Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

Many retailers say the game currently as no release date! some reports stating it'll be up to three weeks for the game to get released in Europe.

Article

That sucks, especially considering the game is made here in England? 

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mushir
TrueEnglishGent said:
"Many retailers say the game currently as no release date! some reports stating it'll be up to three weeks for the game to get released in Europe.

Article

That sucks, especially considering the game is made here in England? "
What the hell? Its made in England and its being delayed in Europe? Makes no sense.
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MachoFantastico

ok I have just heard a really odd rumour, not sure if this is true though.

But one of the reasons it could be delayed because one of the songs is offensive to a certain religion! O.o WHAT!!

I hope it's rubbish it I wouldn't be surprised, looks like I'm importing!
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Well, when sony has given you a crapload of money, and they say "We want to continue with our policy of screwing over europe in as many ways as possible by delaying the release of the game in europe, even though you're a UK based developer", you just nod and agree. That's what money does.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MachoFantastico
MattyFTM said:
"Well, when sony has given you a crapload of money, and they say "We want to continue with our policy of screwing over europe in as many ways as possible by delaying the release of the game in europe, even though you're a UK based developer", you just nod and agree. That's what money does."
I'd love to hear what MM say about this, I have a feeling it is a Sony issue more then a MM issue. But they probably won't be allowed to comment on it just yet, I remember listening to Mark Healey and he did admit that he was hopeing the games servers would be done before it gets released but that wouldn't delay a game!

So angry right now! so sick of Europe getting shafted by the world... how can we gamers keep taking it!
Alynablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Alynablaze

fuck you sony!

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MachoFantastico

It seems there might be some truth in that religious thing.

Apparently one of the songs in the game quotes a bit of the quaran in the background (ARTICLE). It could be the case, but it already seems a huge amount of hatred is filling Sony's site, sadly some of it racist! now I'm not racist but that seems like a pathetic thing to delay a game about!
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MachoFantastico

I can see all those Mohammed levels now! all of them taking the pee out of the religion. 

Well done Sony, you have made it even worse for yourself.
Solid_SnakeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Solid_SnakeXx
Alynablaze said:
"fuck you sony!"
This times a millon
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By brukaoru

Maybe they spent so much time having those special LBP stores that they forgot to make sure the release date was secured.

Edit: I don't know if it's the religious thing, but if it is, that's pretty lame. Someone will always find something offensive.

mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mr_registered

On an offbeat note, judging from what the lyrics allegedly translate to, the Qur'an sounds like a bloody good read. Especially when you have lines like 'Every soul shall have the taste of death' and 'All that is on earth will perish' croppin up, sounds a wee bit edgier than the wimpy new testament.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

All the more time to play old Mario games to memorise then recreate in LBP.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BiggerBomb
brukaoru said:
"Maybe they spent so much time having those special LBP stores that they forgot to make sure the release date was secured.

Edit: I don't know if it's the religious thing, but if it is, that's pretty lame. Someone will always find something offensive."

What have we come to? GTA IV doesn't offend enough fanatics to be delayed, but a puppet show does?
Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Play.com had listed the game being released on Hallowe'en in the UK. Now it's changed to the 24th.

Still at least if it is delayed, it wont bother me as i have Dead Space and Fallout 3 to deal with.
mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mr_registered

I actually doubt it's the Qur'an thing, because if it were it means that Sony is under the impression that Muslims only live in Europe and nowhere else.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr_registered said:
"I actually doubt it's the Qur'an thing, because if it were it means that Sony is under the impression that Muslims only live in Europe and nowhere else."
Maybe the EU has laws that give EU resident muslims more rights to complain about content going into media.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead
RhombusOfTerror said:
"mr_registered said:
"I actually doubt it's the Qur'an thing, because if it were it means that Sony is under the impression that Muslims only live in Europe and nowhere else."
Maybe the EU has laws that give EU resident muslims more rights to complain about content going into media."
No, the Muslims here just complain about everything and everyone else thinks it's intolerant to say no.
Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mushir

I am a muslim and I have no problem with this game. And I don't understand why any other muslim would have any problems with this game.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BiggerBomb
Twilight said:
"I am a muslim and I have no problem with this game. And I don't understand why any other muslim would have any problems with this game."

^^
Example of why just because someone follows a religion, does not mean the religion as a whole can be blamed. Some people are nuts, regardless of their beliefs.
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MachoFantastico

Still no news, I have personally took up an offer for a US version of the game from a mate and cancelled my GAME order. He actually as them in stock tho lives in London and won't be able to get the game to me until early next week. But at least I'm going to get it!

I hate sony for this, but I love them for Region Free console.
Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Philip

From what I heard it is a worldwide recall, not just EU.

I will try to find the source.
Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Philip
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead

Remember when the same thing happened with Ocarina of Time? These muzzers need to lighten up.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Otacon

Yeah its a worldwide call back. Anyone with an early copy now has the game much earlier than expected and also has a rare copy.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By kush

This is one of the stupidest delays I've ever seen. Really? ...all this over "two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an." That is just ridiculous.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Oh for fucks sake, I can literally hear or read "goddamn" in probably over 100 videogames, and that's quite literally breaking a commandment. No one gives a shit about Christians and what they find offensive to their faith, but lets all fucking bend over backwards to please the Muslims.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm not against Muslims, and I'm not against making a little change here and there for the sake of the Muslim faith. What I am against is the HUGE double standard that exists regarding these matters.

mr_registered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mr_registered

Sony would be wise to throw it's audience a bone and release a LBP demo or make the beta open and extend it. This is quite the monumental fuck up on Sony's part, imagine the shit storm if Halo 3 had been delayed because of something like 'two expressions'.

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MachoFantastico

Who wants to bet we see some Mohammed levels in LBP soon after release lol!

I don't like being racist at all, but these Muslims get upset if the wind sounds like it might be saying the name mohammed!

I feel for MM, I don't think they could have really seen this happening to be fair! all their hard work and excitment ruined by some upset religious fanatics who need to get laid!
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Demilich
Alynablaze said:
"fuck you sony!"
This guy gets a +2?

Sony has fuck all to do with this.
hughesie27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By hughesie27

So what now we can't have the same quotes that are in religious scripts now. Even if they are in completely different contexts. Plus it's a fucking song! It's expressive.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Demilich said:
"Alynablaze said:
"fuck you sony!"
This guy gets a +2?

Sony has fuck all to do with this."
Are you kidding me?  Even the guy who pointed this out just asked them to patch the game and make sure future copies don't have the offending song.  It's Sony who apparently doesn't have any balls, postponed the release, and will likely be destroying hundreds of thousands of discs to appease a very small portion of a very small amount of people who will ever play this game.  Meanwhile, as I pointed out, they wouldn't give a flying fuck if this were a Christian group asking that something be removed from the game. 

So yes, FUCK YOU SONY.  And while you're at it, fuck double standard bullshit like this too.
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MachoFantastico
Demilich said:
"Alynablaze said:
"fuck you sony!"
This guy gets a +2?

No but Sony didn't need to do a recall, the letter clearly states that they would want them to do a online patch that would remove the so called offensive song an eventually remove the song from retail versions. So it is kind of Sony's fault as much as those damn Musilims.... again! sick of saying that!
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Great post at the threespeech blog:

1. As a Muslim I find this absurd. Here are my reasons:

1. No offense was intended by the inclusion of this song in the game. This isn’t an offensive game. If anything I think it’s great that they were incorporating that culture in their game.

2. It seems like a patch could easily solve this problem.

3. This action is likely to incite people against a culture that many already have a lot of negative feelings towards.

4. The game has been in one of the most public Beta’s I’ve ever seen. How could this not go unnoticed long enough to cause a delay in the game?

5. The people who initially posted the complaint on the blog asked that the game be patched to correct the problem anyway (not withheld).

I’m upset about the delay too and really feel like this is a poor choice of how to handle this situation.

Comment by Tarek — Oct 17, 2008 @ 6:18 pm

Very well put.  Sony is at fault for this, and nobody else. 
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Demilich
TrueEnglishGent said:
"Demilich said:
"Alynablaze said:
"fuck you sony!"
This guy gets a +2?

No but Sony didn't need to do a recall, the letter clearly states that they would want them to do a online patch that would remove the so called offensive song an eventually remove the song from retail versions. So it is kind of Sony's fault as much as those damn Musilims.... again! sick of saying that!"
Sony ordered the recall just like they should have (from a business perspective, I couldn't care less about any of this). The same happened with Call of Duty 4, Zack and Wiki and several other games. Media Molecule put the song in the game.

But I do agree this is nothing a simple patch on day 1 couldn't have fixed.
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MachoFantastico

Official MM Statment!

"As some of you may have noticed, LBP has been slightly delayed in some territories. At MM we were as shocked and dismayed by this as anyone - shellshocked and gutted. We can’t wait for you all to get playing and creating!

We learnt yesterday that there is a lyric in one of the licensed tracks which some people may find offensive, and which slipped through the usual screening processes. Obviously MM and Sony together took this very seriously. LBP should be enjoyable by all. So within 12 hours of hearing about this issue involving a lyric (in Somalian, I believe!), we prepared an automatic day 0 patch and had a new disk image ready; however a decision was made within Sony that the right thing to do for quality and support of people with no on-line was to replace existing disks. They assure us that they are doing everything in their power to get things straightened out as fast as possible, and will announce dates soon.

Apologies to everyone excited to play the game and I can assure you that when it arrives, it will be worth the wait! We want everyone to be able to enjoy the game, and this tweak should help - we’re just gutted it couldn’t be sooner. MM continues to work hard to support the game too. We know that LBP will be something that you can enjoy for a long time to come, when all of this is forgotten and all that remains are thousands of incredible levels and creations to play, create and share.

[EDIT Sony are going to announce new dates and information re discs for each territory soon. We’ll keep you posted! The patch is ready from our side and I imagine it will go live at the same time as the game. More info when we get it. ] "

http://www.mediamolecule.com/

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
Demilich said:
"Alynablaze said:
"fuck you sony!"
This guy gets a +2?

The problem is, this isn't the first time that Sony has delayed stuff to Europeans. Or not necessarily delayed, but given us an unneeded release date a long time after the US date. Even if in this case it isn't their fault, it has been in the past, and it is natural to assume they're doing the same thing again, since they've done it so many times in the past. And as mentioned, there are other ways around this problem that wouldn't need a 3 week delay.
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
Demilich said:
just like they should have (from a business perspective...
Please, explain to me why Sony should have ordered a recall, even from a business perspective?
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Demilich
MattyFTM said:
"Demilich said:
"Alynablaze said:
"fuck you sony!"
This guy gets a +2?

The problem is, this isn't the first time that Sony has delayed stuff to Europeans. Or not necessarily delayed, but given us an unneeded release date a long time after the US date. Even if in this case it isn't their fault, it has been in the past, and it is natural to assume they're doing the same thing again, since they've done it so many times in the past. And as mentioned, there are other ways around this problem that wouldn't need a 3 week delay."
I live in Australia. Believe me, I feel your pain. But there is no real point in what you said other than "this sucks". It does. I suggest you play Dead Space, Fable 2 or Far Cry 2 in the mean time.
Bombsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bombsey
MattyFTM said:
"Demilich said:
"Alynablaze said:
"fuck you sony!"
This guy gets a +2?

The problem is, this isn't the first time that Sony has delayed stuff to Europeans. Or not necessarily delayed, but given us an unneeded release date a long time after the US date. Even if in this case it isn't their fault, it has been in the past, and it is natural to assume they're doing the same thing again, since they've done it so many times in the past. And as mentioned, there are other ways around this problem that wouldn't need a 3 week delay."
It's a worldwide delay, not just a Europeon one.
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MachoFantastico

What's also frustrating people aswell is the simple fact that Sony didn't do this for Resistance when they had their problems with the Church of England. Yet the Muslims come calling and everyone gets upset!

That is partly to blame for the anger aswell, I also find it odd that Christian Bands sing lyrics from the bible all the time yet we never hear anything about that! It seems to be as if Muslims have a chip on their shoulders and I honestly couldn't give a damn about them or there religion. I see enough of them where I live to tell you that normally they don't give a damn about you.

Also, there book tells people how to kill non muslims yet they find this offensive.... WHAT!!!

I'm done, just sick of them.... they'll probably go burn something, that's all they can do! burn stuff... pathetic!
Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Demilich
SpaceInsomniac said:
"Demilich said:
Please, explain to me why Sony should have ordered a recall, even from a business perspective?"
Suicide bombers.

But really, I'm not too sure. Probably image. This sort of thing isn't new. Sony isn't out to get you.
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MachoFantastico
Demilich said:
"SpaceInsomniac said:
"Demilich said:
Please, explain to me why Sony should have ordered a recall, even from a business perspective?"
Suicide bombers.

But really, I'm not too sure. Probably image. This sort of thing isn't new. Sony isn't out to get you."
HAHA I love it! fantastic.

Let's hope it becomes a costume in future DLC :D
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Official statement:
==========================================================
We learnt yesterday that there is a lyric in one of the licensed tracks which some people may find offensive, and which slipped through the usual screening processes. Obviously MM and Sony together took this very seriously. LBP should be enjoyable by all. So within 12 hours of hearing about this issue involving a lyric (in Somalian, I believe!), we prepared an automatic day 0 patch and had a new disk image ready; however a decision was made within Sony that the right thing to do for quality and support of people with no on-line was to replace existing disks. They assure us that they are doing everything in their power to get things straightened out as fast as possible, and will announce dates soon.

Meanwhile, over on the "people who happen to believe in Jesus Christ" side of the coin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resistance:_Fall_of_Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_Ca...Man_Controversy

Resistance, along with Sony and Insomniac Games, has since become embattled with The Church of England for purportedly illegal use of interior shots of Manchester Cathedral to recreate the building within the game, as well as "promoting violence" within the building.

On 9 June 2007, the Church of England demanded an apology from SonyComputer Entertainment for briefly featuring Manchester Cathedral in the PlayStation 3 game Resistance: Fall of Man. The church also demanded that the game be removed from shop shelves or they would consider legal action. They also requested a "substantial donation".[2] Sony has apologized and has stated that it was not their intention to cause offense."

No recall, no patch, no action taken whatsoever, other than "yeah, whatever, sorry about that, go fuck yourselves."

Double standard much?
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm absolutely: furious, gutted, dismayed, pissed, annoyed, upset, irritated, etc.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. And I've heard some stupid stuff.

*PRAYS FOR THE 0.0001% CHANCE THIS STILL MIGHT BE A PR STUNT*

MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MachoFantastico
Demilich said:
"SpaceInsomniac said:
"Demilich said:
Suicide bombers.

But really, I'm not too sure. Probably image. This sort of thing isn't new. Sony isn't out to get you."
HAHA I love it! fantastic.

Let's hope it becomes a costume in future DLC :D
jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jlaudio7
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Milkman

It's a worldwide delay, not just Europe. The situation is still equally ridiculous. I don't think I've ever heard of a game being delayed due to Qu'ran references. Nonetheless, it sucks. But maybe it will at least spread the release dates for the big AAA titles out a little bit.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Karmum

Can't they do this in updates? I have a feeling this is also delayed since a few big games are coming that week.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By get2sammyb

For people who still think this is a European delay - the likelihood is it's going to be a worldwide delay now. All the games are being destroyed as we speak.

I feel sorry most for the Muslims to be honest - no doubt the very small gaming community that are waiting for this game are going to be on their back over this when to be honest - what they asked for wasn't entirely unreasonable.

I also feel for Media Molecule.

What I don't understand is why people are making the fault out to be with Sony/the game. Ok Sony has over-reacted, fair enough. But if anyone should be feeling the shit of doing a religious mortal-sin surely they should be contacting the artist of the song himself?

I don't imagine MySpace are going to pull the song and his profile do you?