• 80 results
JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By JoeyRavn

Oh, OK. It looks like the WiiU's gamepad for PC. It looks cool, but I just can't see any scenario in which it would prove to be useful to me. I much rather get a new monitor or better GPU (which I would have to either way, since my GTX 570 isn't compatible with Shield).

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By coakroach

Silly Nvidia.

Handhelds are for JRPG's.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Is Grizzly Bear getting in on this?

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By geirr

Eh.. meh..?

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#55  Edited By Legend
@envane

ou ya this looks ok

I see what you did there.
fram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By fram

God damn, this year will be a very interesting one for games. All these Android devices coming out of nowhere, Valve still to drop their hardware, now this NVIDIA thing... Pressure is building on MS and Sony to really knock it out of the park with new consoles, because anything less might not be enough!

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By groverat

Having full Android on this is the real take-away. That environment is going to get richer and richer. SuperGNES on a nice 5" touchscreen with a full controller? Given the right price the emulation capabilities alone are going to be enough to sell a lot of these.

One problem is that it might be a pain-in-the-ass to play touch-focused games on this, and touch-focsed games are a big deal because of the large number of Android phones out there.

But I'd say the biggest risk is how much gaming might be ghettoized on Android. TegraZone, OuyaStore, Amazon App Store, etc... might all start battling with each other over exclusives and fragment the userbase in a way that keeps Android as a gaming platform from being developed to iOS levels.

The ability to stream Steam is just nuts. Plus all the normal touchscreen time-wasting you can do outside of games.

It's interesting. Writing this thing (and the eventual clones) off right now is silly. This isn't an N-Gage situation.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Funkydupe

Funkydupe likes this.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Ducksworth

Will buy it just for the emulation possibilities.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By OfficeGamer

@Worcanna said:

As silly as this sounds, if people WANT to play PC games at other points of their house, they would put the PC there. No room? They tend to find ways.

Believe me there are more idiotic people out there than you think, who make a big deal about moving a nightstand-sized PC to another room and would rather buy an expensive assbackwards "Steam streaming" nVidia-manufactured handheld robot to play their PC games on their TVs.

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By groverat

@OfficeGamer said:

@Worcanna said:

As silly as this sounds, if people WANT to play PC games at other points of their house, they would put the PC there. No room? They tend to find ways.

Believe me there are more idiotic people out there than you think, who make a big deal about moving a nightstand-sized PC to another room and would rather buy an expensive assbackwards "Steam streaming" nVidia-manufactured handheld robot to play their PC games on their TVs.

Is it "expensive"?

Is it "assbackwards"?

Why are "Steam streaming", "nVidia-manufactured", "handheld", and "robot" bad things?

I am trying to decode your outrage and I'm having a very hard time doing it.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Jams

@groverat said:

@OfficeGamer said:

@Worcanna said:

Is it "expensive"?

Is it "assbackwards"?

Why are "Steam streaming", "nVidia-manufactured", "handheld", and "robot" bad things?

He's upset because he doesn't have a Nvidia GTX 6xx card and now he can't play Skyrim while taking a shit. He's very constipated about it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By Ravenlight

@Jay_Ray said:

@Th3_James said:

STEAM STREAMING TO IT.......I CAN PLAY MY PC GAMES IN THE BATHROOM OR MY KITCHEN NOW. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I'm never leaving my bathroom now

Might I suggest an upgrade if you're going to live in your bathroom?

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By groverat

I'm going to need a translucent blue hand to replace this ugly fleshy one I've got now.

Can't wait for Valve to show what it's been up to and offer up more details on the Steamer.

ValeYard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ValeYard

I think this shows that 2013 could be one of the most interesting years for gaming hardware. I'll be very interested in the price of this device. With this and maybe even a steambox and the next Xbox, I better start saving for some potential purchases!

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ryanmgraef

Ummm...don't android games suck? I'm just curious cuz I don't have one. Also this thing looks a bit stupid,but i buy anything if it has a a game I want to play. I'm looking at you vita,you mother fucker.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By grilledcheez

This seems really...weird.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By OfficeGamer

@Jams said:

@groverat said:

@OfficeGamer said:

@Worcanna said:

Is it "expensive"?

Is it "assbackwards"?

He's upset because he doesn't have a Nvidia GTX 6xx card and now he can't play Skyrim while taking a shit. He's very constipated about it.

You got me... Damn that 600 series, damn it to hell!

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By jay_ray

@Ravenlight said:

@Jay_Ray said:

@Th3_James said:

STEAM STREAMING TO IT.......I CAN PLAY MY PC GAMES IN THE BATHROOM OR MY KITCHEN NOW. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I'm never leaving my bathroom now

Might I suggest an upgrade if you're going to live in your bathroom?

Well damn, I do like my tech gadgets, never thought I'd buy a high tech toilet though. Off to Amazon I guess...

And to all the people saying if you want to play PC games in a room that isn't your office/computer room to just move your PC that would be incredibly time consuming and the exact reason why so many people prefer consoles. Anything that makes playing PC games on my regular TV easy to do should be welcomed instead of shunned.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By me3639

I personally have zero interest in any portable gaming.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Azteck

They didn't learn anything from THQ, did they?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#72  Edited By jakob187

@coribald said:

This thing will never happen. Way too insane. We'll hear that it's been cancelled within a year due to "unforeseen changes in the market" or some nonsense.

...except that it's releasing before June.

Personally, I think it's fine, but it's trying to be too many things at once without focusing where it needs to be. PC gamers typically aren't the types to want to play their PC games on a handheld, and the PSP as well as Vita both prove that people don't want to play lengthy adventures on a small screen.

At the same time, I like the idea of Nvidia getting into the consoles business solely because it should make this thing very affordable since they are the ones providing the GPU overall.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By wrecks

Streaming from my current gaming PC to the living room without having to build out another gaming PC is what makes this thing compelling. Beating Steambox to the punch.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74  Edited By s10129107

Wasnt there a different version of this that already failed.

Worcanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Worcanna

@OfficeGamer: So here is the thing. The thing with PC gaming, is that i want to play games...at my PC, with all the things that come with the PC. If i wanted a trashy looking handheld, with a iphone size screen to play HD games which will be scaled too small for me to see anything, in a attempt to look all cool ...in my own house because that is all its good for, then i don't know...i think id not play games. That is the same thinking that said we wanted the Ngage before we were ready for it. The screen res for that thing can't be high enough to play gaming at a size that would make it even worth it. You'd think Nvidia of all people would get that handhelds do not go with PC gaming.

groverat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By groverat

Or maybe NVidia of all companies sees where the most new demand for powerful graphics comes from since they're the ones who make all of this stuff.

Even if this is nothing more than a tech demo, it's kind of cool.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Dacnomaniac

Definitely looking forward to this, WAAAAY more than the Ouya. I think the whole HDMI, and streaming thing sold it for me.

EDIT: If you haven't already seen it:

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By blair

What a terrible time to release a handheld.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Dacnomaniac

@Blair: Wat. They haven't released it yet...

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By blair

@Dacnomaniac: I'm speaking in terms of the general business cycle.

JasonLeeson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By JasonLeeson

Doomed to fail. Stop them.