In light of this news, does the site continue?

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

This is Rocky III and our Mickey just left us.

But, if we all band together and look inside of ourselves, we will be able to find the strength and courage to beat the shit out of Mr T.

amirite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By amirite

Are you fucking kidding? Of course the show will go on. Giant Bomb was started and raised by Jeff and Ryan but I don't think it stops with them. Giant Bomb is a constantly combusting group of talented friends doing dumb videogame related shit and that's the legacy Ryan would have wanted to leave behind.

I hope it's not disrespectful or too soon or something, but this has made me think about the nature of Giant Bomb. Yes, things won't be the same. But I'm suddenly thinking of GB as something that can exist past the presences of Jeff and Ryan. Maybe someday the GB crew will be an entirely new generation of game journalists with the same 'mission statement' Giant Bomb has always had. I can picture someone like Patrick running the show in like 10 years with a new group of young whipper-snappers to continue keeping the gaming industry on it's toes.

Just trying to keep my brain occupied thats all :( :( :(

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@ghostiet said:

Ryan would haunt the shit out of the office if it didn't.

Yea, they need to keep things going.

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regal: You're assuming hiring a new person would mean they are replacing Ryan. That's crazy, there is no replacement for Ryan and there never will be...it doesn't mean that if they hire a new person it's fair for the user base to instantly shun them because they're "not Ryan."

Ryan Davis will never be replaced but new staff coming in isn't a bad thing in any way.

ouvintes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wait, what ? Are you serious ? OF COURSE it will continue and OF COURSE it will remain great. I can't imagine anything would piss Ryan off more than the site going away because of this. It's pretty horrible to lose Ryan Davis, but what about losing the Bombcast, losing Jeff, Brad, Patrick, Alex, Vinny, Rorie ? I don't see a chance of this happening.

This site has a lot of love, silliness and hard work built into it over the last 5 years. It works because folks love the people involved, not only the videogames they talk about. Which makes Ryans passing so devastating. But in the end, Giant Bomb will survive, it will become even better and will remain being the greatest videogame website ever made.

Nasharoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You can't disarm This. Fucking. Bomb.

baconbutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By baconbutty

Things will change slowly. They will eventually "replace" Ryan, although only in productivity terms - personality wise he is irreplaceable.

But things will change, the new order will slot into place and with our help, Giant bomb will keep going, and Ryan will never really leave it.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These are dark times for all involved.

I'll back anything the guys do 100% though.

dougbrit2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

These duders and this site has been our home and family for years, grieving is inevitable (Rightfully so), however I know if things were different, Ryan would be nothing but more determined to keep the train going.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

I'd imagine Ryan would be pissed if they simply called it quits, and you don't just throw away something you've worked so hard to build up like that. So no, I don't think it's the end. It's the end of the site as we know it, but it'll continue somehow. I'm sure there will be some change, but right now that's not that important, right now it's about remembering Ryan.

Ryan put in so much darn hard work into Giant Bomb, that ending it here would be a great shame to him. I expect the guys will take a week or so break and come back to clear a few things up, Jeff as already said the Bombcast is continuing, why would you stop the feature that Ryan made so memorable.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Yes it does.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

No way will they stop doing what they're doing. I don't think it's what Ryan would want. He would want them to continue with their shenanigans and nonsense full steam. It'll be a completely different dynamic than what we have come to love for sure, but it'll still be Giant Bomb. If this place disappears the Internet will be a worse off place.

localshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By localshop

Will the site continue? Of course.

Will it be the same? Sadly not.

Will it still be the most awesomest gaming site pumping out the hottest messiest content? You betcha.