Realistically, which Motion controller has the best chance?

• 102 results
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Im very Skeptical about both, but im more skeptical about Natal. Im not questioning wether or not itll be marketed or be supported well, I question how people will react to it. Is the average gamer the kind of person taht wants to flayel about in front of there TV? or maybe MS isnt going for the average gamer, but for the main Wii gamer that uses it for fitness and waving around like a jackass. Although, I think it has the most potential to be awesome. And if it catches fire, could change alot of things about gaming and could really sky rocket 360 sales. I do think Sonys controller is the more practical apporach, but the least potential compared to Natal. But I think it could be the easier sell to gamers.    

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kashif1

the wii hd or whatever the hell they call it

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Skald

Really it hinges on three factors: support, support, and more support. Otherwise, it's too early to call anything specific.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By mattysen

The Sony motion controller looks like it's just trying to be the Wii controller, I don't understand at all how people hype that the most out of them (there all pretty shit though)

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Famov

It's funny, when the Wii was first announced I was mortified, but it was the realization after that the Wii remote could be used like a classic NES controller that I was won over. Actual Wii games that use it like this are typically my favorite. Oh, and Gamecube controller support set some of my fears to rest too.

Motion controls have yet to win me over. Some Wii fan, right? But it is my favorite system of this generation (not necessarily counting DS) for the reasons previously described. There's a time NSMB Wii wouldn't have happened, but now it can, and it did.

I look forward to seeing how Microsoft and Sony advance the concept, if nothing else.
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By AuthenticM

I think Natal is the one with the less chance of mass-adoption.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Skytylz

Neither, they both suck.  I can't see myself using either.  The ps3 one is a wii knockoff and that's not something to be proud of.  Natal just doesn't seem fun on the other hand.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DystopiaX

none. Shovelware, shovelware, shovelware, painting shit on elephants' asses, shovelware.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hunkulese

Which is more of a silly gimmick?

Motion controllers or 3D tvs? Both seem like cheesy gimmicks that don't add a whole lot. Hasn't the wii proven already that the only thing motion controllers are good for is minigames?

They could be spending development money on so many better things.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By penguindust

If Natal gets packed in with each new 360 and the PS3 Arc remains something each customer has to buy separately (like a headset!) then Natal will be the one that succeeds despite the Arc being a more precise devise.  Chances are by this time next year (or even this Christmas) every 360 will come with a Natal and that will mean developers will know that there is an expanding customer base for their Natal games.  I think both are gimmicks, but you ask which has the better chance at success and that's my answer.  Sadly, Sony doesn't have much of a history in this area, so I doubt they will pack in Arcs with each PS3 Slim sold. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

They'll both fail, least I hope so, This motion-control fingy has to end!! Long live the past!!
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By oldschool
@PenguinDust said:
" If Natal gets packed in with each new 360 and the PS3 Arc remains something each customer has to buy separately (like a headset!) then Natal will be the one that succeeds despite the Arc being a more precise devise.  Chances are by this time next year (or even this Christmas) every 360 will come with a Natal and that will mean developers will know that there is an expanding customer base for their Natal games.  I think both are gimmicks, but you ask which has the better chance at success and that's my answer.  Sadly, Sony doesn't have much of a history in this area, so I doubt they will pack in Arcs with each PS3 Slim sold.  "
The problem is that pretty much everyone who wants a 360 already has one and most sales are to replace dead ones (yeah, I said it).  With an install base at already 30 million and a new system approaching soon, I am sceptical about Natal.  If Sony doesn't include a controller in all new systems, I agree it will struggle, but the PS3 has a much better lifespan ahead of it than the 360, so maybe it could do well, but the games need to be better than those that came with Eye-Toy.  They should have waited for a completely new system instead of playing catch up.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TwoOneFive

im going with sony's controller for sure. that thing is excellent dude. its soooo accurate, the tech demos are ridiculous, i cant imagine how great games will use this: check out this gif, its accurate as fucking hell man! its awesome: 

versus natal: 

I think its obvious Sony has the right idea here, whereas MS was showing people talking to a little boy for no fucking reason.  
and then some celebrities that clearly ARE NOT gamers (like sugar ray leonard, yeah ill take his word on what the future of gaming is!) playing a racing game where you hold your hands out playing air-race-car-driver. lame as balls. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive
@oldschool said:

" @PenguinDust said:

" If Natal gets packed in with each new 360 and the PS3 Arc remains something each customer has to buy separately (like a headset!) then Natal will be the one that succeeds despite the Arc being a more precise devise.  Chances are by this time next year (or even this Christmas) every 360 will come with a Natal and that will mean developers will know that there is an expanding customer base for their Natal games.  I think both are gimmicks, but you ask which has the better chance at success and that's my answer.  Sadly, Sony doesn't have much of a history in this area, so I doubt they will pack in Arcs with each PS3 Slim sold.  "
The problem is that pretty much everyone who wants a 360 already has one and most sales are to replace dead ones (yeah, I said it).  With an install base at already 30 million and a new system approaching soon, I am sceptical about Natal.  If Sony doesn't include a controller in all new systems, I agree it will struggle, but the PS3 has a much better lifespan ahead of it than the 360, so maybe it could do well, but the games need to be better than those that came with Eye-Toy.  They should have waited for a completely new system instead of playing catch up. "
EA already confirmed that Tiger Woods 2011 will suppor the ARC controller. MLB 11 The Show will support it too- these are top knotch sports titles, not wii-versions, that will utilize the new controller. now i await what developers of different genres do with it. Sony will undoubtedly have the excellent developers of Flower do something spectacular with it and the PSN will explode with all sorts of neat titles. have read in interviews that Sony execs are being extremely confident and have repeatedly stated they are having NO problems getting 3rd party support at all. and i believe them, one of the reasons is because there are probably so many devs that have been designing for the Wii that see the Arc and are like YES we can finally do what the fuckin wii prevented us from doing. 
havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By havelava

Sales-wise:  Natal for sure, everyone I know who's seen the presentation for Natal immediately said, I want one.
Personally:  I dont really care about the Arc  (sorry)  I already own a Wii, and nothing about the Arc seems that special.   But the Natal seems more unique, even if it doesn't have that level of accuracy, and if it cheats to pretend it does, im still stoked.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive
@havelava said:
" Sales-wise:  Natal for sure, everyone I know who's seen the presentation for Natal immediately said, I want one.Personally:  I dont really care about the Arc  (sorry)  I already own a Wii, and nothing about the Arc seems that special.   But the Natal seems more unique, even if it doesn't have that level of accuracy, and if it cheats to pretend it does, im still stoked. "
everyone that i know who saw the natal thing said: 
wow that dork with the big sunglasses got all glitchy. that girl is jumping about like a retard. and why the fuck would i want to have conversations with a little boy on my television. this thing is like the anti-get-laid-game. 
FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By FCKSNAP
@TwoOneFive: Full video here (via John Ricciardi's twitter). 

It's so crazy, that is nothing like the webcam games we were playing in middle school around the years 2000-2001.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iam3green

i would say natal since more people have xbox 360. i just hope that there is actual support for the motion controls like when wii first came out there were just trashy games out for it. the only great games were the exclusives that nintendo knew how to make.

havelava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By havelava
@TwoOneFive:   Eh, different strokes for different folks i guess.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Snapstacle said:
" @TwoOneFive: Full video here (via John Ricciardi's twitter).  It's so crazy, that is nothing like the webcam games we were playing in middle school around the years 2000-2001. "
yeah man, i watched that video already, and became so annoyed by the moronic comments below god gamespot sucks big time.  

anywayssssssss yeah man, these tech demos alone looks FUN and show off REAL excellent capabilities and potential- cant say the same about natal at all. i just dont get it with that thing. it just reminds me of a glorified eye toy. 
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ravensword

Id like to think SONY is smart enough to price the Arc right and maybe even bundle it with PS3s. Id like to think that, but Sony and Smart havent really been in the same sentence that much this gen.
chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chrissedoff

nobody's going to buy the arc. sorry sony fans, it's just got no hook to it whatsoever. you can't say with any intellectual honesty that natal isn't the more novel concept.
i guess the argument is that the arc would be more practical? or something? except that motion controls aren't actually designe to make games more fun. they're just some flashy tech designed to lure in people who aren't already 'gamers'.
so all that really matters is: who's got the more intriguing tech, and obviously the sony version of the wiimote isn't going to be the tech story on the evening news. natal -- even though it will make you look and feel like a knob using it -- is an impressive technological feat at least.  
but whatever, sony fanboys will be sony fanboys. i hope they really are committed to pretending the arc is cool. at least sony will make a little bit of their r&d money back on these goons buying arc just to stick it to micro$$$$$oft

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TwoOneFive
@chrissedoff said:

" nobody's going to buy the arc. sorry sony fans, it's just got no hook to it whatsoever. you can't say with any intellectual honesty that natal isn't the more novel concept.
i guess the argument is that the arc would be more practical? or something? except that motion controls aren't actually designe to make games more fun. they're just some flashy tech designed to lure in people who aren't already 'gamers'.
so all that really matters is: who's got the more intriguing tech, and obviously the sony version of the wiimote isn't going to be the tech story on the evening news. natal -- even though it will make you look and feel like a knob using it -- is an impressive technological feat at least.  
but whatever, sony fanboys will be sony fanboys. i hope they really are committed to pretending the arc is cool. at least sony will make a little bit of their r&d money back on these goons buying arc just to stick it to micro$$$$$oft "

you cant honestly sit there and say natal is a novel concept.  
and your theory on motion controls is shit.  
games like wii-bowling wouldnt be fun at all with out the motion controls, and with them it is a very fun game to play with friends. 
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By canucks23

I'd say natal will be more successful sales/financially wise, but sony's could be a lot cooler. Something about natal just seems like a huge gimmick, i can't see myself playing games like that at all, and the only first party developer MS really has that i could see making games for it is Rare. On the other hand, the responisveness of sony's, and from the tech demo's they've shown it looks like they could actually get something good out of it. Especially because they have so many good first party studios that could make something for it.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Coombs

Wow.....
I haven't bothered looking into either until now, But this video has so much potential,
I may have to buy a PS3 after all. 

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Dalai

The Wii is just too far ahead of everyone at this point so any chance of Microsoft or Sony to catch up in this department will have to happen next generation. Taking the Wii out of the equation, Sony's approach is just more approachable and practical. Natal might end up being, dare I say it, a gimmick.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Coombs
@Dalai:
I have no interest in Natal, The whole thing just seems..... I dunno childish.

I really don't want to have friends over to "Play Pretend" Which is exactly what everything I have seen from natal makes me think, "Check it out its like I'm holding a wheel, But there's nothing in my hands, Playing pretend is fun......"

But Sony's thing looks like exactly what I wanted the Wii to be.
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By captain_clayman

they all suck but sony's is the most technically impressive.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By Sooperspy

I say natal because it is different. Playstation move is just wii hd basically... but really crappy games from what they have shown

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

I don't have any interest in playing a FPS by aiming a wand at a screen.  If I was interested in something like that, I would have bought a wii three years ago.  I'm more interested in the subtle things Natal can do, like voice commands, interface stuff, and the fact it has the possibility of doing much more than just being a super sensitive wiimote.   

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@TwoOneFive said:
" im going with sony's controller for sure. that thing is excellent dude. its soooo accurate, the tech demos are ridiculous, i cant imagine how great games will use this: check out this gif, its accurate as fucking hell man! its awesome: 
  versus natal: 
   I think its obvious Sony has the right idea here, whereas MS was showing people talking to a little boy for no fucking reason.  and then some celebrities that clearly ARE NOT gamers (like sugar ray leonard, yeah ill take his word on what the future of gaming is!) playing a racing game where you hold your hands out playing air-race-car-driver. lame as balls.  "
1: Shot in a lab.  No surrounding lights or motion noise. You never know how many times they tried this to get the perfect shot.
2: Shot at a LIve Lauch with flash cameras going off, people thronging around the stage and lots of background motion noise.

Also, Sony's controller looks ugly as sin.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hot_Karl

In all honesty, it's going to depend 100% on the third-party support. Look at what happened with the Playstation Eye (which they're giving another chance to with the Move business) and the Xbox Vision Camera. They each had low support (and next to no support from third-party developers), so they now just sit at Gamestop counters, collecting dust.  

Technically, the 360 has a bigger userbase, which theoretically means a larger amount of people that they can sell Natal to. But it absolutely won't matter if there are no compelling games to motivate gamers to buy the equipment and use it for more than a week. Hell, the Wii is selling well, but most games not published/developed by Nintendo are disappointing at the registers- this is causing more companies to stay away from that platform.  

At this point, I can't say which one will come out on top. Out of convenience sake, I would say Natal, just because it's rumored to be cheaper than the Move ($80 compared to the supposed sub-$100 price for the latter), the 360 has a bigger userbase and it's easier to sell one piece of equipment than three pieces of tech (the Move controller, the extra "nunchuk" thing and the Playstation Eye are all used together). But both controllers have an uphill battle.

TheKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By TheKing

Sony Move will fail miserably. Natal will do slightly better but not great. Motion controls are dumb.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bionicicide

Natal if they market as a fitness device and get regular 'Home Shopping Network' slots, both will scare 3rd party developers (wasting resources on learning the tech properly) and that will cause them to die.

Sony couldn't do anything with EyeToy when they were the causal leader with the PS2.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Alphiehyr

You can't judge on something that isn't out yet.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By Brendan

I shall repeat the wisdom of those before me:  Third party support, third party support, third party support.
wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By wh1terav3n
@TwoOneFive: Wow, way to pick the absolute 1 time natal failed and pick up on Sony's like a fanboy. Which you are, so I guess no big deal. Let me put it this way. The people who wanted Sony's motion controller already have it on the Wii. Are you for real going to play SOCOM 4 with THAT? That is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. At least MS is TRYING to be original and not just float on Nintendo's boat. I think that Natal has far more potential, because it can be used with a regular controller and also has much more advanced technology (it was in the top 10 inventions of the past year from Popular Science AND Time magazine for a reason). Sony's won't sell because not too many people are going to make games for it that the install base will want to play (like Socom, which like I said is the most ridiculous thing ever). Most PS3 owners don't want a fitness game or a Wii Sports, or else they would have already bought a wii. Sony's will sell, but not much more than the Eye did.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38  Edited By Jeust
@chrissedoff said:

"but whatever, sony fanboys will be sony fanboys. i hope they really are committed to pretending the arc is cool. at least sony will make a little bit of their r&d money back on these goons buying arc just to stick it to micro$$$$$oft "

Yep, really! The wand just seems a bonified wiimote. Where is the interest of it, besides using it with the power of the ps3? It doesn't look nothing remarkable on itself.  

Maybe i'm just blind...

@TwoOneFive
said:

" @chrissedoff said:

" nobody's going to buy the arc. sorry sony fans, it's just got no hook to it whatsoever. you can't say with any intellectual honesty that natal isn't the more novel concept.
but whatever, sony fanboys will be sony fanboys. i hope they really are committed to pretending the arc is cool. at least sony will make a little bit of their r&d money back on these goons buying arc just to stick it to micro$$$$$oft "

you cant honestly sit there and say natal is a novel concept.  and your theory on motion controls is shit.  games like wii-bowling wouldnt be fun at all with out the motion controls, and with them it is a very fun game to play with friends.  "  
How can you say it won't be fun? have you tried it, or just shooting the breeze? 

Like Alphiehyr said...  

@Alphiehyr
said:

" You can't judge on something that isn't out yet. "

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Sony. Their motion control is actually rooted in reality. It has buttons, and it's set up so that it actually works. Natal is a lot more pie-in-the-sky. Sony's effort looks infinitely better than what I expected, and for the first time in my life, I am legitimately excited about the prospect of some good motion control games.

Malchom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Malchom

Issue is mostly third party support and how they will innovate with this.

On the basis that both techs get the same support, Natal will get casual acceptance. PSMove has more potential in the gamer market IMO because of precision, functionality and pricing.

If both only get Shovelware and rarely anything "juicy"... Natal will win IMO.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#41  Edited By AgentJ

I think because of the buy-in cost, Natal has a much better shot of doing well. It's one device compared to 9.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MrKlorox

Depends on if MS comes up with a controller counterpart to Natal. Natal by itself isn't the future of gaming by any means.

Sony's Move had potential, back when it could have had the full controller layout between two hands. But it doesn't even have an analog stick on the main controller... so nope.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jeust

And one thing i bet almost everyone, especially fanboys have forgot, Natal can scan objects and use them as interface.  

So instead of a wand that supposedly is a riffle, you can scan a toy riffle and have it work with your game. Why do you want a controller when you can use a flexible interface that can become what you need at anytime, even a controller? 

If you scan a controller, in theory it can interpret the controller.    

If Natal delivers, it will blow all other motion controllers out of the water.

That's why i can't really see what's so amazing about Move. 

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jeffgoldblum

The Wii already won.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#45  Edited By rjayb89

I'd think that the Natal will fare well with the casual audience while the Move, though more technically in-line with what it's expected to do, will experience less support.  Somehow, I can picture the Natal the first time I played the Wii, using the Wii-mote, me exaggerated my movements in an attempt to be more effective at what is displayed on the screen when really all you need to do is flick your wrist.  Of course, not exactly how you'd expect yourself to play with the Natal, but something more along the line of me just lazily waving my hand at things and whatnot to do things.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TwoOneFive
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @TwoOneFive said:
" im going with sony's controller for sure. that thing is excellent dude. its soooo accurate, the tech demos are ridiculous, i cant imagine how great games will use this: check out this gif, its accurate as fucking hell man! its awesome: 
  versus natal: 
   I think its obvious Sony has the right idea here, whereas MS was showing people talking to a little boy for no fucking reason.  and then some celebrities that clearly ARE NOT gamers (like sugar ray leonard, yeah ill take his word on what the future of gaming is!) playing a racing game where you hold your hands out playing air-race-car-driver. lame as balls.  "
1: Shot in a lab.  No surrounding lights or motion noise. You never know how many times they tried this to get the perfect shot. 2: Shot at a LIve Lauch with flash cameras going off, people thronging around the stage and lots of background motion noise.  Also, Sony's controller looks ugly as sin. "
i see a ceiling full of lights. everything is tracked by the controllers.  
you think they tried for hours to get this perfect shot? you are talking out of your ass, they did the same stuff on a stage outta nowhere last e3 and it worked just as good.  

god this site is being bombarded with annoying fucking 360 fanboys who are defending NATAL to the death when none of you have the slightest idea of what it wil be like. i guess that why you think its awesome because it is all in your imagination. 
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Jeust said:
" And one thing i bet almost everyone, especially fanboys have forgot, Natal can scan objects and use them as interface.  

So instead of a wand that supposedly is a riffle, you can scan a toy riffle and have it work with your game. Why do you want a controller when you can use a flexible interface that can become what you need at anytime, even a controller? 

If you scan a controller, in theory it can interpret the controller.    

If Natal delivers, it will blow all other motion controllers out of the water.

That's why i can't really see what's so amazing about Move. 

"
thats all fake though dude. none of that was real man. sony has been showing real demos that look and work great and are fun, MS just keeps showing this fake commercials of what it "will be like"
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jeust
@TwoOneFive:  

True the commercial is not a vision of what they want to make with it. But they made a live demo, and it was shown at work, with real games also, at the same summit sony showed move for the first time.  

And there are a lot of serious work on Natal, so i'm confident it will do what they've showed, at will be great!  

It has the power to move forward technology in a meaningful way, that why i'm much more hyped about Natal than Move.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Jeust said:
" @TwoOneFive:   True the commercial is not a vision of what they want to make with it. But they made a live demo, and it was shown at work, with real games also, at the same summit sony showed move for the first time.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-443dE5-gk    And there are a lot of serious work on Natal, so i'm confident it will do what they've showed, at will be great!  "
yeah, im going to take Sugar Ray Leonards word on what the future of gaming is. great find there dude. i've seen that before. and its glitchy as fuck, he tried it on Jimmy Fallon and everyone kept crashing like crazy.  
and guess what, thats how old people and little kids will play burnout. everyone else will use a nice steering wheel+pedals controller if they want the driving to feel real. these asses are trying to say that playing air-race-car feels real. come on dude. 
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jeust
@TwoOneFive:  

ahahaha you're a real comedian. Like Move really showed something that works! What you've seen when it was announced was an even glitchier presentation! Now that was funny! 

Burnout worked fine, you're just too fanboyish to see it. And that was a presentation, nobody is going to play it on the air.  

Natal was even mentioned as one of Time's best 50 inventions last year. It does something besides trying to emulate a wiimote.  

And you can argue all you want but working with a wiimote is not all that intuitive, it's much more without it.