Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"Lol, yeah that is true.

When Sony copies MS with a service called "PlayStation Live", you can't complain MOLE! :P
"
I won't, I already prepared myself if they did becuase I know what MS has done.  So its only fair.
baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By baller

sales doesn't matter.  both play video games and that's all that matters

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103  Edited By atejas
TwoOneFive said:
"by the end of 08, ps3 will be unanimously judged the better system by everyone. online and off, it will pwn 360"

nostradamus has spoken.
diaphragm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By diaphragm

As a PS3 owner/Fanboy I have to say, The PS3 is coming strong with its updated PSN, and The last thing I saw updated on the 360 was its XBL blades  which is copying the Wii's ideas and getting rid of the blades, which were great to have, was a stupid idea in the first place. I used to own a 360 and I had problems with the hardware, and software, it was just a hassle, I havn't had any problems yet with the PS3, and thats where I think most people are switching over(besides Blue-Ray.. but c'mon you have to admit, blue ray is pretty awesome.)
Toriko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#105  Edited By Toriko

At the current moment the 360 is winning sales since the price drop

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"Lol, yeah that is true.

When Sony copies MS with a service called "PlayStation Live", you can't complain MOLE! :P
"
I won't, I already prepared myself if they did becuase I know what MS has done.  So its only fair.
"
Bahaha, yeah right. XD

Toriko said:
"At the current moment the 360 is winning sales since the price drop
"
I just can't stand you dude..

That avatar is sooo annoying!! Lol, I actually like the guy but come on, he keeps staring at me!
Avatar image for deactivated-62fae2132a6ff
deactivated-62fae2132a6ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I hate getting involved with console wars, the number of consoles sold means nothing to me. Its all down to which console has the most software which interests me. And quite frankly, the PS3's lineup is pretty shoddy. Im not a MS fanboy, i hate them with a passion. I believe the PC is the greatest platform there ever is and will be.

With consoles its all down to who has the better exclusives, ignore tech, ignore online features. Which has more games that interest you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkez said:
"I hate getting involved with console wars, the number of consoles sold means nothing to me. Its all down to which console has the most software which interests me. And quite frankly, the PS3's lineup is pretty shoddy. Im not a MS fanboy, i hate them with a passion. I believe the PC is the greatest platform there ever is and will be.

With consoles its all down to who has the better exclusives, ignore tech, ignore online features. Which has more games that interest you? "

PS3 line up is pretty shoddy? :S Don't they have more exclusives this year and next year? Just saying. :P

Both have awesome exclusives though, if you CAN, get both. My best friend lives right next to me, known him for nearly 10 years now and he has all three systems, so I can basically go there is I ever want to play anything = awesome sauce. It's like owning everything, but not really! Lol.
Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Meresin
The better the competition, the better the games and lower the prices.

I'm kinda hoping that competition from Sony kills the Live tax so I can talk myself into buying a 360. It's one of the few things holding me back.
SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#110  Edited By SSbabel

Well put, the closer they are the lower the prices and 1st party games will be killa.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Jordan23

Eventually, PlayStation 3 will surpass both Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii (it's just a matter of time). Blu-Ray is a valuable part of the consumer world now and this format is steadily catching a lot of interest. I've recently had a friend who was looking to purchase a Blu-Ray player, so he just went ahead and bought a PlayStation 3.

filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By filiwian

Does it matter? What ever happend to the good old days when people just played games for fun.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meresin said:
The better the competition, the better the games and lower the prices.

I'm kinda hoping that competition from Sony kills the Live tax so I can talk myself into buying a 360. It's one of the few things holding me back."
Sadly, by the time that happens (MS removes $50 sub.), Xbox 720 will be nearing...

Jordan23 said:
"Eventually, PlayStation 3 will surpass both Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii (it's just a matter of time). Blu-Ray is a valuable part of the consumer world now and this format is steadily catching a lot of interest. I've recently had a friend who was looking to purchase a Blu-Ray player, so he just went ahead and bought a PlayStation 3."

Isn't PS3 slowly catching up to the Wii in Japan?
jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By jlaudio7

I'm gonna buy a PS3 whenever they release the new SKU. It really blows that they axed BC, but I've got an old PS2.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#115  Edited By mike

What new SKU?  Should I wait to buy a PS3?  I was going to go looking for an 80GB MGS4 bundle today, I need it to be BC.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116  Edited By TheJollyRajah
MB said:
"What new SKU?  Should I wait to buy a PS3?  I was going to go looking for an 80GB MGS4 bundle today, I need it to be BC.
"
Yeah, there's no more BC in the newer models........ a shame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he means the new 80GB $399 SKU. And yeah, no BC is a shame, people don't seem to care too much though, but it'll come sooner or later in software, but by then I could care less about playing PS2 games tbh.

I wonder when they will have PS2 games up for DL like PS1 games on the PS Store.

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Major
Sentry said:
"Eventually, PlayStation 3 will surpass both Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii (it's just a matter of time). Blu-Ray is a valuable part of the consumer world now and this format is steadily catching a lot of interest. I've recently had a friend who was looking to purchase a Blu-Ray player, so he just went ahead and bought a PlayStation 3."

Isn't PS3 slowly catching up to the Wii in Japan?
"
not sure if you mean  total sales or monthly

but july 21-27 sales in japan:

- PSP: 67,452 6,572 (8.88%)
- DS Lite: 56,968 2,437 (4.47%)
- Wii: 41,024 221 (0.54%)
- PS3: 10,692 561 (4.99%)
- PS2: 9,291 244 (2.56%)
- Xbox 360: 4,941 733 (17.42%)

So yeah, not even close.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#119  Edited By mike
Sentry said:
"I think he means the new 80GB $399 SKU. And yeah, no BC is a shame, people don't seem to care too much though, but it'll come sooner or later in software, but by then I could care less about playing PS2 games tbh.

I wonder when they will have PS2 games up for DL like PS1 games on the PS Store.
"
What new 80GB $399 SKU?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no clue, I read a few articles how it went from something like 5:1 to a lot less, who knows. I was talking about the monthly sales, twice in a row though I believe. Again, it was an article, I think on Kotaku?

I forget. :P

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By spiredcrescent

I do think ps3 will eventually catch up with 360 if it keeps the momentum going, i personally haven't bought a ps3 yet, but i think if theres 1 or 2 more big game announcements i may just go ahead and grab one, they would have to be surprise exclusives though.  Maybe marvel vs. Capcom 3?

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By MOLE

Its possible that the upcoming price drop can make the 360's sales jump foward alot more.  In America, people will be jumping over that thing like its crack.

Especially with the shitty economy, people now have an alternative choice for gaming instead of the Wii, and its cheaper

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#123  Edited By Aarny91

I'll agree.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#124  Edited By Jayge_
Sentry said:
"Arkez said:
"I hate getting involved with console wars, the number of consoles sold means nothing to me. Its all down to which console has the most software which interests me. And quite frankly, the PS3's lineup is pretty shoddy. Im not a MS fanboy, i hate them with a passion. I believe the PC is the greatest platform there ever is and will be.

With consoles its all down to who has the better exclusives, ignore tech, ignore online features. Which has more games that interest you? "

PS3 line up is pretty shoddy? :S Don't they have more exclusives this year and next year? Just saying. :P

Both have awesome exclusives though, if you CAN, get both. My best friend lives right next to me, known him for nearly 10 years now and he has all three systems, so I can basically go there is I ever want to play anything = awesome sauce. It's like owning everything, but not really! Lol.
"
Exclusives, and the fact has been proven as time goes on, have nothing to do with quality. I don't know why PS3 fans obsess over exclusives anyway. Most of theirs seem to be games nobody wants to play. Not saying I wouldn't want to (a lot of PS3 games seem pretty overshadowed, but look really good), but the general consensus is that the 360 has the more appealing lineup. I don't know why. I hate Gears of War; but that's a different story.
Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#125  Edited By Shadow2K6
MOLE said:
"Its possible that the upcoming price drop can make the 360's sales jump foward alot more.  In America, people will be jumping over that thing like its crack.

Especially with the shitty economy, people now have an alternative choice for gaming instead of the Wii, and its cheaper"

Yeah afterall $50 (pro) and $100 (arcade) decreases is so much money!   /sarcasm

Seriously unless you live in a low income area thats not really a reason to buy a 360 then just to buy one now.  The only way 360 (or PS3) will see a sales increase is if a major game comes out (like when MGS4 came out last month) or during the holiday season.  Most people don't buy things just because its cheaper, if that was true then no one buy a iPod or iPhone and Apple would have been out of business a long time ago.  There will be one time 360 sales will have a significant increase and thats when Gears of War 2 comes out.  Just like I said earlier when MGS4 came out PS3 had a significant increase.  When PS3 had its price drops sales increase but not "people jumping over like crack".

Maybe its because I live in the city that has the highest cost of living in the country (we pay $4.40 for gas while the rest of the country is complaining about paying $3.80-$4.00 for gas, Californians know what i'm talking about since they pay about the same and maybe even more) but I don't think the economy situation is as bad as the media is making it out to be.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By angelkimne

My friend told me that Giant Bomb was fanboy-free :(
I guess he was wrong
Also i think in sales Ps3 will end up winning mainly because of the PS brand name.
Also i believe PS3 has the best exclusives if you include upcoming ones. I think 360 has better games though, and that's what i buy a system for ;-)

WhySoGodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By WhySoGodly
This is still being debated? You can't go wrong with either console, it just comes down to which games you prefer if you can't have both.

As much as I dislike PSN, it is free and it gets the job done. It will have solid titles coming out until next-gen.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#128  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
*Holds gun up to Mugugipans head* This site is not turning into a fanboy-palooza, you hear me?
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By TwoOneFive

yeah , when you compare xbox live to playstation network now, and especialy once home comes out, there is absolutely no reason for them to be charging you. when are you 360 fanboys going to stop being so stubborn

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Sentry said:
"VG Chartz is shit, bro. But if you do line up the consoles, the PS3 is right at the same point of 360. Can you believe that?

PS3 - Launched with competition already in the market (360), and laucnhed with a really high price ($600), and had a big lack quality titles.

360 - Launched with no competition, a year before PS3/Wii, (therefore more people could buy it with ease/no doubts), and was only $400.

And even though these factors are here, PS3 is still right next to 360 when lining up the launches? That is pretty funny IMO.. and PS3 is even selling more then 360 in EU, despite being more the one year late.

Maybe it's just me, but that's crazy.
"
not really
It's funny how a previous userbase of 120,000,000? has only sold just less than 15,000,000 so far while a console with a previous userbase of 30,000,000 has already reached above 20,000,000

But it's all about the games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't expect them all to jump on over night you know, especially with more then half of those PS2 owners bought a PS2 at around or less then 200 bucks, so its no surprise they would be unwilling to cave into 400 dollars.

But yeah I get what you mean.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"I wouldn't expect them all to jump on over night you know, especially with more then half of those PS2 owners bought a PS2 at around or less then 200 bucks, so its no surprise they would be unwilling to cave into 400 dollars.

"

This is MS's weapon, once Sony threatens MS (which they already have), MS just lowers the price and boom the sales goes up.  In a way, i'm glad the PS3 is doing good, in fact I wish it levels off in sales with the 360, so price cuts and better offers start to happen.  LIke I say, We as the consumer win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"I wouldn't expect them all to jump on over night you know, especially with more then half of those PS2 owners bought a PS2 at around or less then 200 bucks, so its no surprise they would be unwilling to cave into 400 dollars.

"

This is MS's weapon, once Sony threatens MS (which they already have), MS just lowers the price and boom the sales goes up.  In a way, i'm glad the PS3 is doing good, in fact I wish it levels off in sales with the 360, so price cuts and better offers start to happen.  LIke I say, We as the consumer win."

Exactly, but to be honest I don't think price is much of the issue at all, since it will change over time. The main thing is how long it will last, the games it has, and what the future holds for it in terms of improvement. All in all I just think PS3 is worth more/a better overall investment.
MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:

"

This is MS's weapon, once Sony threatens MS (which they already have), MS just lowers the price and boom the sales goes up.  In a way, i'm glad the PS3 is doing good, in fact I wish it levels off in sales with the 360, so price cuts and better offers start to happen.  LIke I say, We as the consumer win."

Exactly, but to be honest I don't think price is much of the issue at all, since it will change over time. The main thing is how long it will last, the games it has, and what the future holds for it in terms of improvement. All in all I just think PS3 is worth more/a better overall investment."
The last ditch for MS as this time is to get into the Casual market.  I really don't know what else they can really do, this is like their final plan for the 360 that will last until the next Xbox comes out.

If it doesn't go as planned, MS might be fucked

Yes I know, they took awsome ideas from Nintendo and Sony and tried to make them better. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:

"

Exactly, but to be honest I don't think price is much of the issue at all, since it will change over time. The main thing is how long it will last, the games it has, and what the future holds for it in terms of improvement. All in all I just think PS3 is worth more/a better overall investment."
The last ditch for MS as this time is to get into the Casual market.  I really don't know what else they can really do, this is like their final plan for the 360 that will last until the next Xbox comes out.

Yes I know, they took awsome ideas from Nintendo and Sony and tried to make them better. "
Which they are doing if you are looking hard enough. They won't LAST the life cycle they have set (7-10 years??) if they dont change. Storage space is just one of the problems, on the disc and lack of HDDs in every unit. If it is this big of a problem now, how will it be a few years from now for them? And I really don't know how they would fix this... unless they go casual and forget all that stuff, at least to an extent, to continue sales.

That's one of the reasons I stuck with PS3 and sold my 360, is because one is not going to last as long as I want it to, and im not about to spend another 500 bucks on a system plus games and other stuff for it.
KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#136  Edited By KingBroly

The 360 should be at a better situation than it is right now.  2 factors:  #1, Wireless should be in every console.  It's really hurting XBL penetration rates (Their XBL penetration rates should be almost 1:1, instead it's like 1:2).  #2, XBL should be free.  If any customer asks about online play, and they are told it costs money per year to play online, they will give it the finger.  Because they are shocked that it costs money to play online.  But I doubt many customers ask this.  And I doubt many customers know the Arcade shouldn't be sold to them.  Ever.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By angelkimne
MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:

"

Yes I know, they took awsome ideas from Nintendo and Sony and tried to make them better. "
Not really. 360 is making a decent profit now, unlike Ps3 for Sony. 
360 is a success for them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

angelkimne said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:

"

Not really. 360 is making a decent profit now, unlike Ps3 for Sony. 
360 is a success for them.
"
Didn't MS JUST start making profit with their gaming division?
DavidPalmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By DavidPalmer

I'm not sure they have yet because of the massive expenses they are dealing with in extending all those warranties.

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:

"

Which they are doing if you are looking hard enough. They won't LAST the life cycle they have set (7-10 years??) if they dont change. Storage space is just one of the problems, on the disc and lack of HDDs in every unit. If it is this big of a problem now, how will it be a few years from now for them? And I really don't know how they would fix this... unless they go casual and forget all that stuff, at least to an extent, to continue sales.

That's one of the reasons I stuck with PS3 and sold my 360, is because one is not going to last as long as I want it to, and im not about to spend another 500 bucks on a system plus games and other stuff for it."

I was on Gametrailers.com Forums, and look what I found.  MS and Toshiba are making a DVD 2.0 that works with standard DVD players.  So, if this is true, it might be possible that they could use these DVD's for the 360 as a better storage device. 

If this is indeed true, this could be a turning point for MS and games.  But i'm not the technology nerd, so I don't know exactly if this could work for the Xbox 360

http://playinforkeeps.blogspot.com/2008/03/microsoft-unites-toshiba-panasonic-to.html

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:

"

That's one of the reasons I stuck with PS3 and sold my 360, is because one is not going to last as long as I want it to, and im not about to spend another 500 bucks on a system plus games and other stuff for it."

I was on Gametrailers.com Forums, and look what I found.  MS and Toshiba are making a DVD 2.0 that works with standard DVD players.  So, if this is true, it might be possible that they could use these DVD's for the 360 as a better storage device. 

If this is indeed true, this could be a turning point for MS and games.  But i'm not the technology nerd, so I don't know exactly if this could work for the Xbox 360

http://playinforkeeps.blogspot.com/2008/03/microsoft-unites-toshiba-panasonic-to.html"
Yeah I read about that months back, if they can get it to work it could be great, mainly the for the storage. But I couldn't imagine it would work flawlessly with no catch, like you im not a big tech nerd but that doesn't sound simple, getting old technology to work with new disc/bigger capacity. And I wonder how long before we would see those in masses, as well as how much they would cost for MS.
MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By MOLE
Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:
"MOLE said:
"Sentry said:

"

http://playinforkeeps.blogspot.com/2008/03/microsoft-unites-toshiba-panasonic-to.html"
Yeah I read about that months back, if they can get it to work it could be great, mainly the for the storage. But I couldn't imagine it would work flawlessly with no catch, like you im not a big tech nerd but that doesn't sound simple, getting old technology to work with new disc/bigger capacity. And I wonder how long before we would see those in masses, as well as how much they would cost for MS."

I'm very curious on what MS is going to do for the next Xbox.  I wonder if they will ever use Blu-ray for the Xbox 720

Becuase theres no way in hell they would continue to use a DVD format with bigger storage, Blu-ray is becoming a big demand.  I don't think they could hold off for another generation

Unless, they go more towards the Digital Distribution and start having Blu-ray quality movie downloads.  But I don't even think that could work out, the internet does not go on the same pace as hardware does in means of advancement
Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Guiltyspark

ROFMGDAO sentry got rid of the playstation symbol in his avatar

MOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By MOLE
Guiltyspark said:
"ROFMGDAO sentry got rid of the playstation symbol in his avatar"

I just noticed that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guiltyspark said:
"ROFMGDAO sentry got rid of the playstation symbol in his avatar"
Not really, I have different versions of my avatar, I have a red one, a green one, one with my clan logo in the eye, etc. But for some reason none were working because they were too small, so now I just got the other ones to finally work.

And that avatar was from when I was on a PS3 forum/PlayStation Blog..