So I don't listen to the Hotspot much anymore

Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Vigilance

But I decided to tune in this week, and they were reading trolling comments from reviews and asking the reviewer to respond to them. 

Surely there's SOMEthing more interesting they could discuss. 

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

Making fun of fanboy whining is always a good topic.  IGN's constant mocking of their own fanbase is the biggest reason I listen to their podcasts.

fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By fuzzyponken

What's even less interesting is you coming here to tell us about it. 

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By Cube

So I don't post in lame threads much anymore

But I decided to post in this one, and he was talking about another sites shitty podcast and asking the community to reply to his thread which had no value in discussion.

Surely there's SOMEthing more interesting we could discuss.

Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vigilance
@Cube said:
" So I don't post in lame threads much anymore  But I decided to post in this one, and he was talking about another sites shitty podcast and asking the community to reply to his thread which had no value in discussion.   Surely there's SOMEthing more interesting we could discuss. "
Obviously not lol. 
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By rjayb89

I love it when Rebel FM just refers the praise they get from their e-mails as "dicksucking." Always a good laugh, even though it's really the opposite of trolling.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By skywing

FYI they don't normally do that.  It was just this last episode that they did.  I have been listening to the hotspot since its start with Rich and let me say that the podcast has maintained its high level of entertainment all throughout.  No bombcast but still very good.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Th3_James

Bombcast is the only gaming podcast i will ever listen to

steelharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By steelharrison
@Th3_James said:
"Bombcast is the only gaming podcast i will ever listen to "

hell yeahh
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Doctorchimp

Does the hotspot really do that?

Man I might start listening to them then, cause I'm on GameFAQs (same community now) and jesus is that the worst cesspool of posts I've ever been on.....and I've been on /b/ from like 2001...

It'd be nice to hear someone else try and rationalize what those kids are posting there.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Shadow

Gaming to me is a religion.  And Haze is the shit.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Who hosts the Hotspot now? I listened to it when Vinny hosted it, but lost interest when Tor Thorsen took over. Probably listened to two or three of them, but as soon as Vinny left the quality dropped. Does Tor still host it?

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
@skywing said:
" FYI they don't normally do that.  It was just this last episode that they did.  I have been listening to the hotspot since its start with Rich and let me say that the podcast has maintained its high level of entertainment all throughout.  No bombcast but still very good. "
There's some aspects to HotSpot that's better than BombCast. Most of the time the HotSpot doesn't go on for far too long like BombCast which it goes on for over two hours. Also, the HotSpot is well paced (Most of the time), unlike BombCast when the staff would go on for far too long on a topic - I mean seriously, when one staff member talks about what he's been playing for like over fifteen minutes, it gets boring.
alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By alternate
@MattyFTM said:
" Who hosts the Hotspot now? I listened to it when Vinny hosted it, but lost interest when Tor Thorsen took over. Probably listened to two or three of them, but as soon as Vinny left the quality dropped. Does Tor still host it? "
Brendan Sinclair (SP?) I think.  It is okay.  Very bland but passes the time if you have nothing else to listen to.
samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By samfo
@Shadow said:

" Gaming to me is a religion.  And Haze is the shit. "

Easily one of the funniest things ive ever heard ever.
 I had to come up with a track that can hit up that kind of rush I get from the game and I think we really rocked it!!
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Drebin_893

I really, really enjoy listening to The Hotspot. I can't wait until it's no longer cool to hate on everything Gamespot, because it's gotten kind of embarrassing.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
@Drebin_893 said:
" I really, really enjoy listening to The Hotspot. I can't wait until it's no longer cool to hate on everything Gamespot, because it's gotten kind of embarrassing. "
That latest HotSpot theme song fucking rocks.
choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By choffy21

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Afroman269

People still listen to the Hotspot?

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@Kou_Leifoh said:
There's some aspects to HotSpot that's better than BombCast. Most of the time the HotSpot doesn't go on for far too long like BombCast which it goes on for over two hours. Also, the HotSpot is well paced (Most of the time), unlike BombCast when the staff would go on for far too long on a topic - I mean seriously, when one staff member talks about what he's been playing for like over fifteen minutes, it gets boring. "
WRONG
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

i barely listened to it when i was on gamespot. a couple of times i would listen. u should just stay here :)

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By evanbrau

I've always loved dramatic readings of forum posts.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" @Kou_Leifoh said:
There's some aspects to HotSpot that's better than BombCast. Most of the time the HotSpot doesn't go on for far too long like BombCast which it goes on for over two hours. Also, the HotSpot is well paced (Most of the time), unlike BombCast when the staff would go on for far too long on a topic - I mean seriously, when one staff member talks about what he's been playing for like over fifteen minutes, it gets boring. "
WRONG "
You must love being an crazy-obsess GB fanboy, whom lashes out at people whom point any problem (And there's a lot of them here) about GB.  =)
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By apathylad
@MattyFTM: 

I've been listening to the Hotspot lately, and Brendan Sinclair has been hosting for awhile now (I believe he was the host after Tor Thorson). Tom McShea and Kevin VanOrd have regular appearances on the podcast.

The Hotspot has its moments. Sinclair reads ESRB rating descriptions, which are occasionally hilarious.
grayfox1210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By grayfox1210

hotspot<giantbomb

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By FreakAche

Brendan Sinclair is actually a pretty good host.  He's clearly no Rich Gallup, but the show is still pretty good.  People need to get over their mindless Gamespot hate.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@FreakAche: He's too slow for me. I don't like his voice.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By HandsomeDead
@MattyFTM said:
" Who hosts the Hotspot now? I listened to it when Vinny hosted it, but lost interest when Tor Thorsen took over. Probably listened to two or three of them, but as soon as Vinny left the quality dropped. Does Tor still host it? "
Same. Having heard Ryan helm the Bombcast for so long, it's weird to think of Vinny as a host.
TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TinaWood

I stopped listening ages ago, it's so crap without the guys from here... 

I'm sick of the Retardo Torres, his voice totally creeps me out.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FreakAche

@TinaWood
Ricardo is almost never on the show.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Kou_Leifoh said:
" @skywing said:
" FYI they don't normally do that.  It was just this last episode that they did.  I have been listening to the hotspot since its start with Rich and let me say that the podcast has maintained its high level of entertainment all throughout.  No bombcast but still very good. "
All of these are the reason I love the Bombcast actually :P  Their in depth discussions and stuff usually end up with great comedic value.
I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By I_smell

The who-spot???

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By Bennyishere

I'm so sick of these GameSpot threads. I stopped going on GameSpot a long while ago and so should you.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By TheHBK

Why would you listen to that.  I stopped at the end of 2007, with the whole Jeff thing and Vinny no longer hosting, I was like fuck this.  Besides why would you ever need to listen to that.  Example, the way to answer the question of what they think of a game.

Hotspot - "I like the game, its got a charm and it speaks to me.  It is pretty fun and a good game."
Bombcast - "Man, that game is fucking good."

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Synthballs

I don't listen to either. Podcasts in general bore the everloving shit out of me.

Don

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Don

It is entirely possible people use many sites and listen to many podcasts to get a composite view of the games they are anticipating and gather additional insights into the industry.
While Brendan is different than any of the previous hosts of The HotSpot, he has some great strengths. I listen to The HotSpot when most people are on, but like @TinaWood, there are a few people I just can't listen to . . . and that extends to many podcasts.
There is still quality coverage on most of the major sites. . . I guess that includes IGN too.

Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Impossibilium

I stopped listening to the Hot Spot when Tom McShea started talking about how much he hates the military. Not funny, not games, not fun.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By ez123

I listened to one where they were talking about Forza 3 and Justin Calvert was on it.  It was boring, him and Ekberg ain't shit without Jeff there.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By luce
@Drebin_893 said:
" I really, really enjoy listening to The Hotspot. I can't wait until it's no longer cool to hate on everything Gamespot, because it's gotten kind of embarrassing. "

Ditto, my friend, ditto
 Ditto, my friend, ditto
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EvilTwin

For me, the problem with the Hotspot is the range of people who are on it.  If they had the same 3 or 4 people on it every week, it would be a pretty good podcast worth a listen.  They have certain guests that I can't stand, though.  And instead of deciding whether or not that week's Hotspot was worth listening to, I just decided to stop downloading it.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FreakAche

@Impossibilium
In reference to Tom McShea, he actually apologized for that statement on a later episode, although his politics due still occasionally come out in his tone though.  I do still like listening to what he has to say however, and he's actually one of my favorite personalities currently at Gamespot.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#42  Edited By buzz_clik

I started listening to the Hotspot when Vinny was the host, and loved that era. I always wonder if Vinny ever misses the hosting thing, and it took me a while to adjust to the way he behaves on the Bombcast. These days, though, I think Vinny adds a nice and shiny veneer of crazy to the podcast, which I don't think he could unleash on the more homogenised GS show.

I don't mind Brendan's reign as host. I like Tor, but I think he's better suited to being a guest on the show (although I loved the funk tune he used as the intro/outro).

@choffy21: Never heard that before. Brilliance.