I'm tired of this sh*t; I'm getting a used PS2.

• 105 results
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Fallen189
@Cube said:
" Nobody is "raping" you. Stop being overly dramatic.  "
ALSO ANIME IS AWFUL AND DLC IS THE *CANCER* KILLING GAMING.

Also Nintendo rules and homework is laaaaaame
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By papuccino1
@Fallen189 said:
" @Cube said:
ALSO ANIME IS AWFUL
Hahahhaa, completely agree with you there
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ryanwho
@Fallen189 said:

" @ryanwho said:

" @Burns098356GX said:

" The game companies apologize for wanting to not live in the year 1998 like you. "

PS2 came out in 2000. Sweet troll, bro. "
Phenomenal counter argument. "
I'm not sure what the argument is. Newer is better? That's a dumb argument to make. Older consoles almost by default are more reliable than newer ones. So he wasn't make an argument at all, he was making a smug dismissive comment and got the date wrong. Egg on his face.
Zao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Zao

Sorry to hear that hope your 360 gets back soon it shouldnt take too long and it should be free to fix usually. Im just looking forward to them releasing a new model sometime although the new ones dont udually get red rings anymore. You dont have broadband thats crazy dude? do you have dial up maybe you could burn an update to a disk or something.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Alright, I guess we'll miss you..?

So much of the argument is either not true or nonsensical that it's essentially someone going ROW ROW ROW for the hell of it.

Also, what part of the world can't get broadband now?  You can get broadband ON THE MOON!

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By fwylo

WTF PS3 HAS DRM NOW?

j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By j_drace
@ryanwho said:
" @Burns098356GX said:

" The game companies apologize for wanting to not live in the year 1998 like you. "

PS2 came out in 2000. Sweet troll, bro. "
@ryanwho: Actually PS2 came out in 1999, but anyways I can see why some of these inconveniences bother him.  However, quitting current gen gaming shouldn't be the answer.  The problem is that he can't play PS3 games online without getting system updates so if he wants to avoid all of the updates and stuff he needs to give up online gaming.  I wouldn't sacrifice current gen consoles for a PS2, but I would just not play online.
Avatar image for mercurycrusader
MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MercuryCrusader

If one of the complaints about newer consoles is all the shit that's being made nowadays, you are probably 12 years old because shit has been made since the dawn of time.  Video game consoles throughout the ages get a ton of shit games, accessories, extra features that never get used, and more.  And if one of your complaints about the PS2 is that the graphics suck, then my head is going to explode because holy shit you kids today.
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By papuccino1
@Brodehouse said:
" Alright, I guess we'll miss you..?  So much of the argument is either not true or nonsensical that it's essentially someone going ROW ROW ROW for the hell of it.  Also, what part of the world can't get broadband now?  You can get broadband ON THE MOON! "
What do you mean miss me? I'm not leaving the site! In fact, I'll be more active because there are tons of PS2 games out there that mop the floor with new generation games.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Cube
@papuccino1 said:
" @Fallen189 said:
" @Cube said:
ALSO ANIME IS AWFUL
Hahahhaa, completely agree with you there "
Your sense of sarcasm is painful.
Roflwaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Roflwaffles

Since I'm such a swell guy, I'll take the PS3 off your hands for a reasonable price...say, twenty bucks. And seriously, there's no need to thank me for this great deal, I don't mind helping people out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@papuccino1:  There's great games in every generation.
Jhriad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#63  Edited By Jhriad

@papuccino1 said:
I bought a PS3 thinking naw, this thing isn't going to hinder my gameplay. But them some DRM crap requires me to connect online to play games. Not all of us have broadband you retards, just let me play my frikking console. I paid money for it, stop raping me.

I bought a Wii ( for my brother granted) and all the games that come out are some cutsey wootsey cooking/animal/samurai crap. What happened to platforming goodness? The only game that really caught my eye on the Wii is Crash of The Titans, but maybe that's just nostalgia kicking in. 

You created this whiny thread about ditching three systems because of DRM that is on an extremely low percentage of PSN titles?  RRoD is a valid complaint but the other two complaints are laughable.  I don't like the DRM any better than most folks it just isn't common enough to be a "fuck this system" level of complaint.  All I can think of when reading your post is....

No Caption Provided
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#64  Edited By Meowayne
@papuccino1 said:
I bought a Wii ( for my brother granted) and all the games that come out are some cutsey wootsey cooking/animal/samurai crap. What happened to platforming goodness? The only game that really caught my eye on the Wii is Crash of The Titans, but maybe that's just nostalgia kicking in.

Yeah, why don't they release one or two great new 3D Mario Platformers?
Or a 2D Mario game even, like Mario Bros. Screw them! I'd even play a new 2D Wario game, but nooo. Or a new Paper Mario game, how awesome would that be?
Or, or, why can't they just remake stuff like A Boy and His Blob or Klonoa? Or maybe, just maybe, have a few original platformers? I'm thinking of retarded bunnies or blobs of paint here. Nothing of the sort on the Wii. Nothing! And Wiiware? No quality platforming in sight! Not a single game!
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By PufferFiz

No Caption Provided
Seriously, what game requires a internet connection? If it is just final fight then HOW THE FUCK DID YOU BUY IT IF YOU DONT HAVE A GOOD INTERNET CONNECTION???????????????
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By papuccino1

Why is it when someones views are different from yours, you automatically think they are trolling? People have a right to have a different opinion than you. 

Having said that, and hopefully reached you; let's discuss some good PS2 games I should get. :)

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

Ps2 is really old and the graphics are lousy.  

"
Oh God, my heart!

Hnnnnnggggggggghhhhhhh!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stumbles into thread naively.

*reads OP*

*runs away*

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By kishan6
@jadeskye said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
wat is this 4chan?
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Akeldama

I can relate...not.

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LiquidSwords

What is it with you nerds and getting RRD? Seriously, put the controller down and let the mother fucker breathe! Stop playing it 24-7 and go outside, read a book or something! I've had my 360 for a good 3 years and haven't had one single RRD.

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By papuccino1
@LiquidSwords said:
" What is it with you nerds and getting RRD? Seriously, put the controller down and let the mother fucker breathe! Stop playing it 24-7 and go outside, read a book or something! I've had my 360 for a good 3 years and haven't had one single RRD. "
I used to play my console for only a an hour, two hours tops, because I played at around 11pm before I got into bed. Kids and work only left me with little time to play. :P But they did die in the end. Stupid consoles.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Shit happens. If you have a warranty, use it.

Globox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Globox82
@papuccino1 said:
" I bought a 360, red ring of death not a week before Mass Effect 2 came out. Screw it.

I bought a PS3 thinking naw, this thing isn't going to hinder my gameplay. But them some DRM crap requires me to connect online to play games. Not all of us have broadband you retards, just let me play my frikking console. I paid money for it, stop raping me.

So screw it.

I'm buying a used PS2 from TuMomo.com and playing some good games without sh*t getting in the way. I just want something simple, put in a disc, play the game, turn it off. Not this achievement-whoring, social-filandering, crap fest that's currently everywhere.   I just had to vent and I can't wait to buy all of the Ratchet and Clank games and forget about the current gen of crap that's out there. "
Sorry but to me you sound like little bitch. You don't need broadband to play PS3, that is ridiculous comment. if you cant get broadband, go get cheapest internet there is. I only play single players in my games, i don't care about online and i only have PS3, cant comment on 360, but RROD is well known fact, there should be no surprise s.   PS2 is cool console but to me you sound like little kid that wants attention and for us to feel sorry for you, grow up and go play PS3, or just get PS2 and stfu

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#75  Edited By Deusoma

The 360 thing is a major bummer, but I've never actually encountered DRM on the PS3. 

Your assessment of the Wii, unfortunately, is spot-on.

XxBarretxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By XxBarretxX
@papuccino1:  Umm only one PS3 game has DRM.... fucking idiot :D
Delkura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Delkura

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#78  Edited By sopranosfan

At the price that PS2s are I would suggest anybody that likes games and doesn't own 1 to get 1.  I bought mine for $99 and have bought a ton of games for $5-20 and when you consider how much new games today are they are great value and a game you haven't played is new to you.

By the way I don't see people are making such a big deal out of the original post.  I don't care who you are you occasionally get frustrated with the entire field of something.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Coombs
@papuccino1: 
Why exactly are you even on a gaming website if that is how you think about gaming?
OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@LiquidSwords said:
" What is it with you nerds and getting RRD? Seriously, put the controller down and let the mother fucker breathe! Stop playing it 24-7 and go outside, read a book or something! I've had my 360 for a good 3 years and haven't had one single RRD. "
It doesn't matter how much you play it, muthafucka.  The console dies whenever it wants.
LiquidS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By LiquidS

Obviously you haven't owned a PS3 before so I say you should get a PS3. 
Reliable and a nice catalogue of exclusives.
ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ShaunassNZ
@Demyx said:
" @Manatassi said:
" @papuccino1 said:
" Well, I paid for 'em so I think I have the right to complain, don't you? "
Wait a min...  You bought all 3 current gen consoles.   But you cant afford even a 2meg old broadband connection?  Hmmmmm...   Something don't add up there. "
maybe its not available where he lives?  "
Yet a PS3 does?
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Well that sucks you're having all those problems as they are all great consoles and you really should give them another chance before giving up completely. While you're at it, just get the PS2 anyway. I've been playing mine a lot, especially when I came across a Yakuza game. 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By iam3green

what have u been playing that requires DRM? only the arcade games have DRM. u have fun playing your ps2. there are a lot of great games that have been out for the ps2.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#85  Edited By tebbit

Although I think there are probably pretty easy ways around the PS3 patching issue, aka getting the update required on the disk, or from a PS3 magazine with a disk, they sometimes have it too. 

BUT, if you buy a PS2, and Shadow of the Colossus, I can't deny that you will be the happiest man who ever lived. 

Also, get Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii. If you enjoyed N64-era Mario, you'll love it.

Avatar image for mercurycrusader
MercuryCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MercuryCrusader

Seriously, if your major complaint about the Wii is that it is for kiddies, then you are literally a 10 year old.
monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#87  Edited By monetarydread
@Brodehouse said:
" Alright, I guess we'll miss you..?  So much of the argument is either not true or nonsensical that it's essentially someone going ROW ROW ROW for the hell of it.  Also, what part of the world can't get broadband now?  You can get broadband ON THE MOON! "
I can't get broadband, and I live Canada. Sure, the cable company just announced that they received a grant so they can install high speed, but they aren't even starting until next year sometime (Probably spring - Aka late May, early June). As for satellite internet, I am surrounded by tall trees and mountains that block any sort of reception. So its just plain ol' dial up for me.
tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By tranquilchaos

This fucking thread is retarded. I feel dumber for participating in it.  

Goddammit.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By animateria
@papuccino1 said:
" I bought a 360, red ring of death not a week before Mass Effect 2 came out. Screw it.

So screw it.

I'm buying a used PS2 from TuMomo.com and playing some good games without sh*t getting in the way. I just want something simple, put in a disc, play the game, turn it off. Not this achievement-whoring, social-filandering, crap fest that's currently everywhere.   I just had to vent and I can't wait to buy all of the Ratchet and Clank games and forget about the current gen of crap that's out there. "

Let's see.. RRoD... Valid argument.

PS3 DRM.... Well there's only 1 game, a downloadable retro arcade game that has DRM... So this really isn't valid.

Wii, cutesy wootsey? Well, Muramasa, No More Heroes, Metriod, Monster Hunter along with other games would like to have a talk with you. And the Wii has the best platforming game out of all of them, Mario Galaxy.  Klonoa is also a great platformer (although it's quite "cutesy wootsey.").  So, you're wrong here as well.

But I'll agree with the PS2 being worth it at least.
TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheHT
I suppose it's best to stick with a PS2 if the current gen is too complicated for your feeble little mind. :P
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#91  Edited By Trilogy

I sort of like this thread. It pisses off all of the fanboys in one fell swoop.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By darkvare

why did you got rid of your ps2 in the first place? i never owned one but now i own all 3 current home consoles and i can play every single one with out an internet connection but is your cash so do whatever you want

SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93  Edited By SBYM
@papuccino1: A word of warning, though. I had two PS2s start giving me Disc Read Errors, they are far from perfect machines. That said, there are hundreds of excellent PS2 games for just about any genre you could want.
EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By EvolutionX0
Just one question, why a used one? a new one is going for cheap.. 
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By papuccino1

Because I live in Bolivia - Check my mini profile on the site. A PS2 costs 200$ new here. A PS3 450-500$. An XBOX 300-350$. It's just the way it is.

I'm going to buy a used one for 100$. O_O That's as cheap as I can get it.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Godwind
@papuccino1 said:
" Because I live in Bolivia - Check my mini profile on the site. A PS2 costs 200$ new here. A PS3 450-500$. An XBOX 300-350$. It's just the way it is.  I'm going to buy a used one for 100$. O_O That's as cheap as I can get it. "

Bro, you need to live in a superior country.
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By nail1080
@papuccino1 said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
I used to play my console for only a an hour, two hours tops, because I played at around 11pm before I got into bed. Kids and work only left me with little time to play. :P But they did die in the end. Stupid consoles. "
dude stop pretending you have kids, you look around 10 or 12 at most...
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By papuccino1
@nail1080 said:
" @papuccino1 said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
I used to play my console for only a an hour, two hours tops, because I played at around 11pm before I got into bed. Kids and work only left me with little time to play. :P But they did die in the end. Stupid consoles. "
dude stop pretending you have kids, you look around 10 or 12 at most... "
Which is great! When I'm 40, I'll look 25 and I'll be landing better jobs because of it. The world is a shallow place.
nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By nail1080
@papuccino1 said:
" @nail1080 said:
" @papuccino1 said:
" @LiquidSwords said:
dude stop pretending you have kids, you look around 10 or 12 at most... "
Which is great! When I'm 40, I'll look 25 and I'll be landing better jobs because of it. The world is a shallow place. "
yeah well no need to pretend you're an adult with kids
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By papuccino1

Why do you think I'm pretending. :D