I love no content Monday's

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DriveupLife

I've been waiting to post this for a few weeks now, hoping this perceived problem went away but it hasn't. I really feel that the content is lacking in the early week. Last year, each Monday was not the same, but at least we had an I love Monday's when I visited the site that day. I love this website, and it hurts me to see nothing to eat up content wise, one quick look and a news story doesn't do it for me.

I love our small cast, everyone does. The content they make is at all times funny and informative in the right way. But there needs to be a better balance in what goes up. I want them to stay small like everyone else but I really think the plan for what will be happening each week goes back to the way it was a few months ago. And I know they just got back from the conference schedule. This is my opinion, and i dont think I'm the only one. please don't flame this thread up about how I hate giant bomb and have it locked.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Surkov

Didn't the El Shaddai Quick Look go up today?  

But, I agree about missing I Love Mondays

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel
@Surkov said:
" Didn't the El Shaddai Quick Look go up today?"
Yes it did, actually.
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@DriveupLife said:

" I've been waiting to post this for a few weeks now, hoping this perceived problem went away but it hasn't. I really feel that the content is lacking in the early week. Last year, each Monday was not the same, but at least we had an I love Monday's when I visited the site that day. I love this website, and it hurts me to see nothing to eat up content wise, one quick look and a news story doesn't do it for me. I love our small cast, everyone does. The content they make is at all times funny and informative in the right way. But there needs to be a better balance in what goes up. I want them to stay small like everyone else but I really think the plan for what will be happening each week goes back to the way it was a few months ago. And I know they just got back from the conference schedule. This is my opinion, and i dont think I'm the only one. please don't flame this thread up about how I hate giant bomb and have it locked. "

So what do you call the quicklook that went up today? Its not " NO content" its most likely them busy or something like that. 
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wrighteous86
@Surkov said: 

" Didn't the El Shaddai Quick Look go up today?   But, I agree about missing I Love Mondays "

@The_Laughing_Man said: 

"So what do you call the quicklook that went up today? Its not " NO content" its most likely them busy or something like that.  "

@DriveupLife said: 

"  I love this website, and it hurts me to see nothing to eat up content wise, one quick look and a news story doesn't do it for me. "

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By yinstarrunner

Yeah, I've noticed it too.  So you aren't crazy.  It makes me sad.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wickedsc3

I don't miss ILM that much I mean if there is nothing really for them to put up i would rather have them spending time on stuff for later in the week than to take time out to make a pointless ILM segment.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By august

Regarding I Love Mondays: we've had some really great ones lately but the pattern seems to be that they've been going up later and later in the day until they've sort of become I Love Early Tuesday Mornings.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Romination

It makes me sad, but I understand. 
...maybe i can finally watch their panel...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Animasta

I don't even care about ILM, just put it up as a news story or something

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Daveyo520

I thought it has been fine. So what one ILMs isn't up, there have been ones in the last couple.  Sundays are the real day of nothing, but that is because they have the day off.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MiniPato
@wickedsc3 said:

" I don't miss ILM that much I mean if there is nothing really for them to put up i would rather have them spending time on stuff for later in the week than to take time out to make a pointless ILM segment. "

Honestly I'd rather they ditch TNT's and happy hour segments. It's not worth their time and energy imo. Live shows seem to tire them and has really eaten up a lot of their schedule and very rarely are the whole shows interesting. I think they're responsible for ILM's getting nixed. I would much MUCH rather they spend more time doing quick looks and mail bags (if they have stuff.) In Happy Hour segments they get rushed too much for anything meaningful and significant. As much as they say no content is being withheld for nonsubscribers, holding stuff back just to have something for the happy hour segment seems like cutting content for non-subscribers. And it's not worth it for subscribers either since, like I said, it's rushed to fit in other Whiskey segments. They really need to figure out what to give subscribers who subscribe for Screened, Tested, or Comic Vine, because I seriously doubt the Happy Hour does anything to satisfy all parties.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Seedofpower

I think ever since they did this site merger thing and having the TNT and Happy hour. I been feeling that the content on the site overall has been lacking. I remember the days of just random videos and quick look requests. Oh good times.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wrighteous86
@Daveyo520: If you guys read his post, you would see that his main point is lack of content in general on the site.  I love Giant Bomb too, but he has a point.  These days, we get the amount of Giant Bomb content in a week that we used to get in a day, and that's not much of an exaggeration. 

If you count the Happy Hour, it's a bit more even, but then you have the argument that the Happy Hour is hurting the site. 

I'm hopeful that they're in the planning stages for where to take the site in the future, and the lack of content is due to that transition, but even taking into account recent conventions and illnesses, things have been pretty slow lately.
jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By jozzy

To be honest i know what you mean, i was hoping for the content to pick up as well after the events.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By JJOR64

They do record the podcast on Mondays so that takes some time, then Ryan has to edit the thing.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By louiedog

It seems like there isn't a ton going on right now. I wish there was an ER happening. That'd give us 30+ minutes of content a day.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iamjohn

I completely agree.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By sweep  Moderator

This isn't Kotaku and it doesn't need to be. There is already one Kotaku (one too many, perhaps), and a billion other sites that post whatever irrelevant nonsense they encounter. Do you really need the Giant Bomb staff to address that that junk as well, or would you rather they spend their time creating their own quality content of a standard that you won't find anywhere else on the internet? 

The Giant Bomb forums compliment the editorial content and vice versa, but I don't think it's essential that there be an abundance of news in order to maintain a healthy community. Similarly, don't feel that because you have pledged your allegiance to the Bomb that you are forbidden from browsing elsewhere. Feel free to fraternise with whatever enemies you might encounter, then return here to tell wonderful stories of your adventures. 

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Animasta

nothing much really went up on mondays anyway, besides the aforementioned ilm and maybe a quick look, which happened.

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Surkov

Also, how can we forget, The NDX Podcast goes up on Monday nights.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EvilTwin
@louiedog said:
" It seems like there isn't a ton going on right now. I wish there was an ER happening. That'd give us 30+ minutes of content a day. "
Oh shit.  ER invoked.  Bail out of this thread now.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Slaker117

As much as I love the video content on this site and want to consume as much as possible, I'm ok with the amount they put up. If I felt like there was some major gap in the coverage I might complain, but there doesn't seem to be a lot going on right now. Though more would always be welcome.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Gabriel

Durh Endurance Run, Duurh.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wrighteous86
@Slaker117 said:

" As much as I love the video content on this site and want to consume as much as possible, I'm ok with the amount they put up. If I felt like there was some major gap in the coverage I might complain, but there doesn't seem to be a lot going on right now. Though more would always be welcome. "

There are plenty of reasons for it, but Dragon Age 2 was a big gap. 

Back in the day, they used to do Quick Looks for almost every new release and PSN/Arcade title, but they don't seem to do that as much lately.  The few reviews and Quick Looks we do get seem to be covered by Alex in the past month or two, and he's technically from another site, like Nicholson.  I'm sure there's a reason for all this, I just hope we find out what it is sooner rather than later.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Animasta
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @Slaker117 said:
" As much as I love the video content on this site and want to consume as much as possible, I'm ok with the amount they put up. If I felt like there was some major gap in the coverage I might complain, but there doesn't seem to be a lot going on right now. Though more would always be welcome. "
There are plenty of reasons, but Dragon Age 2 was a big gap.  Back in the day, they used to do Quick Looks for almost every new release and PSN/Arcade title, but they don't seem to do that as much lately. "
a big gap? they did a quick look though?
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#27  Edited By Hailinel
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @Slaker117 said:
There are plenty of reasons, but Dragon Age 2 was a big gap.  Back in the day, they used to do Quick Looks for almost every new release and PSN/Arcade title, but they don't seem to do that as much lately. "
Dragon Age 2's release also happened to coincide with GDC and PAX East.

They're only four guys.  They can only output so much content for the site without wearing themselves to the bone.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By wrighteous86
@Laketown: They probably won't review it, and we only got a small amount of discussion on it during the Bombcast.  Considering it's the only major release this month, they probably should have done more with it. 

@Hailinel said:
" Dragon Age 2's release also happened to coincide with GDC and PAX East.  They're only four guys.  They can only output so much content for the site without wearing themselves to the bone. "
I acknowledged that.  It's still a gap in coverage.
endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By endless_void

Yeah I don't really see much go up on the site these days. After the disappointing lack of GOTY videos like the years beforehand (Where was GAME WITH THE MOST EXPLOSIONS?!?!) there has been alot of unpredictability as to when the site will put up content and when it will go into a ''drought''.

But then again, what am i to say anything. I'm not a subscriber.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

There are only so many hours in the day and the staff always seem busy. Instead of hitting F5 do something elese; try playing some videogames.

rbanke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rbanke
@Seedofpower said:
" I think ever since they did this site merger thing and having the TNT and Happy hour. I been feeling that the content on the site overall has been lacking. I remember the days of just random videos and quick look requests. Oh good times. "
I actually came in here to say this. It seems that since they started doing all the live stuff, all the other things have suffered. I'm not that into the live stuff. I much prefer video reviews, TANG style features, quicklooks (which are still happening often so thats good), etc. Hell my favorites are the mailbags but now days the guys almost make them feel like its a chore when they make one. Dunno, love the site, just a bit down on the direction its been going the past couple months. 
HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By HadesTimes

Guys I know what you mean, but for whatever reason there is less content going up than there used to be.  What do you want them to do? I don't want a bunch of throw away news either.  Sooooo, I guess we should just weather this storm and let them get to what they can, when they can.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By GreggD
@MrCroftLover: Says the yearly subscriber.
MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MiniPato
@endless_void said:
" Yeah I don't really see much go up on the site these days. After the disappointing lack of GOTY videos like the years beforehand (Where was GAME WITH THE MOST EXPLOSIONS?!?!) there has been alot of unpredictability as to when the site will put up content and when it will go into a ''drought''.  But then again, what am i to say anything. I'm not a subscriber. "
Don't worry, even us subscribers get shot down when we complain or point out a concern.
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#36  Edited By Undeadpool
@Sweep: The mod speaks the truth! 

I'm fine with the content amount, there's really not THAT much happening in the industry right now and they DID just get back from back-to-back conventions, one of which was across the country. I'd rather have a few high quality videos than a ton of "eh" ones.
Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gakon5 said:

" I understand it's something of a slow release period, but at some point "they're busy with other things" isn't going to hold water. What other things? "

I'm actually genuinely curious as to what their schedules are lately because I can't imagine what has completely paralyzed them sometimes in the last 6 months-ish. I'm not trying to be a dick and say "they don't do anything!" or something stupid like that but I'm really curious as to the reasons they have for not being able to do even little things on time.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Sweep said:

" This isn't Kotaku and it doesn't need to be. There is already one Kotaku (one too many, perhaps), and a billion other sites that post whatever irrelevant nonsense they encounter. Do you really need the Giant Bomb staff to address that that junk as well, or would you rather they spend their time creating their own quality content of a standard that you won't find anywhere else on the internet?  The Giant Bomb forums compliment the editorial content and vice versa, but I don't think it's essential that there be an abundance of news in order to maintain a healthy community. Similarly, don't feel that because you have pledged your allegiance to the Bomb that you are forbidden from browsing elsewhere. Feel free to fraternise with whatever enemies you might encounter, then return here to tell wonderful stories of your adventures.  "

I got a better answer 

No new content driveup? What do you call the wiki? Each day massive amounts of new info is added. Also stop making topics and never coming back to them. 
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Animasta
@Wrighteous86 said:
" @Laketown: They probably won't review it, and we only got a small amount of discussion on it during the Bombcast.  Considering it's the only major release this month, they probably should have done more with it. 

@Hailinel said:
" Dragon Age 2's release also happened to coincide with GDC and PAX East.  They're only four guys.  They can only output so much content for the site without wearing themselves to the bone. "
I acknowledged that.  It's still a gap in coverage. "
Vinny's still playing it? He probably finished and there will be discussion on the bombcast.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Slaker117
@Wrighteous86:  Eh, I guess I don't care as much because I put a premium on video content and we got a Quick Look. Full reviews don't matter as much to me because we get their opinions on the podcast and I generally look to critical consensus for games I don't already know I'm buying. Past few weeks have been busy as well. Feels like even since the year started there has been something going on that has upset the normal rhythm of things. It's the natural downside of having a small team. It would be very nice to have more consistency, and I would like to see it happen, but not at the cost of the site's personality. Hopefully improvements can be made, but I'm ok with it the way it is.
Rannos22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rannos22
@HadesTimes said:

" Guys I know what you mean, but for whatever reason there is less content going up than there used to be.  What do you want them to do? I don't want a bunch of throw away news either.  Sooooo, I guess we should just weather this storm and let them get to what they can, when they can. "

What news? People come here for the NEWS?!! Go to kotaku if you want news. I came here and pay a subscription for entertainment; not for some news about how some console I don't own isn't working right or some other nonsense!
If I had it my way they'd get rid of the happy hour, cut TNT down to about 90 minutes and cut the middle hour of the bombcast that has become increasingly unlistenable!

EDIT: Nevermind, misread this guys post. My point still stands though, I don't believe people come here for news.
louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By louiedog
@EvilTwin said:
" @louiedog said:
" It seems like there isn't a ton going on right now. I wish there was an ER happening. That'd give us 30+ minutes of content a day. "
Oh shit.  ER invoked.  Bail out of this thread now. "
@Gabriel said:
" Durh Endurance Run, Duurh. "
I didn't watch the first ER. Most of it took place leading up to and after I moved across the country so I was very busy. I'm not drooling over the fact that there's a new game out that would be perfect for an ER. I'm just suggesting that there doesn't some to be much going on and it would add daily content. That's all. But I don't need to explain this to you. You're both smart, reasonable individuals who would never resort to stupid responses in an internet forum, right?
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By wrighteous86
@Laketown said:

" @Wrighteous86 said:

" @Laketown: They probably won't review it, and we only got a small amount of discussion on it during the Bombcast.  Considering it's the only major release this month, they probably should have done more with it. 

@Hailinel

said:
I acknowledged that.  It's still a gap in coverage. "
Vinny's still playing it? He probably finished and there will be discussion on the bombcast. "
Alright fine then.  I'm completely happen with the quality and quantity of content Giant Bomb has provided lately and the timeliness of said content.  It is completely consistent with the quality, quantity, and timeliness of content we've received for the past 3 years.  You win.  Happy? 

You can acknowledge a problem without hating something completely.  I love Giant Bomb, I don't think they handled Dragon Age II well (and that's not entirely their fault).  Even when I was totally satisfied with Giant Bomb, I still thought they mishandled Red Dead Redemption and that Jeff's preview of Halo: Reach was upsetting. 

That doesn't mean I hate Giant Bomb.  They just aren't perfect.  It seems like they are, at the very least, in a slump, or at most, heading in a direction that I don't like, so I feel I should voice my complaints.
Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai
Also just pointing out that with the exception of Dead Space 2 and some 3DS game, Jeff and Alex have done literally all of the 2011 reviews I can think of. Vinny is swamped, I'm sure, but I do often wonder what Brad and Ryan do all week. The Bombcast takes maybe a day for Ryan, but the rest is a mystery. This is not meant to be a criticism, I'm really just curious.
MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MiniPato
@Rolyatkcinmai said:
"
Also just pointing out that with the exception of Dead Space 2 and some 3DS game, Jeff and Alex have done literally all of the 2011 reviews I can think of. Vinny is swamped, I'm sure, but I do often wonder what Brad and Ryan do all week. The Bombcast takes maybe a day for Ryan, but the rest is a mystery. This is not meant to be a criticism, I'm really just curious.
"
Well between hosting TNT and Happy Hours and moderating the Bombcast, Ryan's certainly got a lot more work on his shoulders. Vinny as well manning the control room for those live shows.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Slaker117

Is the site running like crap for anyone else right now? That's my bigger concern, technical stability. Seems we've had more than a few issues with that lately.

Rannos22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rannos22
@Wrighteous86: 
To be fair, they didn't really cover much of DA1 either, IIRC. Then again I may have just ignored it because I'm kinda sick of fantasy...
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Rannos22 said:
" @Wrighteous86:  To be fair, they didn't really cover much of DA1 either, IIRC. Then again I may have just ignored it because I'm kinda sick of fantasy... "
They...did two quicklooks of it. 
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mutha3

I feel the NDX(as a two week joke, its kinda getting dragged out...) is the type of thing I want to see more of. Happy Hour and TNT kind of suck ass. TNT is littered with non-commentary("oh that guy shot you" "you died" etc etc)

There have been plenty of interesting games released in the past 3 months which could have benefitted from a QL but never got one, there's a handful of games which they promised to do Ql's of, but didn't....and there's simply been no more interesting weird random videos like there was a year or two ago. Remember when Jeff downed a bottle of gin infront of the camera?

Its okay guys, I think they can handle a little feedback. They're big boys.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Animasta
@Wrighteous86:  You're acting like not covering DA2 is a crime, or something. I obviously don't really give a shit about DA2, but DA2 did come out right as they were going to PAX, and you know as well as I do that they don't like putting up reviews a week or two late. So a QL was all we got, and sometimes it's all we get.