Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

This was just LOLERSkATES.

While I defiantly understand that many consoles, despite the Wii, takes up a huge amount of electricity, I usually unplug the wire outlet of my electro brick. So I am set, y'all.

But really, we as gamers will never stop playing games. People such as the article author just don't understand how big and deep the game industry is. How about we stop using gas for our creator's sake and use something else. We're near that era of green-ism, but gaming will always use up resources. People gotta deal.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was just LOLERSkATES.

While I defiantly understand that many consoles, despite the Wii, takes up a huge amount of electricity, I usually unplug the wire outlet of my electro brick. So I am set, y'all.

But really, we as gamers will never stop playing games. People such as the article author just don't understand how big and deep the game industry is. How about we stop using gas for our creator's sake and use something else. We're near that era of green-ism, but gaming will always use up resources. People gotta deal.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I always unplug My  Xbox 360 and PS3 when I am not using them , it also helped me to save lots of money  

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I read an article in GAMEINFORMER, issue 178, on environmental destruction. It talked about Greenpeace's Greener Electronics Guide. Guess who was at the bottom? Nintendo. Here's a link to the guide. Weird.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By daniel_beck_90
Limit movie watching on gaming devices. Viewing movies on a stand-alone unit is a lot more efficient. The Playstation 3, for example, uses five times more power than the stand-alone Sony Blu-Ray player to play the same movie.

yo gal , one of the main reasons I bought a PS3 was for watching Blue-Ray movies
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Wow, this will go down as the day that I declare yahoo the biggest idiot site ever.
". The systems use nearly the same amount of power when they are turned on and idle as they do when you are actively playing a game or watching a movie"

(psss... it's $14 for a year if you turn it off and $143 if its on the whole year.  )

THE HORROR!

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lemegeton

yeah i have a PS3 but ill go out and spend a months pay on a standalone blu-ray player just to help save the earth
i dont fucking think so

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tekmojo

Fuck no. I spent good money for my PS3, PC. I will use them how I please. 

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoG

Ok you guys, stop being dicks and claiming they are all idiots for what they say. It's super simple to solve this problem: Unplug your console. If you don't do it to be green, do it for your electric bill.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By ryanwho

I'm all for empty gestures that do close to nothing in the long run and are easily canceled out by the fact that the world doesn't end with America/Europe and India and China don't give a damn about this hippy bullshit. But don't preach it. When your empty gestures require me to have less fun, that's the line. I don't care how pretty you are in your skimpy hemp vest you need to shut your damn mouth at that point.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I think that there are other things that contaminate waaay more. Cars? How about recycling factories? Those clouds are higly toxic in content.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tekmojo
ryanwho said:
"I'm all for empty gestures that do close to nothing in the long run and are easily canceled out by the fact that the world doesn't end with America/Europe and India and China don't give a damn about this hippy bullshit. But don't preach it. When your empty gestures require me to have less fun, that's the line. I don't care how pretty you are in your skimpy hemp vest you need to shut your damn mouth at that point."
Amen.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rowr

Hippi can suck my balls.

This is pretty fucking low on the list of solutions for the environment.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Meowayne

I don't care about the environment.

But I advise every gamer who has to pay his own electricity bills to connect every gaming related machine to one or two multiple socket bricks which can be turned off.

Letting an Xbox, Wii, DVD player, Soundsystem and TV run on Standby for a year is quite expensive.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By brukaoru

I'm all for saving the environment and there's some good tips here. I have most of my consoles plugged into one power strip and when they aren't being used, I just flip the switch off.

The tip about not watching Blu-Ray movies on the PS3 is a bit silly though, many people bought their PS3 to watch movies.

Also, before anyone gets angry, the article isn't telling us to stop playing games, as stated:

The message is not to reduce the amount of time you play a game. Instead, it's a gentle reminder to turn off the game consoles when you're not using them and to enable the power save mode if you haven't already done so.
super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By super_machine

I've been flicking off the switch on the back of my PS3 lately. But I think my other energy actions offset my gaming. I use CF bulbs and car pool to work, also I use a digital thermostat and replaced my old windows last year.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane

While we are at it, let's all stop going to see movies so that we don't waste energy used by the travel and the move theaters.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By DBoy

I turn my 360 off when I'm not using it.