Razer Gets Into Controller Market

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187
Dood...yes.

Thanks to TokyoChicken for posting this up on his Twitter so I could steal it and inform you guys about it. 

No Caption Provided

Razer showed off a pre-pro model of their Xbox 360 controller, which will feature: 
  • Three shoulder buttons on each side - two standards, plus a third customizable for whatever you'd like (SPRINT!!!)
  • Customizable tension on your analog sticks
  • What is being promised as a better D-pad

Personally, I don't like the location of the back and start buttons, as those are important for bringing up a map pretty quick...and it just seems like a slightly illogical placement for them. 

Regardless, for $49, this thing looks like it'll be worth it.  I wish the story told whether or not the thing was wireless, as the picture shows a cord...which could prove to be a problem for me.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Snail

Seems as terrible and unpractical as their mouses.

And yes, Mouses is just as correct as Mice when referring to Computer equipment.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MKHavoc

I remember hearing that Microsoft doesn't allow anyone else to make wireless controllers.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By c_rakestraw
@MKHavoc said:
" I remember hearing that Microsoft doesn't allow anyone else to make wireless controllers. "
Why? They worried someone's going to steal their technology or something if they do?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakob187
@Claude said:
" I beat you to it. I like your post better though, at least you didn't misspell Razer. "
I searched and found nothing.  They really need to improve the search function on here.  It sucks balls. 

@MKHavoc said:
" I remember hearing that Microsoft doesn't allow anyone else to make wireless controllers. "
I remember that to, but at this point, I would hope that Microsoft realizes how retarded that shit is. 

@Snail said:
" Seems as terrible and unpractical as their mouses.  And yes, Mouses is just as correct as Mice when referring to Computer equipment. "
I love their mice.  We use Deathadders up here at work, and those things are comfy as hell and work like a charm.
Cloudwork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Cloudwork

a load more pics of this
http://dvice.com/archives/2010/01/razer-onza-cont.php

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mordukai

At least they got the D-Pad right. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
@Mordukai: The Destructoid article said it still feels the same as the current 360 D-pad, but the separation of the buttons seems like it would help ensure a bit more accuracy.  Regardless, they've said that the D-pad isn't final, and they want to make it a bit more like the PS3 D-pad.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Claude said:

" I beat you to it. I like your post better though, at least you didn't misspell Razer. "

Let's keep the discussion in Claude's thread.