How long did it take for you to own all 3 consoles last gen?

• 113 results
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By asurastrike
  • 2007 -PS3
  • 2009 -360
  • 2011 -Wii
Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Got an Xbox 360 early in 2006. Got a PS3 when Demon's Souls was released late in 2009, I also wanted to play Infamous but wasn't willing to buy the console until Demon's Souls came out. Got a Wii on sale April 2010 just before Mario Galaxy 2.

This time I was supposed to have a PS4 last wekk Xbox One this week but my PS4 was DOA and I got a refund. So I'll have an Xbox One first assuming it's not DOA also, and then get a PS4 before Infamous comes out. Wii U, who knows. If I can get one for around $200 I'll do it.

mercutio123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I bought a Wii for 30 pounds a couple of months ago.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I still haven't bought a Wii or a Wii U and don't plan to. Even if Nintendo made an amazing console their first party titles don't really appeal to me. As sacrilegious as it is to admit, I don't really like Zelda, or Metroid and no matter how "neat" a new Super Mario game is I'm burnt out on the concept.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

• Xbox 360: January 2006 (gamestop was really shitty about not getting preorders out at launch)
  • Wii: November 2006
  • PS3: September 2008 (the price had just dropped to $450 and they finally replaced the sixaxis with the Dualshock 3)
TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I got my last one 2012. And the Wii before that was incredibly underused.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I bought the 360 and Wii at launch, but waited until MGS4 came out to buy my PS3. I ended up selling that Wii a few years ago.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Deranged

Picked up my 360 early 2006, had a Wii in 2007/2008 (can't remember) and picked up a PS3 about two months ago.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First Ps3 price drop.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A couple years. I can't remember the exact year.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deadmanforking

I got both 360 and PS3 on their launch. Got the Wii for Christmas 07.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wii and 360 at launch, PS3 maybe in '08.

360 died shortly after I got the ps3, which became my favored platform. Hoping to pick another 360 up this Xmas and all the games I've missed.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SharkEthic

Got my (first) 360 a couple of months after launch, and the PS3 a year or so after. Fuck the Wii.

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I got a Wii at launch, 360 in 2011, and ps3 in january of this year

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

360 USA day one(import to Australia), wii day one, ps3 about a year in (that bastard was $1000 AUS)

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

Last time around I got all the consoles as they launched.

I got a Wii U at launch.
And I've got an Xbox One on the way.
Gonna wait a few months until I get a PS4 though.
Until infamous is out there isn't anything there for me.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Flappy

I didn't get a PS3 until earlier this year, but I did have a Wii360 for a while. That is, until the Wii collected dust and I forced it onto a friend of mine.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

I think it was 2009. It was the Wii and I know one of the first things I played was MadWorld

I got a 360 at Xmas 2006, and a PS3 in June 2008

RangoJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RangoJames

i didn't last gen i was ps3 only but i have a ps4 and i will buy a wii u when bayonetta 2 comes out and i might buy and xbox one when the price drops/

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By fattony12000

My first Xbox 360 - December 1, 2005 (one day before launch)

Wii - December 7, 2006 (one day before launch)

PS3 (slim) - sometime during the latter half of 2009

Wii U (Wind Waker edition) - November 21, 2013

No Caption Provided

3DS XL (A Link Between Worlds edition) - November 23, 2013

No Caption Provided

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

Never got a PS3. If it drops to $100, I might buy one.

360 I got in 2007

Wii I got in 2010

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By HH

never had a Wii but i bought one for my brother the christmas they came out, got a 360 within the first year, and got a ps3 the day demon's souls came out in europe. edit: i forgot i imported the us one, so 2009.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never.

I was not stupid enough to get a Wii.

baconbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By baconbot

Got a 360 around Christmas 05. PS3 for MGS4/Blu-rays. Bought a Wii for Mario Galaxy.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got them all within a week of launch, so a week after the PS3 launch I had all three.

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ShadowKing7

I got a Wii for Christmas in 2007 because I really wanted to play Super Mario Galaxy.

I got a PS3 in February 2009 for Street Fighter 4.

I finally got a 360 in November 2012 to play the Banjo-Kazooie games on XBLA. I waited a long time because I was always worried about the Red Ring since a bunch of my friends had talked about how they went through 2, 3, or even 4 360s due to hardware failure, so I was always distrustful of Microsoft and the 360.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#77 MattyFTM  Moderator

I've never owned all three at the same time. I picked up a Wii in the January after launch (when they were still super rare and I had to jump through hoops to get one) and a 360 in late 2007. That 360 eventually red ringed. And I only just got a PS3 this year.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By jadegl

I honestly don't remember the exact dates. I know that we got our XBox 360 first. We didn't get it the first month, but it was pretty early in the cycle, mid 2006 I believe. The Playstation came later, maybe a year or so. The Wii we got after the Wii balance board was released and when they were finally available at our local stores. We would have gotten one sooner, but they were hard to find. That would have been the end of 2008.

So far, we only have the Playstation 4. My husband pre-ordered it months ago. I have a 3DS XL, but that's it for newer consoles. We'll get an Xbox 1 when the budget allows it (my husband really wants to play Forza) and I have no idea about a Wii U.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yukoasho said:

@historyinrust said:

I actually might buy a Wii in the next few weeks, just to catch up on some of the backlog I'd missed there. Galaxy, and the Metroid Prime stuff.

Dude, for that just get a Wii U. Full Wii compatibility and you get in on the sweet new Wii U games coming out.

Wait, really?

Had no idea the Wii U could do that. Chalking that one up to my own ignorance.

Thanks for the tip, duder!

Hurvilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wii - January 2007
Xbox 360 - September 2007
PS3 - October 2008

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By fattony12000
@historyinrust said:

@yukoasho said:

@historyinrust said:

I actually might buy a Wii in the next few weeks, just to catch up on some of the backlog I'd missed there. Galaxy, and the Metroid Prime stuff.

Dude, for that just get a Wii U. Full Wii compatibility and you get in on the sweet new Wii U games coming out.

Wait, really?

Hell yeah you can do that! My partner is playing through Xenoblade Chronicles (NG+) on our brand new Wii U right now! It's dope sick!

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#82  Edited By mclargepants

The last of the three for me to get was the PS3 when MGS4 came out, so mid 2008 I guess. But, at that point I had already ditched my 360 and I never got another one. So maybe never? Depending on how you look at the question. I got the Wii as soon as I could after launch, so that was January 2007, I think.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I did all three last generation on launch day.

EricSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the time I got my first next gen console to the last was about 14 months. I got a Wii in February 2007 (they were impossible to find!), and my PS3 in May-ish 2008 (for MGS4). I picked up my 360 in mid-late 2007 for the upcoming Halo 3. Maybe because I had to struggle to get those consoles as I didn't have a ton of money, but getting them was a whole lot more exciting than I have found the XB1/PS4/Vita/3DS to be since then. I guess it is true that humans are kinda programmed to live beyond their means.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@historyinrust said:

@yukoasho said:

@historyinrust said:

Wait, really?

Hell yeah you can do that! My partner is playing through Xenoblade Chronicles (NG+) on our brand new Wii U right now! It's dope sick!

No Caption Provided

That is very cool.

Looks like I'll be joining the next generation of consoles this winter after all.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@historyinrust: Yep. The only thing the Wii U can't do that the Wii can is play GameCube games, but you should be fine without that by now.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#87  Edited By Seppli
  • 360 at launch. Woke up the morning of. Felt compelled to drive into town and pick one up. Too bad Microsoft does launch Xbox One in Switzerland in 2014. I might just have woken up compelled by my inner demons today too.
  • PS3 after the launch of Demon's Souls (US Import). Fall of 2009. It (Demon's Souls) was everything I wanted it to be.
  • Never owned a Wii. My exposure is limited to playing 2 minutes of Red Steel on a demo kiosk setup sometime around its launch. Depending on how the Wii U library shapes up, I might get a Wii-capable device sometime in the future - now that Nintendo games don't technically look like complete poop anymore.

Long story short. Never got a Wii. So never. If the Wii U counts, maybe I'll hit the trifecta in a couple of years.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By yukoasho

@yukoasho said:

@historyinrust said:

Wait, really?

Glad to help with that. With GameCube-compatible Wiis having been phased out and GameCubes easy to find on eBay, people interested in the Wii are simply better off jumping onto the U. That said, I'd advise against getting the Zelda model. It doesn't come with the actual disc for Zelda HD, but only a download for it. Aside from being incredibly cheap on the Big N's part (and yo, it straight up is), Nintendo's download service is the worst of the three by far. Games are bound to systems instead of accounts, just like on Wii, so if you have to replace that bad boy for any reason, your digital games are gone. Full disclosure, I'm no fan of digital distribution to start with, but Nintendo's continued failure to understand the internet would make me weary even if I were.

You're better off getting the New Super Mario/Luigi U bundle (I'm assuming that comes with the games on disc?) and buying Zelda HD separate.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@yukoasho said:

I got the 360 in early 2006 IIRC, got the Wii in February 2007 and the PS3 the following month.

By contrast, I got the Wii in April of this year, got PS4 on launch and will likely not be getting an Xbone until the S remodel, if ever.

Dammit Nintendo :/

I'm not entirely sure I follow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yukoasho: @sergio: I think I've got an old GameCube kicking around in my basement, so if I get an itch for that I might be able to cover it.

Another great tip about the digital distribution system, though. I think I'm more or less sold on the Wii U.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Akyho

2010. I bought a 360 6 months after in 2007. I got a ps3 when my sis bought one in 2009. Then in 2010 my manager at work got scammed by her own daughter in a weird way which meant she had bought a Wii for £150 my sis was wanting a Wii so I said I would buy it, she said she would take 100 for it as she lost a bunch of accessories and games for it (Including Wii remote, so had to buy my own).

And thus it was completed.....and in 2010 the ps3 broke with lots of smoke. Then we all went "Wii is shit....let trade it in and get kinect." it was for my sister on her own 360. As shit as the kinect is got waaaaaaaaaaay more use than the Wii ever did.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My memory is far too terrible to remember the years I bought them in, but I got a 360 first - probably 3 years after it launched or so -, and a PS3 a year or two later. Never bought a Wii. Hell never even played with a Wii, or saw one in person. Kind of managed to avoid it entirely, weirdly enough.

As far as 'this gen', I own a 3DS and Vita, and at the moment have no intention of buying a PS4 or XB1 for at least another year or more, if even then. I might get a Wii U soon, though...

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By maginnovision

I bought a 360 about 2007, a little while after my ps3. Never bought a Wii, didn't see the point.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Guesty_01

I've never even considered not having every major home console, since I've been able to buy my own. Even if it means picking a system up as the next one is coming out, like I'm about to do with the 360. I just couldn't let the exclusive games go unplayed.

I will absolutly own the PS4, XBO and WiiU at some point. Might take me 8 years or so but I'll get there.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I tried to get a Wii at launch, but I didn't find one until around summer 2007. Boxing week 2007 was long enough to know I couldn't get by on Nintendo alone, like I had up until that point, so I bought a 360. I didn't get a PS3 until spring 2012, but now it's my main platform. PS+ Uncharted and Journey are what sold me on it.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never had a Wii, got a 360 for Gears, and got a PS3 whenever they had the 360GB Infamous 2 bundle. I guess it was 2011 because they also threw in MW3.

I almost bought this entire generation in a month. I bought a Wii U a couple weeks ago, a PS4 last Friday and had to force myself not to leave the house today because I know I would have end up coming home with an Xbox One.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#97  Edited By toowalrus

The PS3 was my last console, I believe I got it in early somewhere around mid 2010.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By elko84

Day 1 for all 3

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#99  Edited By Tireyo

I never had a system outside of Nintendo's consoles, except for the first XBOX and the Sega Genesis which isn't last gen. It probably is pathetic that I'm loyal to Nintendo, but their systems and games have brought me countless hours of entertainment.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox 360 in early 2006, Wii during that Christmas 2006 aaand PS3 Christmas 2007.