Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Cool. That Shane Satterfeild. guy is a pretty cool guy. I remember him from a few older video reviews from gamespot (eternal darkness)

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Win
Fuck yeah! The Pac Attack and Jeff? If they had N'gai Croal this would be the best panel ever, but still Shane is cool.
whackmypinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By whackmypinata

Good episode. Is there a part 2?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jayge_

The only guy on that panel who wasn't a douchebag was Jeff. And don't get me started on how unbelievably stupid Michael Pachter is.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By kush

Cool. Nice find...never would have seen this if not for this thread.

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Win
whackmypinata said:
"Good episode. Is there a part 2?"
Part 2 comes out next Sunday, its one episode/part per week.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Uuugh.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By AaronBelfast

That was actually pretty good and not just because they had Jeff on it but there was some awesome previews on it. Michael didn't have a clue what he was talking about, but good nonetheless.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kush

I think this video is subliminally saying, "GO BEARS!"

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DualReaver

Cool, watching nao.

creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By creamstatic

yea I just watched, then came here to check if anyone's' talking about it. I had no idea at first. Good thing I'm tracking the Bonus Round.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kush
creamstatic said:
"yea I just watched, then came here to check if anyone's' talking about it. I had no idea at first. Good thing I'm tracking the Bonus Round."
Yea, I had no idea about it because I don't follow the Bonus Round at all...Geoff Keighley kind of bugs me.
Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hangid

OMG My dream came true! Awesome episode i loved the last part were Jeff mentioned how he had no job earlier in the year so he played so much COD4! XD

Foshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Foshi

Patcher is my hero. Bonus Round is one of the better shows about video gaming on the Internet. Geoff Keighly is an awesome host as well.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I just came here to post this.  Great to see, and hopefully he'll be a regular. : )

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Major

Awesome. I'm so tired of listening to just N'Gai and Patcher.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AaronBelfast
Major said:
"Awesome. I'm so tired of listening to just N'Gai and Patcher."
Your the guy that fucked up my browser, thanks for that.
Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Major
AaronBelfast said:
"Major said:
Your the guy that fucked up my browser, thanks for that."
Oh yeah?
AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AaronBelfast
Major said:
"AaronBelfast said:
"Major said:
Oh yeah?"
Vietcong 2, don't play stupid.
Leon31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Leon31

Great to see Jeff on it. Hopefully he becomes a regular like N'Gai and Patcher, that would make the Bonus Round that much better to watch every week. Hard to believe it could get better due to how great it already is depending on what topic they discuss, lol.

MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MasturbatingBear
AaronBelfast said:
"Major said:
"AaronBelfast said:
"Major said:
Oh yeah?"
Vietcong 2, don't play stupid."
Umm in that forum post which linked to the page (which im sure you used to get to vietcong 2 page) he clearly states it may mess you up. No one made you do it so no need to be rude. He abused the system and he got punished no need to bring it up again.
Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ma7moud

I was going to make a topic about this, Anyway I think the episode is great But almost every thing Pachter said was wrong. I'm also surprised that Jeff choosed COD over Gears 2 and probably this episode was the reason he wasn't at the Bombcast last week.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By MetalGearSunny

lol@the last part.

Terrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By Terrell

I watch pretty much every episode of the Bonus Round, and Jeff was definitely one of the most entertaining guests on the show.  Can't wait till next week...

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Gizmo

Thanks for the heads up, i'm kinda suprised Jeff is so looking forward to World At War, he seemed to be on a vendetta of that game a few months ago...

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By elbow

I don't want to call Shane a fanboy, but fuck that guy has no mercy when it comes to the PS3 and Wii, he just rips them both a new asshole every time he talks about that. Watching - or rather hearing - him on Invisible Walls, it's like him just viciously ripping on those two consoles and the rest of the crew just trying to say "Hey Shane... don't you think you might be going a bit overboard?"

But yeah, Jeff was the only one who didn't have his head up his ass in this episode.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By jakob187

Never seen that show before.  Very cool stuff indeed.  WOOT to Jeff for not leaving behind CoD!!!  Honestly, though...man, it's just a tough decision overall between the games they presented.  I mean, CoD has a proven track record...Far Cry 2 is sooooooo ambitious and hasn't failed to impress at demo shows yet...Gears 2 (while I hated the first game) does look like it could improve in all the areas that I didn't like in the first game (yes, I just made a positive comment about Gears 2...take it and leave it be)...Resistance 2 should push the envelope for console online multiplayer numbers in a match and prove that console shooters can compete on market against PC shooters...and Left 4 Dead, as Michael said incredibly, looks like a way to bring in people who are intimidated by shooters because they are seen as being too "hardcore".

Man...it's stacked for shooters this Christmas.  Hope you guys are getting overtime for some extra dough!!!  lol
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gizmo

Out of those games, my choice would be Left 4 Dead. DEFINATELY renting/getting the others at some point or another.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HazBazz

I love the Bonus Round, but the show is so heavily based around the buisness side of gaming, that I can't help but think that Jeff is being slightly hypocritical by appearing on it. How many times has Jeff talked about how that side of gaming is stale and boring, yet here he is sitting next to Pachter, who at every opportunity just discusses how many consoles will be moved. I could tell from watching it that Jeff didn't really care about what Mike was saying, and really just wanted to talk about how he's pumped about games coming out.

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HazBazz

Oh, and Shane looks nothing like his avatar on Invisible Walls

Max_Chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Max_Chill

Shout out to IceT, Lord 187x son. 

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StaticFalconar

Thats the reason why Jeff wasn't on the Podcast last week.

John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By John

Wait, didn't Jeff say he hates WWII games? What has the world come to?!

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By agent_lost
Tarsier said:
"Awesome ! Go Jeff!"
so so true
Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hangid
HazBazz said:
"I love the Bonus Round, but the show is so heavily based around the buisness side of gaming, that I can't help but think that Jeff is being slightly hypocritical by appearing on it. How many times has Jeff talked about how that side of gaming is stale and boring, yet here he is sitting next to Pachter, who at every opportunity just discusses how many consoles will be moved. I could tell from watching it that Jeff didn't really care about what Mike was saying, and really just wanted to talk about how he's pumped about games coming out."
I kind of agree with you, but Jeff has lots of experience with sales/console wars talk. Its what he and the old GS crew used to talk about a lot on the GS podcast, The Hotspot. And yeah, I kinda got the vibe that Jeff didn't care about the sales talk but at least he looked like he cared and tried to share his opinion on that subject (After all, thats what The Bonus Round is all about, and the GameTrailers users seemed pleased to have Jeff on as a guest). And to some degree, the console wars can be interesting.
shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By shotaro

I'd never heard of that before was quite enjoyable especially watching essentially an accountant try to match up with guys who play games for a living.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thordain

huh, only one part. Do they release each part of it daily?

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By Dalai
John said:
"Wait, didn't Jeff say he hates WWII games? What has the world come to?!"
Oversaturation can do that to a genre.  Platformers and fighters were also the rage for a while, but when everybody started making them, it was just too much.

It was weird to see Jeff want to play CoD: WaW over Gears 2, but it could be worse.
ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By ZenaxPure
Thordain said:
"huh, only one part. Do they release each part of it daily?"
Weekly as mentioned before. Anyway, I am totally going to watch this now, still need to finish the last ep though...
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MasturbatingBear
HazBazz said:
"I love the Bonus Round, but the show is so heavily based around the buisness side of gaming, that I can't help but think that Jeff is being slightly hypocritical by appearing on it. How many times has Jeff talked about how that side of gaming is stale and boring, yet here he is sitting next to Pachter, who at every opportunity just discusses how many consoles will be moved. I could tell from watching it that Jeff didn't really care about what Mike was saying, and really just wanted to talk about how he's pumped about games coming out."
Actually thats not hypocritical at all. Thats one of the dumber things ive heard. If Jeff had said he hated it and he thought everyone who worked on that side were "insert insult here" and then he appeared that would be hypocritical.
BOSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BOSS

Jeff was great on the Bonus Round.  It does remind me that alot of great games are coming out soon.  

If I was on the panel, I would have chosen Gears of War 2.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By get2sammyb
elbow said:
"I don't want to call Shane a fanboy, but fuck that guy has no mercy when it comes to the PS3 and Wii, he just rips them both a new asshole every time he talks about that. Watching - or rather hearing - him on Invisible Walls, it's like him just viciously ripping on those two consoles and the rest of the crew just trying to say "Hey Shane... don't you think you might be going a bit overboard?"

But yeah, Jeff was the only one who didn't have his head up his ass in this episode."
I thought I was the only one that noticed that. He is unbelievably harsh on the Wii and occassionally pretty fucking harsh on the PS3. Then - GameTrailers has history is all I'm saying. ;)

As for Pachter - can they please stop getting this guy on the show. He is the epitome of the term "analyst" -- full of bullshit.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By get2sammyb
HazBazz said:
That's rubbish.

Jeff was there to talk about games. Pachter was the only analyst on that show. And they only get Pachter on because he is a supposed "fan favourite". There have been "business"-like episodes of the Bonus Round but sometimes they just talk about games. While Pachter who knows fuck all about games will try to shift the conversation down that route Jeff was only talking about what he was passionate about - which is why he didn't give a toss what Pack-attack said.

Hence he was not being hypocritical.

Besides when he says the business side of gaming is "stale and boring" - he means that he doesn't want to WRITE about it on the GiantBomb. Which is good because it IS stale and boring. Fact of the matter is - it has to exist for us to get any games in the first place.