The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v2.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#101  Edited By ESREVER
@Durandir: That looks like it is it. Good job finding it on your own! Maybe you should go fill the wiki in on that beast so others who are looking for games that are similar to Smash TV can find it. 

Also, concerning your submarine game, what kind of game was it? Was it like a shoot'em up, or more of a tame side-scroller? 
So many submarine games made their submarine yellow ><
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By X19
@Durandir:
I have updated the archive with your second game. 

@ESREVER said:
" #1 might be Operation Neptune, another The Learning Company game.

"
Nostalgia +1 
jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#103  Edited By jaqen_hghar
@ESREVER: I totally will when I get time tomorrow. Must find more info on it and see if I can get the demo or something I had before. 

I honestly cannot remember. All I remember is that the sub was all yellow. You had to get air, as in Dr. Riptide. The piranhas was really dangerous, and I think that when you got killed by them you saw your pilot as a skeleton. It was more of a time sidescroller. Might have been some weird knock-off made from Dr. Riptide, 'cause it looks very much like it, but it's not quite right. That "BAM NOSTALGIA" didn't hit me when I saw the video so to speak :p
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By X19
@mylifeforAiur:  Did allenibrahim tell you  you got the right answer in a PM. He wrote on the thread something along those lines but then deleted the comment.
EvilKatarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By EvilKatarn

2D platformer where you played as some sort of musketeer cat. Very frenchman like, wearing boots. Can't remember the colour of the cat, possibly orange or black.  
The game was much in the vain of Jazz Jackrabbit 2 

Must have been around when Blood 2 was out. I think maybe.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By X19
@LooM said:

" The RPG game was an old amiga game.. I was even younger when I played that, especially because it seemed to be made by some in Finland, the language was strange at least ;).. The name I recall had something about Legion in it?  You had an overview map, where you could travel from place to place, and you'd get random encounters, or you could sack towns etc, buy from shops in 'em.. I remember there were these troll like creatures, Kobolds or something like that they were called.. Which were extremely hard hitting, but also died quite easily..    When you attacked a city/village/fortress, you would have to throw rocks/stuff at walls in order to get in and kill the defenders to win..  Hope somebody has any clue what I'm talking about :D "

Is the RPG called Legion? 

MisterBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#107  Edited By MisterBronze

Hi all, I hope you can help me with this one. It's been killing me for months. 

It was a PS1 game, which was in 1st person, but it wasn't a shooter. It was set on a spaceship and was an adventure game. I remember the most important part of the game was you could change your facial expression before you talk to people. Your facial expression affected how people would respond to you and the wrong expression could make or break a conversation.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By X19

The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v2.0

• New Game section has been updated.
  • If you know of any websites that have information lists of games reply to me here.
  • arab_prince has started a blog which you get to by clicking on the Extras section in the main page. There you will find all the games from the thread archive which need some love. So if want some easy wiki points check it out. 
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By ESREVER
@MisterBronze: Was it Sentient

It was the only Sci-fi on a space ship/station with a first person perspective that wasn't a point and click adventure game I could find. It also features a social system with the NPCs. 

MisterBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By MisterBronze
@ESREVER: You are a gentleman and a scholar. THANK YOU! That's definitely the game!
LooM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#111  Edited By LooM
@X19:  
That's exactly the one mate! Damn, never thought it would be polish! :o 
I must've had quite some time as a kid, considering I actually played it a lot, and I'm not polish lol!  
Wonder if they ever made an english version?

Cheers man!
ZodiacBraves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By ZodiacBraves
@red_rum said:

" There was this PS2 (or PS1) game, it starred this samurai whose body parts were stolen from him (around 40) by demons when he was a baby, and his parts were replaced with cyborg components. The cyborg parts have weapons built into them. The game starts in black and white, but it turns to color when he gets his eye back (the first body part). There was also this little kid who was his companion; I knew you could play as the kid, but I don't remember if it was a boy or a girl. Anyone know what game I'm talking about? Please help. "

Don't know if this was answered yet or not but, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Will_Tell
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By ESREVER

Pending Questions *Updated*

Has n00d13z confirmed himself that Carnivores was his game? I see it updated on the table, but didn't see the post anywhere in the thread saying it was it.  

@CookieMonster

"Hmmm. He looked like Link from legend of zelda? And the graphics were pretty cartoony. And if it helps, I think the title was made up of more than one word."   

"Its a game I've been trying to remember the name of for aaages. It was for the Sega Mega Drive, and I think it was a side-scrolling platformer, based on that mythical/medieval style of shit (possibly). The closest game I can relate to it is that second Legend of Zelda game that was a side scroller. Sorry if my description is crap, but it was a very long time ago.   If anybody even has the faintest idea what I am on about, its a miracle. "

The Battle of Olympus - Suggested by Ignor.  
Confirm or Deny.  
~! Update, The Battle of Olympus is not it.

@red_rum

There was this PS2 (or PS1) game, it starred this samurai whose body parts were stolen from him (around 40) by demons when he was a baby, and his parts were replaced with cyborg components. The cyborg parts have weapons built into them. The game starts in black and white, but it turns to color when he gets his eye back (the first body part). There was also this little kid who was his companion; I knew you could play as the kid, but I don't remember if it was a boy or a girl. Anyone know what game I'm talking about? Please help.

Blood Will Tell - First suggested by Csaint.  
Confirm or Deny.  

@Korolev

There was this one game for the PC - it wasn't very well known, I don't think. It was a puzzle game in which you controlled a character with green suspenders and a green bowler hat, walking around rooms that contained death traps that were usually laser beams. You had to step on switches or move mirrors to redirect the beams, and if you walked into a beam, you'd be treated to a close up of you Character's body with a hole in it (no blood or anything, just a clean hole through the stomach), and then the character would fall over dead. This game was made in the very early 90's, I think. The main character was also a kid, and I think he was black, but I'm not sure about that. 

Anyway, it was a reasonable puzzle game but seeing my character being lasered to death repeatedly freaked me out when I was four years old.

Rescue Rover - As suggested by BeachThunder  
Confirm or Deny. 
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By X19
@DemonWolf: Is the tank always hovering or can it switch between modes like this at 7.22. What enemies did you fight? Was it futuristic?

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#115  Edited By Kontrapunkt

Hi ladies and gents. Another lost game. 
Here we go!

PC game. Around the time of Age of Empires and AoE: Rise of Rome and Microsoft Return of Arcade. I played a demo edition. Probably released by Microsoft or Microsoft game studios. The basis of the game was a sort of flight simulator. Flying something that may or may not have resembled a stealth fighter, I remember being in Egypt, shooting aliens ( I think) and trying to fly either through a trap door through the pyramids or the sphinx. I never made it very far. It was in 3D and had 3rd person perspective (I think)

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#116  Edited By TobyD81
@X19:  New game: 90's era arcade speedboat action/racing game. You drive your speedboat down a set course and shoot/avoid enemies in the way. Objective is to complete the level with a cargo package that the enemies are trying to steal. Complete the level and get cash to spend on boat upgrades and weapons. Levels have ramps which can be used to jump into fuel-carrying balloons, and pulling back on the arcade yoke let's you glide the boat. It's not Bimini Run and it's not Hydro Thunder.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Mmmslash
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By X19
@Mmmslash said:
" CookieMonster's game sounds like Alex Kidd in Miracle World to me. "
Please reply to him. You can find him in the thread by clicking his name in the table on the front page.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By X19
@TobyD81 said:
" @X19:  New game: 90's era arcade speedboat action/racing game. You drive your speedboat down a set course and shoot/avoid enemies in the way. Objective is to complete the level with a cargo package that the enemies are trying to steal. Complete the level and get cash to spend on boat upgrades and weapons. Levels have ramps which can be used to jump into fuel-carrying balloons, and pulling back on the arcade yoke let's you glide the boat. It's not Bimini Run and it's not Hydro Thunder. "

Is it Hydra

No Caption Provided
TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#120  Edited By TobyD81
@X19:  Nailed it! Thanks, that was bugging me.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By X19
@Kontrapunkt: Was it a sci fi as well? 

Like Hellbender, Fury 3 and Incoming 

Reading the comment on this youtube clip Win95 came with a demo of hellbender later in it's life.  Was it flying like this or more sim like? 

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Kontrapunkt
@X19:  Hmm, no I don't think so, the levels we're open, It didn't have any sort of cockpit and the theme wasn't really spacey it was more Sci-Fi I think. Also I don't think you could hover or stop. I think it was post Motocross madness so post 1998.

EDIT: Nope I'm totally wrong I'm pretty certain upon looking it could be Fury3  I remember saying that out loud describing it!  Also, according to the Wiki:

Sebek  (Ancient Egypt themed, pyramids and such)

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By X19
@Kontrapunkt: Cool can I put that as the answer then?
Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Kontrapunkt
@X19:   Yeah! Go right ahead.  
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#125  Edited By benpack
@X19: 
Alright. So it was an N64 game. Sidescroller. You were a female character, and there were robots. I'm pretty sure there was a level involving the Olympics at some point, or at least Gold Silver and Bronze medal competitions. It was 2D but had 3D sprites.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ESREVER
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#127  Edited By benpack
@ESREVER said:
" @GlenTennis: Mischief Makers? "
Damn, that was fast.
Thank you so much. 
I played this game for hours upon hours when I was sick one day from school.
ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By ESREVER
@GlenTennis: I played it a ton as well, but I could never beat it. I should try again sometime soon. 
Glad I could help :)
Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#129  Edited By Grumbel
@Kontrapunkt said:

EDIT: Nope I'm totally wrong I'm pretty certain upon looking it could be Fury3  I remember saying that out loud describing it!  Also, according to the Wiki: "

If there is any doubt left that it might not be Fury3, check out Terminal Velocity, extremely similar game, but not from Microsoft.
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By papuccino1

I can't remember the name of this game! 

It was released some time ago. Probably before modern games like Doom, etc. I distinctly remember playing this game on a PC along with Spiderman Cartoon Maker. I was a kid so I have zero recollection of story. 

I remember it was in some type of futuristic city complex where you are a cyborg? I think the game was a point-click type game. I remember having trouble with the game because it involved some puzzle solving. Like that key goes her, this keycard open this vault door, etc. 

ANY information would be great! I'm sure this game was great and would really like to beat it as an adult.

UnderlingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By UnderlingX
@X19:
Hey, I hope you guys can help me out. This is a game i use to play a lot when i was a kid and its been annoying me for years. 

It was on a PC i owned in 95 i think. Though it didnt have windows. It just ran on MSdos like C:/ then type in name of the game. 
The only game i can remember being on as well as this one is Wolfenstein (the original). 

This game i am thinking of was a 2d platform style thing. pixely. You were some guy and you had to kill the green sludge aliens. I remember there being like mangled corpses of spacemen and stuff lying around a sort of ruined urban landscape. You climb in broken windows and could go into the sewers as well... Think it was keycard finding based but cant be sure. 

Please help. 
Thanks
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#132  Edited By nintendoeats
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#133  Edited By BeachThunder
UnderlingX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By UnderlingX
@BeachThunder:
Wow thanks! I have been wondering what this game is called for years!!  I bet its rubbish compared to what i remember but... awesome! 

*SOLVED*

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By X19
@papuccino1: @nintendoeats said:
" The game that @red_rum is looking for is Blood Will Tell

@pappucino might be talking about Beneath a Steel Sky, just a guess. "
Blood will tell has already been given as an answer. Look next to red_rum's name and click pending. 

Papuccino1 is that the game or not?
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Karl_Boss

Alright I can't give much info on this game but I played it when I was a kid so probably 9 or 10 years ago.....when I was a kid I only played Sega Genesis (also the CD and 32X add-ons) and Super Nintendo so this game was most likely on one of those systems....One distinct thing I remember about the game was a minigame in which you had to try to eat the pizza while the mother was looking away, if she saw you eat a piece she would smack you and the minigame would end....also one of the bosses was a giant boot....the game was really strange overall....I know its not a lot of details but I hope someone can help me with this because I've done a lot of searching but haven't been able to come across it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#137  Edited By JJOR64

I've got a game that I've been trying to remember the name of for years.  I'll try this thread out and see if you guys can help me.

It's a SNES platformer.  You are this guy in a green suit and you shrink to a very small size.  About the size of a green army man.  The first level is your laboratory I believe.  At some point in the game you drive a toy car.  The graphics were kinda clayish I think or maybe they were sprites, can't remember.

That's about all the info I can give.  If anyone remembers the name of it that would be awesome and I will give you $775 million.

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Ignor
@JJOR64 said:
" I've got a game that I've been trying to remember the name of for years.  I'll try this thread out and see if you guys can help me. It's a SNES platformer.  You are this guy in a green suit and you shrink to a very small size.  About the size of a green army man.  The first level is your laboratory I believe.  At some point in the game you drive a toy car.  The graphics were kinda clayish I think or maybe they were sprites, can't remember. That's about all the info I can give.  If anyone remembers the name of it that would be awesome and I will give you $775 million. "
This one was actually pretty easy. I'm almost 100% sure it's Harley's Humongous Adventure.

No Caption Provided

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By JJOR64
@Ignor:   Holy crap.  Thanks a bunch.  So were do I mail the $775 million to?
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Ignor
@JJOR64: 
Think nothing of it, friend :)
(But you might want to let X19 know that  the case has been solved)
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By JJOR64
@X19:   My case has been solved.  Maybe I should use this thread more often.     :)
Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Gonmog
@X19:  
  Heres two games i cant not recall the names for at all. 
A PS game where you are a mech the transforms from a police hover car to a walking mech when ever. Had a fun multi player part as well....from what i remember at lest...could really be crap. This one should be easy but its late and it struck me as i was thinking of the next game.

And a DOS/PC point and click game that had a cardboard wheel you had to use to decode to every time you wanted to play, it had a story setting in a Shadowrun type city, and there is this mini game type thing in in where you have to throw daggers inbetween somones fingers sitting on a table. If you missed it showed the knife slicing into the skin of the finger.  That is all i can remember from it other then it seemed very graphic when i played it in early 90s.
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Ignor
@Gonmog said:
"A PS game where you are a mech the transforms from a police hover car to a walking mech when ever.  "
Future Cop LAPD, perhaps...?
Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Gonmog
@Ignor yep that was it! Player that game a ton. Loved the multi player part. Thanks
oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#145  Edited By oraknabo
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By X19
@oraknabo: Already given as answer click on pending next to his name.
Nutchos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Nutchos

Really hope I can get this answered cause I've been looking to play it again for YEARS.

It was a SNES game. It was a side scrolling shooter that involved (from what I vaguely remember) a mother squirrel trying to rescue her baby squirrel. Sounds like a childish game but there were guns and you shoot things like a typical side scroller. The graphics were colorful (best I can describe them).

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By prestonhedges
@Gonmog said:
" @X19:    And a DOS/PC point and click game that had a cardboard wheel you had to use to decode to every time you wanted to play, it had a story setting in a Shadowrun type city, and there is this mini game type thing in in where you have to throw daggers inbetween somones fingers sitting on a table. If you missed it showed the knife slicing into the skin of the finger.  That is all i can remember from it other then it seemed very graphic when i played it in early 90s. "
the knife/fingers thing is from Full Throttle, and the Monkey Island games had code wheels, so maybe you're getting some of those mixed up?
Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Gonmog
@gladspooky nope, It was most definitely not monkey island or full throttle.
Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#150  Edited By Timing
@EvilKatarn said:
" 2D platformer where you played as some sort of musketeer cat. Very frenchman like, wearing boots. Can't remember the colour of the cat, possibly orange or black.  The game was much in the vain of Jazz Jackrabbit 2  Must have been around when Blood 2 was out. I think maybe. "
Wow no one answered this? Because I'm pretty sure it's Claw.