH. And the best idea they can come up with is FUCKING TRIVIA.

BoomSnapClap13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BoomSnapClap13

Not really a big fan of the other sites, but I Love all the people affiliated with Whiskey Media. And thats enough to spread the love ^-^

ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ethan

Stop the hate. Make the love.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jace
@Novyx:  

I wasn't bitching, everytime I heard the words "comic vine" uttered, I muted that shit and did some work
cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By cooljammer00

The Tested chat room was pretty rad.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
@Dany said:
" Dude, just ignore those idiots, if you ignore them, they will actually go away "
this x1000
sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sparklykiss
@carlthenimrod said:
"  Thing vs. Hawkeye was pretty hilarious. "
It was so good. 

And I was in the Screened chat most of the time. Sure, GiantBomb is my favorite. But a 6 minute cooldown when all people wanted to talk about was how they found Comic Vine to be boring (Sadface) and how they wanted Jeff to get his 'stache back was annoying. I got tired of the whole "He should've shaved in front of usss" thing. That was a just a wee little bit creepy for my standards. This community is just silly and too huge to comprehend, oh lawdy.
Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Skogen
@LiquidSwords said:
" Had to leave the GB chat and watch it on the Screened stream. When did GB Community become  /b/? "
Funny, I did the same and had a grand 'ol time.

At least now with the medals its easier to spot the trolls. It's a visible representation of who actually cares about the site.
sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By sparklykiss
@Skogen said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
" Had to leave the GB chat and watch it on the Screened stream. When did GB Community become  /b/? "
Funny, I did the same and had a grand 'ol time. At least now with the medals its easier to spot the trolls. It's a visible representation of who actually cares about the site. "
Give me a few days, and then I'll show you! I'll... I'll show everyone! 

...I have been wanting to say something like that for awhile now. Thank you for the opportunity. /flees
Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Branthog

I don't know anything about the other sites, though I listen to the Tested podcast. Also, I don't know anything about comic books or anime and feel that there's no way I could catch up to the point that anything would mean anything to me jumping into things that are 20,000 issues or episodes into a story.

That said, it was really nice to be introduced to the seemingly great people from the other sites in the "family". I felt awful that people in the chat were being such cunts when people from Comic Vine or other places were on the show. They all seemed cool and even if I don't make regular use of their sites, I'll visit now and then and definitely appreciate that they drop in on Giant Bomb videos now and again.

Probably the only negative was that Sara chick. She sort of takes your mind off of EVERYTHING when she's on camera, the same way that it's hard to watch anything with Scarlet Johansen in it, because you spend the whole time pre-occupied with how ridiculously stunning she is. Of course, we're all used to that, because that's how we have felt about Brad all these years.

I mean, really, we're a bunch of fucking videogame nerds. Who the fuck are we to have a chip on our shoulder and act like the other geek stuff doesn't deserve the same shake our preferred content and personalities do? I wish there was some way the better side of the community could make some meaningful gesture to the others, but I know that's probably not realistic.

pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By pakx
@wasteguru: look, i love screened and tested, anime vice, though not my thing, seems fine. Comic Vine is a terrible, awful site. it is seriously one of the worst comic book sites i've ever seen. the articles are poorly written and barely informed, they only cover the lamest, most mainstream crap, if it doesn't have tights and capes, it's not worth thier time, and even within the confines of superhero comics, they have childish, idiotic arguements like "who would win in a fight?" it's embarassing. i feel ashamed as a comic book and whiskey media fan. Giant Bomb and Screened, the two sites i spend most of my time on, are great for thier editors, who speak from a level of professionalism and informed opinion unmatched. they are funny, likeable guys who know a ton about what they write about. Comic Vine is not even close to these standards. the site is a mess on basically every level. Tony and Sara don't seem like bad people, so it pains me to be so constantly frustrated and infuriated with the quality of work on the site they're responsible for.

i understand a certain level of superhero coverage is necessary, but the attitude comicvine perpetuates is the reason comics are becoming a dead medium. an inclusive, silly mass of fanboys talking about what fictional character would beat up what fictional character. that is what's wrong with comic book fans today.
s0ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By s0ck

It will go away once there parents agree to let them use there credit cards.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@pakx said:
" @wasteguru: look, i love screened and tested, anime vice, though not my thing, seems fine. Comic Vine is a terrible, awful site. it is seriously one of the worst comic book sites i've ever seen. the articles are poorly written and barely informed, they only cover the lamest, most mainstream crap, if it doesn't have tights and capes, it's not worth the time, and even within the confines of superhero comics, they have childish, idiotic arguements like "who would win in a fight?" it's embarassing. i feel ashamed as a comic book and whiskey media fan. Giant Bomb and Screened, the two sites i spend most of my time on, are great for thier editors, who speak from a level of professionalism and informed opinion unmatched. they are funny, likeable guys who know a ton about what they write about. Comic Vine is not even close to these standards. the site is a mess on basically every level. Tony and Sara don't seem like bad people, so it pains me to be so constantly frustrated and infuriated with the quality of work on the site they're responsible for. "
Wow you pretty much summed up my feelings on the Comic Vine.  I visit Tested from time to time and really love Screened but my love of anime is pretty much limited to Studio Ghibli and the more mainstream anime not geared toward children like Cowboy Bebop and Afro Samurai.
Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By fenixrevolution

I like all the other Whiskey sites, except Anime Vice due to my not watching anime very much, if at all now, but I'm going to check out their podcast just to see if I like it.