I got betrayed by a fellow Giant bomb... community?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Yukoei

A few things - 

1. I offered him if he wanted me to give him the game first but he said that there were no games he currently wanted so after I redeemed it I did not give him anything because he didn't want anything yet so I assumed there was something he wanted in the next 24 hour sale. 

2.  When he was messaging me I was not at home, steam for some reason went crazy and I could not see my friends list so I am not sure what happened when I was away. And some proof that not being able to view your friends list isn't a lie -    

No Caption Provided

It happened to him also, then to me later on. 

3. At the time I wanted the game in about 3 hours in the sale and it was not avalible in the UK or Australian store at that time, proof? 

A user posted a list of the daily sales on in the UK, here is the thread if you want to check. Here are some screenshots. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

4. I had no reason to scam him, I have over 90 games on Steam so why would I want to steal one worth $7.50 and on a site I often visit? 

I did not scam him nor was it my intention to, I went idle and couldn't see my friends list and thinking I was offline and I left. 

And Giant Bomb what you did was fucking disgusting, finding my email address and getting pictures of me? THIS IS NOT FUCKING 4CHAN, I DON'T EXCEPT PEOPLE TO POST MY PERSONAL DETAILS. And I got so much fucking hate mail for something I did NOT do. 

Just wanted to clear my name. 
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Yukoei

A few things - 

1. I offered him if he wanted me to give him the game first but he said that there were no games he currently wanted so after I redeemed it I did not give him anything because he didn't want anything yet so I assumed there was something he wanted in the next 24 hour sale. 

2.  When he was messaging me I was not at home, steam for some reason went crazy and I could not see my friends list so I am not sure what happened when I was away. And some proof that not being able to view your friends list isn't a lie -    

No Caption Provided

It happened to him also, then to me later on. 

3. At the time I wanted the game in about 3 hours in the sale and it was not avalible in the UK or Australian store at that time, proof? 

A user posted a list of the daily sales on in the UK, here is the thread if you want to check. Here are some screenshots. 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

4. I had no reason to scam him, I have over 90 games on Steam so why would I want to steal one worth $7.50 and on a site I often visit? 

I did not scam him nor was it my intention to, I went idle and couldn't see my friends list and thinking I was offline and I left. 

And Giant Bomb what you did was fucking disgusting, finding my email address and getting pictures of me? THIS IS NOT FUCKING 4CHAN, I DON'T EXCEPT PEOPLE TO POST MY PERSONAL DETAILS. And I got so much fucking hate mail for something I did NOT do. 

Just wanted to clear my name. 
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Did I miss something or something?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus
@Pie said:
" Did I miss something or something? "
There was a whole drama shit-fest last night, we've had like 3 threads locked already, and this one has about 30 seconds left.
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yukoei
@Pie said:
Just the whole community fucking me over for something I didn't do.
VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By VicRattlehead

did you not read what the moderator posted in the two threads that got locked..... keep this shit to pm's.... at the very least dont attach this boring ass dribble to the forms....

NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Insectecutor

Hmm.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Metroid545

yikes alot of forum drama while I was gone, your clear in my book already bro it was a misunderstanding

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yukoei

Fine, if the mods want to lock it I don't mind I am leaving anyway. 

I just wanted people to know.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ryax
@Pie said:
no he is still bitching about something that ended. 

no one cares anymore
Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By deathstriker666

No Caption Provided
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yukoei

I don't think you people realize how fucked this got, personal stuff of mine got posted in the thread and I got a FUCK load of hate mail.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Yukoei said:
" I don't think you people realize how fucked this got, personal stuff of mine got posted in the thread and I got a FUCK load of hate mail. "
He is right. Even if you DID scam someone. Looking up pictures of you and getting your email became real creepy on that thread. 
FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FateOfNever

Dude, let it go.  Is it a bad situation, sure.  But it's also a "he said he said" situation on how the initial gifting conversation went - You say that he said he didn't want anything and left, his original post in his thread said that as soon as you said "thanks for the game." he tried telling you what he wanted and you just stopped responding.  In that thread he himself said that he was concerned that you were going to scam him; not that you did in fact scam him, because of the way you handled the original conversation from his perspective.  

You also want to try and play the victim when you're just making a bigger deal out of it than you need to.  Other community members were even defending you in that thread, so trying to say "the whole community is against me" is just attention whoring and being melodramatic.  The Mods have even straight up said TWICE now to just drop this shit and move on.  So guess what you should probably do?  Drop this shit and move on.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RE_Player1
@Yukoei said:
" I don't think you people realize how fucked this got, personal stuff of mine got posted in the thread and I got a FUCK load of hate mail. "
1. Don't post pictures of yourself or personal things on the internet  
2. Select all the e-mails and press delete 
I'm glad I could help :)
MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By MadeinFinland

Good riddance to bad rubbish. 

Can we get this locked?

Mattalorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By Mattalorian
@Yukoei said:
And Giant Bomb what you did was fucking disgusting, finding my email address and getting pictures of me? THIS IS NOT FUCKING 4CHAN, I DON'T EXCEPT PEOPLE TO POST MY PERSONAL DETAILS. And I got so much fucking hate mail for something I did NOT do.  Just wanted to clear my name.  "
Are you serious? I think I'm going start posting here much more cautiously. I thought the Giant Bomb community was beyond that. Completely disgusting.
sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sjupp

Man, I missed some shit.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Yukoei
@FateOfNever said:
"  Dude, let it go.  Is it a bad situation, sure.  But it's also a "he said he said" situation on how the initial gifting conversation went - You say that he said he didn't want anything and left, his original post in his thread said that as soon as you said "thanks for the game." he tried telling you what he wanted and you just stopped responding.  In that thread he himself said that he was concerned that you were going to scam him; not that you did in fact scam him, because of the way you handled the original conversation from his perspective.     You also want to try and play the victim when you're just making a bigger deal out of it than you need to.  Other community members were even defending you in that thread, so trying to say "the whole community is against me" is just attention whoring and being melodramatic.  The Mods have even straight up said TWICE now to just drop this shit and move on.  So guess what you should probably do?  Drop this shit and move on. "
I have dropped it, the mods can lock it I just wanted to let the assholes who posted my personal information and that sent me a shit load of hate mail on that thread can go fuck them self.
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RE_Player1

I hate when people say Giantbomb did this to me or the community did it. No a couple of random users did it too you not Giantbomb. 

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ryax
@Yukoei said:
" @FateOfNever said:
"  Dude, let it go.  Is it a bad situation, sure.  But it's also a "he said he said" situation on how the initial gifting conversation went - You say that he said he didn't want anything and left, his original post in his thread said that as soon as you said "thanks for the game." he tried telling you what he wanted and you just stopped responding.  In that thread he himself said that he was concerned that you were going to scam him; not that you did in fact scam him, because of the way you handled the original conversation from his perspective.     You also want to try and play the victim when you're just making a bigger deal out of it than you need to.  Other community members were even defending you in that thread, so trying to say "the whole community is against me" is just attention whoring and being melodramatic.  The Mods have even straight up said TWICE now to just drop this shit and move on.  So guess what you should probably do?  Drop this shit and move on. "
I have dropped it, the mods can lock it I just wanted to let the assholes who posted my personal information and that sent me a shit load of hate mail on that thread can go fuck them self. "
so you havent dropped it?
FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FateOfNever
@Yukoei: Then you should have just told them in PMs like the mods told you to do.  Making a blog post about the situation isn't "letting it go" it's dragging it back up and putting it back in the spot light, which oddly enough isn't what you do when you've let something go.
Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lemoncookie01

seeing how things turned out,I'm glad i didn't post on the original thread.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Organicalistic_
@Ryax said:
" @Yukoei said:
" @FateOfNever said:
I have dropped it, the mods can lock it I just wanted to let the assholes who posted my personal information and that sent me a shit load of hate mail on that thread can go fuck them self. "
so you havent dropped it? "
lol, i love you ryax <3
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dany

Yeah, seeing the crap posted in that thread yesterday was beyond creepy and messed up

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Organicalistic_
@FateOfNever said:
" @Yukoei: Then you should have just told them in PMs like the mods told you to do.  Making a blog post about the situation isn't "letting it go" it's dragging it back up and putting it back in the spot light, which oddly enough isn't what you do when you've let something go. "
hahahahaha, lol
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fallen189

Stop trying to be a fucking drama queen, just get out.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By Milkman

Okay, people, it's time to move on. Just drop it.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ryax
@organicalistic_: and i love you <3
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Okay, he is gone. 

Can we get a lock? I hate internet drama.

TermlessHalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By TermlessHalo

What the hell is going on?

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

The last time I read the original topic about this it had 200+ posts, I'm going to guess most of those were of the "Yeah this guy sucks" variant.
So this isn't the most undeserved thread of all time guys.

Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fontan

Lock this, please, anyone?

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#33  Edited By ZombiePie

If you have an issue with a user then drop a PM blast with the mods. Don't start a scene on the forums because that just leads to a confrontation that no one wants.