MMO drought

Avatar image for 45hefvserg 34t34 t3
45ysdfgsd g35t3t54 3t4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Yes you read that right. I feel like im going through an MMO drought. I know there are loads of MMOs out there but im talking good ones. Im completely burnt out from WoW and Guild Wars which i loved at the time but what now? I tried a free trial of WAR and it seemed pretty good but after reading the forums i didnt want to devote much time to it as apparently it goes downhill fast. LotRO is an awesome game but far far too quite. If it wasnt so quite id probably be playing that now and this your reading wouldnt exist. You cant play a quite MMO though. Whats the point? You might aswell play a decent single player game.

Anyway, one thing im really looking forward to is Guild Wars 2 but thats been put back to 2010-11! Champions Online looks like the next MMO worth mentioning thats due out soon but im not even sure if the whole comic book thing even apeals to me. Does anyone have any ideas? And im talking good MMOs.

45ysdfgsd g35t3t54 3t4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes you read that right. I feel like im going through an MMO drought. I know there are loads of MMOs out there but im talking good ones. Im completely burnt out from WoW and Guild Wars which i loved at the time but what now? I tried a free trial of WAR and it seemed pretty good but after reading the forums i didnt want to devote much time to it as apparently it goes downhill fast. LotRO is an awesome game but far far too quite. If it wasnt so quite id probably be playing that now and this your reading wouldnt exist. You cant play a quite MMO though. Whats the point? You might aswell play a decent single player game.

Anyway, one thing im really looking forward to is Guild Wars 2 but thats been put back to 2010-11! Champions Online looks like the next MMO worth mentioning thats due out soon but im not even sure if the whole comic book thing even apeals to me. Does anyone have any ideas? And im talking good MMOs.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#2  Edited By Vinchenzo

Just play some non-MMOs until the Star Wars one comes out. That way you don't overdo the genre.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

Check out some free ones. Silkroad, Runes of Magic, etc.

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Alex_V

Well you didn't mention Eve, but perhaps it's too different to what you've been playing.

I still think Age Of Conan is worth playing for a month, just for the first 30-40 levels. The first 20 levels compare very well to the whole of Oblivion imo. I don't know if they've sorted out the higher levels and the pvp or not though.

I'm surprised if LOTRO is quiet - I was thinking of giving that a go sometime this year.

45ysdfgsd g35t3t54 3t4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah its quite. i dont mean theres no one online. if you search for a group u will usually find one but towns arnt bustling like in other mmos thats all. its a shame.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tekmojo

EVE 

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By maxszy

I think unless you want to play something that is currently out.. you are going to have to wait for either Champions Online or Star Wars: the Old Republic. Both of those are probably the next two that will have many people and bustling cities that you want.

Though I must say, smaller servers can be fun. Especially if you find a consistent active group of people to play with. You just have to find that.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

There's a bunch of potentially good ones in development, at least. Guild Wars 2, The Old Republic, Aion, Jumpgate Evolution, and Champions Online all have potential.

Aside from that, a couple ones you can try are The Chronicles of Spellborn, Runes of Magic, Silkroad, and Cabal Online. They're all fairly populated. Take a look at this page, sort it by Rank, and check those games out too.

Avatar image for existentnighthawk
existentnighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By existentnighthawk
tekmojo said:
"EVE "
Second that. I love EVE
45ysdfgsd g35t3t54 3t4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm EVE is a wierd one. The reviews i read of it are never great yet there seems to be a lot of die hard fans out there. Why is it good?

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Alex_V

Interesting link, AnimZero, because according to that Xfire users play Age Of Conan more than LOTRO and Warhammer. I do think Conan did some things really well - amazing graphics and some great voice acting too.

In terms of quiet cities, it really depends on the game and the way it's structured. You can find bits of Wow that are always empty.

Have you thought of playing a MUD? I tried a few old ones just to see what they were like, and there were other people online on them.

45ysdfgsd g35t3t54 3t4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So no one can tell me why EVE is good? Interesting....

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Tylea002

I think those that can tell you why EVE is good are busy. Playing EVE.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_
bmassah said:
"So no one can tell me why EVE is good? Interesting...."
You could, you know, go type in "www.google.com" and then search for information about EVE, instead of waiting for someone to deliver the information to you on a silver platter. That would work too.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#15  Edited By the8bitNacho
bmassah said:
"yeah its quite. i dont mean theres no one online. if you search for a group u will usually find one but towns arnt bustling like in other mmos thats all. its a shame."
Rivendell and Bree are usually bustling with activity on the Brandywine server.
poser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By poser

Unless you just lost your job or something EVE is far too complex and involved for anyone to actaully play. 

45ysdfgsd g35t3t54 3t4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jayge said:
"bmassah said:
"So no one can tell me why EVE is good? Interesting...."
You could, you know, go type in "www.google.com" and then search for information about EVE, instead of waiting for someone to deliver the information to you on a silver platter. That would work too.
"
Yeah i know. But while were talking about it here, i thought the people here who are saying 'play eve' might be able to tell me why. Sorry for using the forums to talk about games.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#18  Edited By mike

It's cool dude, you can talk about EVE if you want to. I did try the trial and the depth of the game really intrigued me, but I found it about as entertaining as smacking myself in the head with a rock. It was a combination of things I think. The time-based training system is a total bore...I much prefer grinding out my experience in an MMO rather than waiting for it. Also, you feel so disconnected from the combat in EVE. I know you're flying a freakin spaceship, but this game's combat system makes the fighting in WOW look brilliant.

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dauragon

I played a bunch of free mmo's for a while. Silk Road, Space Cowboy, FlyFF. They are good if you are just looking for a nice little grind to pass the time.

I would still be playing guildwars too if I hadn't switched my janky laptop over to Ubuntu.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I playing Warhammer at the moment and I`m enjoying it, I can't see it going downhill fast, seems like it's doing ok for itself.

JJGIANT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By JJGIANT

There are plenty of good free ones out there that don't seems to get enough limelight. However there are an equal number of mindblowingly awful ones so be careful. I recommend Perfect World, Fiesta or Tales Of Pirates online.  Also EVE is pretty good but it's very slow and not really to my taste.

I played WOW for over 2 years and I now dislike the genre as a whole. I mainly only played it because my freinds did. 

Thats the thing with the mmo genre, they are only fun to play with people you know, well thats my opinon anyway.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Did you play Ragnarok Online back in the day? If not, you totally should do. It's the best MMORPG I've ever played.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jayge_
JJGIANT said:
"There are plenty of good free ones out there that don't seems to get enough limelight. However there are an equal number of mindblowingly awful ones so be careful. I recommend Perfect World, Fiesta or Tales Of Pirates online.  Also EVE is pretty good but it's very slow and not really to my taste.

I played WOW for over 2 years and I now dislike the genre as a whole. I mainly only played it because my freinds did. 

Thats the thing with the mmo genre, they are only fun to play with people you know, well thats my opinon anyway.

"
Disregard Fiesta and Tales of Pirates. Both are utter crap. Perfect World isn't bad, but not as good as Silkroad or Runes of Magic.