#1 Edited by face15 (1300 posts) -

UPDATE:  
Well the VGAs are over now, some amid the terrible jokes and generally shameful presentation we got a couple of great trailers.
If you want to re-watch the VGAs they are currently being broadcast here:  http://www.justin.tv/spikevgas#/w/642341584 
If you just want to watch the trailers (which is recommended since the awards were fairly shit) Game Trailer already has them all up:  http://www.gametrailers.com/

#2 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

I havent come across one, but if i do i'll post on here.

#3 Posted by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -

Oh yeah, that's today right? I'd love to watch it too, makes me angry as hell with all the stupid fucking people that are announcing/hosting.

#4 Posted by MrBlowfish (84 posts) -
@Jolt92:  
Dude...   Neil Patric Harris is awesome!
#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Yeah I'll be away from my tv but have a computer, if anyone has found any live streams I would like to see these announcements.

#6 Posted by RichardLOlson (1852 posts) -

I'm sure they will either do a live stream or have it up somewhere online after the show is over with.

#7 Posted by MrMatey72 (85 posts) -
@face15: 
I think this link is streaming Spike TV.  You should be able to watch it there tonight I would assume.
 
http://www.boxlive.tv/channels/spiketv
#8 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I'm recording it, will most likely just skip to the trailers when I do watch it

#9 Edited by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -

lets play the Spike VGA's drinking game. 
 
every time you see something that makes you feel ashamed to be a "gamer" you take a shot.
#10 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@p_p_o_d said:
" lets play the Spike VGA's drinking game.  every time you see something that makes you feel ashamed to be a "gamer" you take a shot. "
I'm game.
#11 Posted by TheBlindChessman (241 posts) -
@p_p_o_d said:
" lets play the Spike VGA's drinking game.  every time you see something that makes you feel ashamed to be a "gamer" you take a shot. "
There isn't enough alcohol in the world for that.
#12 Posted by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -
@TheBlindChessman said:
" @p_p_o_d said:
" lets play the Spike VGA's drinking game.  every time you see something that makes you feel ashamed to be a "gamer" you take a shot. "
There isn't enough alcohol in the world for that. "

well at the very least we should all be drunk before the random C list celebrity wins the best performance award.    
 
(is Nolan North even up for that award this year?)
#13 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -
@p_p_o_d:
You're okay in my book.
#14 Posted by sharma55 (458 posts) -
@p_p_o_d said:
" @TheBlindChessman said:
" @p_p_o_d said:
" lets play the Spike VGA's drinking game.  every time you see something that makes you feel ashamed to be a "gamer" you take a shot. "
There isn't enough alcohol in the world for that. "
well at the very least we should all be drunk before the random C list celebrity wins the best performance award.     (is Nolan North even up for that award this year?) "
Sam Worthington's gonna get it for sure...
#15 Posted by PenguinDust (12514 posts) -

All the trailers will be up on Gametrailers.com in the morning anyway.  So unless you need to see it immediately, I wouldn't worry about it too much. 

#16 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -
@PenguinDust said:
" All the trailers will be up on Gametrailers.com in the morning anyway.  So unless you need to see it immediately, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  "
Yeah this is what I'm doing.  That way I don't have to wade through all the . . .discomfort that the Spike VGAs usually inflict upon me. 
#17 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

I feel embarrassed watching it. All I remember from the last time I watched it was how corny and stupid it was.

Online
#18 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -
@p_p_o_d said:
" lets play the Spike VGA's drinking game.  every time you see something that makes you feel ashamed to be a "gamer" you take a shot. "
Hahaha. 
 
Although we don't need thousands upon thousands of deaths due to alcohol poisoning occurring right before Christmas.
#19 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

fyi, the "live stream" on spike.com last year was shitty off-stage shit that didn't even show the trailers.

#20 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5425 posts) -
@Unchained said:
" @PenguinDust said:
" All the trailers will be up on Gametrailers.com in the morning anyway.  So unless you need to see it immediately, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  "
Yeah this is what I'm doing.  That way I don't have to wade through all the . . .discomfort that the Spike VGAs usually inflict upon me.  "
This is what I will be doing this year! 
#21 Edited by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -

 a quick google later...
 
Best Performance By A Human Male

•Daniel Craig as James Bond (Blood Stone 007)
•Gary Oldman as Sgt. Reznov (Call of Duty Black Ops)
•John Cleese as Jasper (Fable III)
•Martin Sheen as Illusive Man (Mass Effect 2)
•Nathan Fillion as Sergeant Edward Buck (Halo Reach)
•Neil Pattrick Harris as Peter Parker/Amazing Spider-Man (Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions)
•Rob Wiethoff as John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)
•Sam Worthington as Alex Mason (Call of Duty Black Ops)

Best Performance by a Human Female

•Dame Judi Dench as M (Blood Stone 007)
•Danica Patrick as Danica Patrick (Blur)
•Emmanuelle Chriqui as The Numbers Lady (Call of Duty Back Ops)
•Felicia Day as Veronica (Fallout New Vegas)
•Jennifer Hale as Commander Sheppard (Mass Effect 2)
•Kristin Bell as Lucy Stillman (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood)
•Tricia Helfer as Sarah Kerrican (Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty)
•Yvonne Strahovski as Miranda Lawson (Mass Effect 2)

No Nolan North but atleast  Jennifer Hale is there.    AKA  the female Norlan North. 
 
wouldnt be shocked if NPH won... atleast they know he will be there.     I dont think anyone else on that list would be seen at this show.   (well maybe the John Marston guy) 
 
oh and Felicia Day  will win.    if MS could get her to talk about facebook she will be at this thing.....

#22 Posted by Flaboere (344 posts) -

The boxlive.tv link someone posted is showing some show on swat, and commercials. Is this part of the show?  
On the SpikeTV site, i can't find any link to the actual stream! Do you have to subscribe and pay, be an american or something?

#23 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -
@p_p_o_d said:

"  a quick google later... Best Performance By A Human Male•Daniel Craig as James Bond (Blood Stone 007)•Gary Oldman as Sgt. Reznov (Call of Duty Black Ops)•John Cleese as Jasper (Fable III)•Martin Sheen as Illusive Man (Mass Effect 2)•Nathan Fillion as Sergeant Edward Buck (Halo Reach)•Neil Pattrick Harris as Peter Parker/Amazing Spider-Man (Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions)•Rob Wiethoff as John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)•Sam Worthington as Alex Mason (Call of Duty Black Ops)"

I wouldn't be opposed to Martin Sheen, Gary Oldman or Rob Wiethoff winning it. The award name is a little odd though, "Best Performance By A Human Male". There are animals voice acting now?
#24 Posted by MrMatey72 (85 posts) -
@Flaboere: Its streaming what is on Spike TV right now.  So it should show the awards when they're on.
#25 Posted by MachoFantastico (4683 posts) -

Don't care about the awards, will check out the trailers once there up on the web. 

#26 Posted by Flaboere (344 posts) -
@MrMatey72 said:
" @Flaboere: Its streaming what is on Spike TV right now.  So it should show the awards when they're on. "
Ok...  
It seems like they're testing 2 different SWAT teams because, that's what gamers do, or something? And maybe the best SWAT team wins the SWAT Team of the Year Game Award or something... I dunno!
#27 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Flaboere:  SpikeTV isn't just about gaming.  In fact it's rarely about gaming at all.  It's just a channel for their target audience of males ages 15-35 or so.
#28 Posted by LiquidPrince (15946 posts) -

Spike does it on their site for free, but last years live stream was absolute garbage... It was like back stage...

#29 Edited by MrMatey72 (85 posts) -
@Flaboere: I would not try and figure it out.  All of Spike TV is full of dumbass shows.  I'm not watching anything Spike until the awards start in about 5 hours.
#30 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

There was a few sites doing it last year, but the quality was all round pretty bad and the programme itself dire.  Most of the guys running the streams were douchebags as well.  I remember a lot of complaints from people because most of them shut off as soon as the Halo trailer came on.  (i.e. the one thing people watched it for last year.  Expect repeat performances of this during the Uncharted or ME3 videos).  Do yourself a favour and wait for the HD trailers to be posted everywhere, 30 seconds after being shown.

#31 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

There are always a few people on justin.tv streaming it, i'd look there when the show's about to start.

#32 Posted by endless_void (706 posts) -

Last year's stream was laggy and the camera panned out of view when the trailers were shown. Definitely not watching this year's.

#33 Posted by NTM (7377 posts) -

Wait, when's it on? I've been wondering so I can watch it.
#34 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

You guys are haters. 
 
The VGA are the apex of our industry, and you elitists are just upset that you aren't in touch with the gaming culture.   Spike VGA are a personification of ourselves.  

#35 Posted by Fallen189 (5006 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" You guys are haters.  The VGA are the apex of our industry, and you elitists are just upset that you aren't in touch with the gaming culture.   Spike VGA are a personification of ourselves.   "

#36 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@NTM said:
" Wait, when's it on? I've been wondering so I can watch it. "
I've been wondering this too.
#37 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Dylabaloo said:
" I've been wondering this too. "
Spike TV Bro, it's also done by GameTrailers. 
#38 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

guess we'll watch the important stuff after the show's over 
 
no rush

#39 Posted by l4wd0g (1952 posts) -

 @p_p_o_d:  my poor liver can't handle that much drinking

#40 Posted by DeF (4887 posts) -

the stream on spike seems to be region locked -.-

#41 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -
@DeF said:
" the stream on spike seems to be region locked -.- "
I could've told you that, most of their VGA content is.
#42 Posted by supaman900s (186 posts) -
@MrMatey72 said:
" @face15:  I think this link is streaming Spike TV.  You should be able to watch it there tonight I would assume.   http://www.boxlive.tv/channels/spiketv "
This link works, although its streaming "The Deadliest Warrior" right now...
#43 Posted by Ashler (96 posts) -

 Here you go: http://atdhe.net/tv/watch_spiketv.html

#44 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -
@supaman900s said:
" @MrMatey72 said:
" @face15:  I think this link is streaming Spike TV.  You should be able to watch it there tonight I would assume.   http://www.boxlive.tv/channels/spiketv "
This link works, although its streaming "The Deadliest Warrior" right now... "
Yeah, it's been streaming it for hours now. God I hate that show.
#45 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

Hope this works

#46 Posted by TheHT (11241 posts) -
@Unchained said:
" @PenguinDust said:
" All the trailers will be up on Gametrailers.com in the morning anyway.  So unless you need to see it immediately, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  "
Yeah this is what I'm doing.  That way I don't have to wade through all the . . .discomfort that the Spike VGAs usually inflict upon me.  "
#47 Posted by HistoryInRust (6311 posts) -
@Ashler said:
"  Here you go: http://atdhe.net/tv/watch_spiketv.html "
This works.  
 
I use atdhe.net to watch NBA games all the time. 
#48 Posted by EuanDewar (4914 posts) -

I'm going to get a good nights sleep then wake up refreshed in the morning so i can read about and digest all the announcments in like 5 minutes instead of sifting through a million low quality shitty live streams for hours on end. I recommend you do this to.
Online
#49 Edited by Vetterli (112 posts) -

Is it on yet? All I see are sweaty guys hugging each other in a UFC fight.
 
EDIT: Oh, there we go.
 
EDIT: Nope.

#50 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I find it hilarious that everyone is the majority of people are only watching for the reveals, not for the awards.