• 73 results
BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BurBan_Snake

Poll The "I Cried for Ryan Davis, I Love Him, and Miss Him Dearly" Poll (785 votes)

Did I cry? Yes. 24%
Did I FUCKING CRY? Yes. 76%

Yes.

• 
BackseatBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By BackseatBoss

I'll probably sound like a douche, but whatever. Since the age of 12 I haven't cried once, because that was when my father passed away. There were no other times so far that warranted me crying even if I wanted to. However, when I got the news about Ryan being dead, it was the closest I was to crying during that period.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah. It's impossible to comprehend how he's actually gone and will never ever ever come back.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes,I still am.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like a thread for some Godley & Creme:

Loading Video...
SilverArrows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cried when I heard it first on Monday, cried on and off all day Tuesday, but thought was over it.

Heard the podcast this morning, and lost it then too. Came into work, and saw the Gametrailers/Bonus Round tribute, and when I saw GeoffK and Michael Pachter talk about it, I lost it then too. Goddammit, I need to get it together.

Here is the GT stream if anyone hasn't seen it

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/563vf4/gametrailers-com-remembering-ryan-davis

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging by the 80-20 Ratio of 580 votes here, I'd say we as a community..

Fucking Cried

and are probably

Still Crying.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I was really teary eyed on Monday but I was working in the office. Tuesday morning I was working at home and watching videos and the the awesome Ryan Power video game on and I broke down.

AtomB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably sound like a douche, but whatever. Since the age of 12 I haven't cried once, because that was when my father passed away. There were no other times so far that warranted me crying even if I wanted to. However, when I got the news about Ryan being dead, it was the closest I was to crying during that period.

I was similarly resilient for the same reason... until the last few minutes of the 7/09/2013 Bombcast. Having been there before, knowing what everyone on the podcast is going through and will continue to go through for the rest of time, the sadness overloaded my empathy circuits and I couldn't keep it in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I've not come close. I was taken aback when I heard the news and with following the site for as long as I have, it did feel very strange to have someone I hear on a semi regular basis, to hear that they've passed is strange. I never felt upset to the point of tears though, I do feel sadness and empathy for his wife, his family and his friends in and out of Giantbomb, but I've never come close to crying.

The worst feeling was when Vinny's voice broke during the end of the podcast and Jeff expressed his difficulty in coming to terms with it, I felt sad hearing about the loss. But I haven't cried over Ryan. Great guy who I will certainly miss hearing from and of, but I'm not anywhere close to tears. I hope I didn't come about as a douche, I've certainly cried to stuff in recent times but this isn't one of them.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I cried when I realized he never got to play the final Saints Row 4. Try not to think about games he was looking forward to, it's not a happy place.

DriveSand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I told myself it was weird to cry over someone over 6000 miles away, who I've never met and only knew from the internet. And then I started crying.

allgrinzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

End of the podcast was brutal, beautiful, but brutal. Tears since I heard, odd maybe, but yah.. I'm fucking crying on and off still.

troymcclure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Balled like a baby. Love the man for sharing all he did.

ZombieKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have been teary on and off since his passing. I have never grieved for someone I didn't know, so it's weird. We'll miss him!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By CaLe

I was in the shower and thinking about how the guys were thanking Ryan at the end of the recent Bombcast. I completely lost it out of nowhere... had to sit downーin the shower.. Until then I had just teared up a lot, but this time was different. Just... full-on crying, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I can still clearly hear Vinny's voice struggling as he's trying to maintain himself. That really hurts.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I cried. But not for Ryan. I cried for those left living with his loss. Ryan's death reminded me of three years of hell. My best friend and brother-in-law committed suicide in 2009, my mother died of lung cancer in 2010 and lastly but the most profound was my wife dying from a stroke in 2012. That's not counting my two dogs that died of cancer during that time. My ass was a little fucked and my wife dying took me over the edge. More than I knew.

The dead have it easy. It's the living that have it hard.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I was shocked, but did not cry.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By ki11tank

I probably had a horribly ugly sad face but it would just be a tear every once and while.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The god damn end of the bombcast man, fuck.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DoctorTran

I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch anything that he was in. Too damn hard :-/

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#75  Edited By asmo917

@doctortran: There will come a time at some point, and it's a different point for everyone, where some of those old videos and Bombcasts will be a great source of joy. Even now, the tributes and the most recent Bombcast get to me...but watching the Kinect with Bears, Hotline Miami, or Kirby's Epic Yarn QLs did nothing but bring a smile to my face.