Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

MOLE said:

"You really make it sound like theres nothing coming out for hte 360 next year. 

I beleive Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 are coming out next year."

Sorry if I made it sound that way, there is a ton coming for both consoles, my point was PS3 has more going for it.

And I believe those two are multiplat... Bioshock 2 anyways, ME has been hinted at heavily, and rumored.

Fr0Br0 said:
"WTF does Haze have to do with anything? And for bringing that up you are nothing more than a fanboy trying to bait me so I'm done "discussing" your lack of knowledge about good games."

Dude, it's what fanboys do, don't sweat it, lol. He is a sad fanboy who can't get his head out of his butt, and that's fine.
MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
MOLE said:

Sorry if I made it sound that way, there is a ton coming for both consoles, my point was PS3 has more going for it.

And I believe those two are multiplat... Bioshock 2 anyways, ME has been hinted at heavily, and rumored.

I thought they were timed exclusives, meaning they will come to the PS3 a year later

We all know God of War 3 is coming out next year, but what else is there?
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By pause422

ME will probably continue its trend of being 'exclusive' to the 360 for several months,than have a PC version in the works afterwards,and Bioshock 2(and any other bioshock game after it) is now multiplatform, that has been said to be aimed for fall of 09,but ME2 hasn't as much as been mentioned recently. If bioware does ME2(which I hope at least,they didn't do kotor 2) it won't be out in 09 I'd imagine,they got a lot on t heir plate,working on a PC game now,a nintnedo DS rpg, Kotor mmo(possibly also a kotor 3 single player game),can't do everything at once.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
MOLE said:

I thought they were timed exclusives, meaning they will come to the PS3 a year later

We all know God of War 3 is coming out next year, but what else is there?"
BS2 will most likely be day in date launch, if not then they lied when they said the only reason its BS1 is coming to PS3 now is because they didn't know the system well enough and didn't have time.

MAG? Agency? Infamous? Killzone 2? Maybe even Heavy Rain? And there are lots of titles that have yet to be announced, one of which will be amazing, trust me (I know someone who saw footage), and then you have titles still in the dark that we know very little about, but wait till Leipzig for that stuff I would assume. Oh and R&C may come in 09.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By pause422

I honestly doubt Leipzig will show light on anything currently in the dark, never really been the place for debut big announcements. I think more accurately it would be next years E3 lol

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TwoOneFive
Guiltyspark said:
"TwoOneFive said:
"by the end of 08, ps3 will be unanimously judged the better system by everyone. online and off, it will pwn 360"
who is this everyone you are speaking of?
"
everyone except for you of course. lol i was only exaggerating duh. but i do think ps3 will actually be the superior system after 08 and 09. as soon as home kicks in, and all of the amazing exclusives coming out and other stuff too
Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Guiltyspark
pause422 said:
"I honestly doubt Leipzig will show light on anything currently in the dark, never really been the place for debut big announcements. I think more accurately it would be next years E3 lol
"
e3 died this year

MS confirmed that it will start hosting its own events like X05 and x06
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By pause422

Everyone knows e3 died,honestly died mostly last year, still at least games are annoucned at E3 more than Leipzig regardless, even if a few game annoucements are all any e3 ever has anymore, it'll be more info than leipzig would give I think. It died because of its size,not because they didn't give at least some useful infomation on upcoming updates and games.

or I should say for the most part,not annoucning many games at an e3 anymore,but at lest showing some gameplay of ones you had no idea what they were before, only real use it seems to have now. I just don't think new exclusives are gonna be annoucned at an event like Leipzig over e3.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Guiltyspark
pause422 said:
"Everyone knows e3 died,honestly died mostly last year, still at least games are annoucned at E3 more than Leipzig regardless, even if a few game annoucements are all any e3 ever has anymore, it'll be more info than leipzig would give I think. It died because of its size,not because they didn't give at least some useful infomation on upcoming updates and games.
"
leipzig is going to be massive this year

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pause422 said:
"I honestly doubt Leipzig will show light on anything currently in the dark, never really been the place for debut big announcements. I think more accurately it would be next years E3 lol
"

Trust me, it will lol. It will debut things again, that's for sure.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By pause422

I guess I'll have to see,I've never really followed much about it,I just figured because of its location and it (regardless of e3 dying) alwys being a second event to e3 they wouldn't bother announcing shit. But if you're pretty sure,I hope you're right. looking forward to some new updates on anything really,debuts would be amazing.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Guiltyspark

I believe alan wake will be there

but im setting myself up for dissapointment

their PR team is non existant

Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Iffy350

E3 died because Sony and Microsoft are whores and spent millions of dollars on there individual booths three E3's ago(06' I believe) only to have everyone flock to the Nintendo Wii booth so sony and microsoft called fowl and nintendo and the general gaming public got issued a red card and sidelined for the rest of eternity because Sony and Microsoft both totally suck!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By pause422

lmao,if Alan Wake is actually there,with any updates on basically anything I would be amazing.  really hoping to hear more about that,and heavy rain as well. Both titles kept really under the radar atm.

or imagine.. if HUXLEY was there! yeah,don't think for a second we would ever hear news about that.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Guiltyspark
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By pause422

Not really my type of game,but it looks great visually from those screenshots. Only game out there like that now is Ace Combat and the upcoming tom clancy hawx I think.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Guiltyspark
pause422 said:
"Not really my type of game,but it looks great visually from those screenshots. Only game out there like that now is Ace Combat and the upcoming tom clancy hawx I think.
"

the new tom clancey game dissapointed me , looks incredibly generic and it doesnt touch the quality of ac6
Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Guiltyspark
I want to know more about far cry 2

specifically the
new map editor

That is my main hope for leipzig other than birds of prey

i dont ask much
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By pause422

Oh yeahI'm right there too,I've only heard them describe how its supposed to be "the best map editor you've ever seen " or something along that lines, the gameplay I've seen of teh game looks great,but I'd love to hear more about that,and how Multiplayer would work in an open world FPS. I mean would they just tac on differnt maps out of no where? or it be like GTA as in you seculde certain areas off or maybe just go everywhere.. I'm interested to  hear more definitely,but I can say that about plenty of games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, map editing in FC2 sounds hot. Anything with editing/creating turns me on in a game.

natsfan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71  Edited By natsfan7
Sentry said:
"VG Chartz is shit, bro. But if you do line up the consoles, the PS3 is right at the same point of 360. Can you believe that?

PS3 - Launched with competition already in the market (360), and laucnhed with a really high price ($600), and had a big lack quality titles.

360 - Launched with no competition, a year before PS3/Wii, (therefore more people could buy it with ease/no doubts), and was only $400.

And even though these factors are here, PS3 is still right next to 360 when lining up the launches? That is pretty funny IMO.. and PS3 is even selling more then 360 in EU, despite being more the one year late.

Maybe it's just me, but that's crazy.
"

*Writes your name in my fanboy notebook's PS3 section *

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

I'm sorry you don't know me.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By pause422
natsfan7 said:
"Sentry said:
"VG Chartz is shit, bro. But if you do line up the consoles, the PS3 is right at the same point of 360. Can you believe that?

PS3 - Launched with competition already in the market (360), and laucnhed with a really high price ($600), and had a big lack quality titles.

360 - Launched with no competition, a year before PS3/Wii, (therefore more people could buy it with ease/no doubts), and was only $400.

And even though these factors are here, PS3 is still right next to 360 when lining up the launches? That is pretty funny IMO.. and PS3 is even selling more then 360 in EU, despite being more the one year late.

"

*Writes your name in my fanboy notebook's PS3 section *"
uh,no. And this all happened long ago and is over with,don't troll.
dwarfzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By dwarfzilla

I think it's mostly xbox 360 owners buying Playstations as second consoles. I think the PS3 will hit a barrier when it breaks 20 million.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By MOLE

The PS3 should be doing better especially since theres over a 100 million PS2 owners

And whats the suprise if the 360 doesn't do better?

The Xbox 1 only sold around 25 million units

127 million units >>>>>>>>>>>>> 25 million units

Suprised there???^^^

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOLE said:
"The PS3 should be doing better especially since theres over a 100 million PS2 owners

Suprised there???^^^"

How should the PS3 be doing better when it came out at 20 dollars more? 360 came out with NO COMPETITION, no Wii, no PS3 on the market, when PS3 came out, there was Wii for people to choose from, and 360 for people to choose from. Add that to the fact that in the beginning PS3 didn't have many quality games. So honestly it is surprising.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By get2sammyb
Sentry said:

"
It's true but Microsoft's inherent problem is that it has no presence in the Eastern region and a lot less presence in Europe than the PS3. Therefore it only has strength in America where it's getting outsold by the Wii anyway. Sony will overtake eventually.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, if PS3 is ruling it in Japan, and Europe despite the year late release, I think eventually America will be caught up too. Inevitable when you keep in mind how long one will be on the market versus the other.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"The PS3 should be doing better especially since theres over a 100 million PS2 owners

Suprised there???^^^"

How should the PS3 be doing better when it came out at 20 dollars more? 360 came out with NO COMPETITION, no Wii, no PS3 on the market, when PS3 came out, there was Wii for people to choose from, and 360 for people to choose from. Add that to the fact that in the beginning PS3 didn't have many quality games. So honestly it is surprising.
"

Your not getting it, yeah sure the Xbox didn't have any competition, but the fanbase for the 360 was sooooo tiny.  Its not like half the PS2 owners were like "HEY I"M GOING TO BUY A 360 NOW".  It didn't happen that way and I didn't expect it to becuase people that follow a brand usually stick with that brand. 

In fact, i'm actually suprised how well the 360 is doing at this time, becuase by the end of this year the 360 will surpass the Xbox 1 units sold. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:

Suprised there???^^^"

"

Your not getting it, yeah sure the Xbox didn't have any competition, but the fanbase for the 360 was sooooo tiny.  Its not like half the PS2 owners were like "HEY I"M GOING TO BUY A 360 NOW".  It didn't happen that way and I didn't expect it to becuase people that follow a brand usually stick with that brand. 

In fact, i'm actually suprised how well the 360 is doing at this time, becuase by the end of this year the 360 will surpass the Xbox 1 units sold.  "

But the people who are with Xbox are HARDCORE, many of the PS2 owners are people who just game, not like Xbox owners who are core to that console. Therefore when 360 came out many people from both sides jumped on and bought one, especially because they didn't want to wait a year for PS3. And PS3 came out with a high price and with 360 in the market, with many PS2 owners already having a 360, so it is surprising how well it is doing IMO, because you have to understand the PS2 core is not like the Xbox core. The PS2 guys will buy whatever, not like fanboys who say I need PS3, Xbox core are more like 'we love xbox, halo, where is the next xbox' because that core is so small.

Yeh dig?
MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:

Suprised there???^^^"

"

In fact, i'm actually suprised how well the 360 is doing at this time, becuase by the end of this year the 360 will surpass the Xbox 1 units sold.  "

But the people who are with Xbox are HARDCORE, many of the PS2 owners are people who just game, not like Xbox owners who are core to that console. Therefore when 360 came out many people from both sides jumped on and bought one, especially because they didn't want to wait a year for PS3. And PS3 came out with a high price and with 360 in the market, with many PS2 owners already having a 360, so it is surprising how well it is doing IMO, because you have to understand the PS2 core is not like the Xbox core. The PS2 guys will buy whatever, not like fanboys who say I need PS3, Xbox core are more like 'we love xbox, halo, where is the next xbox' because that core is so small.

Yeh dig?
"
So if the Xbox 360 is "HARDCORE", whats the PS3 considered......"SUPER HARDCORE"???
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By somesthetic

wait, does hardcore mean dumb?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:

Suprised there???^^^"

"

Yeh dig?
"
So if the Xbox 360 is "HARDCORE", whats the PS3 considered......"SUPER HARDCORE"???
"
WTF? Are you serious? Do you even know what core means? THE CORE FANBASE, genius. Majority of Xbox owners are core to that system, not hybrid, where the PS2 is a lot of casual gamers.

Jesus fucking christ people take everything and spin it into some fanboyish debate/remark, its really sickenening.
MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MOLE

But, i'm saying that the PS3 seems more HARDCORE beecuase at this time, they are not really reaching out to a Casual audience like the Nintendo and MS are doing.  Unless you count Home and LittleBigPlanet later this year.

I heard that MS made the 360 white becuase it has a more Casual/Core look to it, and the Xbox 1 scared peoples memory and thinking of the Xbox brand name being a "Hardcore" console

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? Sony was the first to every reach out to the casual audience, back on the PS2, with Buzz, Eye Toy, and SingStar, which are all huge, huge games now. And look what MS is doing, they have there own Scene It game, Buzz rip off, Lips, SingStar clone, and the camera game they showed at E3, which is clearly an Eye Toy copy.

So yes, MS is now trying to do what Sony has been doing, basically, reaching out to the casual. But are they? Not really, to be honest.

And yeah, they originally did that, and look where we are now, the system is hardcore gaming system, people don't buy it for Uno on XBLM.

Dissolve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By Dissolve

Plus, MS copied the Emmy award winning XMB from Sony.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, are you talking about the new dashboard? Meh, I don't see the similarities to be honest.

Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#88  Edited By Shadow2K6
MOLE said:
" But, i'm saying that the PS3 seems more HARDCORE beecuase at this time, they are not really reaching out to a Casual audience like the Nintendo and MS are doing.  Unless you count Home and LittleBigPlanet later this year.

I heard that MS made the 360 white becuase it has a more Casual/Core look to it, and the Xbox 1 scared peoples memory and thinking of the Xbox brand name being a "Hardcore" console

"

Funny most consider both 360 and PS3 just hardcore gamers' consoles.  There was a article in OXM in 2007 on how Microsoft has not reached to casuals in any way.
n1ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By n1ck

wow QQ mor plz  xbl the greastest  only 50 dollers for a year

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"Really? Sony was the first to every reach out to the casual audience, back on the PS2, with Buzz, Eye Toy, and SingStar, which are all huge, huge games now. And look what MS is doing, they have there own Scene It game, Buzz rip off, Lips, SingStar clone, and the camera game they showed at E3, which is clearly an Eye Toy copy.

So yes, MS is now trying to do what Sony has been doing, basically, reaching out to the casual. But are they? Not really, to be honest.

And yeah, they originally did that, and look where we are now, the system is hardcore gaming system, people don't buy it for Uno on XBLM.
"

I would actually say both ways, they reached out to a hardcore audience and a casual.

But I would say the first was the NES, yeah I know doesn't seem like it, but I watched this video which was about the NES.  And Nintendo had to market the NES as a kids toy (sort of), becuase back then video games were thought of as a fad or styled out by people.  Shocking becuase Nintendo has done the same thing with their Wii, but about 10X more just to save their own asses this time around.

Oh yeah, the Eyetoy is a copy of the Dreameye from the Sega DreamCast. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would say 360 has reached out to hardcore and casual audiences? Lol, alrighty then, do some more research.

PS- Not really, have you ever used the Eye Toy?

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Yeah it's pretty close imo.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jayge_
Guiltyspark said:
"pause422 said:
"Not really my type of game,but it looks great visually from those screenshots. Only game out there like that now is Ace Combat and the upcoming tom clancy hawx I think.
"

the new tom clancey game dissapointed me , looks incredibly generic and it doesnt touch the quality of ac6"
Ace Combat has been in a slump for quite a while. Many considered AC6 to be a disappointment. The thing that excites people about HAWX is the new control schemes and planes- they look totally awesome, and the ability to hotswitch the controls on the fly has people buzzing. If you want generic, you couldn't go wrong using a tired Japanese sequel-machine as an example.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By pause422

I'd prefer no one try to reach out to t he casual ever again,but thats probably not going to happen.

and actually,no its not. They're copies of any fucking WEBCAM,just with added games set to them,jesus. its not one anyone invented that recently, it doesn't take rocket science or a great idea to think of it.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"You would say 360 has reached out to hardcore and casual audiences? Lol, alrighty then, do some more research.

PS- Not really, have you ever used the Eye Toy?
"
You misunderstood me, I meant the Playstation has done that, sorry

I have used the Eyetoy before, and the reason I said the Eyetoy is a ripoff of the Dreameye is becuase everyone is claiming that MS has copied everything around them, which is true, but some of those companies have copied other things in the past. 

It goes in a big circle when it comes to companies copying eachother in some form or another.  And yes, MS has copied things from Nintendo and Sony, i'm not trying to deny that.

And from what I see, MS is taking the Casual approach this fall with all those gay things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, the industry is filled with copying, and that is a good thing. But there is a fine line between taking an idea and improving upon ot, innovating upon it, and blatantly ripping off a concept.

What MS is doing with Avatars, for example, in my eyes as I have used Miis many times as well as using Home for over a year now, is blatantly ripping off an idea, from both sides. What they are doing with Lips on the other hand, a SingStar clone (seriously, same design and everything), is not blatantly copying, because they are actually bringing innovations to the table, such as being able to rip music from your iPod, along with other things. This is a perfect example of what MS is doing lately, copying a lot of different things and claiming it there own, but most (Avatars, Scene It, etc) are truly just rip offs, but then there are some (Lips) that are not.

This is one of reasons why I dislike MS, even way back before the 360/PS3. They see what others are doing, its reeling in money, and they think 'hey, lets do that', whether that means to do it in a simple approach, or expand on the idea.

Eye Toy, another example, was something really innovative even though it has been done in the past, because it has never been done like this. Wii motes, another example, its technology is nothing new, really, but it is presented in a way that is.

The list of copying goes on and on, but there are categories in where to judge them as, rip-offs, or re-thought.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#97  Edited By hazelnutman

lol @ VGCharts

Falkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#98  Edited By Falkien

PS3 is expected to be Xbox 360 because Blu-ray feature and good games like MGS4.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"Yeah, the industry is filled with copying, and that is a good thing. But there is a fine line between taking an idea and improving upon ot, innovating upon it, and blatantly ripping off a concept.

What MS is doing with Avatars, for example, in my eyes as I have used Miis many times as well as using Home for over a year now, is blatantly ripping off an idea, from both sides. What they are doing with Lips on the other hand, a SingStar clone (seriously, same design and everything), is not blatantly copying, because they are actually bringing innovations to the table, such as being able to rip music from your iPod, along with other things. This is a perfect example of what MS is doing lately, copying a lot of different things and claiming it there own, but most (Avatars, Scene It, etc) are truly just rip offs, but then there are some (Lips) that are not.

This is one of reasons why I dislike MS, even way back before the 360/PS3. They see what others are doing, its reeling in money, and they think 'hey, lets do that', whether that means to do it in a simple approach, or expand on the idea.

Eye Toy, another example, was something really innovative even though it has been done in the past, because it has never been done like this. Wii motes, another example, its technology is nothing new, really, but it is presented in a way that is.

The list of copying goes on and on, but there are categories in where to judge them as, rip-offs, or re-thought.
"

Look at this website for example, it resembles alot like Wikipedia.  And it even uses Avatars, and other websites do the same. 
Do you hate Giantbomb now becuase of that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, yeah that is true.

When Sony copies MS with a service called "PlayStation Live", you can't complain MOLE! :P