Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ProfessorEss
@DrPockets000 said:
" It's a rumor. "
I would say it's an easy to believe one.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Doctorchimp
@MooseyMcMan: Oh wow. I didn't know why it didn't link.. 

@DrPockets000: From a trusted source to Joystiq...and joystiq is pretty respectable. Not hard to believe, with them at EA.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By luce

Now where did I leave my pitchfork...

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones

Well I hope all focus is on the single player and multiplayer is an after thought

EDIT: By after thought I mean second. Of course I want it to be good but I would rather have a fantastic single player with a good multiplayer than the other way around.  But I do have faith in Bioware. Never let me down before

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dany

Well hoping this will be fun. ME2 is more of a shooter then the first, so If they more changes than hopefully it will be for the better

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dany

Well hoping this will be fun. ME2 is more of a shooter then the first, so If they more changes than hopefully it will be for the better

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By christ0phe

Blah, I'd rather there be no multiplayer

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great news. Being able to play Mass Effect with my friends will be awesome. 

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By MysteriousBob
@DrPockets000 said:
" It's a rumor. "
Yep. Just random bullshit to get pageviews. Looks like it worked. 
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Doctorchimp
@Dany: That's kind of what I'm afraid of. Mass Effect 2 was already on a fine line between RPG and Shooter. Does the inclusion of multiplayer mean Mass Effect 3 will further the change and just make it a shooter with dialog trees? Classes are just what weapons you want to start with?  

Makes me wonder where the focus is right now if they're going to shoot for a 2011 release.
Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Dallas_Raines

If Assassin's Creed can do it, so can Mass Effect. It'll be even easier with ME, they'll even be able to keep the leveling system intact since that's all the rage. It's a third person, cover based shooter with leveling, that's 90% of mulitplayer shooters out there, only difference is ME has magic.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vorbis

Aslong as it's seperated from the singleplayer. If it's done like Assassins Creed Brotherhood then I'm fine with it, the singleplayer didn't suffer in any way and the MP was fun.

Playable Turians, Asari, Quarians, Solarians, Geth, Volus, Hanar and Elcor or bust.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Jimbo

Ehhh, I don't know.  Shoving multiplayer into the third installment of a SP trilogy seems a bit much, even for Bioware.  I'd hope they'd just make it a spin-off if they wanna do multiplayer ME, then come back to ME3 when they figure out how they're gonna cram a second and third act into one game.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust

Everyone wants some of that Call of Duty money... 

“We want to take on the big boys of the multi-player genre,” says (Evan) Wells (of Naughty Dog Entertainment) 

As long as it doesn't take anything away from the standard single-player campaign, I don't care what they add to it.  Eventually, Bioware will do a Mass Effect MMO I believe so this will be good practice for them apart from the Star Wars thing.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People bitched when they found out Uncharted 2 was going to have multiplayer. Same thing for Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and probably a hundred other titles.  

Same shit, different game. 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By Jeust

I'm not for the multiplayer in ME, as I won't play it. 

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Undeadpool
@Vorbis said:
" Aslong as it's seperated from the singleplayer. If it's done like Assassins Creed Brotherhood then I'm fine with it, the singleplayer didn't suffer in any way and the MP was fun.  Playable Turians, Asari, Quarians, Solarians, Geth, Volus, Hanar and Elcor or bust. "
This. Before Brotherhood this would've really bothered me, but I don't doubt that Bioware can find a way to make the multi-player interesting and integrated. Or at the very least, make a fully realized single-player experience.
septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By septim

Lemme guess:

Class based combat with leveling and perkzzzZzzZZzZzzzzz...

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mosdl
@septim said:
" Lemme guess: Class based combat with leveling and perkzzzZzzZZzZzzzzz... "
No, its a blue alien dating MMO
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crusader8463

I just play Mass Effect to burn through the story, so I have zero interest in an online component. To be honest though, I'm not a fan of the way the story is progressing anyway so I will have to see what they do for 3 to see if I'm even going to be interested in the series anymore. By the end of two I was kind of warm on the whole series. It seems like every game Bioware makes I'm liking less and less each time. Ever since EA bought them I hate the direction all their games seem to be going in.

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

You had me at Mass Effect.

AceBlack19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By AceBlack19
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By FreakAche

Metroid, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Bioshock, and now possibly Mass Effect. Let's hear it for unnecessary multiplayer!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By jakob187
@Sackmanjones said:

" Well I hope all focus is on the single player and multiplayer is an after thought "

Yes, let's condemn a part of a game because we want to be picky about it!!! 

So many people had these same complaints whenever Bioshock 2 was coming out.  Turns out that game had a great single player AND great multiplayer.  Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is another recent example of a game that has a good single player and good multiplayer (despite all the gripes that can be made for either). 

Moreover, isn't this when the proverbial shit is hitting the muthafucking fan?  All out war and mayhem?  Seems like the PERFECT time to offer multiplayer functionality!

Here's the correct response, folks:  I hope that the multiplayer is just as in-depth and awesome as the single player, as I want the Mass Effect brand to be something that I can sink even MORE time into! 
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

Bleh =/ I wouldn't of minded some multiplayer spin offs, but multiplayer to be a feature in ME3?? Absolute ew.

tooPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tooPrime
@mosdl said:
" @septim said:
No, its a blue alien dating MMO "
Okay, now I'm on board.
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CptChiken

I hope it doesnt, i reckon it would be TERRIBLE, yes thats in capitals, thats how bad it would be.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By buzz_clik
@mosdl said:
" @septim said:
No, its a blue alien dating MMO "
With Kinect support.
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Oh, Bioware. I shall remember Neverwinter Nights fondly as your final achievement, given the horrific directions that Mass Effect and Dragon Age are going.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dallas_Raines
@GunslingerPanda:  

Gah, I hate change as well, gaming bro. I can't stand the word streamlined, why something ever need to be streamlined?  RPGs should only be played with hotkeys and WASD, fuck gamepads! Also, where are the numbers?! RPGs needs to have a constant armada of floating numbers, ITS NOT AN RPG IF THERES NO FLOATING NUMBERS!  I hate all those goddamn voices too, who needs audio in a video game?

actually FUCK that, RPGs should only be played with pens, paper and dice!     
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By WickedCestus
@Sackmanjones said:
" Well I hope all focus is on the single player and multiplayer is an after thought "
Or, you know, they could both be super awesome so the multiplayer wasn't a waste of time. Hoping the multiplayer is an afterthought is like saying you want a chunk of the development team to not work on the single player for absolutely no reason instead of making something else awesome. Give Bioware some credit, I think they know what they are doing.
Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Hourai

I don't mind as long as they don't make it a huge focus of the game. It could actually be pretty fun if they do it right. 

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I wish they would wait to do MP, I think, no I KNOW, Bioware can do it but they should make the best possible single-player conclusion to Shepard's story first, then MP.    

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By tourgen

what happened Bioware?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Dude, if I could join my friend's game and play as Garrus, that would be fucking killer.

Add co-op campaign support where friends (or randoms, but let's face it, friends) can hop in and play as your squad members.  They only have three powers (LB RB and Y) and carry two guns (hold X to switch) so they won't need to pause the action.  Or you can make it so the radial wheel only slows time down by 70% or so rather than stops it.  During cutscenes the Shepard player is still making the major dialogue choices, but now the squad members have a choice of a couple options to say, to keep your squadmates interested.

And then, as DLC or as Cerberus Network incentives to buy new, you can have a bunch of challenge rooms and so on designed for co-op.  Horde mode, some specially designed missions....

Are people really so down on multiplayer Mass Effect?  Imagine if they build it like old Battlefield games, and what you're playing is the Greatest Battles in the History of the Milky Way!  One team plays as the indomitable krogan as they assault the homeworld of the terrible rachni!  Cerberus attacks the Migrant Fleet attempting to secure a biotic girl, play as human Cerberus operatives or as the Quarian marines!  Days before the invention of the genophage, the krogan and the turians meet on Korlus in the bloodiest ground encounter of the Krogan Rebellions.  Relive the Battle of the Citadel as C-Sec desperately defends against the geth invasion force!  Or fight in the great revelation of the First Contact War, as the dawn of humanity in the galaxy brushes against the Turian Hierarchy!

Fuckin' Mass Effect multiplayer could be so fucking dope.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By iam3green

cool i guess. i don't didn't like mass effect really. i only played the first one.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40  Edited By Bones8677

I'm hoping that, now the shooting is right where it needed to be in ME2. They can work on the RPG aspect of the series for ME3, and we can have the perfect balance.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dany
@tourgen said:
" what happened Bioware? "
Oh, because they are really screwing the pooch, right? 

First off,  Mass Effect 3 is coming, it is coming out next year if these rumors are true. That is more than enough to get excited about, a conclusion to an epic space saga. Mass Effect 2 is more of a shooter and actually has a combat system that could potentially be moved over to multiplayer and be engaging and exciting. If they more more that route then I am excited. Look at hte differences between Mass Effect 1 and 2, those two games could not play any more differently. I'm sure they listen to critiques to the game and will make something great.
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jasta

I reckon I'd need to have a separate save for mucking around in multiplayer should it feature some kind of co-op.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Andorski

First thought on possible Mass Effect multiplayer:

1. Player 1 (RED) sees player 1 (BLUE) 
  2. Player 1 (RED) casts Pull on player 1 (BLUE) 
  3. Player 2 (RED) casts Pull on player 1 (BLUE) 
  4. Player 3 (RED) casts Pull on player 1 (BLUE) 
... you get the idea. 

With quite a few of Mass Effect powers being crowd control focused, finding a way to incorporate them in a multiplayer scenario could be difficult.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@Soapy86 said:
" People bitched when they found out Uncharted 2 was going to have multiplayer. Same thing for Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and probably a hundred other titles.   Same shit, different game.  "
True, but Mass Effect is an RPG franchise so I think people like me have a right to be up in arms about this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @Soapy86 said:
" People bitched when they found out Uncharted 2 was going to have multiplayer. Same thing for Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and probably a hundred other titles.   Same shit, different game.  "
True, but Mass Effect is an RPG franchise so I think people like me have a right to be up in arms about this. "
"RPG" and "multiplayer" are not mutually exclusive concepts. 
J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By J0n3s1

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/  

That will ease the pain..

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By xyzygy

I just need this game to be better than Mass Effect 1. I don't like waiting for the other parts of a trilogy when all along the first game was my favorite.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Ill wait for the reveal at the VGA.

Then I'll dance my happy dance or bury my copies of ME1/2 to mourn yet another great series gone to fuck thanks to idiotic decisions.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MysteriousBob
@xyzygy said:
" I just need this game to be better than Mass Effect 1. I don't like waiting for the other parts of a trilogy when all along the first game was my favorite. "
... what? The first game was horrible. It was only with Mass Effect 2 that the series achieved any actual quality.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By xyzygy
@MysteriousBob said:
" @xyzygy said:
" I just need this game to be better than Mass Effect 1. I don't like waiting for the other parts of a trilogy when all along the first game was my favorite. "
... what? The first game was horrible. It was only with Mass Effect 2 that the series achieved any actual quality. "
Mass Effect 1 is my favorite game of all time. It has awesome RPG elements that ME2 didn't have, an awesome story that ME2 didn't have, and way better atmosphere and music. ME2 was a good game, but it didn't fill my boots as far as ME1 is concerned. The only thing ME2 did as well as ME1 for me was the characters - mainly Thane, Mordin and Samara - all the other new ones weren't really that great. And I found the shooting in ME1 to be fine and I've never had any problems with it. 

Basically I felt like ME2 had gotten somewhat of a Hollywood treatment and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I still like it though, but no where near as much as ME1.