• 165 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#51 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@EchoForge: I didn't think that was so much a dig.  I thought the rest of the guys' response to that was something like "If i had to do that i'd kill myself"
#52 Posted by EchoForge (154 posts) -
@mfpantst:
That's just it. That's the only thing I could think of it that could even be thought of as a shot, but even I don't think it is.
#53 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@Izaak said:
" @Th3_James said:
" @Axxol said:
" @RecSpec said:
" @JauntyHat said:
" @Hershey07 said:
" @aurahack said:
" @Meteora said:
" Since when did this start? I don't recall GB taking potshots at IGN. "
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
#54 Posted by AlfredCapone (164 posts) -
@Joker369 said:
" yeah, I don't recall any harsh words "
#55 Posted by Ghostiet (5281 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
" Just to enhance the intense drama that is going on   
"

Watching this video is like looking at a car crash on a highway - it's disgusting and you want to gouge your eyes out, but fuck, you'll always peek to make yourself cringe.

God, I hate that woman.

#56 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@EchoForge:  Cool- that's what i thought.  I actually think, contrary to the OP's crackhead-view, it seems like there's been a greater positive awareness of other video game sites lately.
#57 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Yeah, I haven't noticed this. All I can recall is Kristine Steimer's positive words about Brad.
 
(Let the record show that Podcast Beyond and Three Red Lights on IGN are actually pretty good listens , despite how annoying the main site is)

#58 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

so I'm actually digging digging through girlfight.  Not half bad.

#59 Edited by valrog (3671 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:

" @Izaak said:

" @Th3_James said:
" @Axxol said:
" @RecSpec said:
" @JauntyHat said:
" @Hershey07 said:
" @aurahack said:
" @Meteora said:
" Since when did this start? I don't recall GB taking potshots at IGN. "
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
#60 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -
@onarum said:
" @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
" @Newjack said:
" @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
" I've heard the ladies on IGN's Girlfight take shots at Jeff before, but I don't recall the GB guys reciprocating. "
Really? What did they say? "
I don't recall verbatim.  I think they were answering a question about being women in the industry and if they get respect from their male counterparts and they said yes for the most part but then someone mentioned Jeff, which garnered an "Ugh" from some of the others, could have been Chobot.  IIRC Jeff has made some comments in the past about her and the PSP licking thing and how she got the job at IGN, etc.  This was probably a couple months ago. "
What a bitch. "
Assemble the army! Death to all fake journalists!
#61 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" @onarum said:
" @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
" @Newjack said:
" @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
" I've heard the ladies on IGN's Girlfight take shots at Jeff before, but I don't recall the GB guys reciprocating. "
Really? What did they say? "
I don't recall verbatim.  I think they were answering a question about being women in the industry and if they get respect from their male counterparts and they said yes for the most part but then someone mentioned Jeff, which garnered an "Ugh" from some of the others, could have been Chobot.  IIRC Jeff has made some comments in the past about her and the PSP licking thing and how she got the job at IGN, etc.  This was probably a couple months ago. "
What a bitch. "
Assemble the army! Death to all fake journalists! "
Can we at least rape and pillage first?
#62 Posted by Bamsen (342 posts) -

dude, what?

#63 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

This thread has gone poorly... and it's kinda great.

#64 Posted by LiquidPrince (15952 posts) -

What? I want more information.

#65 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

Episode 21 has nothing to do with this thread, but is amazing.

#66 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -

Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large.

Staff
#67 Edited by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

A wild Jeff appears!

#68 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

wowza

#69 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Illuminati bizznizz for sure!

Online
#70 Edited by Metal_Mills (2997 posts) -
@OneAndOnlyBigE said:

" @Newjack said:

" @OneAndOnlyBigE said:

" I've heard the ladies on IGN's Girlfight take shots at Jeff before, but I don't recall the GB guys reciprocating. "
Really? What did they say? "
I don't recall verbatim.  I think they were answering a question about being women in the industry and if they get respect from their male counterparts and they said yes for the most part but then someone mentioned Jeff, which garnered an "Ugh" from some of the others, could have been Chobot.  IIRC Jeff has made some comments in the past about her and the PSP licking thing and how she got the job at IGN, etc.  This was probably a couple months ago. "
Isn't Chobot the one that said "That trailer was for the win!" Ugh. No wonder Jeff doesn't like her(Does he? I dunno but he'd be annoyed by that I'm sure, with good reason).
#71 Posted by Jeffsekai (7033 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Ya but what do you know?
#72 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (439 posts) -
@EchoForge said:
" I do remember, when the guys made fun of the DSi Ware releases a few weeks back (specifically one of the My Notebook things), Jeff blurted out a "You know IGN reviews all of these?" or something to that effect. I doubt that would cause a good ol' internet flame war, though.  And oh yeah, I know a couple of other shows have called out GB for the podcast thing--I remember Garnett, I believe, on Weekend Confirmed getting a quick jab, and one of the Shawn/Seans from Gamers with Jobs with guys lobbing a grenade of his own. I still don't think they were harsh, and while it hasn't been a flat-out admission of it, the Bomb Squad have subtlely hinted that it was a terrible idea. "
Yeah the GWJ guys said something along the lines of "and our podcast is still free" or something to that effect, pretty funny actually.
 
@Fjordson said:
" Yeah, I haven't noticed this. All I can recall is Kristine Steimer's positive words about Brad. (Let the record show that Podcast Beyond and Three Red Lights on IGN are actually pretty good listens , despite how annoying the main site is) "
I find TRL to be nearly impossible to listen to, thankfully they haven't done one in quite a while. 
 
@mfpantst said:
" so I'm actually digging digging through girlfight.  Not half bad. "
It's a slightly different perspective, good change of pace from all of the dudes that I usually listen to.
#73 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@OneAndOnlyBigE:  Yes- and already have found useful things talked about.
#74 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (439 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
"at large"? :-)
#75 Posted by Ghostiet (5281 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
And who are you that we're supposed to believe that?!
#76 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Considering this thread has gone on so long with so little actual information, I think the Giant Bomb community actually wants to start a war. 
*grabs baseball bat* 
Ok, I'm ready.

#77 Edited by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@SlashseveN303:  When you're a bomb, you a bomb all the way?
 
Edit: I was taking crack for that last edit.
#78 Posted by JusticeReturns (63 posts) -

If i recall correctly, i remember Ryan saying that he enjoyed stabbing IGN employees in the face and neck.

#79 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -
@JusticeReturns said:
"If i recall correctly, i remember Ryan saying that he enjoyed stabbing IGN employees in the face and neck. "

UH UH UH UH IGN
#80 Posted by JusticeReturns (63 posts) -
@Arker101: yea. some magazine even used it as an example of video game players being extremely violent in real life.
#81 Posted by Lifestrike (482 posts) -

You guys are all meanies.

#82 Posted by Milkman (16806 posts) -
@Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Beef squashed. Let's move on. 
Online
#83 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Ya but what do you know? "
NOW WE START WAR!
#84 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Ya but what do you know? "
NOW WE START WAR! "
In communist Russia war starts you?
#85 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Ya but what do you know? "
NOW WE START WAR! "
In communist Russia war starts you? "
How does war start me?
#86 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Ya but what do you know? "
NOW WE START WAR! "
In communist Russia war starts you? "
How does war start me? "
That might involve softcore.  Would rather not get into it here.
#87 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Ya but what do you know? "
NOW WE START WAR! "
In communist Russia war starts you? "
How does war start me? "
That might involve softcore.  Would rather not get into it here. "
I WANNA KNOW! Sounds hot!
#88 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Ya but what do you know? "
NOW WE START WAR! "
In communist Russia war starts you? "
How does war start me? "
That might involve softcore.  Would rather not get into it here. "
I WANNA KNOW! Sounds hot! "
OH JESUS.  No.
#89 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@valrog said:
" @GlenTennis said:

" @Izaak said:

" @Th3_James said:
" @Axxol said:
" @RecSpec said:
" @JauntyHat said:
" @Hershey07 said:
" @aurahack said:
" @Meteora said:
" Since when did this start? I don't recall GB taking potshots at IGN. "
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
#90 Posted by Belmont_Shadow (174 posts) -

IGn shouldn't start anything with anyone. They have a bunch of courrupt people working for them.

#91 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

pretty sure someone said what score ign would give my notebook peral since they review the orginal

#92 Edited by Siphillis (1292 posts) -

If there's anything brewing, it's based on jealousy.  IGN, for all the billions of News Corp. dollars and all the connections in the world, can't even produce a single feature that holds a candle to Giant Bomb.

#93 Posted by adoggz (2068 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" @valrog said:
" @GlenTennis said:

" @Izaak said:

" @Th3_James said:
" @Axxol said:
" @RecSpec said:
" @JauntyHat said:
" @Hershey07 said:
" @aurahack said:
" @Meteora said:
" Since when did this start? I don't recall GB taking potshots at IGN. "
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
#94 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

I never got this impression. I occasionally listen to IGN's Nintendo podcast, and I remember on one episode, they specifically gave props to the Giant Bombcast.

#95 Posted by DeanoXD (608 posts) -

the one thing i will say i think ign has some of worst reviewers in the game industry and don't believe anything they say when it comes to games.

#96 Posted by adoggz (2068 posts) -
@mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Ya but what do you know? "
NOW WE START WAR! "
In communist Russia war starts you? "
How does war start me? "
That might involve softcore.  Would rather not get into it here. "
I WANNA KNOW! Sounds hot! "
OH JESUS.  No. "
oh god, yes.
#97 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2156 posts) -
@DeanoXD said:
" the one thing i will say i think ign has some of worst reviewers in the game industry and don't believe anything they say when it comes to games. "
@Belmont_Shadow said:
" IGn shouldn't start anything with anyone. They have a bunch of courrupt people working for them. "
Yes corrupt people who are paid of by companies to give perfect scores. I mean this is obvious from all the money they flaunt. The cars, the clothes, making it rain $100 bills at the club. MONEY HAT$ GALORE!!!
 
Fuck, comments like these are gold when looking for stupid "loyalty" on the internet. You're just as bad as fanboys. 
#98 Posted by MacGeorge (177 posts) -
@adoggz said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @scarace360 said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Jeff said:
" Yeah, I don't think we have any real beef with IGN at large. "
Ya but what do you know? "
NOW WE START WAR! "
In communist Russia war starts you? "
How does war start me? "
That might involve softcore.  Would rather not get into it here. "
I WANNA KNOW! Sounds hot! "
OH JESUS.  No. "
oh god, yes. "

Alright kids, that's enough go back to sleep.
#99 Posted by White_Silhouette (473 posts) -

It would be unprofessional for either side to say anything. A lot of these guys see each other at different events all the time. Since it's actually such a small industry who knows what could happen in the future. They could be working for the person/company in the near future.

#100 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -
@adoggz said:
" @Afroman269 said:
" @valrog said:
" @GlenTennis said:

" @Izaak said:

" @Th3_James said:
" @Axxol said:
" @RecSpec said:
" @JauntyHat said:
" @Hershey07 said:
" @aurahack said:
" @Meteora said:
" Since when did this start? I don't recall GB taking potshots at IGN. "
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"