The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v2.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#251  Edited By FireBurger
@guthwulf: Dark Adventure? Below is a video of a different version of the game with one less character and different weapons, but the art etc. should be similar. 
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-590c8ae242be3
deactivated-590c8ae242be3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ESREVER: 

No.  There was no overworld that I remember.  Just a sidescroller.  

I think this is impossible since I can't remember any real helpful information.  Thanks though for trying guys.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253  Edited By FireBurger
@Hero_of_the_Day_2004: Alright, well check this out and see if you can't come up with something. I've got it filtered for C64, action, side-scrolling, and medieval/fantasy. If it's not there try messing with the filters yourself. Good luck.
guthwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#254  Edited By guthwulf
@FireBurger said:

" @guthwulf:  Dark Adventure? Below is a video of a different version of the game with one less character and different weapons, but the art etc. should be similar. "

Awesome dude!!! Thank you so much! I would have never found that game, if it weren't for you. 

How were you able to figure that out with so little and sketchy information?
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By FireBurger
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By FireBurger
@emsie12: Was your game 2D or 3D, do you remember if it was on DOS or Windows, what sort of view was it, was it educational? Anything else at all? 

@MistaSparkle: It wasn't Ikki, was it? It was known as Boomerang or Farmer's Rebellion outside of Japan.   
MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#257  Edited By MistaSparkle
@FireBurger: Unfortunately, no. Ikki isn't it. The character in the game I was thinking of was much smaller and you only vertically up the screen throwing your spear at other ninjas. Thanks for trying though!
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#258  Edited By Retnex

There was a game, I believe on the Nintendo 64, that was a cartoony demolition derby type game. It featured themed characters (a devil, ect) themed levels, and different power ups for the cars (one had a shredder on the front, and I remember shredding sheep with it). There where also triggers on the maps to set off traps for other players. I can't remember the name, because I was very young when I played it and it wasn't my game.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#259  Edited By ESREVER
@retnex said:

" There was a game, I believe on the Nintendo 64, that was a cartoony demolition derby type game. It featured themed characters (a devil, ect) themed levels, and different power ups for the cars (one had a shredder on the front, and I remember shredding sheep with it). There where also triggers on the maps to set off traps for other players. I can't remember the name, because I was very young when I played it and it wasn't my game. "

Cel Damage, it was on the Game Cube 

The Devil character was most likely Sinder, and the shredder was his special. 

No Caption Provided
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#260  Edited By MysteriousBob
@ESREVER said:
" @retnex said:

" There was a game, I believe on the Nintendo 64, that was a cartoony demolition derby type game. It featured themed characters (a devil, ect) themed levels, and different power ups for the cars (one had a shredder on the front, and I remember shredding sheep with it). There where also triggers on the maps to set off traps for other players. I can't remember the name, because I was very young when I played it and it wasn't my game. "

Cel Damage, it was on the Game Cube 

The Devil character was most likely Sinder, and the shredder was his special. 

No Caption Provided
"
PS2 as well. I'm pretty sure there was an XBox version as well.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By ESREVER
@MysteriousBob: Yea, you're right. I just said GC because its what I had it for.
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By Retnex
@MysteriousBob:@ESREVER: 
That'd be it, thanks guys. Don't know why I said Nintendo 64.
lancell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By lancell

Okay this is a hard one. It was a old computer game as far as I know, and it was a simple RTS puzzle game. The main character was a yellow round figure with a nose and very comic acty. There were other characters and as far as I remember they where in other colors, they may also be yellow tough. You build simple houses and also used different vehicles and they also ate stuff  they planted as far as I remember. When you ate some things you turned radioactive and such to survive in radioactive terrains, also the main objective was to build a space ship or something There was simple voice acting, and the game and it was in some sort of 3d I think, or the false 2d alike 3d effect. There was also a spin off of this game that was a side scroller, in this game you could build your own maps and such. As far as I remember, the name of the game was something with: Blip, Blup, Blupers, Blop, Blump, etc. I may be completly wrong with the name tough,  find nothing about it on google so.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#264  Edited By crusader8463

When I was a kid I got this NES, might have been SNES but I'm pretty sure it was NES, game that was like one of those old school dungeon crawler RPG's where every time you turn in a direction it has to stop and load a new picture, then you choose to turn a direction or walk forward etc. I remember it being way too complex for my child mind and not understanding anything about it. IIRC it had some kind of mechanic to it where every action you took depleted some kind of stat, and I had no clue how to refill it or even what I was supposed to do and the game always ended with me dieing in the same place over and over again and I could never grasp why. 

Also, I remember the game starting out with you running around a big open plain. I always died before I could find anything, so I'm sure there is more to it then that but I never saw it. I think once I found a castle, but then I died.

It has always haunted me because it has been the only game I could never figure out, and I have always wanted to find it again and play it as an adult to see if I can figure it out now.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By FireBurger
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By FireBurger
@crusader8463: I can't find a specific game, but is it one of these? If not, try messing with the filters yourself.
Cantaloup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#267  Edited By Cantaloup
maysey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By maysey

right, heres what I can renember from the game im trying to figure out: 

- It is a FPS 
- Its plot is something about being set in a world where the Nazis had won world war 2 
-It was on a episode of 'Playr' where at the time the game was still in development 
-I can renember the snippit of the level they played: they were in a construction site, walking across a half built building (all it was was metal girdles, y'know, the bar things?) there was things blowinbg up around them, and I think a nazi blimp appeared and crashed into a building, or atleast made something blow up when it appeared. 
-they made it into an alleyway at some point, they met up with a few guys, I think they said something about a resistance, and handed the player a rifle. 
-Im not sure what year this was now, it mightve been early nextgen console era (360, PS3 etc), or it might have been a nicely graphiced second gen (pS2 etc) game, I know its definitely on the mainstream consoles, I just dont know which generation 
- I have reason to believe it may be named somewhere along the lines of 'Last stand' or 'last' something, but im not sure. 

I hope you can find my game, even if its discontinued or something, I'll be happy to know what it is :)

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By ESREVER
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#270  Edited By Hailinel
@crusader8463 said:
" When I was a kid I got this NES, might have been SNES but I'm pretty sure it was NES, game that was like one of those old school dungeon crawler RPG's where every time you turn in a direction it has to stop and load a new picture, then you choose to turn a direction or walk forward etc. I remember it being way too complex for my child mind and not understanding anything about it. IIRC it had some kind of mechanic to it where every action you took depleted some kind of stat, and I had no clue how to refill it or even what I was supposed to do and the game always ended with me dieing in the same place over and over again and I could never grasp why.   Also, I remember the game starting out with you running around a big open plain. I always died before I could find anything, so I'm sure there is more to it then that but I never saw it. I think once I found a castle, but then I died. It has always haunted me because it has been the only game I could never figure out, and I have always wanted to find it again and play it as an adult to see if I can figure it out now. "
I've never played the game myself, but I'll take a shot in the dark.  Was it Arcana?  It was an SNES RPG in first-person.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By FireBurger
@ESREVER said:

" @maysey: Was it this one? 

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty "

And here is that level you remember.  Check out the gravity at 4:20 haha. From everything I read at the time, the game didn't turn out too great.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By crusader8463
@Hailinel:  No that wasn't it ether. It drives me nuts because I don't remember enough about the game to give much of a description beyond it being a 1st person RPG/Adventure game on the NES. IIRC it was more like a text adventure game with very crude graphics to show you were in locations, and I remember never being able to find a single thing in that game to interact with beyond a tower in the middle of nowhere that I always died at when I got to it.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#273  Edited By Hailinel
@crusader8463:   Shadowgate, perhaps?  It was a first-person adventure game in which you actually died when the two torches at the top of the inventory menu went out.  The only way to replenish your health was to collect torches from the walls and keep the menu torches lit.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By crusader8463
@Hailinel:  Could be it. Shucks just forget it. I have probably seen it listed already but I can't for the life of me seem to picture enough of what it looked like to place it properly. All I can remember is big open fields, never seeing people or things on my screen, and just running around and dieing for random reasons that I could never understand why.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#275  Edited By X19
@crusader8463: Can I put that as the answer or not?
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By crusader8463
@X19:  No I wouldn't.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By ESREVER
@FireBurger said:
" @ESREVER said:

" @maysey: Was it this one? 

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty "

And here is that level you remember.  Check out the gravity at 4:20 haha. From everything I read at the time, the game didn't turn out too great.
"
I played a LittleBigPlanet level based on this game. So when he said girders, something clicked and I thought of this game. I didn't actually play this FPS.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By X19
@crusader8463: I will add some of the info from your comments to the front page. Hopefully that will give people more to work on. 

Edit: Looks like you covered everything in your original question.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By crusader8463
@X19: Ok. Not sure if anyone will be able to help though. My memory of it is just a touch too fuzzy for me to remember it clearly I think. We will see.
bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#280  Edited By bibamatt

I remember a PC game from yeeears back.  A point and click adventure (in the same way as Myst or something like that).  You were in a land where dinosaur-like beings talked to you.  That's about all I can remember.  :-(

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By FireBurger
Avatar image for myloginispassword
MyLoginisPassword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a game I've looked for that possibly was a shareware game? It was a top down space shooter but it wasn't scrolling and the controls let you rotate the ship as opposed to strafe. It was a PC game but I can't remember the name for the life of me. THanks for any help!

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By FireBurger
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By ESREVER
@FireBurger said:
" @bibamatt: Dinotopia

"
I think that movie was on the Sci-Fi channel yesterday. What an odd coincidence!
Avatar image for myloginispassword
MyLoginisPassword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FireBurger: Haha, no. It was originally a PC game and I think was part of the big shareware apogee push. I feel like it came out around the time that Raptor came out.
Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#286  Edited By Gonmog
@Cantaloup: Thats it!!! Thanks!! Loved that game when i played it many years ago! Thanks again!  
@X19: Got both of my questions answered thanks!  
Cantaloup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Cantaloup
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By Retnex

I can't remember the name of this PC game that had you play as a Roly Poly, and you took on other insects like bees and ants. There was only around 6-9 levels, one where you ride the back of a dragonfly and it's like a flight sim. This was a game our school owned, so it may not have been well known. 

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By FireBurger
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By Retnex
@FireBurger: 
No, that's not it.
sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By sfighter21

Can't remember the name of a PSone game.  It was a game where you played as either Hercules, or this kid (with I think a slingshot??  Or maybe it was a club?), or a woman who used a bow and arrow.  The game had a very strong cartoony look.  Each time you would die, you would have to climb your way out of hell, each time from greater depths... Also, you had to spend coins in order to save the game.  Can't seem to find the name of the game anywhere, no matter how hard I look.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#292  Edited By willin
korlic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By korlic
the808dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By the808dude

hey people. i can't seem to remember the name of an arcade game. 2-D sidescroll shooter which used angels or demons. well they were flying and they had weapons u could shoot and i think u also had a melee attack as well. 3 selectable players. anyone?

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#295  Edited By HydraHam

If someone could help me find this game i played back in i believe first grade i would give a massive E-Hug

it's been like 20 years so im quite fuzzy on the details i am pretty sure it was a learning game but it was like a action/adventure game as well and it wasn't number munchers i am pretty sure you played as a kid or something, i know its vague and i have searched numerous times for it and for the life of me i don't know.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296  Edited By sfighter21
@Lights_Up_The_Shaft:   Nah.  Thanks for that, but that isn't it.  I did find it though!  It is called Herc's Adventures.  I want a copy of it, but it is so expensive everywhere I look.  Expected, I guess.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297  Edited By X19
@sfighter21: Will put it as Resolved then.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By FireBurger
@Styl3s said:
" If someone could help me find this game i played back in i believe first grade i would give a massive E-Hug  it's been like 20 years so im quite fuzzy on the details i am pretty sure it was a learning game but it was like a action/adventure game as well and it wasn't number munchers i am pretty sure you played as a kid or something, i know its vague and i have searched numerous times for it and for the life of me i don't know. "
Do you have any other information? Math learning, I take it? Any enemy types? 2D, 3D, top-down, third-person? DOS, I assume? Anything else. The smallest details can really help narrow it down.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By X19

The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v2.0

• "Questions From The Thread" is the new section to the thread. Making this section a guide has enabled me to add more people to update the page so that your questions get put up as quickly as possible.
  • QofM has also moved into that section.
  • Maybe adding a few more things in the near future too.
  • Thanks as always for supporting the thread.