Prototype or Wolfenstein?

bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bunnyboiler

Two titles I had a bit of interest in last year, and now the prices have come down, I'm thinking of buying one of them.

Which one is most worth while to get?

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tomte

well, do you like FPSs or open world games?
if you liked inFamous you will probably like prototype too... and if you havnt played inFamous, buy it now...

bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bunnyboiler

Well I like both FPS and open world games. I enjoy games like GTA IV/Fallout 3 but I also like linear shooters like Modern Warfare 2.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust
@tomte said:
" well, do you like FPSs or open world games? if you liked inFamous you will probably like prototype too... and if you havnt played inFamous, buy it now... "
lol 

Forget infamous if you haven't played it. While the game is polished it has it's quirks, and if you haven't considered it yet, it's not worth your time.  

I'd say Prototype. 
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By lucas_kelly

Prototype is a very fun game, but don't expect good graphics...at all.

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tomte
@Jeust said:
" @tomte said:
" well, do you like FPSs or open world games? if you liked inFamous you will probably like prototype too... and if you havnt played inFamous, buy it now... "
lol  Forget infamous if you haven't played it. While the game is polished it has it's quirks, and if you haven't considered it yet, it's not worth your time.   I'd say Prototype.  "
agree, i would personally give inFamous a 8/10. But i still think the game is better then both Prototype and Wolfenstein
Obbeskrutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Obbeskrutt

Though call.
I played both of 'em from start to finish, but I believe Prototype is the one that stuck with me the longest. I found Prototype to be of a better craft than Wolfie, though I can't say I "loved" either of them in regards to other releases that came out last year. 
For me, Wolfenstein was quickly forgotten once beaten, but I guess I can only speak for myself. You might wanna check out demos for both of them to get your own impression.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By I_smell

Wolfenstein looks like the kinda game you'd forget like a week after playing it :/
Atleast Pototype's got a bit of style.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jeffsekai
@bunnyboiler said:
"

Two titles I had a bit of interest in last year, and now the prices have come down, I'm thinking of buying one of them.

Which one is most worth while to get?

"
PROTOTYPE PROTOTYPE 

I bought both, and Woflensite is borderline broken. DO NOT DO NOT buy it, rent it. Prototype IS worth a buy.

You cannot trust the reviews for Wofleniste DO...NOT...BUY IT.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

Go with Prototype. I only briefly played that game but enjoyed it. I can see where people got frustrated but it is a fun, bloody game. Wolfenstein looks interesting but somewhat repetitive. I would try it down the road however.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By beargirl1

wolfenstein i really enjoyed in the single player. multi player is BROKEN, which is the main reason why I was so excited for it. RTCW's multi player is still superior.  

i'd say go with prototype. 

bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bunnyboiler

Ok thanks for the replies. I think i'll get Prototype then.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By evanbrau
@Jeffsekai: What was wrong with Wolfenstein? Was thinking of buying it and didn't hear any other people saying it was broken.

I'd say go for Prototype, I had a good time with that game up until the last few missions and bosses which were total bullshit.
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mano521

go with prototype. even though people say it wasnt a great game, i still  played it for a looong time. mostly trying to get gold medals in everything. it is a pretty fun game too

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeffsekai
@evanbrau said:
" @Jeffsekai: What was wrong with Wolfenstein? Was thinking of buying it and didn't hear any other people saying it was broken.  I'd say go for Prototype, I had a good time with that game up until the last few missions and bosses which were total bullshit. "
The story is okay I guess, but super short only about 6 hrs and the Multiplayer is broken way to laggy you cannot play it. its just not worth a buy.