Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Shinedown220

For me PSP interests me more.

Like always it comes down to the games you want.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Gunraidan

Well both systems are completely different and provide different experiences. But as of now and future purposes the DS is a no brainer as outside of Japan PSP support is dropping quickly.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Wolverine

I have both and I don't use either. I like GBA SP the most.

ImWayGooderest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImWayGooderest

I seem to like the PSP more because most games are just portable games of what I'd be playing at home.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Honestly PSP has more, simply put. Do you have a PS3? If so you can basically play your PS3 on your PSP anywhere in the world as long as your in reach of an internet connection (ie starbucks, friends house, club etc)

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

atm neither cuz I haven't played a game on them in a while,but I'd say PSP has better games that appeal to the more hardcore audience(yea they have some easy casual stuff as well) thats the main reason its more my favorite,the Metal Gear psp games,socom games,SW Battlefront, Patapon,  and recently God of War. I thnk most of those games are done very well(although I'll never quite understand why it couldn't of been designed with 2 sticks instead of 1,it would make the shooters much better and fun)

Luchadeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Luchadeer

Find 5 games that you like the most on each system, then whichever "list" you like most, thats the one you'll get.

TheBrainSquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBrainSquid

PSP if you plan on putting CFW on it, DS otherwise.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shocker

It really depends on your taste in games.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Homer

PSP unless your a more casual gamer

Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Supertramp

In my opinion, the Nintendo DS is the champ of handhelds. I lost all sorts in interest in mine awhile back. I thought to myself, "I could sell it, or make use of it," simple as that. And so, I play it from time to time. I've been doin' my research, reading all sorts of awesome reviews for awesome games, online. The library of good ass games on the DS is huge. I really prefer the DS. I can't wait to build up my personal collection of DS games, SO many I would LOVE to purchase, too many.

solidphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By solidphoenix

Depends on the type of games you want to play. That being said there are a LOT of awesome games for the DS, however there is also a lot more crap compared to the PSP. Mind you, the PSP has quite a few high quality titles as well, but one thing you should remember is that the PSP is more of an entertainment device that has gaming functionality than a gaming system with entertainment capabilities.

DJ_LaFleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DJ_LaFleur
I have many more DS games than PSP games, so I would say DS.  But it depends on what games you want, really.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Cube

I like PSP more. More games appeal to me, plus I'm generally a PlayStation fan.

Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arestice

PSP if you get a 1.5 one. Or if you're willing to make a Pandora battery.

Otherwise DS.

drew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By drew

I just traded in all my PSP stuff for a DS.  PSP games are just too heavy weight for a quick play on the bus (the whole point of a portable console).  Also PSP games just seems to be dumbed down versions of a full game whereas the DS games are imaginative and designed for novel play.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19  Edited By wefwefasdf

I prefer the DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 100

PSP just because I have a PS3 and I use the remote play feature a lot. I prefer the DS game library though.

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By kenzo287

If you have a PS3 then the PSP but if you don't then the DS

eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By eagle

PSP, all the 12 year olds have DS'.

(But seriously, for the homebrew. I know the DS has some too but not as much.)

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By zeus_gb

Both system are really good and they both offer a different experience.

Avatar image for semicolon1twlev2
semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By semicolon1twlev2

Meh.  Not a fan of PSP.

Go with DS.

Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By Shadow2K6

Depends on the games and what you want it to do.  PSP of course is a better multi-purpose handheld but DS has more "portable" games.  Even though I have both I prefer the PSP's games. 

yorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By yorro
Arestice said:
"PSP if you get a 1.5 one. Or if you're willing to make a Pandora battery.

Otherwise DS.
"
You no longer need that Pandora shit nowadays.
jlaudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By jlaudio7
I can't say much about the PSP since I don't have one.

DS has a large game library, not including the backwards compatible GBA library. heres some notable titles:
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • Planet Puzzle League
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • Tetris DS
  • Advance Wars: Dual Strike
  • Adavance Wars: Days of Ruin
  • Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
and much more. In the end, though, it really comes down to what kind of games you want to play.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By RHCPfan24

My brother has a PSP and doesn't like it that much but I have a DS lite and love it!  Three best games:  Final Fantasy IV, Professor Layton, and New Super Mario Bros.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSP just has more functionality IMO, and a lot more games from the past and in the future.

Then you have remote play... which is a must buy in itself.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vyse_Legends
I gotta go with the DS.Because the DS makes being a Lawyer or a Dancing Secret Agent fun.:P
legend_cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By legend_cloud

PSP has more to it for me.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By Aarny91

I can't choose

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By c1337us

I have both, and they are both great. However I have many more games for the PSP and I find that I buy more games for that system. But there are many great titles on the DS worth buying it for like Professor Layton, Hotel Dusk, Phoenix Wright, The World Ends With You etc etc.

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By NateDogg

I own a PSP.. dont touch it.  I've had it for about 2 years... it just never lived up to its hype IMO.. DS doesn't have as much juice but it has more innovation perks than the PSP. Most the people i know iwth portable consoles have  DS so I would say go with that. Plus teh DS is cheaper..

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jayge_

I have to say PSP. I respect the DS for what it's trying to achieve- portable games; but that's not what I want from a handheld. The PSP, however, offers what I want in a handheld. It has enough of a robust game library to keep me playing and active on trips or even at my house. It also has the internet browser, which is great on the go and an amazing RSS feed follower that lets me save and organize podcasts with no PC transfering like an iPod's. The videos section is nice to have a backup movie or two. And going back to the games- I have a Handheld Console, not a handheld game-player. The DS has a bunch of bite-sized stuff on it that everyone loves- but you can easily just flick the power switch on the PSP and pick up the same second where you left off anytime you want. I know I'm in the minority when I say that's what I like- but for the most part, the PSP delivers (especially with CFW, although I've taken to using normal firmware just because I don't trust CFW on my Star Wars PSP).

It's all up to what you want to get out of the system- a portable game-player, or a portable console.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CellAnimation

I've owned both the DS and PSP since they were released in Japan _BUT_ I've got to say I don't use either since I got my GP2X F200 (best portable ever).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that PSP?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jayge_

No, it's pretty much a PSP with a tinier screen, only the console is totally focused on Homebrew and open source development. Has some OK looking games, but the hardware can't compete.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#39  Edited By sarahsdad

Not to me to too much, but it depends on what you want out of it. I had a tiny memory stick for a while on my psp, and used it mostly for games and a couple songs. I have a  4Gig now, and there's tons of photos, a bunch of music and podcasts, some funny videos, and a couple tv shows or a movie. And with all that I spend most of my time gaming. I've thought about getting a DS just because there are so damn many games for it, but then I remember how much I love all the other stuff I can do with my psp. Listen to GB when I'm still waking up in the morning on the way to the train, play games once I finish the show, and then maybe listen to music or watch some videos for the last couple stops. I have a 90 minute train ride twice a day though, so I have plenty of time for lots of things.

I think if you want tons and tons of games, get a DS, if you want a bunch of games, and movies, and music, and etc., get a psp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would actually wait for PSP 3k.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By neoepoch
caption
I have a DS with a ton of games, but I'm thinking about getting a PSP cause there are some great games out there for it. Other media stuff are secondary. I play consoles/handhelds for games.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Blu_Magic

I prefer the DS.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gunraidan
sarahsdad said:
"Not to me to too much, but it depends on what you want out of it. I had a tiny memory stick for a while on my psp, and used it mostly for games and a couple songs. I have a  4Gig now, and there's tons of photos, a bunch of music and podcasts, some funny videos, and a couple tv shows or a movie. And with all that I spend most of my time gaming. I've thought about getting a DS just because there are so damn many games for it, but then I remember how much I love all the other stuff I can do with my psp. Listen to GB when I'm still waking up in the morning on the way to the train, play games once I finish the show, and then maybe listen to music or watch some videos for the last couple stops. I have a 90 minute train ride twice a day though, so I have plenty of time for lots of things.
I think if you want tons and tons of games, get a DS, if you want a bunch of games, and movies, and music, and etc., get a psp.
"
Why don't you just buy separate things like an MP3 player and a video player? I mean a SD card won't give you much room.
Supertramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Supertramp

Wow, loads and loads of people are all about the PSP 'round these parts.
I ain't hatin' whatsoever. Just expected more DS fans. Either way, it's all good. Truly.
I'll eventually pick up a PSP. It's a long term goal of mine, for sure.
I love the DS, don't enjoy the Wii. Love my Xbox 360 & probably won't get a PS3 for a looong fuckin' time.
I used to be all about Sony but shit changes, oh well. I'm no hater though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supertramp said:
"I love the DS, don't enjoy the Wii. Love my Xbox 360 & probably won't get a PS3 for a looong fuckin' time."
Well main reason why people like the PSP more is that it just has more going for it. You can store your music, videos, movies, pictures, and games on it. Plus access your PS3s hard drive and games if you're in a hot spot from anywhere in the world.

And why is it you won't buy a PS3 for a 'long fuckin' time'? You're gonna be missing out on a shit load of exclusives. What are you going to live off of multiplat games for years when you could be having dozens of exclusives? :S
sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#46  Edited By sarahsdad
Gunraidan said:
"sarahsdad said:
"I think if you want tons and tons of games, get a DS, if you want a bunch of games, and movies, and music, and etc., get a psp."
Why don't you just buy separate things like an MP3 player and a video player? I mean a SD card won't give you much room."
I've thought about it, but I like having just the one thing to carry instead of three.  
AlwaysHonest1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AlwaysHonest1

DS for me. a true handheld gaming device
it has brilliant DS games and all gba games!!!!!

PSP only has a handfull of games that i want to play (on a handheld)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#48  Edited By oldschool

The following post is a matter of personal opinion.

I have 2 PSP that I received for free (as a work bonus). The true test of the system is, “would I pay real money to buy one if it wasn’t free?” The answer is a big fat no.

I have 4 DS (2 Lite and 2 Phat), paid for by me and I haven’t regretted it for a single moment.

My PSP game collection sans about 35 games. Whilst that sounds like a lot, keep in mind, that almost all of the games have been VERY cheap - on clearance. That is because, in Australia, it is barely managing to stay on the shelf (just like the GameCube). The number of games that I genuinely like on the system is restricted to - Breath of Fire III, Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy Tactics, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and Disgaea.

My DS collection spans about 70 games and many of them greatly loved and played in very long shifts - Final Fantasy IV, The World Ends With You, Advance Wars Duel Strike, Advance Wars Dark Conflict, Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Pearl, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles .......... well, there are too many to go through.

The PSP is a massive disappointment. It is a very average game system, with a lovely screen, very shoddy load times and poor battery life. It is an average movie player, when I have a portable DVD player for the car. It is a very average music player when I have a much better iPod. It is just average.

The only area the PSP is better than the DS is if you really dig sport and car racing games.

Going to anime conventions with my fellow geeks, there is nothing more satisfying than finding so many people in their DS chat rooms, sending silly pictures to each other. It is a good group.

Yes, I am older than 10. In fact, so are both my daughters. They only ever use the PSP to store images and download manga books to read and that isn’t all that often.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jayge_

reading manga? on the PSP? wut?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By Red

Now, many people will say that the DS has more great games than the PSP, but just like people do with the PS3 and 360 the PSP has more and better exclusives (note, I own both portables.)
The DS has backwards compatibility with GBA games, but, if you want that then just get a GBA SP, much better design and the DS gets dirty and the touch screen gets REALLY scratched if you're playing Touch Screen games.
Anyways gamewise the PSP has:

Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and San Andreas stories
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Wipeout
Patapon
Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Daxter

While the DS has:
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 4
Phantom Hourglass
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Advance Wars Dual Strike/Days of Ruin
The World Ends With you
Mario Kart DS
So, the game library is fairly even. With new games coming out, the tables are slightly in The PSP's favor because the DS really only has Chrono Trigger, while the PSP has Final Fantasy XIII Agito, Resistance Retribution, Super Stardust Portable, Patapon 2 and Final Fantasy Dissidia plus a bunch of Downloadable titles.

The PSP's multimedia functions are great too because it has a great screen.

If you still can't decide ask yourself this:
Do you have a PS3? If you do I highly reccomend getting the PSP because the two can connect and get some really cool results.
Do you want to play with your friends? If you want to play with your friends but still have enough Single Player content to keep you going then get a DS because it has some great Multiplayer Titles (That have Download play) and then you have some great Squeenix games to feed your single player urges.