Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#51  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I wish GFWL was better, and had voice chat or something. Here's hopin for next gen.

spaghettitime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By spaghettitime

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

Halo on Steam?

..... Only if Microsoft's able to wring Steam from Gabe's cold dead hands. :P

(Are people already forgetting Gabe's vendetta against Windows 8?)

People who run wildly successful businesses tend not to let personal opinion get in the way of dollars being made. Gabe Newell is a weird dude but he's not a dumb weird dude.

That said, Gaben's distaste of Microsoft's latest OS isn't even a cow's fart away from the one fact that shows how ridonkulous this rumor is.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By JoeyRavn

@WarlockEngineerMoreDakka said:

Halo on Steam?

..... Only if Microsoft's able to wring Steam from Gabe's cold dead hands. :P

(Are people already forgetting Gabe's vendetta against Windows 8?)

I've always considered Gabe to be a very level-headed and sensible person. His dislike of Windows 8 (which is not a vendetta against it) will probably not interfere with the way Steam conducts its business, at least not negatively. He is trying to potentiate other platforms (Ubuntu, OSX) as alternatives to Windows 8, but he's far from penalizing Windows 8 users to "make a statement".

Besides, plenty of Microsoft (owned or published) games are on Steam already (Age of Empires and Age of Empires Online, Fable, Iron Brigade, Toy Soldiers, Alan Wake, etc.), so why not some more? I honestly hope this proves true, and since many times the app date on the Steam database has translated as the game being available on the platform, fingers are crossed as much as fingers can be crossed. If, in the end, Halo 3 is not on Steam, I'll bet that it's not because Gabe explicitly forbade it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#54  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Age of Empires III is microsoft published, and totally on steam, so I don't see why it couldn't happen. Also Halo 3 is a fantastic game and I would possibly be willing to pay money for it on a computerbox.

spaghettitime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By spaghettitime

@ArbitraryWater said:

Age of Empires III is microsoft published, and totally on steam, so I don't see why it couldn't happen. Also Halo 3 is a fantastic game and I would possibly be willing to pay money for it on a computerbox.

Age of Empires III was also developed FOR the PC. You don't see why a company wouldn't want to bother putting in effort to bring A decent classic (which already has a modern Anniversary edition on current consoles) and its dead sequel port that are already available on PC while also necroing a 5 year old game for a marginal amount of sales that might pay for a company luncheon?

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#56  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@spaghettitime said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Age of Empires III was also developed FOR the PC. You don't see why a company wouldn't want to bother putting in effort to bring A decent classic (which already has a modern Anniversary edition on current consoles) and its dead sequel port that are already available on PC while also necroing a 5 year old game for a marginal amount of sales that might pay for a company luncheon?

Yeah, but for some reason I doubt it would cost them much to bring it over. In any case, I was merely confirming that it's possible, though I still doubt that it's probable.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@DarthOrange said:

Did that say their was going to be a Fast and Furious 6 game? Fuck I hope that's true.

You and me both.

Alekss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Alekss

Wont Microsoft just release Halo on Windows 8?

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Nilazz

old game is old.

Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Nikoran

Imagine Forge on the PC.

It will be glorious.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By glots

I'd be happy already with just proper co-op being included to the pc-versions. Three games worth of blasting through with a friend...mmm, I'd definetly like that!

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SlashDance

@Nilazz said:

old game is old.

Says the guys with a 30 year-old movie as an avatar. :p

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By GS_Dan

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Bell_End

HA! the lems loosing more exclusives !!

oops though it was on SW for a moment then

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By Venatio

I would be really interested in this unlikely but awesome sounding Halo collection

I would love to play Halo 2 and 3 on PC again

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By h0lgr

Man, holy shit. Yeah I'd buy both 2 and 3 if it were on Steam. 
2 is already pretty cool on PC but it's not Steam cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow I doubt that, if they weren't even going to make the Halo RTS for PC then I don't see why they all of a sudden changes their mind about the shooters (hint Microsoft: make Halo Wars 2 PC exclusive please!).

If it happens to be true I'll hold out for the Halo 2 Anniversary remake that might happen, but hell yeah I'll get Halo 3 for PC!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If this happens, my guess is that they wouldn't actually sell Halo 1 and 2 on Steam, they'd just be preorder bonuses. Hence why Halo 2 is on there despite the multiplayer being shut down. Give it free for preorders and people will be fine with just having single player.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By DaMisterChief
What the PC version would look like
What the PC version would look like
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'd be somewhat surprised to see Halo 1 and 2 on there, but 3? That just seems crazy, I'll believe that when I see it.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By halberdierv2

@Demoskinos said:

Putting Halo 2 on Steam would be a REAL weird move simply because the online multiplayer is being taken offline

not necessarily, since you can run it on valve's servers, or run p2p matches.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By hippie_genocide

Wouldn't MS be wanting to push their Windows 8 agenda for first party titles? Especially their crown jewel franchise. Seems odd for it to show up on Steam.

Also, why isn't this thread titled "Holy Fuck! KoF XIII On Steam! Kreygasm"?

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#73  Edited By ShadowMoses900

I don't think this is going to happen, Halo is the Xbox's flag ship series. If that went to Steam then some people won't buy the Xbox again. But hey what do I know? They brought the first two Halo's to PC, it's true you can see it for yourself:

HALO: Combat Evolved (PC) - Walmart

Halo 2 for PC | GameStop

Maybe they might do it again?

ArjanN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ArjanN

The Dyad developer just confirmed Dyad is coming in March, so it's fairly safe to say this is real. Several of those other games were already known to be coming as well.

@ShadowMoses900 said:

I don't think this is going to happen, Halo is the Xbox's flag ship series. If that went to Steam then some people won't buy the Xbox again. But hey what do I know? They brought the first two Halo's to PC, it's true you can see it for yourself:

Yeah, but this is Halo 3, which is 'old' now anyway.

It's not like anyone is still going to buy a 360 for Halo 3 now, or like they're still selling a lot of copies of Halo 3 for 350, whle they could sell still sell like a million copies on Steam.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#75  Edited By sammo21

@Turtlebird95:

If Halo 3 was released on PC I'd start playing it. So much better than this Halo 4 shit currently out on 360.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Bane122

@Sammo21: Why not just play Halo 3 on 360?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#77  Edited By sammo21

@Bane122:

I could but a Halo 3 on PC would be a newer community and look better too. Not to mention there could be some interesting PC only options.

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By McBEEF

Really enjoyed Halo 3 on the 360, I would pick up the other two on steam for sure

Perhaps lead the way for some of Microsofts other older console exclusives to make their way onto PC?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#79  Edited By Ben_H

Not gonna lie, I would totally buy them just to do the single player. I played through the first halo tons but never played any of the other ones.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By clstirens

wondering if there's going to be a Halo 3 PC port soon (why, though? I loved 3, but we've had Reach and 4. Why not just multiplatform the next Halo?)

It'd be nice, but right now it's likely false.

Smuglittleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By Smuglittleman

Honestly, I am more excited for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII coming to Steam.

jjm494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jjm494

My mind says don't expect the first three Halos being re-released on PC anytime soon. My heart says it wants it more than anything in the world.

One thought :I really hope if by a long-shot, this turns out to be true, that Reach and 4 follow shortly.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@clstirens said:

wondering if there's going to be a Halo 3 PC port soon (why, though? I loved 3, but we've had Reach and 4. Why not just multiplatform the next Halo?)

It'd be nice, but right now it's likely false.

Releasing them on the PC would severely hurt console sales. Halo 3 was the only reason many people bought a 360, just as Halo 5 will likely be their next-gen system seller.

3 is old enough that it doesn't matter any more, they can make a lot of money from the PC crowd and maybe even tempt some of them to buy a console to continue playing the next games. ODST and Reach might follow onto the PC, if these ones do well enough.. but there's not a chance we'll see the new trilogy any time soon.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Snail

If this is true then Microsoft has pretty much officially stopped caring about having actual exclusives on the Xbox platform.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Azteck

I'd so buy it. I'd buy it so hard.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By clstirens

@WinterSnowblind: You're absolutely correct. I was more referencing the cost of Diverting resources to port an older title, vs buffing a current project's team to develop multi platform.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By haffy

@Snail said:

If this is true then Microsoft has pretty much officially stopped caring about having actual exclusives on the Xbox platform.

Yeah. From now on, every time I see an Xbox exclusive I'll just wait five years for the possibility of it coming to PC.

Can't wait till 2017 to play Trials evo on PC.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By JoeyRavn

@haffy said:

@Snail said:

Yeah. From now on, every time I see an Xbox exclusive I'll just wait five years for the possibility of it coming to PC.

Uh, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but Trials Evolution is being released on PC on March 22. Either way, great news, right?

And I wouldn't go as far as saying that Microsoft doesn't care about exclusives anymore, should Halo 3 be released on PC. It's a launch title, for Christ's sake. There have been not one, not two, but THREE installments on the Halo franchise since Halo 3 (ODST, Reach and Halo 4) that are not coming to PC any time soon.

Only time will tell, but I really don't see why Steam would ever list Halo 3 in their database for no reason at all, especially considering that Valve is fully aware that people will find about it sooner rather than later.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By haffy

@JoeyRavn said:

@haffy said:

@Snail said:

Uh, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but Trials Evolution is being released on PC on March 22. Either way, great news, right?

I didn't know that, and I'm really fucking happy about it coming to PC lol.

Also I hate the idea of exclusives in the first place. I don't really understand why anyone would care about a game losing it's exclusivity to anything.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Drebin_893

@haffy said:

@JoeyRavn said:

@haffy said:

@Snail said:

I didn't know that, and I'm really fucking happy about it coming to PC lol.

Also I hate the idea of exclusives in the first place. I don't really understand why anyone would care about a game losing it's exclusivity to anything.

I care about a game losing it's exclusivity. Like not having to plug in my shitty motherfucking Xbox to play Halo.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would buy that in an instant. I have loved the games but never owned or beat any of them. But what really caught my eye.... Fez!

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By iam3green

i don't think it's true. i don't really see that happening. it would be interesting to see that. i hope that halo 2 comes to PC there are servers online.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#93  Edited By buft

@myketuna said:

I'm extremely skeptical of any of this Halo on Steam talk. No matter how they got the info. But if it happens, I might bite on a Halo Collection steam sale.

i would, my one shame is that i never finished halo 2 because at the time of release i didn't have an Xbox or a vista pc, so i got to play all of the first chapter only

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Snail

@JoeyRavn said:

@haffy said:

@Snail said:

And I wouldn't go as far as saying that Microsoft doesn't care about exclusives anymore, should Halo 3 be released on PC. It's a launch title, for Christ's sake. There have been not one, not two, but THREE installments on the Halo franchise since Halo 3 (ODST, Reach and Halo 4) that are not coming to PC any time soon.

Only time will tell, but I really don't see why Steam would ever list Halo 3 in their database for no reason at all, especially considering that Valve is fully aware that people will find about it sooner rather than later.

They do seem keen, though, on having games simultaneously available on their console, Windows 8 and Windows Phone, providing a streamlined experience throughout all platforms. This comes with the sacrifice of exclusivity, meaning that now more than ever, you can play a lot more games if you have a PS3 and a PC than if you have a 360 and a PC (and this has been so for ages).