Bum deal Kleptok, sorry for your loss.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#502  Edited By Toxeia

I saw this thread a week ago and avoided it because I figured people would come in here and be baiting people to start fights about Patrick's writing style. God I wish I'd come in here. I doubt he'd have seen it, but I feel like a schlub for not knowing about this terrible news and passing on my wishes until just now.

Patrick, I love you (no homo.. maybe a little, your hair looks soft). My thoughts are with you and I pray that you and your family will remain strong.

And seriously, what a beautiful thing to say. This really tugged at my heart.

[...] Lake Geneva. I could not have asked for a better place for his final hours.

In that reaction I can tell how well you knew your father and what a wonderful and loving connection you'll always have. I'm truly and genuinely envious of that.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#503  Edited By sparklykiss

I tend to take my time with threads and comments like these, but I really don't know what to say as this was a rather big surprise to me at the time as well as to everyone else. But I do wish Patrick and his family the best and they have my condolences. <3

Kain55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#504  Edited By Kain55

Well I wish I had seen this thread sooner, but I suppose better late than never. Condolences to you Patrick. I can only imagine what the loss of my father would do to me, and how hard it would be on my entire family so I wish you the best. Be strong and know that this entire community is reaching out to support you. May your father rest in peace and his memory be with you always.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#505  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@TimmyChaw said:

@Brenderous said:

@Dogma said:

And as this also was an appreciation thread I will also say that you are the best thing that has happened to Giant Bomb during this year. Screw the haters. This site continues delivering interesting, fun and thoughtprovoking content and you are a big part of that. The quality writing you do is among the best in the field.

This.

Also this. Huge hugs man!

Can't really figure out anything to say, but I'll reiterate this. Patrick's been a fantastic addition to the site.

RobbyGreene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#506  Edited By RobbyGreene

Our thoughts are with you Patrick.

mrmanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507  Edited By mrmanga

I am so sorry for your loss Patrick.

I hope you are staying strong, sorry for being a bit late with the condolences but i haven't been on the site for a while.

Orange_Tory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#508  Edited By Orange_Tory

This past week I listened to Tested's Octoberkast. During one of Patrick's segments, if memory serves, he talks about how he got into video game journalism after Gary Whitta asks him. Despite his youth Tricky Klepek explains that he has been at this a long time, and he considers the start of his path to his current place when he attended the first E3 when he was thirteen. His father took him there, and joined him at many events for years to come, including even once he was working for Whiskey Media/Giantbomb.

While the passing of Patrick's father was sudden and tragic he can take comfort in the fact that passed away somewhere he loved, while his son was building a life for himself that he loved, and he helped start.

My deep and sincere condolences, Patrick.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#509  Edited By N7

I, too, thought this would be some snarky article about Patrick's articles. And I, too, wish I would I came in here sooner.

My dad died almost two years ago. It was THE worst thing I had to go through, and it'll probably be the worst thing I'll ever go through.

You never imagine your parents dying, and I can't imagine what it must have been like to lose him so suddenly. Fuck, bro. I am really sorry for your loss. :(

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510  Edited By CaLe

I never checked this thread and didn't know why so many people were welcoming Patrick back in his post yesterday. I had no idea.. I've gone through it myself but any advice I could give would sound cold-hearted so I won't. Sorry for your loss Patrick.

Paddles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511  Edited By Paddles

I'm sorry for your loss Patrick. I too am yet another which lost a parent more than a few years ago and somewhat understand what you must be going through, and that it's an emotional and often surreal time. I personally found (and find) a lot of strength in people who had gone through the same or similar situation, both personally (including the rest of the family) and blogs etc. online, and are support/examples that show managing loss and finding strength, even if if it will not be the same, and I can verify that it happens if that helps. And if you do decide to write something I'm sure it might also help someone down the line. And I hope you and your family enjoy your wedding, however it proceeds.

My thoughts and condolences to you and family.

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512  Edited By blacklab

Condolences, my friend. My thoughts are with you and your family.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#513  Edited By hermes

For what its worth, I want you to know we are all with you...

sthusby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#514  Edited By sthusby

I'm so sorry for your loss. Only piece of advice I can offer is to not only mourne his passing, but also celebrate his life. Even though I personally don't know anyone of the GiantBomb staff, I think we all agree that we at least have a pretty good idea of who you guys are through the podcast and video content, and I'm sure your dad was very proud of you, and he had all the reason in the world to be. Also, you're a damned good writer, so maybe try to find some semblance of comfort by putting down a few words.

SonKite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515  Edited By SonKite

I am so sorry for your loss. You are very important for this site.

Shimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#516  Edited By Shimmy

Hang in there Patrick. We got your back.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#517  Edited By Lemmycaution217

Can't say I know what it feels like to lose a parent, but try to hang in there, man. I really appreciate the great work you have done for this site. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Sucks, man. But that's what parents do sometimes. My parents are also dead, if that's any consolation.

It might seem weird, but try to make the best of it by leading a happy life. It's what parents want in their hearts, despite what opposing actions could be interpreted otherwise. Hang in there.

Qwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#519  Edited By Qwinn

Just found out about your fathers passing. I'm so sorry. Regardless of your spiritual beliefs I will keep your family in my prayers.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#520  Edited By Dagbiker

Often people will say how crappy this community is, but threads like this, 26 pages long, all supporting Patrick. Just goes to show how awesome this community is.

Welcome back Patrick.

Avatar image for thehideousshrew
thehideousshrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521  Edited By thehideousshrew

@fisk0 said:

@TimmyChaw said:

@Brenderous said:

@Dogma said:

And as this also was an appreciation thread I will also say that you are the best thing that has happened to Giant Bomb during this year. Screw the haters. This site continues delivering interesting, fun and thoughtprovoking content and you are a big part of that. The quality writing you do is among the best in the field.

This.

Also this. Huge hugs man!

Can't really figure out anything to say, but I'll reiterate this. Patrick's been a fantastic addition to the site.

This is everything I wanted to say too so I'll be lazy and just quote them. Also, 'Worth Reading'

has become one of my favourite things on the site and I'm glad you've found the time to resume it, even with everything that's happend. Patrick, you are The Man.

SteepInKline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#522  Edited By SteepInKline

Patrick, just wanted to say that you are one of my greatest influences in wanting to potentially pursue a career in games journalism (right up there with Jeff). I appreciate all of the hard work you do, and am always interested in reading what you have to say about some of the more obscure indie games.

Sorry for your loss.

ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#523  Edited By ethan_raiden

Don't know what to say. Good luck Patrick.

ErisRon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524  Edited By ErisRon

Sorry for your loss,man. I know how it feels like to lose someone from the family. My condolences.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525  Edited By Quarters

Man, I just now heard about this. I'm sorry, Patrick. I hope you and your family recover, and grow closer as a result of this. Take all the time you need, and keep up the great work.

Qjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526  Edited By Qjt

Sorry for your loss, I hope your wedding will still be a joyous time.

Cheers mate and thanks for making Gaintbomb even more awesome during the past year!

essi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#527  Edited By essi2

My Condolences duder, can't even begin to imagine what this must be like.

Avatar image for eddie_and_the_fist_monkeys
Eddie_and_the_Fist_Monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad Patrick, I'm glad to hear that your in the right place at the moment back home. You've been a great asset to the site and it's hard to imagine a Giant Bomb without yourself after the impact you've made. Make sure you take all the time you need, I lost my Mum a year and a half ago it's very hard but stay positive surrounded by family. I hope you have a great wedding.

benguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529  Edited By benguin

Here's wishing you and your family the best Patrick. My subscription to GB just renewed and I remember that I first signed up after you joined the crew because it then became an even more amazing deal.

SargeGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530  Edited By SargeGulp

You're one of the best things about this site.

My condolences to you and yours.

dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531  Edited By dr_ryan

Patrick, you are always one of the highlights of the podcast. You straddle the line of being hilarious but informative well. Giant Bomb is a better web site and a better community with you in it.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

lucianotassis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532  Edited By lucianotassis

Be strong, Tricky. Your dad keeps living in all your memories of him. My condolences to you and all your family. I hope you have a great wedding.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#533  Edited By golguin

I'm going to a funeral tomorrow for my uncle. My last funeral was for my grandma a few years back. It's never easy, but as long as you have a tight family for support you'll pull through.

Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534  Edited By Titl

My condolences, don't know what else to say other than i feel sorry for your loss.

solidwolf52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#535  Edited By solidwolf52

Take your time getting back. The scoopz will wait for you.

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#536  Edited By drjota

Sorry for your loss Patrick.We're all fortunate to have people and memories to look back on for what little time we have.Carry those memories with pride,and you'll allow someone else to do the same in your stead.

My sympathies and respects.

Avatar image for christopherson329
christopherson329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

best wishes trick

thebigJ_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538  Edited By thebigJ_A

I missed this, didn't realize anything had happened till today's Worth Reading.

I offer my condolences, and best wishes. Those we love live on in our memories.

dantron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539  Edited By dantron

My condolences to you and your family.

Havok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540  Edited By Havok

I'm not that eloquent when it comes to matters such as this, but keep your chin up duder. We're all pulling for you and your family.

mike28212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541  Edited By mike28212

I just read the news. I am very sorry for your loss Patrick. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

DCam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542  Edited By DCam

All the best, Patrick to you and your family. Condolences.

BigMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#543  Edited By BigMike

Hey Patrick,

I'm sorry this is a week late. About a year ago I was involved in a car accident in which my wife and daughter were traveling with me. It was at higher speeds and ended up being hit head on. My wife was almost killed. I spent a week straight crying. I thought I was going to lose her. I guess this isn't appropriate since she's still alive and has mostly recovered. But I know the grief you're feeling. Its okay to grieve dude. Its a huge loss and feels like a hole in you that won't be filled. My thoughts are with you and your family Patrick.

Avatar image for trustypelletgun
TrustyPelletGun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544  Edited By TrustyPelletGun

I'm very sorry for you and your family, Patrick. You're respected, supported and loved by the GB community. Here's wishing you continued strength and courage, fond memories of the past, and thoughts of happiness to come.

ShenaniganZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545  Edited By ShenaniganZ

Wow Im tearing up. So sorry for your loss. I lost my mother last year to a heart attack only 6 days after the birth of my son. I remember the last conversation we had just a few hours before she passed. She was so excited to come and see her first grandchild as Im sure your father was excited for your upcoming wedding. I remember the first time I listened to the Bombcast after she passed, i remember feeling like it was the first normal thing that I had done since she passed. You guys were instrumental in my grieving process. Thank you for giving me that little sense of normalcy during my loss. It was huge. I only wish I could do the same for you.

Kayrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546  Edited By Kayrack

Sorry for your loss, and my condolences to you and your loved ones.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#547  Edited By jerseyscum

Glad to see you back duder.

householddutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548  Edited By householddutch

I'm sorry Patrick, our thoughts are with you.

I'm glad you're part of this site!

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just opened this thread for the first time.

Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you.

Also, welcome back. It's good to see Worth Reading up again.

jocumo89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550  Edited By jocumo89

Sorry for your lost, Patrick. I have a real respect for what you do. You bring a great sense of integrity to your work and it shows. You have our support.