Last time a game REALLY pissed you off? (possible spoilers)

• 86 results
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

Nerd rage... rage quitting... just general getting pissed off with a game, whatever you want to call it, we have all had them one time or another. Now, I rarely get pissed off at games, but I just had a major rage quitting on Fallout 3. I havent played it since i finished it back in 08, but all the fallout 3 talk in various bombcasts made me check out the achievements and I noticed i didnt see a bunhc of side missions. So i booted it up again, on a save before the ending, and played a couple of hours, and had a lot of fun actually. Until it happened.

I got to a place I had never been before (basically im trying to check out all the undiscovered places), the GNR building (which i believe is the radio station?), and long story short, after fighting a ton of super mutants, i didnt save, and all of a sudden a giant one shows up and kills me just like that... about 40min or more lost, and something inside me just went "no...just...just no". Turned it off, put it back in the case, and I dont intend to touch it again, at least tonight :P I rarely get like this, hell i died a bunch in bayonetta and didnt bother me, but this for some reason, just made me snap.

So, what was the last time something similar happened to YOU?

ps: oh by the way, isnt killing one of those giant mutants a achievement? i had never seen one

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Undeadpool

I actually threw my controller back in the day with Guilty Gear and Guilty Gear X. A more recent example of rage would be basically any Capcom game with an unlockable difficulty.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By jimi

Demons Souls. All the time.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rhaknar

a follow up question, what kind of "rager" are you? the quiet, take a deep breath, put it back in the case and try not to think about it (which eats you up inside lol), or the "throw the controler, scream FUCK or something similar"? Undeadpool kinda already say which kind he is :P and im the quiet type like i said initially.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Driadon

I almost never rage at games, but that said, the last two where Uncharted 2, with it's fucking blue Avatar bastards that never die and kill you in two hits, and when I first started playing Street Fighter 4.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DeShawn2ks

This one is pretty easy because mine is real recent.  I just got a PS3 a few weeks ago for Heavy Rain and God of War 3.  I wanted to have the God of War series fresh in my mind when I played God of War 3 so I picked up the collection with the 1st two.  Well I am enjoying the game thinking its so amazing and getting me pumped for the 3rd one.  Then I get to the part were Kratos is in the under world.  I really don't remember this part and soon I learned why, I must of blocked it from memory. Having to balance on those dang spinning things while dodging spinning blades and trying to get all the orbs sent me into a rage.  Then after all that crap you have to climb this high wall with more spinning blades.  I was so pissed off I was hoping the people who had a hand in this level were fired.  For real this level almost ruined the whole experience I was so close to quitting and moving on to God of War 2.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Monster Hunter  just up until i got the hang of it, that game was considerably annoying at some points though. I love the psp version though, and well no way in hell i'm Rage Quitting in that :P

@DeShawn2ks said:
Then after all that crap you have to climb this high wall with more spinning blades.  I was so pissed off I was hoping the people who had a hand in this level were fired.  For real this level almost ruined the whole experience I was so close to quitting and moving on to God of War 2. "
Haha i remember people talking about that part, although i never found it as hard as people make it out to be it was still annoying.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

Um, how about last blog? God, I hate The After Years.

doctorpayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By doctorpayne

Demon's Souls. 

Fuck that shit.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Ravenousrattler

the last "throw the controller moment" i had was, when i was playing COD:world at war i had just gotten past all those trenches in the forest as the russian guy on veteran, it had really bad checkpoints and constantly spawning guys, and my friend wanted to play multiplayer but i hit join party and game by accident and it took me out of the game and did not save my checkpoint. So my poor friend got to hear me screaming into the mic before i chucked the controller. I never went back to COD:waw and i don't know if i ever will.

luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By luchadeer797

One time, this is when i was younger, I lost at the fire gym in Pokemon Saphhire after having gotten to it in record time for me, three/four hours, and turned off in anger after having not saved it. I turned it back on to see that their was no file and threw my GBA on the ground and but my heel through the screen. I also broke Midnight Club: DUB Edition when I was younger because of the bullshit, agressive AI. Was a breaker when i was younger and am now a swear-er when im raging.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By zeforgotten

What you described sounded more like your own damn fault for not saving and not the games fault :P 
Are you sure you're not just mad at yourself ? :P 

Seriously though, I never ragequit a game and I answered this in another topic about ragequitting too.  
I just don't see how a game could piss me off because, you know, it's a game o.O 

All I'm thinking about is some guy having a big argument with a game and calling it names and then turning off the game because the game is winning the argument. 
And that jus makes it sound even sadder, haha.

luchadeer797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By luchadeer797

@ZeForgotten: 
it was definitly my fault when i look back but when i was younger i blamed everything that led to me losing on a game.    

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By JJOR64

Last night.  I was trying to beat the last song on Elite Beat Agents on Sweetin' mode and I could not beat.  So I said "Fuck this game.  I'm never going to play this again."

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#16  Edited By beargirl1

Ninja Gaiden. fighting Alma. one of the only times i truly got angry at a video game.  

but, the last time was in Valkyria Chronicles. that game is difficult >< 

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zeforgotten
@twstdsniper: My "own fault" comment was directed at the OP really :P But it's your own fault too. 
People need to learn to blame the Lag. 
Lag is the only reason people mess up at games.
Liminality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Liminality

Right now.

When my team on Team Fortress 2 is useless.

sgt_waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sgt_waffles

I just started a game of Mass Effect 2 on the Insanity difficulty.  It has pissed me off a few times so far.  

I would say I'm liable to yell 'FUCK THIS GAME!' a couple of times, but I'm well past my controller throwing days.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#20  Edited By sjschmidt93

MW2's spawning consistently makes me go crazy. 

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rhaknar
@ZeForgotten said:
" @twstdsniper: My "own fault" comment was directed at the OP really :P But it's your own fault too. People need to learn to blame the Lag. Lag is the only reason people mess up at games. "
when did i say it wasnt my fault? I even said "i didnt save" so obviously it was my fault... which is what makes it even worse, because it was avoidable. It seems your avatar works for more than just the nsmbwii vs mw2 bet :p
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zeforgotten
@Rhaknar said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @twstdsniper: My "own fault" comment was directed at the OP really :P But it's your own fault too. People need to learn to blame the Lag. Lag is the only reason people mess up at games. "
when did i say it wasnt my fault? I even said "i didnt save" so obviously it was my fault... which is what makes it even worse, because it was avoidable. It seems your avatar works for more than just the nsmbwii vs mw2 bet :p "
I'm just saying you shouldn't be mad at the game and qutting, you should hate yourself dearly and reconsider your life :P 
It's your fault. 

Oh and I don't know if anyone has answered this yet, but yes. Killing all the Super Mutant thingies gives an achievement. 
I think there are 4 or 5 of them, so good hunting when you decide to play it again later :P
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By Yummylee

Mass Effect 2 when i encountered a glitch that deleted my save file, even the autosave. >=/
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HandsomeDead

The ending of Prince of Persia. So brainbogglingly stupid, I wanted to punch everything.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HaltIamReptar

A Spyro the Dragon game did it for me.  It was scratched, and kept skipping.  So instead of handling it like a logical, level-headed person, I took the disk out and broke it in half.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By hanktherapper
 Mirror's Edge made me do this.
 Mirror's Edge made me do this.
cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#27  Edited By cornbredx

All the time, most recent is probably Dante's Inferno. That damn malebolge stage and a few other areas. Mainly the old school locked camera pissed me off as it caused me to die a few times.  

To follow up question I build up in rage. First its screaming at the screen "COME ON!" "WTF?!?!" or something worse... builds to throwing the controller if the game is really bad though. 

That being said I dont like getting mad at games and usually if it pisses me off to much (like Me2 does sometimes) I have to stop playing or it ruins the rest of the day. 

@hanktherapper:
Ya that game pissed me off royally. Good concept but the game is a real MOFO to play. I have rage quit that game on many occasions.    
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By Jeust

Wet's quick time events on the freeway chase on the demo. Very poor...

JackiJinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#29  Edited By JackiJinx

I couldn't rightly say. I normally need to step away from a game for a smidge if I'm stuck doing the exact same thing over and over again. The last time I can clearly remember getting angry was playing a side mission in Mass Effect on hard with a sentinel, the one where you need to go to the several planets to destroy geth and the one that'd always have me redoing it was the one on the icy planet. I haven't touched it since.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Rhaknar
@Jeust said:
" Wet's quick time events on the freeway chase on the demo. Very poor... "
speaking of Wet, i recently finished it, and while the part you mentioned didnt give me any problems... the level where youre free falling and ONE hit kills you...oh man, that pissed me off
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By Ghostiet
@HandsomeDead said:
" The ending of Prince of Persia. So brainbogglingly stupid, I wanted to punch everything. "

This and Guild Wars. Doing shit with mercenaries got so fucking annoying at one point that I wanted to punch babies after I lost connection just before ending a mission that was a terrible pain in the ass.
immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By immike

Modern Warfare 2

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pwnasaurus

counter strike source has caused me to scream or go nuts more than occasionally
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jeust
@Rhaknar said:

" @Jeust said:

speaking of Wet, i recently finished it, and while the part you mentioned didnt give me any problems... the level where youre free falling and ONE hit kills you...oh man, that pissed me off "
Sorry to hear that, since i got the game. Call me masochist but i liked the demo, despite that.
Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rhaknar
@Jeust said:
" @Rhaknar said:

" @Jeust said:

speaking of Wet, i recently finished it, and while the part you mentioned didnt give me any problems... the level where youre free falling and ONE hit kills you...oh man, that pissed me off "
Sorry to hear that, since i got the game. Call me masochist but i liked the demo, despite that. "
i liked the whole game actually, its fun if repetitive. that level was just super annoying tho :D
w34ky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By w34ky

Well it wasnt the last time. But i remember my first time playing Legend of Dragoons, and well fighting that divine dragon was DAMN near impossible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AjayRaz said:
" Ninja Gaiden. fighting Alma. one of the only times i truly got angry at a video game.   but, the last time was in Valkyria Chronicles. that game is difficult ><  "
Why do people consider her to be so damn hard? I killed her on my first try. Potion use, probably?

The most frustrating thing for me was Gears of War1, when you fought your first group of Theron Guards. FUCK! It was one of the most difficult, but most satisfying things to even happen to me in gaming,
mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mikeeegeee

Been playing a lot of Geometry Wars 2 lately.... and nothing gets me to scream expletives louder than being on the brink of a high score and then fucking up.

bigall94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bigall94

It was said before, but I will mention it again. The underworld level in God of War was the most annoying, constantly failed, fucked up level ever. I didn't too bad getting to the end of it, but the FUCKING spinning pole with spikes...Christ. I have the sound of Kratos falling and getting hit and falling seared in my brain now. It's one of those sections that is so badly designed and so hard that you actually start to get worse as you do it, and then you can't stop doing it because then the game wins, and when you get it, it is when you are barely trying.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jeust
@Rhaknar said:
" @Jeust said:
" @Rhaknar said:

" @Jeust said:

Sorry to hear that, since i got the game. Call me masochist but i liked the demo, despite that. "
i liked the whole game actually, its fun if repetitive. that level was just super annoying tho :D "
Yep, that's how it strikes me. Fun on short spurs. Thanks for the reply!
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By End_Boss

SFIV. Oh god, SFIV.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Battlefield: Bad Company. When those fuckers spawn kill if you don't spawn back at base.

I just take the disc out and put it in the box. Put the box in my games shelf, and put in some Left 4 Dead for some mindless gratuitous violence.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jeust

Also the last boss on the original Assassin's Creed pissed me off. There was i during the game getting a bigger health bar, and that guy could kill me in one shot.  

Really really cheap!

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Fallen189

No Caption Provided
Final race.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iam3green

UFC undisputed 2009, i am on one of the events against sean sherk and he keeps on beating me. it is really touch fight to do. he keeps taking me down then ground an pounds me while i'm blocking. 

modern warfare 2 when getting spawned killed makes me pissed.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#46  Edited By Tuggah

Whenever I last played Madden 10. Done with that game, not realistic enough.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hatking

Recently Fallout 3 froze right after my discovering a side mission I must have missed.  I wasn't bothered by it too much... I just pretty much decided to put the game away and that I'd likely never play it again.  I already did most everything there was to do in the game anyway. 

Before that, about a week ago, I had rented Darksiders.  I was playing through the game, not enjoying the combat, not really caring about the story, and hating some of the missions.  Still for some reason I was playing through it.  Eventually I got to a point where I died like three times, then I asked myself "why am I playing this game?"  The only thing I could think of was "just to finish it," which didn't seem like a good enough reason.  I sent the game back and will never play it again. 

Long ago, my worst fit of rage, came courtesy of NFL Blitz 2001 (Maybe 2000? Not sure I block it out).  Anyway after winning the entire game up to the 4th the game decided it wasn't putting up a good enough fight.  What followed was the longest, most unfair, broken ass series of cheap events that has ever taken place in video game history.  Most would get angry and turn it off, some of the crazy people might even throw a controller, maybe destroy the game if they were really mad.  Not me.  I took the controller and in a fit of rage threw it at the Dreamcast.  The controller hit with enough force to smach the innards of the power switch effectively destroying my Dreamcast. 

FUCK YOU NFL BLITZ.
Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gargantuan

SFIV. Fuck that game. DOA 3 and 4 is much more fun, but that's maybe because I never played DOA online.
Sold it to GAME so I could buy ME2 at half price.

Callumrides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Callumrides

mw2

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dbz1995

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals. Damn lightning bolts come out of nowhere shooting my peeps whilst the main guy keeps berserking my characters.