• 75 results
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Jayge_

They need to get the fuck over themselves. if they don't like it, don't play the game. it's a good song too. Always getting so butt-hurt. They're words. People have the freedom to use them, and they can't dictate how, when, or in what manner. My respect level for anyone that defends this kind of behavior just continues to dwindle into the negative (where it was already).

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By MachoFantastico
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By get2sammyb
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By get2sammyb
TrueEnglishGent said:
"http://www.last.fm/music/Toumani+Diabate's+Symmetric+Orchestra/_/Tapha+Niang

That is the song causing all this madness, I don't speak that language personally so I'm not sure if I'm offended yet... give it a bit of time.

But sad because it's quite a catchy tune! lol, very LittleBigPlanet."
It is a very cool track you're right. I really like it. The beat kicks ass.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By Milkman
get2sammyb said:
"For people who still think this is a European delay - the likelihood is it's going to be a worldwide delay now. All the games are being destroyed as we speak.

Here's some proof all those who still think its a European delay, by the way. And, some more.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By get2sammyb

Do we reckon this will affect sales?

I was already expecting doom-mongers to call "Sony gloom" when the game debuts 10th on the charts anyway.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Aurelito

Official ownage! fuck if they want to avoid defending religions, they better beat the crap out of God of war first. Muslims sing quran as a rock music themselves. fuck extremists.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By brukaoru
SpaceInsomniac said:
"Meanwhile, over on the "people who happen to believe in Jesus Christ" side of the coin:

==========================================================
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance:_Fall_of_Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Ca...Man_Controversy

Resistance, along with Sony and Insomniac Games, has since become embattled with The Church of England for purportedly illegal use of interior shots of Manchester Cathedral to recreate the building within the game, as well as "promoting violence" within the building.

On 9 June 2007, the Church of England demanded an apology from SonyComputer Entertainment for briefly featuring Manchester Cathedral in the PlayStation 3 game Resistance: Fall of Man. The church also demanded that the game be removed from shop shelves or they would consider legal action. They also requested a "substantial donation".[2] Sony has apologized and has stated that it was not their intention to cause offense."
==========================================================
No recall, no patch, no action taken whatsoever, other than "yeah, whatever, sorry about that, go fuck yourselves."
Double standard much?"
I can understand that it seems to be a double standard, but Resistance 2 was released March 23, 2007 in Europe, this demand from the Church of England happened  2 months later. It's not really comparable, if the issue with the lyrics in LBP were found months later, then it would be comparable.

But either way, I don't see why a patch can't be released and new discs have to be re-issued instead.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By TheJollyRajah

You know, this is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Sony, my fucking God, calm down.

Look at Assassin's Creed, in that game, you ran around killing Muslims, Christians, and Jews. And nobody said shit about that game.

Yet, on one song, there are a few lines of scripture from the Qu'ran, and Sony flips out. It's not like they were mocking the Muslim faith, just adding some character and culture to the damn game.

I agree, Sony isn't handling this properly, and they deserve all this negative feedback.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
brukaoru said:
But either way, I don't see why a patch can't be released and new discs have to be re-issued instead."
You do realize that you could just as easily be talking about the Resistance issue in this quote, right?  Huge double standard.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By BoG
It's ok guys!
Instead of LBP coming out the same day as Fable II and Far Cry 2, it's coming out the same day as Fallout 3.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By brukaoru
SpaceInsomniac said:
"brukaoru said:
But either way, I don't see why a patch can't be released and new discs have to be re-issued instead."
You do realize that you could just as easily be talking about the Resistance issue in this quote, right?  Huge double standard."
Guess that's true. I don't think it's really a secret that when Christians are offended by something they are rarely taken as seriously as other religions being offended.
Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#63  Edited By MachoFantastico

Nice to see Sony doing what they can for you yanks! any news on a European Release date?

That's what worries me, I have a very odd feeling the EU Release will take a little longer. Not sure why! That god I got an unholy version coming.
Davvyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 19

#64  Edited By Davvyk

Personally i couldnt care less about the delay or LBP but it is yet more evidence that religion is a over protected beast and arguably a hypocritical one. At the end of the day the content was in there by mistake. By that i mean its religious connotations where not known as it was being added. Because of this no malace could of  been intended by the developer and therefore they should be forgiven as forgiveness is at the core of many religions.

On the flip-side of the argument however a case can be made for removing the content. Do we really need to give more amunition to individuals who would manipulate religion and its followers to there own will. The danish newspaper cartoons were evidence of this.

All in all its a very relavent and interesting development.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By get2sammyb

It'll be the 31st for those worrying in Europe. If they can manage to push back the US release by just a week I see no reason they can't do the same for the European release.

The game was due for release next week, October 24, but now some retailers are estimating the game may be delayed by three weeks until November 14.

However, GamesIndustry.biz understands that the title may not suffer such a long delay to retail, and a new date is expected to be announced by Sony next week.

mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mr_registered
get2sammyb said:
"It'll be the 31st for those worrying in Europe. If they can manage to push back the US release by just a week I see no reason they can't do the same for the European release.

The game was due for release next week, October 24, but now some retailers are estimating the game may be delayed by three weeks until November 14.

However, GamesIndustry.biz understands that the title may not suffer such a long delay to retail, and a new date is expected to be announced by Sony next week.

"

Here's hoping, though the American market is regarded as being more significant than the European one, so they could be pooling their resources to get a reasonably close re-release date for the US. Then breath a sigh of relief that it's finally out in one territory and then start getting to work on the others. But fingers crossed it's only delayed by a week.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BiggerBomb
mr_registered said:
"get2sammyb said:
"It'll be the 31st for those worrying in Europe. If they can manage to push back the US release by just a week I see no reason they can't do the same for the European release.

"

Here's hoping, though the American market is regarded as being more significant than the European one, so they could be pooling their resources to get a reasonably close re-release date for the US. Then breath a sigh of relief that it's finally out in one territory and then start getting to work on the others. But fingers crossed it's only delayed by a week."

Two questions, one related to the topic one related to the other question.

1. Why do you guys have to wait longer than us, if LBP is made by UK-based developer?

2. Why do you have higher oil prices than us, when our oil has to be hauled across the pond and yours does not?
kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#68  Edited By kush
BoG said:
"It's ok guys!
Instead of LBP coming out the same day as Fable II and Far Cry 2, it's coming out the same day as Fallout 3."
I love the fact that it just says the week of Oct 27th...and no actual firm date is mentioned. Maybe they'll release it on Halloween and when you open it; it just has a post-it note with "Sorry. No treat, only trick" in it.
Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Well first I've been seeing 14th November, but I've now been seeing 31st October. Either way I've just pre-ordered it off amazon which is still saying 24th October, so maybe I'll get lucky.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By shotaro

Why is the news to anyone? For some reason the largest gaming market (the EU has more gamers than any other region) is the one that is constantly getting screwed.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By lord_canti

how come in america and japan its put back a week but in Europe  its  been put back a week to unknown
[IMG]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c10/the_chojin99/pc7655338_std.jpg[/IMG]

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Lemegeton

fucking muslims. ever since the danish cartoon saga they make me sick. anyone mentions the name mohammed and they have a temper tantrum. i hate sony for pandering to their bullshit. the muslims act so bloody childish sometimes

mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By mr_registered
Lemegeton said:
"fucking muslims. ever since the danish cartoon saga they make me sick. anyone mentions the name mohammed and they have a temper tantrum. i hate sony for pandering to their bullshit. the muslims act so bloody childish sometimes
"

I think this is less about a fearing backlash from the Muslim community but more the fear of a backlash from the tabloids and hyper conservative types, imagine if something like the Daily Mail got hold of the story that a 'children' friendly game contained texts from the Qu'ran that read 'everything on earth will perish' and so on. Something like that could really damage the game's reputuation especially in the lead up to Christmas, primarliy because the market that Sony is trying to capture with this game won't be the videogame savvy audience that you or I represent, but the 'I saw an advert for this game on TV and it looks fun' kind of audience. And that audience is more likely to gain information and 'news' about the game from a tabloid than a dedicated videogames news site. Therefore If were to come out unaltered the tabloids would have a whale of a time creating some paper selling fear mongering unresearched story that may irrevocably tarnish Sony's touted killer app for the PS3.

Sony are just covering their bases making sure this game does what it's supposed to do, unfortunately it comes at price of a delay which only really matters to us 'core' gamers (god I hate that term). To the average consumer this game is and has always been coming out 'some time around the end of October', the weeks difference will make no odds to them.

I feel the best move Sony can pull now to appease the 'core gamers' (ie the ones who notice and care about the delay) is to either release a lengthy demo (with exporting of levels like properties) on the original release date or quickly whip up some unique content for download on the new release date as a 'sorry 'bout the delay guys' type package. Personally I don't think either will happen.
Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Lemegeton
mr_registered said:
"Lemegeton said:
"fucking muslims. ever since the danish cartoon saga they make me sick. anyone mentions the name mohammed and they have a temper tantrum. i hate sony for pandering to their bullshit. the muslims act so bloody childish sometimes
"

Sony are just covering their bases making sure this game does what it's supposed to do,

yeah i know and i know the bullshit complaints about resistance fall of man is making them more careful with this stuff , i just hate that these religious fanatics can hold such power, and influence something so innocent like little big planet. i understand sony covering their asses but at the same time i wish they would just leave the game as it is and ignore any criticism. but thats an ideal world and thats not what we live in

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15