The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@briangrice35: It wasn't Masters of Orion, was it? I don't actually know much about that game, but it's another big space title from that general era.

Sriram1208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I played this game when i was a kid and it was a game released for pc probably between 1995-2005 i guess. It about a guy in a white suit and we control that guy. We have to complete a lot of mini games and get gadgets and then battle this villain in a black suit named Khan, that should really narrow it. At the end of the game, Khan is contained in a ice containment. To choose mini games you have to move on a map which kind of resembles scotland yard, choosing a location and then moving there on the map.

briangrice35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1653  Edited By briangrice35

@veektarius:

No, I don't think it was "Masters of Orion". I looked at some images of that on Google and none looked too familiar. I think we're on the right track.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These images look really close. Except for the bottom and right side text/graphics.

The one key feature I for sure remember was the ability to make changes/upgrades to your ship. You could get a better engine and maybe cargo hold or something. I for sure remember the navigation system was called 'Magellan' or 'Vespucci', and maybe a third style.

I'm pretty sure it was a low budget, rare game that hardly anyone played.

Thanks again guys.

briangrice35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1655  Edited By BooDoug187

Toight, bored at work a game trailer I remember seeing awhile back popped in my head. It was a short trailer for I believe a horror game. Here is all I remember of it...

1) There were two trailer's for this game.

2) The first trailer was of a man sitting on a seat on a train. The graphics were very sparse and had creepy music playing

3) The second trailer was of some ceiling fans, again sparse graphics, creepy music.

4) At the end of the trailers the title of the game would come on, looking like they were on gears or some kind of machine. It was a one word title.

EDIT: FOUND IT! It was Veil

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-15135
deactivated-15135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I'm trying to remember a PC game I played circa 1994. It was a role-playing/adventure type game. It had a top-down view (maybe isometric) I THINK you could control your characters by clicking the mouse and then your character would walk to that point. If I remember correctly, the beginning of the game (or at least at some point int he game )your party starts as prisoners having to battle a monster in a coliseum type situation. There were all kinds of random items you could pick up and some of them had no use at all. One such item was a set of divining stones/bones that you could get from a fortune teller. There seemed to be a lot of desert and mountain areas, and I remember one part had like a big boulder/rock that had a hole in the top of it, and your character noted that there was some type of noise coming out of it. There were multiple people in your party, but I don't remember if they were all on screen at once or not, but you could only control one at a time. Battle took place in real time if I remember correctly. One of your party members was really big, like an ogre or something.

ninjalegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@veektarius:

No, I don't think it was "Masters of Orion". I looked at some images of that on Google and none looked too familiar. I think we're on the right track.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These images look really close. Except for the bottom and right side text/graphics.

The one key feature I for sure remember was the ability to make changes/upgrades to your ship. You could get a better engine and maybe cargo hold or something. I for sure remember the navigation system was called 'Magellan' or 'Vespucci', and maybe a third style.

I'm pretty sure it was a low budget, rare game that hardly anyone played.

Thanks again guys.

This is Star Control 2. At least the 2 images on the right are. I don't know what the first one is although I think it is from the original Star Control. It was made for the pc and a port made for the 3DO. They later released this as a lovingly made remake of this as abandonware. I don't know the legality of it but it was called Star Control 2: The Ur-Quan Masters.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#1658 fisk0  Moderator

@fisk0 said:

I played this sci-fi point and click adventure game in the first couple of years of the 90's at a neighbor's house on some home computer, probably not PC. Possibly Amiga, Atari ST or late model TRS-Coco, I seem to recall it having more detailed graphics than you would've gotten out of a C64 or Spectrum, but not the high quality, high color stuff you got from late Amiga and PC DOS games, like the later Space Quest games or Beneath A Steel Sky.

Either way, the scene that sticks out to me is a death scene where the protagonist (who looks a bit like Samus or Turrican - power armor/space suit thing with a colored visor) enters a room with metallic plating on the walls. There was a turret in the upper corner of the screen shooting the protagonist, instantly turning him into ash, and a few seconds later a door opened and two cleaning robots, one shaped like a dustpan, enter the room and clean up the ashes.

There's a vaguely similar scene in Beneath A Steel Sky, where an enemy is cut apart in a fairly gory manner by a ceiling mounted laser turret, but BASS was released in 1994, after that neighbor had moved, and as mentioned above, had a bit more high fidelity graphics than the game I'm thinking of, which would've been closer to (but slightly better looking than) something like Space Quest III.

Bumping this. Does nobody really recognize this? :(

LoktarOgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcusjjordan said:

@loktarogar said:

I have two games for you fine folks:

One is a PS1 racing game where the cars are kind of like clown cars in that the nose and rear are very small. You could customize your car by buying different engines (and probably wheels and stuff, but I specifically remember engines). I also remember a lot of blue in the menus. I only ever rented it and I don't think I ever anyone talk about it either online or in real life. No idea if it holds up, but I remember liking it a lot. Probably played this around 1998~

The second one is a top down space shooter, probably on the PC, where you could pick up different weapons and they'd just hang off of the side of your ship until you had a ship that's like 10 weapons wide, five on either side. That's not a lot to go on, but I figured I'd try anyway. The only other specific detail I can offer is that I must have played it before the year 2000.

Can't be sure, but...

Motor Toon GP and Xenon 2: Megablast?

Motor Toon GP doesn't seem like it's what I'm thinking of (I think it was less fantastical than that), but Xenon 2 definitely does, so thank you for that.

So by some freak accident I found the racing game. It's called "Penny Racers", better known as the Choro Q franchise in Japan. It came out in 1996.

Olisteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys, just woke up thinking about this game can't remember which brought me here.

So the game I played it around 10 years ago on my playstation 2.

The game ein my memory serves me right goes like this :

You are a man in a spaceship with your friend and another of your friend in another spaceship. Either your spaceship or your friend's crashed into this planet you were passing by and you have to go and get it him. So on the planet you try to locate your friend. Upon scouting the planet there are these strange animals you have to kill and you find a civilisation about to kill one of their own (I think). You then save her and she follows you. She is a witch and use spells and power while you have different guns. As you progress through the every long gameplay, you end up being a group of four persons. I don't remember if you can play with the other humans, but at some point you play the woman having powers and use spells, then comeback to the man and again control the woman. Of course they fall in love later on.

Thing in the game with significance:

-At one point she transform you into one of those monsters and you can control him. You eat the enemy to gain back health and you are quite strong. You can throw enemies at other enemies and do other stuffs.

-the gameplay is really really long

-only when you control the woman you can do spells and have many weapons with the humans

-the humans have jetpacks which can elevate them to a limit and then it recharges. It is really helpful to navigate

-I think the woman's father is the chief and the antagonist

-when you meet with some of your friends they follow you and support you in battle but I am not sure you can just choose who to play as. The game does it for you when they go for different missions.

-when controlling players, you see them completely, and they are a bit small

Those are all the things I can remember, maybe the story is not precise but it is similar. This is my second time attempting to find this game. So hopefully this time you guys will help me find it this time. Thanks for making it to the end of this post and straining those nerves and memory to help me find the name of this game. I really enjoyed this game when small of not it was my best ps2 game I played.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@olisteve: What's the gameplay like?

Is this a JRPG? or an action game or something else?

It sounds a bit like a Star Ocean Game, but I don't think that's quite right.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm vaguely remembering a game I played on some old machine my father had. Fairly certain it was some european MSX computer, since it could play Knightmare and it had a version of Gradius called Nemesis. This game I'm thinking of was set in an Egypt-like locale. It's a shooter where you are what looks like a paper plane, and at some point you shoot a sphinx. The perspective was kind of Isometric, I think it scrolled oddly diagonally up.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fisk0 said:

@fisk0 said:

I played this sci-fi point and click adventure game in the first couple of years of the 90's at a neighbor's house on some home computer, probably not PC. Possibly Amiga, Atari ST or late model TRS-Coco, I seem to recall it having more detailed graphics than you would've gotten out of a C64 or Spectrum, but not the high quality, high color stuff you got from late Amiga and PC DOS games, like the later Space Quest games or Beneath A Steel Sky.

Either way, the scene that sticks out to me is a death scene where the protagonist (who looks a bit like Samus or Turrican - power armor/space suit thing with a colored visor) enters a room with metallic plating on the walls. There was a turret in the upper corner of the screen shooting the protagonist, instantly turning him into ash, and a few seconds later a door opened and two cleaning robots, one shaped like a dustpan, enter the room and clean up the ashes.

There's a vaguely similar scene in Beneath A Steel Sky, where an enemy is cut apart in a fairly gory manner by a ceiling mounted laser turret, but BASS was released in 1994, after that neighbor had moved, and as mentioned above, had a bit more high fidelity graphics than the game I'm thinking of, which would've been closer to (but slightly better looking than) something like Space Quest III.

I maybe remember a scene like this from the game adaptation of William Gibson's Neuromancer that came out in 88. I don't think I've played it since the late 80s though, so I'm probably wrong.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm vaguely remembering a game I played on some old machine my father had. Fairly certain it was some european MSX computer, since it could play Knightmare and it had a version of Gradius called Nemesis. This game I'm thinking of was set in an Egypt-like locale. It's a shooter where you are what looks like a paper plane, and at some point you shoot a sphinx. The perspective was kind of Isometric, I think it scrolled oddly diagonally up.

Sounds like Desert Falcon except you play as a bird in that one and it's for Atari 7800.

Loading Video...

In any case, there aren't a whole lot of isometric shmups. Here's a list: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23756

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinusoidal: Thanks, that's got to be it! The paper airplanes are what the sphinx was shooting.

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, maybe not the right place for this but trying to remember the game Vinny played on a feature a while back (I think a UPF) that was kind of a neon future world where you built things out of hexagons and could create robots using oscillators and switches and stuff like that?

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1667  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@sinusoidal said:

@fisk0 said:

@fisk0 said:

I maybe remember a scene like this from the game adaptation of William Gibson's Neuromancer that came out in 88. I don't think I've played it since the late 80s though, so I'm probably wrong.

Huh, that doesn't seem too far fetched actually. I've never finished that game, and have only played the PC version in recent years. It's possible my neighbor had it on one of the other home computer platforms at the time, making me not instantly recognize it, but, yeah, the robot designs and general sense of humor seem similar enough. I'll have to look around if someone has compiled a list of ways to die in that game.

This scene seems familiar enough, even though I can't find any images of exactly how the player dies there.

No Caption Provided

Olisteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: the gameplay is more like action adventure third person view. You see the character a bit small but not that small. You are always wearing a space suit cause there is the jet pack on it except when you play with the female who has powers (btw she isn't from the human race but you are and yours friends are). It is definitely not jrpg.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@olisteve: Oh Gosh, I'm sorry then . I don't think I know.

If I think of something later I'll post it here.

Yuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1670  Edited By Yuz

Okay, I have extremely little info, but it's worth a shot. I remember my dad letting me play this when I was very young. It was set on a ship - possibly a spaceship, maybe just a regular ship. You had a room, and the aim may or may not have been to upgrade the class of your room. You could type messages to the NPCs and I distinctly remember asking for a better room and getting a better room. I also remember a speaking bomb timer, that sort of had its own personality, and it would say something like "this ship will self destruct in X seconds", where X was a number so high it would never detonate. Every time you talked to it the timer would reset, saying something quirky like "I lost count". I feel like there was a theme of being the only human on the ship, but that could be wrong. It felt like an aimless, sandbox kinda game but that might just have been because of how young I was.

I'm not expecting anyone to get it, but I saw this thread and couldn't help myself.

edit: I should mention that it's 3D and probably came out around 2000.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#1671  Edited By SubwayD

Deadlock 2: Shine Wars!!

Sorry for the outburst. It's just that about 3 months back I posted the following

This has been bugging me. A sci-fi strategy game that I want to say was turn based. I can't remember too much, outside of it having base management screens that looked like they were from Master of Orion 2, only it was an early 00's era game with that faux-windows look to it.

I also distinctly remember them playing up one of the alien races. A sort of bear looking thing. The body of a Krogan from Mass Effect with the face of the Fizzlybear from Viva Pinata. I can just about picture how they looked on the box art, and a vague memory of icons of them on an Alpha Centauri like map screen.

Real vague, I know. I just remember buying the game, not liking it and giving it to a friend who ended up getting super deep into it.

Then I found it. Deadlock 2: Shrine Wars!

Here's the stupid ugly cover art, which is pretty much what I remembered.

No Caption Provided

Finally got that figured out. That has been irritating me for a while.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#1672  Edited By SubwayD
HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1673  Edited By HoboZero

Attention fellow old fogeys: looking for a Commodore 64 game. All I can recall is:

• it's not pool of radiance
  • some sort of RPG
  • title screen/intro involved someone falling into a pool in a cave
  • I'm seeing some sort of top down view, you are a dot or symbol (maybe yellow?) walking through a cave with blue walls

It's been like 30 years since I've seen it, sorry for the crap description.

PopoZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello guys, I didn't find a topic "introduce yourself" or something, also excuse my language english is not my mother tongue, so here I am after million years I found this discussion and I hope someone help me.

I live in France (yes, I'm french, nobody's perfect) and the game I am looking for was in french, also in german and I'm not sure but I think there was other languages.

It's a PC game in 3D (old, crappy 3D) in which you play a little guy from a tribe of mini-people, looking like Hugo (if you remember?) in an undersea city where you use your little submarine to go in the dangerous and polluted ocean. You have a magnet on your submarine, to grab some bottle caps that are actually bigger than you and your machine, to recycle them in order to make energy for your little city. You have to avoid sea mines, i don't remember fighting fishes or something... There are some restricted areas protected by mines and gates, I never succeed to GO THERE AAAAH!

I think it's an independant game, or a german licence, maybe from the late 90s, maybe more the 2000s. This is NOT Eco Quest. I looked in the wiki and i found nothing.

Sorry for any sh*t I did (or did not?) here, hope someone can heeeeeeeeeelp!

Yuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1676  Edited By Yuz
TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1677  Edited By TheBlackPigeon

(EDIT: Never mind, I found. The title is The Rapture Is Here And You Will Be Forcibly Removed From Your Home)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb2h5yrHyiA

Here's a good one for you:

I'm looking for the name of a free indie game that I believe released in 2012. You were all by yourself in a giant field, and there was a giant flashing hole in the sky that was slowly getting bigger. As you walked up to certain columns of light, there were voiceovers that read from Lovecraft's novella "The Shunned House"

I'm trying to finish a report for school, and this is the one big roadblock that's in my way. Please help if you can! :)

skywah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1678  Edited By skywah

I played this game on my PC around the late 90's or early 00's. I don't know if it was made then though. From what I can remember it was a game like civilization-I had to play against CPUs. It was a fantasy game were you could choose what race you were and I remember that I always chose the dark elf race if that helps. It was also a little bit similar to risk

I remember it being colorful.

It wasn't from a movie.

And My siblings and I loved the game. It was really fun but, non of my friends knew the game so, I don't think it was very popular.

I was also around 5-10 years old when I played this so it's been awhile as I'm 17.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@skywah said:

I played this game on my PC around the late 90's or early 00's. I don't know if it was made then though. From what I can remember it was a game like risk- I had to play against CPUs. It was a fantasy game were you could choose what race you were and I remember that I always chose the dark elf race if that helps.

I remember it being colorful.

It wasn't from a movie.

And My siblings and I loved the game. It was really fun but, non of my friends knew the game so, I don't think it was very popular.

Check out Warlords III: Reign of Heroes or Warlords IV: Heroes of Etheria. From what I've read, Warlords IV has a bunch of selectable races including dark elves, demons, orcs, etc... Maybe it's one of those?

skywah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AugustoFoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1681  Edited By AugustoFoggi

Hello guys,

I used to play a game like this:

• It was around 1998~1999, but certainly the game is older than this because I only played demo/shareware games that time
  • It was a DOS game, I had a 486 with Windows 95
  • War-like game with a world map, maybe the countries were dividided into red or blue ones, so I guess it's something related to the cold war or the 2ww
  • Maybe it was turn-based because I remember clicking the countries and then a picture in pixel art showing a battleship pops up
  • I remember I was able to attack Belize, can't remember why but I never forget this name
  • Can't remember the sounds

I couldn't find anything related into dos games archive or gog.

Thank you and sorry about any grammar mistake

Lalala92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1682  Edited By Lalala92

Hello,

I played this game 10-13 years ago. There was one main guy(it was demo so maybe somebody else comes later) who was tall(long legs) and he had to rob other people around the town(houses and safes). I think first letter of the game was S.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: The Sting! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sting!

Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1683  Edited By Entus

Hi guys. I remember playing this game (was on PC) 10-12 years ago, where it was a 2D game with very basic stick figure graphics, and you were running away from other stick figures. I remember there being ladders and blocks that disappeared that you can use to your advantage. I wanna say there might have been a level creator.

Edit: Found it. It was Lode Runner.

mikehalton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello hope you can help.

The game in question is a platformer, maybe 1990-1994, amiga 1200 i played it on. You would spin in the air with a bat/Club of some kind and a boss level would feature geese,duck or some other bird dropping egg and you had to miss them to survive. Hope you can help beeb buging me for nearly 10 years. Many thanks.

Koyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1685  Edited By Koyote

Hello everyone,

So I have this game, that I can't remember from childhood. I played game between 90's and 00's. Something like that. The game is 2D of course, looking from side. You can move left,right,up and down. You are a jailbraker or prisoner, you have to dig and collect keys while police chase you. So as I remember it, you are below the prison, and you dig to get keys, police can dig too or just chase you just the way you digged. I would love if someone can remember it, if someone played it. Its mean't to be played for kids. If u need any more information just post, Ill try to remember. But this is all I can remember for now.

Thanks.
Koyote.

sirchocolate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant remember how old it was, probably around 2004 ~ 2008 and i only played the demo version of the game, but from what i can remember these were some of the features :

- there were several factions (i think 5)

- the other factions besides the one you chose were controlled by AI

- you earned money and equipment for your character by completed quests and killing monsters

- you could form alliances or attack other factions' bases

- you could buy defenders for your base and crystals that had different effects for your base

-as you leveled you got new skills

this is all that i can really remember about the game since its been so long since ive played it, hopefully somebody knows which game im talking about. Thank you in advance.

Erms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1687  Edited By Erms

I'm trying to remember the name of a game I played +- year 2004

Graphics was quite good and genre was most probably adventure. Now a few things I remember:

Based in an old village that had a curfew (so you had to hide in a barrel), but you could travel (eg. go down a water-well), you had to collect items and make useful things (collect beeswax+wick=candle). That's all I have, and Google came up with nothing.

Thanks

AugustoFoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1688  Edited By AugustoFoggi

Hey guys,

I would like your help finding out two games:

First on is quite famous (I guess)

• Turn based strategy
  • I choose a 'leader' for your city ( or country?) among the pope, satan, and other pop culture simbols
  • you need to grow your city and destroy the others, so you can research missiles, use propaganda to attract ppl etc
  • Five player plays it, one in each screen corner and one in the center
  • I remember playing a flash/browser remake, but can't remember the name

The second is harder, I guess

• Platform shooter like the first Duke Nuken series, but graphics slightly better
  • The main character uses a helmet like the Robocop
  • A lot of gore
  • I remember playing Abuse that time, so the game was released around '96

Thank you guys in advance

Param_Mehta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so here we go:

i used to play this game in my childhood days probably frm 1998 to 2005 (might be a game released much earlier), graphics were awesome..!!

it was a free roam racing game in which we and the opponents have scary looking cars which possess guns and missiles to take down each other, i dont know much abt the car, bt there was a car which was a half naked man with wheels beneath his feet and his hands tied to another set of wheel in a axle... his eyes were red and he used to shoot missiles....!! please help me to find that game..>!! rest is all up to ur help..!

regards.!!

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@param_mehta: Sounds like you are talking about the Twisted Metal games, not sure which one, but the character you talked about sounds like Axel, Click for Axel.

Rangmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1691  Edited By Rangmar

Hi!

I'm trying to remeber an old game from the 90s (i think) which I played on an macintosh. I think it was a firstperson-adventure kind of game, with a scifi setting in a big futuristic city,maybe blade runner-esque/cyberpunk asthetiques (I seem to remember landing a flying car on a police station roof). I think it was fairly high-res drawn pixel graphics.The only thing I have to go on is a few vague memories, mainly two:

1: I remember early in the game facing an alien of some sort pointing a gun at you, who If you

failed the puzzle, shot you.

2: The game over/continue screen which used to haunt me. It featured an alien sitting by a table, with,

I think, your brain in a jar on the table, or something like that.

Thats all That I can remember with any kind of certantiy. If this seems familiar, please tell me, I've

been trying to remember this game for years!

appie87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello! I've been looking for this game for a long time I hope you can help me!

I remember playing the game around the same time as theme hospital. The game is about solving puzzles.you had a minigame with trains and recreating classical songs like Beethoven. This was very difficult. There were 2 other minigames aswell(i think).

I know this isnt much information, but it could be a voor challenge.:-)

sleight5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone knows this game...

It was either late 90s early 2000's, it was on the pc and it was very much like pokemon where you caught monsters and fought with them vs other people/monsters.

I think you started off inside a crystal forest of some sort.

If anyone thinks they know the game or can give me a hint it would be very appreciated

Thank You

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1694  Edited By Corevi

@sleight5: Was it 3D? 2D? A flash game? Was combat real time or was it turn based like Pokemon?

alexwjones1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking of a Playstation 2 game I used to play when I was little. The game was set in a futuristic world. It was a first person shooter, but you had a suit that could turn into a motorcycle so the camera would zoom out for that, I think. I'm also pretty sure you fought against aliens. The whole look of the game is like a post-apocalyptic war zone with destroyed overpasses and such.

Thanks beforehand for your help.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@skywah: I'm just going to throw out a couple possibilities. Disciples or Disciples 2 could be it. I think the expansion for Disciples 2 was specifically about Dark Elves. If that is it I want to say that Disciples 2 definitely holds up all these years later. Great game and very underrated. Then there are the Age of Wonder games which definitely had Dark Elves. Heroes of Might and Magic was a turn based fantasy game series but I'm not sure if there was a Dark Elf race in any of the games. There were Warlocks in the first one which could be what you are thinking of. And then there is always Master of Magic. A bit later there was the Etherlords series although I can't remember the race options for that game.

@sirchocolate: You might actually also be thinking of Disciples. A more recent game is Warlock but I believe it came out after 2008.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1698  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

@augustofoggi said:

Hey guys,

I would like your help finding out two games:

First on is quite famous (I guess)

• Turn based strategy
  • I choose a 'leader' for your city ( or country?) among the pope, satan, and other pop culture simbols
  • you need to grow your city and destroy the others, so you can research missiles, use propaganda to attract ppl etc
  • Five player plays it, one in each screen corner and one in the center
  • I remember playing a flash/browser remake, but can't remember the name

Could this be New World Computing's Nuclear War from 1989? It's you versus four AI players, and a friend of mine made an online multiplayer capable remake around 2008, named NetNuclear, which sadly isn't available online anymore to my knowledge (EDIT: apparently it's back online, but development has been halted).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As for that other game, I'm not sure, but have you looked into the Turrican series?

AugustoFoggi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1699  Edited By AugustoFoggi

@fisk0:

Oh, thank you, Nuclear War was exactly the first I was looking for.

Unfortunately the second one wasn't Turrican. It was a platformer pc game with urban scenarios, mostly inside buildings.

But thank you so much, I loved playing Nuclear War.

martinoc87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everybody.

It was around 1999 - 2000, I think (but not very sure). I used to play a game for PC about being an inventor or engineer, something like that, very good graphics for what I remember...

There were at least two modalities in the game. The first one, you were in a design paper (blue paper, white ink), and you had to create a circuit, for example to transport a mouse into a trap, using a conveyor belt, and I think something like motors, magnets and other stuff that I don't really get to remember. When you finished the design and you're good to go, you had to press a button, and then all the white ink materializes into real stuff... And the circuit starts moving, and working if you did it right, while the blue paper keeps at the background.

The second game mode, you were in a work bench, and you had to design a vehicle, choosing the type of wheels, type of fuselage, etc. Then, you can try it out, in different environments. You can end up breaking the vehicle or getting through all the tests.

If your "invention" worked good, in any of the two previous modes, then a scientific (Einstein alike) talked to you and told you it was a good job and that you could earn a patent about what you've created. In fact, "the patent" was really printable...

Finally, I believe there was a third mode... but no so sure.

I'l appreciate any help :)