Is having the PSP frame in video feature a law?

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By doe3879

I love watching any kinda of video features from Gaintbomb, even on games I dont give a damn about.  Just love hearing the guys discussion.
However the PSP video features always irritates me because of the ugly frame within the video.  
I just download the video and either Crop it so I can sit back on my couch and enjoy the.  Lately i just use the Window 7 magnify.

Does Sony enforce that? it's really redicuous since the frame is 50% of the video. 

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Scooper

I agree, I'd much prefer if it wasn't there. I know the game is on a PSP and I know the resolution doesn't look good strecthed but I don't need a picture of a PSP or a DS to remind me of that. Just have the video is it's current size but have the backround just black or a simple pattern please.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't have a problem with it.  It's better than stretching the video out too far.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I've seen some DS videos do this too, but not here on GB. I think it was actually on X-Play. Instead of just a frame though, they showed the whole damn controller... I think it might have to do with how the resolution gets worse if you make the screen fit.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ajamafalous

They do it because the resolution of the PSP is smaller than the resolution of their video player. If they didn't put the frame around it, they'd have to stretch the video to make it fit.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@ajamafalous said:
" They do it because the resolution of the PSP is smaller than the resolution of their video player. If they didn't put the frame around it, they'd have to stretch the video to make it fit. "
This.  It's for technical difficulties, not for aesthetic purposes.
Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Deusoma
@FluxWaveZ: 
Yes, and stretching the video isn't technically difficult, just aesthetically unpleasing.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Deusoma said:
" @FluxWaveZ:  Yes, and stretching the video isn't technically difficult, just aesthetically unpleasing. "
Yeah, it's not.  I just meant that it's like that because the video recording equipment does not permit full screen resolution looking good.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By iamjohn
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Deusoma said:
" @FluxWaveZ:  Yes, and stretching the video isn't technically difficult, just aesthetically unpleasing. "
Yeah, it's not.  I just meant that it's like that because the video recording equipment does not permit full screen resolution looking good. "
I'm not sure it's the recording equipment so much as the fact that blowing up a PSP image into full resolution then compressing it for an online video is going to make the image look like garbage.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Akeldama

its strictly because of the resolution 

MrMuise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By MrMuise

I wonder if they'll switch it to a PSPGo now

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@iAmJohn said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Deusoma said:
Yeah, it's not.  I just meant that it's like that because the video recording equipment does not permit full screen resolution looking good. "
I'm not sure it's the recording equipment so much as the fact that blowing up a PSP image into full resolution then compressing it for an online video is going to make the image look like garbage. "
You don´t think in the future there will be advancements to video recording equipment that will permit the resolution to fit the full screen and still look awesome?
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By iamjohn
@FluxWaveZ: it's certainly possible, but I think the issue is more on the compression side coupled with the technical limitations of the PSP than the capture side.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@iAmJohn said:
" @FluxWaveZ: it's certainly possible, but I think the issue is more on the compression side coupled with the technical limitations of the PSP than the capture side. "
Ah, I see.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's just how Sony releases them or something... Not all trailers have it. It's nothing to do with resolution seeing as the video's size isn't much bigger than the PSP screen (and they could sharpen it with AA), while the frame makes it much smaller. Here are two without a frame.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Systech

This sounds like dumb bitching about something you shouldn't care about.