Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

#51  Edited By jacksukeru

@adoggz said:

@AngelN7 said:

@ShaggE said:

Premiums are the only ones who get access to Dave period. You think that guy you see is actually Dave? That's his double for freebies. The real Dave... oh man... there are no words to accurately capture the sheer Daveness on display.

He's actually a talking dragon right? I knew it!

hah, don't be ridiculous. Dave and chat dragon are 2 entirely different people.

Also, dragons are like, total pussies compared to the real Dave (no offense to chat dragon, but it's true).

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By onan

@RockmanBionics said:

@adoggz said:

@AngelN7 said:

@ShaggE said:

Premiums are the only ones who get access to Dave period. You think that guy you see is actually Dave? That's his double for freebies. The real Dave... oh man... there are no words to accurately capture the sheer Daveness on display.

He's actually a talking dragon right? I knew it!

hah, don't be ridiculous. Dave and chat dragon are 2 entirely different people.

Also, dragons are like, total pussies compared to the real Dave (no offense to chat dragon, but it's true).

Chat Dragon..? That punk is all talk.

Xenctuary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Xenctuary

Will this stream be posted to the archive? I found it quite interesting to watch but wasn't able to catch it all.

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By gamerpigeon

@Duder_Me said:

It seems that most of the premium content is more worth seeing and exceeds more in quality than the regular content these days. Sorry, I just really want to watch this live segment.

Then pay up thr $5 dollars a month to see it. If you love Giant Bomb as much as you seem to then Pay the guys who provide you with it. If you Love what the Guys do so much then show that and help them produce more by being a Subscriber and supporting them. Or you know come here and moan and continue to be a freeloader. Your Choice

cheapandtacky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By cheapandtacky

@Duder_Me said:

Here's the thing. As users who don't have a premium subscription, we deserve to know what is going on behind the scenes as much as the premium users.

I'd disagree with that statement and not just because I have a sub. Surely the point of a sub is to contribute to the site and gain access to these extras.

@Duder_Me said:

I understand you guys need money, but shouldn't CBSi cover most of that now?

How? CBSI didn't buy GB as some sort of charitable investment. They still need to make money, probably more than before they just now have the benefits of a huge corporate organisation beind them and the negatives that come with that too.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#56  Edited By LordAndrew

Maybe try reading Duder_Me's later posts before pulling out the tired "entitlement" card. It looked like something that mattered to everyone, but apparently it wasn't and he's fine with it now. Page 3. Read it, accept it, don't be a dick.

fusrodah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By fusrodah

More importantly, will it be archived? The Knicks were on and I missed the stream.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#58  Edited By Dagbiker

@LordAndrew said:

Maybe try reading Duder_Me's later posts before pulling out the tired "entitlement" card. It looked like something that mattered to everyone, but apparently it wasn't and he's fine with it now. Page 3. Read it, accept it, don't be a dick.

I assume you are referring to the poster above you, and i don't think he was being a dick, he probably didn't read the whole 3 pages of the topic, but then again, who dose.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LordAndrew

@Dagbiker: It was a general comment, because I saw several people make replies that suggested they had not read the thread.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By laserbolts

@believer258 said:

@Duder_Me said:

we deserve to know what is going on behind the scenes as much as the premium users.

Let's throw reasonable conclusions out the window, why don't we?

As a free member myself, I must know how I'm entitled to see things that are locked for premium members.

Exactly it's like if someone is flying in economy class and complains because they didn't give them a pillow or whatever it is that first class fliers get. Makes no sense.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Dagbiker

@LordAndrew said:

@Dagbiker: It was a general comment, because I saw several people make replies that suggested they had not read the thread.

Ok, never mind then.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By cstrang

This topic again?

ABritishNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ABritishNerd

As two others have asked to no avail. Will this be archived? I assume as much but I'd like clarification. I want to see Dave fuck about for an hour or so.

Duder_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Duder_Me

@wmaustin55 said:

@Duder_Me

Here's the thing. As users who don't have a premium subscription, we deserve to know what is going on behind the scenes as much as the premium users. As we all know, Giant Bomb is a videogame website and about the people who run that website. At least make this available to non subscribers later. It seems that most of the premium content is more worth seeing and exceeds more in quality than the regular content these days. I understand you guys need money, but shouldn't CBSi cover most of that now? Sorry, I just really want to watch this live segment.

No shit, that's why we pay money. You want the best stuff? You pay. Why would anyone pay for something that's worse than what's given for free?

Actually from what I heard, the live stream was nothing special, so you're the ones getting shortchanged here. I'll probably get a subscription in the future, but at the moment, I don't have the resources to do so.

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By ikwal

Ok so what content should be for subscribers if not this type of content? Everything can't be free.

Also it's unfair that more expensive cars are nicer than my 15 year old car...

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By kishinfoulux

@laserbolts said:

@James_Giant_Peach said:

@laserbolts said:

@believer258 said:

@Duder_Me said:

we deserve to know what is going on behind the scenes as much as the premium users.

Let's throw reasonable conclusions out the window, why don't we?

As a free member myself, I must know how I'm entitled to see things that are locked for premium members.

Exactly it's like if someone is flying in economy class and complains because they didn't give them a pillow or whatever it is that first class fliers get. Makes no sense.

No it's like the pilot only telling first class passengers that the plane is going down.

p.s Couldn't care less, I personally think people who pay money to this site are beyond stupid.

Why do you continue to post here? All you do is troll poorly and make stupid points. Also you say people that pay money here are beyond stupid but you spend a load of time on this site and apparently hate it. I think spending money on something you like and want to support makes alot more sense than spending hours on a website that you dont like.

People like him are great because they swear up and down they hate the site, but they continue to come back. Hard to take them seriously. If you really want to make a point then don't come anymore. ^_^

wintermute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By wintermute

@Duder_Me said:

Here's the thing. As users who don't have a premium subscription, we deserve to know what is going on behind the scenes as much as the premium users. As we all know, Giant Bomb is a videogame website and about the people who run that website. At least make this available to non subscribers later. It seems that most of the premium content is more worth seeing and exceeds more in quality than the regular content these days. I understand you guys need money, but shouldn't CBSi cover most of that now? Sorry, I just really want to watch this live segment.

Maybe you should get a premium subscription then. There's a reason those exist.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most websites don't tell you anything at all about what they're doing, I think your expectations are a little high.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also most people are so hung up on what they get for their money, what's wrong with just giving money for them to continue, I don't need any extra shit.

jakkblades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#70  Edited By jakkblades

@fusrodah said:

More importantly, will it be archived? The Knicks were on and I missed the stream.

Hear, hear! Inquiring minds want to know.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By handlas

They need premium content for premium members. There hasn't been much of it lately. Seems pretty simple; no need to get offended by it. Now premium members...tell us what's going on :)

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By BBQBram
@Duder_Me said:

It seems that most of the premium content is more worth seeing and exceeds more in quality than the regular content these days.

Good, that's what I paid for!
Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Vexxan

Missed this live, hope it's archived.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's what went down yesterday. People called in through Skype and DIDN'T ask for free stuff or an endurance run. I'm so proud of you guys!

DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75  Edited By DriveupLife

No.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b8656eaf424
deactivated-64b8656eaf424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is hilarious.

I'm just waiting for the archive.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SquirrelGOD

@insane_shadowblade85: Ehhh, it got pretty close to being someone asking for free stuff: Remember the dude asking about the massive box of Twinkies? You could hear the desperation in his voice.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#78  Edited By mike

I don't get it...if you guys care so much about Giant Bomb, then subscribe. If you can't or won't for whatever reason, then you'll get the information eventually. This sense of entitlement is insane.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#79  Edited By Claude
@MB said:
I don't get it...if you guys care so much about Giant Bomb, then subscribe. If you can't or won't for whatever reason, then you'll get the information eventually. This sense of entitlement is insane.
 Occupy Giant Bomb
 Occupy Giant Bomb
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MB said:
 This sense of entitlement is insane.
Ugh, can we please stop perpetuating the use of that phrase? Most of the time it sounds really dismissive.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#81  Edited By mike

@President_Barackbar said:

@MB said:
Ugh, can we please stop perpetuating the use of that phrase? Most of the time it sounds really dismissive.

That's exactly what it is though dude. What would you call it?

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MB said:

@MB said:

It might be, but I can't help but cringe everytime I see that phrase being used. The only time people feel "entitled" is when someone in the past has given them reason to feel so. As is the case here, they've never left free members in the dark about stuff before (not that I'm agreeing with the OP, I think the way they are handling it is fine). Its just one of those things that even when I see it used properly it still bugs me.
Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SquirrelGOD said:

@insane_shadowblade85: Ehhh, it got pretty close to being someone asking for free stuff: Remember the dude asking about the massive box of Twinkies? You could hear the desperation in his voice.

Oh man, you're right. I was on the edge of my seat during that call.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MrKlorox
@MB said:

@MB said:

It might be, but I can't help but cringe everytime I see that phrase being used. The only time people feel "entitled" is when someone in the past has given them reason to feel so. As is the case here, they've never left free members in the dark about stuff before (not that I'm agreeing with the OP, I think the way they are handling it is fine). Its just one of those things that even when I see it used properly it still bugs me.
Yeah, it's pretty gross. But it's still much worse when people use it to dismiss negative opinions they simply disagree with, even when the complaint didn't ask for anything. It dumbfounds me when someone says they don't want something, and someone else calls them entitled. If it wasn't for those overabundant misuses, it probably wouldn't be so grating every time it was used correctly.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MikkaQ

@MB said:

@MB said:

I never get the people who are so against calling others entitled. It's a big problem we have in all kinds of media. People who either got what they payed for, or get something for free, and then demand to have more like it's some kind of obligation of the content creators. I find it super frustrating when people ask for more, more, more since they more than likely got more than they deserve in the first place. There's just no sense in getting frustrated at the word if It's used properly, because we don't have other words for it. Spoiled, maybe, but that only works in certain contexts.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By alternate

Okay. Call time on this now. I got linked here from a "popular internet forum" and when other communities read shit shows like this they have some of their low opinions of the GB users confirmed.

Rain_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Rain_1

@Duder_Me said:

Hey genius, that's how subscribing to a website works. You get pretty awesome content for free, you pay to get even more awesome content.

At least that's how I think paying for stuff works. The website that gave me less content for being a subscriber died off after a month and i'm still not 100% sure why.. [/sarcasm]

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#88  Edited By Aaron_G

I think its fair. Look at it this way... Say, I like Coca-Cola very much. I don't buy the stock or anything or invest in the company. Because I am not an investor I am not going to hear about what Coke is doing and how the company plans to market it's cola. It's the same here at Giant Bomb, us premium subscribers are invested and deserve to know this stuff right away because we have taken the time to basically, become like shareholders of Giant Bomb and the people that run this site are accountable to the subscribers more than they are the free members.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SSully

@LordAndrew said:

That's pretty messed up. I'm an active member of the community and I care about the redesign, but I just can't go throwing money at the site right now so I don't get to hear about it.

That is the point of paying for services. You provide bennifits for the people who pay, and if you can't pay then you don't get those bennifits. If you don't like it then save up some money, if you can't then just wait for the redesigns to go live. What you are missing has no affect on your life or your enjoyment of this website.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By LordAndrew

@SSully said:

@LordAndrew said:

That's pretty messed up. I'm an active member of the community and I care about the redesign, but I just can't go throwing money at the site right now so I don't get to hear about it.

That is the point of paying for services. You provide bennifits for the people who pay, and if you can't pay then you don't get those bennifits. If you don't like it then save up some money, if you can't then just wait for the redesigns to go live. What you are missing has no affect on your life or your enjoyment of this website.

And if you read the thread you'll see that I inow this now. Just read the first three pages, everything after that is people reacting to the first page.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SSully

@LordAndrew: My apologies, I should have read further. Cheers

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#92  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@Aaron_G said:

I think its fair. Look at it this way... Say, I like Coca-Cola very much. I don't buy the stock or anything or invest in the company. Because I am not an investor I am not going to hear about what Coke is doing and how the company plans to market it's cola. It's the same here at Giant Bomb, us premium subscribers are invested and deserve to know this stuff right away because we have taken the time to basically, become like shareholders of Giant Bomb and the people that run this site are accountable to the subscribers more than they are the free members.

I agree with this. I think a most of the stuff that's happening to the site is not particularly meaningful to the end-user experience, so there is no real need for everyone to have access to a day-by-day account of what's happening at the site. For the people that are personally invested, or have decided that they do actually need that information overload, they should be prepared to pay more to get it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#93  Edited By Humanity

@MrKlorox said:

@MB said:

@MB said:

Yeah, it's pretty gross. But it's still much worse when people use it to dismiss negative opinions they simply disagree with, even when the complaint didn't ask for anything. It dumbfounds me when someone says they don't want something, and someone else calls them entitled. If it wasn't for those overabundant misuses, it probably wouldn't be so grating every time it was used correctly.

Well we all know that if not for Mass Effect 3 that word wouldn't even be thrown around as much, if at all. I especially hate it when someone asks for any little thing and they get shouted down as being an entitled crybaby. Making unreasonable demands is one thing, and thats not even acting entitled 90% of the time rather just being stupid - but asking for something pretty reasonable as a consumer that has paid money for a product is something completely different.

That being said I agree that talking about a site redesign that affects both subscribers and regular users alike should be viewable by everyone. Whatever though it's their call. Jeff even mentioned recently how he's excited that they're going to start putting in more ads and site skins, finally breaking GiantBomb into that market of earning revenue - which seems completely out of touch with what GB is supposed to be about, but maybe it's just all the users that were out of touch with what the crew originally had in mind for it.

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Mijati

@DeeGee said:

Dave is wearing a blindfold and telling people not to put stuff in his mouth.

You're not missing any crucial information.

I was the one who was on Skype with them as that was happening... I wanted to say "Dave, whatever you do, don't move your head to the left" to up his paranoia even more but Ryan hung up on me after I said I'd tell Dave if they were doing anything to him.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Baillie

@DarkDude said:

@DeeGee said:

Dave is wearing a blindfold and telling people not to put stuff in his mouth.

You're not missing any crucial information.

I was the one who was on Skype with them as that was happening... I wanted to say "Dave, whatever you do, don't move your head to the left" to up his paranoia even more but Ryan hung up on me after I said I'd tell Dave if they were doing anything to him.

Would have easily been the most humorous moment of the show, damn you Ryan!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Dagbiker

@Humanity said:

That being said I agree that talking about a site redesign that affects both subscribers and regular users alike should be viewable by everyone. Whatever though it's their call. Jeff even mentioned recently how he's excited that they're going to start putting in more ads and site skins, finally breaking GiantBomb into that market of earning revenue - which seems completely out of touch with what GB is supposed to be about, but maybe it's just all the users that were out of touch with what the crew originally had in mind for it.

I think Jeff was more excited that there was going to be money coming in.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#97  Edited By Daveyo520

Why is this thread still alive?

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#98  Edited By jimi

Any VOD of this?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Dagbiker

@Daveyo520 said:

Why is this thread still alive?

because you and i are bumping it.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Daveyo520
@Dagbiker Damnn you Kermit and shitty tablet keyboards.