Know Your Meme: Giant Bomb edition.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#251  Edited By Grimluck343

Nice update! Maybe add ye olde Get Bent meme?

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#252  Edited By AssInAss

@NekuSakuraba said:

Jeff Bridges, is that you?
Jeff Bridges, is that you?

Tell me about ze multiplayer / Iz Jeff Bridges in eet?

This particular meme formed when the crew were talking and joking about foreign video game journalists asking stupid and/or unanswerable questions about Tron: Evolution. This includes asking about the games multiplayer and asking if Jeff Bridges would be in the game. (Thanks to TwoLines for information)

Oh and remember, all questions must be asked in a French accent! (If someone could find the podcast link to where they talk about this, it would be great).

It's from here, the Los Angeles E3 Day 2 podcast.

darthvader300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#253  Edited By darthvader300

yo fitty!! jump over dat big ass ramp!

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By Dan_CiTi

No "truly, this is the age of dragons"? I guess that's too old at this point.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By sweetz

I was looking for exactly this sort of thing. The guide version is very nice.

New Suggestions:

E3 Mysteries

This originated from the opening minutes of May 8th, 2012 Bombcast (featuring Adam Sessler). Pertinent conversation starts 6 minutes in. Ryan lamented that if you live in LA and go back home after each day of the show, instead of to parties and hotel rooms, it "took all the mystery out of E3." The staff found his choice of the word "mystery" funny and Adam Sessler started to joke The Hardy Boys solving E3 mysteries and things took off from there. Patrick registered www.e3mysteries.com and the joke hung around until the end of E3. Also led to anice piece of community fan art.

CHINA DON'T CARE

From the Sept. 11, 2012 podcast. Ryan's commentary on pervasive, institutionalized copyright infringement in China. Conversation starts around 55 minutes in; Vinny mentions that his XBox 360 controller receiver for PC died and that you can buy Chinese made knockoffs. Jeff remarks that the XBox wireless protocol is protected and needs to be licensed, to which Ryan replies with a definitive "China doesn't care." This lead to discussion that that CHINA DON'T CARE would be a fantastic dumb t-shirt and then dreams quickly turned into reality when the CHINA DON'T CARE black text on pink shirt became a reality as a promo item sold during the Big Live Live Show Live 3

FUCK RYAN DAVIS

Ryan championed the CHINA DON'T CARE shirt as his own creation. In response to Ryan's encroaching t-shirt monopoly, Jeff made the "FUCK RYAN DAVIS" pink text on black shirt. Also sold exclusively during the Big Live Live Show Live 3

Team Brad

At the end of Big Live Live Show Live 3, Brad once again set out to beat Call of Duty 4's "Mile High Club" level on Veteran difficulty in a special Breaking Brad segment to end the day. The live stream watchers and friends of Giant Bomb in the room with Brad mustered around his stalwart persistence at this seemingly futile effort. The "Team Brad" moniker and rallying cry quickly arose. So popular was Team Brad that for a moment in time #TeamBrad was a legitimately trending tag on Twitter. The community fervor erupted in a unifying and nearly transcendent moment when Brad finally beat the level around 7:20 PST on September 14, 2012.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did guides die in the redesign? Is the user that originally made this active in the community anymore? I still think having this resource and updating it is useful for new fans of Giant Bomb.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sweetz said:

Did guides die in the redesign? Is the user that originally made this active in the community anymore? I still think having this resource and updating it is useful for new fans of Giant Bomb.

Hey, I'm still here but for some reason I can't edit the page or access the guide version so I have been unable to update this for a while.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#258  Edited By audioBusting

@nekusakuraba: They changed the guide system (to one public guide per game) so all the guides from the old site are gone, I believe.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#259  Edited By Claude

This thread is worth a hoot and a holler. Little bump...

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to update any new people looking at this thread -

The guide version is gone and I am unable to edit the original post. I'd like to keep it all in one thread, but I could make another thread for newer memes seeing how this one is inaccessible?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nekusakuraba: Yes! Know Your GB Meme 2.0. You're doing the lord's work.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nekusakuraba: Maybe make a new thread with still relevant memes or something? Include the older memes that are still around, and the newer ones? I don't know...

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who turned out the liiiiiights?

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of these are just jokes :b you don't explain how the meme should be executed. Anyway, this thread brings back fond memories anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nekusakuraba Preferably one with less typographical errors.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#266  Edited By Snail
@nekusakuraba said:

Just to update any new people looking at this thread -

The guide version is gone and I am unable to edit the original post. I'd like to keep it all in one thread, but I could make another thread for newer memes seeing how this one is inaccessible?

Well, I wouldn't call these memes, more like in-jokes, but you could mention the Knife vs. Bat debate in the next edition, as well as, um... Hotdog Patrick? Not even sure where that one came from.

There's the references in the Adult Swim cartoons, though I'm not sure that qualifies for this "topic".

Trackmania? Skylanders? Crazy games Jeff gets obsessed with?

EDIT: This in addition to others that have been mentioned, such as #TeamBrad.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this should be revised, there is plenty of new ones now especially since Dan turned up like NOBODY WINS.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like this should be revised, there is plenty of new ones now especially since Dan turned up like NOBODY WINS.

I second this.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#271  Edited By Slag
No Caption Provided

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#272  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

@jonny_anonymous: Feel free to add to this. I don't think it warrants an entirely new thread, but this is definitely a thing that needs to be kept up to date.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I second this.

Third.

Also, as someone who joined the site after all these happened, this was really informative and interesting. Especially the <>. I've been wondering for YEARS where that one came from.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@afabs515 said:
@shadowswordmaster said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

I second this.

Third.

Also, as someone who joined the site after all these happened, this was really informative and interesting. Especially the <>. I've been wondering for YEARS where that one came from.

I think it came from this video.

Loading Video...

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is the clip of the Bombcast where Vinny talks about reading the Dragon Age Origins prequel novel and they talk about "Truly this is the Age of Dragons"?! I still can't find it on YouTube.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers